Photo

Should Danish lesbians have children?

103 replies to this topic
Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• Members

Posted 09 April 2005 - 07:17 PM

The Danish department of moral has now said that we should allow single women and lesbians to be able to get sperm from a sperm bank in order to get their 'own' children.

And while they're at it, they want to break the anonymous for the sperm 'delievers' so the children can get to know their REAL father.

Your opinion?

( NOTE: As it is now, homosexuals cannot adorpt children, however partnership is allowed between homosexuals and has been that way since 1987. The only thing they don't get to is to get marriged in a church, everything else they are allowed to )

HoodyG
  • HoodyG

Don't do drugs.

• Members

Posted 09 April 2005 - 07:20 PM

I think life is all about survival and reproduction, as well as education of our youth.
And I doubt homos can give children a quality education on that.

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• Members

Posted 09 April 2005 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (HoodyG @ Apr 9 2005, 21:20)
I think life is all about survival and reproduction, as well as education of our youth.

Why? Homosexuals are not unknowelaged. They know what's going down. They can give the same education to their children as any other couple can do. They only have to notice them that other children ( including most/all of their friends ) have a male and female as mom and dad.

Harlem
  • Harlem

The Renegades

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 April 2005 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (HoodyG @ Apr 9 2005, 19:20)

Ever heard of Sex Ed? It isn't completely necessary for the parent to go step by step how have intercourse. Sexual Education in school teaches kids about protection, pregnancy, diseases, etc. It's not like gay and lesbian couples don't know about that. sigh.gif

HoodyG
  • HoodyG

Don't do drugs.

• Members

Posted 09 April 2005 - 07:34 PM

QUOTE (Svip @ Apr 9 2005, 19:24)

Why? Homosexuals are not unknowelaged. They know what's going down. They can give the same education to their children as any other couple can do. They only have to notice them that other children ( including most/all of their friends ) have a male and female as mom and dad.

How do you know that? Isn't lack of proper behavior the reason they're like that? That's what I think.
Anyway, they would probably get names as Maryann or Buttersworth (if male), I can't think of any embarrassing female names. Probably 'cause there aren't any, Bruce?
And by the way, kids would laugh at them and beat them up for having lesbians/ fags for parents.

Harlem
  • Harlem

The Renegades

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 April 2005 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (HoodyG @ Apr 9 2005, 19:34)

How do you know that? Isn't lack of proper behavior the reason they're like that? That's what I think.
Anyway, they would probably get names as Maryann or Buttersworth (if male), I can't think of any embarrassing female names. Probably 'cause there aren't any, Bruce?
And by the way, kids would laugh at them and beat them up for having lesbians/ fags for parents.

Lack of proper behavior makes people lesbian or gay? Wow.

"omg!!!!1 kidz wil make fun of dem fo havin gay parents!!"

Kids also make fun of other kids for not being able to afford brand names and things like that but you don't see being poor illegal or the government giving them money so they won't get "made fun of" do you?

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• Members

Posted 09 April 2005 - 07:41 PM

HoodyG, Denmark is not the USA. Here we are people with something many of you lack; common sense. ( I don't know if you're from America anyway, but here goes ) See, the Danish children are taught to accept any other person, most of them listens and learn, but not everyone is perfect.

I can see the problem with some kids teasing them. But the 'lack of proper behavior' statement? I would like you to take that back, most homosexuals are just as smart as you ( maybe not you after all ) and I.

And the names? Now you are the one being stupid.

Harlem
  • Harlem

The Renegades

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 April 2005 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE (Svip @ Apr 9 2005, 19:41)
HoodyG, Denmark is not the USA. Here we are people with something many of you lack; common sense. ( I don't know if you're from America anyway, but here goes ) See, the Danish children are taught to accept any other person, most of them listens and learn, but not everyone is perfect.

Are you saying that there aren't any racist people and homophobic people in Denmark? People usually try teaching their kids to accept people for who they are here too but you can only control another persons thoughts so much.

RainingAcid
  • RainingAcid

Hustler

• Members

Posted 09 April 2005 - 07:45 PM

I doubt childern will get beat up. That's just racism in a way. Gays/Lesbians are people just like us. As for what you said earier, people choose to be gay or not. Myabe lesbian doesn't like the way the male penis looks like. Myabe gay men doesn't like boobs or pussys. Some other are born with it. It's called Gender Confusion. It's when the fetus's body devlope to be oh..let's say female. That's the normal. However, the brain may devlope in a way to act as if it was a girls.

