» «
Photo

life on mars?

19 replies to this topic
Octember
  • Octember

propaganda inc

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:51 PM Edited by Octember, 11 April 2005 - 10:54 PM.

i believe there is no life on mars... but last night it hit me.
--
well, i was thinking about the end of the world, but what if, the end of our world, goes to mercury - as in our life... it transforms into something different? i highly doubt it, though... what if mars had it's own end of the world, and it's life was passed down to earth? or what if it had it's own life, but they transformed to what we are today?

i know it sounds crazy but.. but what? ideas?

edit:
user posted image
rivers.. rivers of what?

edit edit:
another thing.. see.. what if mars started out prehistoric, then colonial time, then what our time is now, then to their future? as in, they had a high technology rate. see.. it all can work out.

HoodyG
  • HoodyG

Don't do drugs.

• Members

Posted 11 April 2005 - 11:01 PM

In terms of migrationally moving to Mars, I think we should look further, as not only gravity and atmosphere are unlivable, but it also (Mars) will be consumed by the Sun sooner than Earth.
And I'm sure we can destroy (or at least set off course) any commet heading towards us.

Octember
  • Octember

propaganda inc

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 April 2005 - 11:11 PM

indeed, though, but who said the earth will come to an end by a commet? what if it was a nuclear war? what if the center of the earth explodes?

that's exactly what i'm saying, mars' could've had it's own end of it's world.. nuclear war? they could have lived as far as we can, then they had the end of their world.

Harlem
  • Harlem

The Renegades

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 April 2005 - 11:12 PM

Couldn't those be the aftermath of a solar wind storm or something crazy like that? It looks to me like it's just sand that was moved into lines that are similar to rivers.

Sweets
  • Sweets

Pяopagaиda Iиc.

• Feroci
  • Unknown

Posted 11 April 2005 - 11:18 PM Edited by SWEETSAPRIK, 11 April 2005 - 11:26 PM.

QUOTE (HoodyG @ Apr 11 2005, 19:01)
In terms of migrationally moving to Mars, I think we should look further, as not only gravity and atmosphere are unlivable, but it also (Mars) will be consumed by the Sun sooner than Earth.
And I'm sure we can destroy (or at least set off course) any commet heading towards us.

The gravity on mars isn't unlivable, just the atmosphere.
And the planet mars is farther from the sun than earth, not closer. So if the sun were to change stages, it would be burnt after earth would be. (although the difference would be in minutes or hours) Also, our sun doesn't have enough mass to go supernova, so it wouldn't be consumed, just heated to the point where all (human) life would die out.
And it's spelled "comet".

I don't know about life coming from there, but some scientists actually believe this is possible. They have found pieces of mars (in alaska, I believe) that they think were ejeted into space from a collision. They think some large object (comet, meteorite, etc.) hit mars and sent it flying towards us, and they say the rock was here before the dinosaurs.
(EDIT)
As for the "rivers" some scientists believe it is from water that has since dried up, but they have no proof. They only think think because of the patterns, which could just as easily be from the tremendous winds.

HoodyG
  • HoodyG

Don't do drugs.

• Members

Posted 12 April 2005 - 12:22 AM

I think think you should spell names with capital letters.

On topic, scientists believe that a big reason the Earth is so suitable for life is because it was hit by a comet the size of Mars. Making it's atmosphere denser. A big reason Venus is not inhabitable is that it did not have such faith, having been hit by a comet. According to PBS.
There is no way there could have been any form of intelligent life on Mars that was wiped out by any kind of nuclear war, because the toxic gasses would thicken the atmosphere. Which is in Mars' case pretty deficient to support that theory.
Besides, if there was life so civilized to develop nuclear missiles, we would find trace of existence of life. E. g. rubble cities etc. But pictures have been taken from every part of the planet from the space and that is not the case. That pretty much leaves that theory out.

Tongue of Colicab
  • Tongue of Colicab

629>1506

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 12 April 2005 - 01:35 AM

One theory is that Mars is like it is right now because at one point the magnetic poles switched, leaving no magnetic field for a short time. The magnetic field helps protect us from harmful rays from the sun, so Mars could have been destroyed this way. That kind of power can destroy most if not all things.

JackredluM
  • JackredluM

Saviour of the damned

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 April 2005 - 01:47 AM

there could be life on mars but i think only in 1 celled form, i have this theory that life is balanced and if a disaster would happen we get divided into an equal amount of single celled beings that have to evolve over to suit the new enviroment, so this would mean life is reevolving on mars and it is going to take a while.
i mean if you realize that in earth's total history taken as an hour we would only exist for a millisecond it is that long before nature produced an complex being as us.
so the beings on mars could have been further then us maybe it even was us and we moved to earth as an energy, but if we do find life it is a virus or 1 celled beings that could survive there.
life does seem to find ways to bring new life.

HoodyG
  • HoodyG

Don't do drugs.

• Members

Posted 12 April 2005 - 02:01 AM

Yep, that's the only way you can look at any life being there. Bacteria can withstand tremendous pressures and conditions.

A dumbass friend of mine believes world has only existed for about 10.000 years, and that human race is about 2.000 years old. And that dinosaurs were an experiment gone terribly wrong created by a highly evolved species of humans, and that they wiped out the entire world.

What a nimrod. lol just thought I would share this with you.

Octember
  • Octember

propaganda inc

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 April 2005 - 02:10 AM

i'm not saying about life on mars at the current time... i'm saying what if there was life on mars completely before any living life on earth.. and they started JUST like us; prehistoric, colonial, current, futuristic... then, they having an end of their own world, which was maybe caused by a meteor shower, comet, war, radiation... i'm just not saying at the current time. what if mars looked just like us in their time period, oceans, suspicions(sp?) of life on other planets - maybe ours, grocery stores, yeah...

