Photo

Joey - Hit or Miss

14 replies to this topic
mbee904
  • mbee904

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 April 2005 - 09:14 PM

What do you guys think of Joey, the "sequel" to freinds! I think its ok but nothing special!

Forty
  • Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 10 April 2005 - 09:29 PM

It's a big miss. It was an attempt to continue making money after Friends was over by leeching from their popularity and hoping to give lost, lonely Friends fanatics something to watch.

RoAcHcliP
  • RoAcHcliP

bong system

• Members

Posted 10 April 2005 - 10:11 PM

Its awful....the minx who played his sister was such a good actress on the sopranos, but "joey" totally downgraded her.

In a nutshell, its sh*tE

Enano
  • Enano

Thug

• Members

Posted 10 April 2005 - 10:21 PM

Friends was a mix of different personalities. In Friends, Joey had a stupid personality. He was good with girls, but he was dumb in everything else. Other people were more serious, like Monica and Ross. So that mix is what made Friends good. But in Joey, having that dumb character over and over made the show boring.

That's just my opinion.

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 11 April 2005 - 08:30 AM

It's ok, it has some funny moments, but alot of the time it's stuff thats allready been done

Wolfwood
  • Wolfwood

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 11 April 2005 - 03:31 PM

Eh, the show does have its moments, but just with Joey on his own, it is not too good. I believe it had so much hype and yet it came to this, a shame really.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 11 April 2005 - 03:44 PM

The program makes it seem as if Joey is the only one that can actually act...

Where as, we know the other actors/actress can act if you have seen things such as Roadtrip and The Sopranos.

memento27oasis
  • memento27oasis

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 April 2005 - 07:16 PM Edited by memento27oasis, 11 April 2005 - 07:21 PM.

Miss. Personally, I think the show sucks. I never liked "Friends" to begin with. I was always a "Seinfeld" kinda person myself. There wasn't a person on Friends with an IQ above 40. Same goes for "Joey". I hope the show gets yanked off the air.

HoodyG
  • HoodyG

Don't do drugs.

• Members

Posted 11 April 2005 - 07:27 PM

Joey has pretty original plots, like Friends in first couple of seasons. I used to watch the early Friends alot when it wasn't very complicated and story was interesting to follow. Overall, I think Friends were better than Joey as it stands, but give it couple more years on air and it might turn out as a successful successor.

{Matty}{Vice}
  • {Matty}{Vice}

Z...at heart.

• Members

Posted 11 April 2005 - 08:34 PM

Miss

Asmodeus
  • Asmodeus

Defunct the Strings

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 April 2005 - 09:51 AM

Lets face it, neither show was particularly good. But Friends had its moments. Moments that Joey, imo, lacks spectacularly.

It's terrible. Truly. Luckily the Simpsons is on at the same time here so I don't have to watch it.

Lol

-Asmo

Hexhamlad
  • Hexhamlad

~Owner of Gta-trivia~

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 10:34 AM

Lets face it, neither show was particularly good. But Friends had its moments. Moments that Joey, imo, lacks spectacularly.

i agree in friends they all had there "moments" but in Joey there are very few of those so i just doesnt work.

Hex

Guglielminpietro
  • Guglielminpietro

Undress for success.

• The Precinct

Posted 20 April 2005 - 03:10 PM

I quite like it. I didn't bother watching the last 3 or so series of Friends because it got boring and unfunny, so now I started watching Joey, even if it uses the same jokes, they're not worn on me. Plus Drea De Matteo is fit, so that's win-win.

smile.gif

DiVaio
  • DiVaio

• Members

Posted 24 April 2005 - 10:32 AM

Man, how can somebody not like Joey. I've seen every episode once or twice and they still made me laugh.
Maybe the storyline in it isn't as good as friends, but I don't think you can compare Joey to Friends. No comedy serie on tv is as good as friends, that's why the actors got about a million dollar for each episode they made.
I can't think of any other comedy on the moment that I would prefer over Joey.

jazz.
  • jazz.

waffen

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 April 2005 - 10:40 AM

Joey is premiering tonight here. Might have to check it out..Because Joey > Friends.
I <3 Elisha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users