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• Members

Posted 09 April 2005 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE (Harlem @ Apr 9 2005, 21:43)
QUOTE (Svip @ Apr 9 2005, 19:41)

Are you saying that there aren't any racist people and homophobic people in Denmark? People usually try teaching their kids to accept people for who they are here too but you can only control another persons thoughts so much.

No.

I am just saying our children are not that extreme, it's when they get over 10 or 12 they get extreme. I mean the Right-Wing in Denmark wouldn't be sitting on the power if it wasn't for racisme.

Harlem
  • Harlem

The Renegades

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 April 2005 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE (RainingAcid @ Apr 9 2005, 19:45)

I doubt childern will get beat up. That's just racism in a way. Gays/Lesbians are people just like us. As for what you said earier, people choose to be gay or not. Myabe lesbian doesn't like the way the male penis looks like. Myabe gay men doesn't like boobs or pussys. Some other are born with it. It's called Gender Confusion. It's when the fetus's body devlope to be oh..let's say female. That's the normal. However, the brain may devlope in a way to act as if it was a girls.

Or maybe a girl is just attracted to girls more and a guy is just attracted to other guys more.

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

yer ma's got athlete's foot!

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 09 April 2005 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (Harlem @ Apr 9 2005, 19:29)
Ever heard of Sex Ed? It isn't completely necessary for the parent to go step by step how have intercourse. Sexual Education in school teaches kids about protection, pregnancy, diseases, etc. It's not like gay and lesbian couples don't know about that. sigh.gif

(21:51:24) Cerbera/Ben: http://www.gtaforums...dpost&p=2743655 - could you report this post as being homophobic?

Wise the hell up Cerbera, there's nothing homophobic about that post in the slightest.

HoodyG
  • HoodyG

Don't do drugs.

• Members

Posted 09 April 2005 - 09:44 PM

I love it when someone asks for my opinion and then insults me for stating facts. I know the tv world makes it look like there is no such thing as homophobia, but most of the time queer kids or those with wussy names get beat up sh*tles. And I doubt it's much different in your country. Maybe in Dutchland.

Harlem
  • Harlem

The Renegades

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 April 2005 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE (EmSixTeen @ Apr 9 2005, 20:23)

(21:51:24) Cerbera/Ben: http://www.gtaforums...dpost&p=2743655 - could you report this post as being homophobic?

Wise the hell up Cerbera, there's nothing homophobic about that post in the slightest.

Thank you, I'm not homophobic Cerbera.

@ HoodyG: Maybe if you presented your opinion in a more mature way, you wouldn't get "insulted" even though I didn't see anyone insult you. Using the word "fag" in a Gay/Lesbian topic just isn't acceptable.

AllDoItTheSame
  • AllDoItTheSame

Marching Ant

• Members

Posted 11 April 2005 - 04:17 AM

hoodyg is just a dipsh*t with a dumbass, closeminded opinion on everything

oh, so if people are homosexuals they're dumb? And they dont give kids weird names. My brother knew a guy that was gay and had a son. You know what his name was? Tim. wise the f*ck up dumbass

Chalkstar
  • Chalkstar

QvsQ lab monkey

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 April 2005 - 06:22 AM

Just looking at the first post, I just want to make one point clear. I beleive that the anonymous thing should be up to the donor to decide. If he wishes not to ever meet with his result from his donation, shall we put it, then he should have that right. But if he wishes to some day meet up with them, then give the sperm bank the details and keep track of him, so if the child wishes, they can some day meet.

As for the whole lesbians being parents. I think they should have the right to, but they should know that they have to be prepared. After all, if they are just as fit to be parent's, shouldn't they sexual preference be disregarded?

HoodyG
  • HoodyG

Don't do drugs.

• Members

Posted 11 April 2005 - 11:04 AM Edited by HoodyG, 11 April 2005 - 11:08 AM.