Leftcoast
  • Leftcoast

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 12 April 2005 - 05:39 AM

Also, our sun doesn't have enough mass to go supernova, so it wouldn't be consumed, just heated to the point where all (human) life would die out.
And it's spelled "comet".

It dosn't have enough mass to become a black whole (as far as we know right now), but either way you can't rule out a supernova.

As for the "rivers" some scientists believe it is from water that has since dried up, but they have no proof. They only think think because of the patterns, which could just as easily be from the tremendous winds.

As for the rivers and such, you can see from highly detailed photos of mars that there was plenty of errosion caused by water (highly unlikey that it was anything but water). Go to NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory website there should be some excelent photos there to look at.

Edit: There should be some more datailed and closer photos similer to the one in the orginal post.

kool dude
  • kool dude

Im the pancake lizard.. meh meh

• Members

Posted 12 April 2005 - 02:47 PM

Ther is life on mars you dim, how can there be life here but no life there OMG YOU DIMMERS alien.gif

HoodyG
  • HoodyG

Don't do drugs.

• Members

Posted 12 April 2005 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (kool dude @ Apr 12 2005, 14:47)
Ther is life on mars you dim, how can there be life here but no life there OMG YOU DIMMERS alien.gif

I see through your infinite wisdom.

If you don't have anything reasonable to say, don't say anything.

kool dude
  • kool dude

Im the pancake lizard.. meh meh

• Members

Posted 12 April 2005 - 02:57 PM

i was wondering...... if they did find life on mars what would happen, would we get breaking news and stuff like WERE GOING TO DIE..... stuff like that??

JackredluM
  • JackredluM

Saviour of the damned

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 April 2005 - 03:14 PM

in America you would get news like that and probably to arm yourself to the teeth, in every other country they would say they found life on mars and are still researching what it is made of!

AllDoItTheSame
  • AllDoItTheSame

Marching Ant

• Members

Posted 12 April 2005 - 10:56 PM

no, the sun could definately NOT supernova, or black hole, as it is a medium sized star. The eventual fate of this rock were all chillin on, (unless some of you are astronauts, but by the looks of kool dude, im assuming not everyone has an IQ over six) Is that the sun will expand extremely fast into what is known as a red supergiant, and the earth will litterally melt.

dr zoidberg
  • dr zoidberg

Drain on society

• Members

Posted 19 April 2005 - 10:11 AM Edited by dr zoidberg, 19 April 2005 - 10:13 AM.

The conditions on Mars are too harsh for anything but maybe bacteria and/or viruses to survive. So if there is still life there, though I think it's very unlikely, it'd probably just be some bacteria.

However - if bacteria can survive there, then in a few million years advanced lifeforms could evolve there. It would be a lot different to life as we know it here though.

-wait that post seems to be a bit of a contradiction confused.gif

D Jones
  • D Jones

smoked out

• Members

Posted 19 April 2005 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE (HoodyG @ Apr 11 2005, 20:01)
A dumbass friend of mine believes world has only existed for about 10.000 years, and that human race is about 2.000 years old.

Indeed, he is a complete idiot. It is the year 2005 dozingoff.gif .

One of Mars or Venus's Moon has a Ocean and a shore side on it. It could be possible that the moons of Mars Or Venus could have had life on it, kinda interesting.

And who else can forget the face on mars? I forgot the correct name but here it is.

user posted image
Conencdence(Mis-Spelled)? Maybe so but this could possible be a Tomb or basically a Pyramid like Egypitians did but except place there face on the top of the Pyramid? I always found this interesting.

chris_sk8er4life
  • chris_sk8er4life

,.|.. >_< ..|.,

• Members

Posted 24 April 2005 - 07:04 PM Edited by chris_sk8er4life, 24 April 2005 - 07:10 PM.

That picture is from the Earths moon I do believe. Also, that picture is fake. But now back onto the topic. I believe that life on mars may have been ended by eruptions by its supervalcano. On mars there is a supervalcano that it named Olympus mons (or something like that) and it is atleast 10 times a big as Mt. Everest(sp?) A supervalcano that big would trigger every valcano on mars ,and with mars size, life would be demolished by the magma. Or if the magma didnt kill them, ash from all of the valcano's would go into the atmosphere and block out the sun causing an ice age, or something similar. While the ash is in the atmosphere, it couldnt be heated by the sun on its apposing side and it could damage the atmosphere permanitly(sp?) before it fell back to the ground. Then after so many hundreds of years, the poisonous atmosphere would damage the ground after the ice period making is a red sandy place and damaging all forms of bacteria that still lived.

Sound like a logical way of death on mars?

One of Mars or Venus's Moon has a Ocean and a shore side on it. It could be possible that the moons of Mars Or Venus could have had life on it, kinda interesting.

Moons are formed by rock that collided to make the planet it is affiliated with. It is highly unlikely for life to live on a moon. Also, Earth is the only place where water on its surface. The place you are talk about probably has a liquid substance on it, but its not water.

D Jones
  • D Jones

smoked out

• Members

Posted 25 April 2005 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE (chris_sk8er4life @ Apr 24 2005, 13:04)

Moons are formed by rock that collided to make the planet it is affiliated with. It is highly unlikely for life to live on a moon. Also, Earth is the only place where water on its surface. The place you are talk about probably has a liquid substance on it, but its not water.[/color][/b]

They haven't prooved that yet confused.gif . All they could see is a shore and I guess a ocean, I also think they said they seen large chunks of ice in the water (liquid substance). They don't know if its water or not yet. I wish I could find the pictures.

Oh yeah, Think Mt.Everest was big? Right now in Yellowstone Park there is a Supervolcano ready to errupt. Going to cover half of the United States. Mt.Everest is a little bitch compared to Yellowstone..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users