QUOTE (AllDoItTheSame @ Apr 11 2005, 04:17)

oh, so if people are homosexuals they're dumb?  And they dont give kids weird names.  My brother knew a guy that was gay and had a son.  You know what his name was? Tim.  wise the f*ck up dumbass

Oh, so I am a "dumbass" for having an opinion? Isn't that what Svip asked for? Not, "What do you think is the most right thing to do to please both sides?".
I also never insulted homosexuals, and I especially didn't say they are "dumb". You made that up.
Maybe you knew someone who knew someone who had gay parents, but who's name was acceptable. Well as gay people don't have children, has it occured to you that he was adopted with such name? Well there are exceptions. For instance, there was this kid called Maryann who's parents were gay as I heard and everyone used to beat him within an inch of his life. I also said they would "probably" name them that, not definitely, so I wasn't stereotypical, or as you put it "close minded".
Also, how is it you say I have a "closeminded opinion on everything", when you clearly share such a quality in both this, the dead newborn, and marijuana legality threads?

Wise the f*ck up yourself.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2005 - 07:52 PM Edited by Cerbera, 12 April 2005 - 01:46 PM.

QUOTE (EmSixTeen @ Apr 9 2005, 21:23)
QUOTE (MSN Conversation between Cerbera and )
I don't understand why you quoted that post from Harlem when the link points to a completely different post. The link should only have one question mark:
http://www.gtaforums...0

QUOTE (HoodyG @ Apr 9 2005, 20:34)
That is the post it leads to. Harlem's post is quite sensible, imho.

My question about whether that could be reported as homophobia is because the message is saying that people who choose relationships with the same gender do stupid things, like pick weird names for their children. Because it sets a tone of derision, it is not clear whether HoodyG is supporting the beating up of children from homosexual relationships or not. Because he is describes males in homosexual relationships as being "fags" it seemed quite reasonable to suggest his post was homophobic.

Back on-topic, homosexual families are allowed to adopt children here in the UK and I am pretty sure it is also allowed in the USA.

(EDIT) Fixed some typos.

Tom Hagan
  • Tom Hagan

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 11 April 2005 - 08:00 PM

I think they should be able to do what ever they want. But they shouldnt raise the child to be gay or lesbian, the child should be ables to make up his or her own mind.

HoodyG
  • HoodyG

Don't do drugs.

• Members

Posted 11 April 2005 - 08:27 PM

Cerebra, I am not suggesting homosexuals do stupid things. If you state I classify a stereotypical homosexual as giving children "stupid" names, you are wrong, as I used the term "probably", and I referred to it as "names like", instead of "stupid", or "weird", which you and alldoitthesame suggested I did. I have been lead to believe so as I have personally known a homosexual child who's parents were like that (not stupid, homosexual). Then saying I endorse violence against homosexuals, just because I remember most kids used to beat him up, is not your privilege. As I do not. What I was stating were facts. There might be contradicting facts in other cases, but as I am not aware of such I have based my opinion on what I know as was requested of me to post.
Then calling me homophobic due to the fact I addressed to homosexual people by the word "fags". Isn't that another word for homos anyway? As I know again from my own experience, other children used to, and many people I know today refer to and talk about hs people using term "fags".
For instance, let's assume you're not homosexual in this example, I couldn't call you a "fag" if I wanted to insult you, as you are not what defines the word "fag", being a homosexual person.

Now that I've made my point and gave my opinion, can we (you) please move on with the topic and continue giving your own, regardless of whether you consider mine to be wrong?

Harlem
  • Harlem

The Renegades

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 April 2005 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (Cerbera @ Apr 11 2005, 19:52)
Back on-topic, homosexual families are allowed to adopt children here in the UK and I am pretty sure it is also allowed in the USA.

They are.

@ HoodyG: Fags is NOT the word for people who are gay. "Homo" is also another disrespectful term used for them. If you look it up in the dictionary it will either say "a pile of sticks" or this:

fag
n. Offensive Slang

Used as a disparaging term for a homosexual man.

Yeah.

just because I remember most kids used to beat him up, is not your privilege. As I do not. What I was stating were facts.

Where do you get your so-called facts from? The guys locker room for gods sake? dozingoff.gif

Tongue of Colicab
  • Tongue of Colicab

629>1506

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (HoodyG @ Apr 11 2005, 06:04)
QUOTE (AllDoItTheSame @ Apr 11 2005, 04:17)

oh, so if people are homosexuals they're dumb?  And they dont give kids weird names.  My brother knew a guy that was gay and had a son.  You know what his name was? Tim.  wise the f*ck up dumbass

Oh, so I am a "dumbass" for having an opinion?

No one called you a dumbass for having an opinion, its the content of your 'opinion.' You obviously don't have any facts to support your 'opinion,' you throw around stereotypes like a baseball, and you use offensive words. You should be banned.

on topic: Why not let them? They are no different. Like someone said before, if they are fit for the job, why not?

Harlem
  • Harlem

The Renegades

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:13 PM

Exactly. Just because a person thinks that someone will be beat up because their parents are different isn't a valid argument against this topic. Gay and lesbian couples can do exactly what straight couples can do.

HoodyG
  • HoodyG

Don't do drugs.

• Members

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:32 PM

I don't only think that, that would be misleading.
It appears I'm the only one posting here who doesn't think homosexuals should have children, and even though I give reasons I personally don't think what I think, I should be banned?
Many of you only say "homosexuals should be allowed to raise children", without giving any argument whatsoever. This is "Debates and Discussion" people, not one sided one sentence post talk.

BrassKnuckles
  • BrassKnuckles

Iconic

• The Precinct

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:41 PM

I'm sorry HoodyG, but your argument just doesn't hold water. It's not "fact" at all. Gay and lesbian couples may, in some cases, name their children "Maryann" or "Buttersworth," but straight couples come up with some moronic stuff themselves. I know a girl whose parents are straight and named her "Gertie." On the other hand, I know a lesbian couple whose adopted son is named "Manny." Pretty normal, right? Isolated cases should never be the justification for laws applied to everyone. That's basic.

btw 'fag' and 'homo' are NOT acceptable terms for homosexuals. You can't pass that off.

HoodyG
  • HoodyG

Don't do drugs.

• Members

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:48 PM

Right. Well I didn't say it was like that in all cases, only in my experiences. I didn't offer much facts. I was too quick to pass judgment.

I still stick by my opinion though. As I do not think homosexuals raising our children is the right way to go. That's just my opinion. And literally "just" seeing as everyone here thinks I'm wrong to think that.

Harlem
  • Harlem

The Renegades

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:50 PM

Why do people have to give reasons why it should be acceptable for gay couples to raise children? The only difference between a gay couple and a straight couple is orientation, not the ability to care and love for a child.

HoodyG
  • HoodyG

Don't do drugs.

• Members

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE (Harlem @ Apr 11 2005, 22:50)
Why do people have to give reasons why it should be acceptable for gay couples to raise children? The only difference between a gay couple and a straight couple is orientation, not the ability to care and love for a child.

Come on, now you're being narrow minded. When were you raised by a gay couple? I'm just guessing you weren't. Some particular children might be ashamed that their dad and "mom" stick each other's penises in their butts.
Again, no offence intended to homosexuals. But if you Harlem don't have a reeason to give as to why homosexuals should have children, I don't need one either when I say that's not right what they do.

Harlem
  • Harlem

The Renegades

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 April 2005 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE (HoodyG @ Apr 11 2005, 22:54)
QUOTE (Harlem @ Apr 11 2005, 22:50)

Come on, now you're being narrow minded. When were you raised by a gay couple? I'm just guessing you weren't. Some particular children might be ashamed that their dad and "mom" stick each other's penises in their butts.
Again, no offence intended to homosexuals. But if you Harlem don't have a reeason to give as to why homosexuals should have children, I don't need one either when I say that's not right what they do.

I'm narrow minded? You're the one calling people who a slightly different from you "homos" and "fags." Do you have a legitimate reason why straight couples are any better at raising children than gay couples? Incase you're sheltered (while I'm guessing you are), straight couples have anal sex as well.

Eviscero
  • Eviscero

Upright and Locked Position

• Members

Posted 12 April 2005 - 12:02 AM

Judging from Svip, I'd say no Danes should be allowed to have children.

:-X

Anyways, I've got no problems with gay folks getting married and such, as that's nobody's business but theirs, but when we're talking about the welfare of another life I'd have to disagree that it's no big deal. Throughout the history of our planet, reproduction amongst mammals has been done in the natural sexual orientation and that meant also that there has been no "altered state" if you will, of raising children. What people are proposing now could have serious negative effects on the development of a child. It's not a risk I'd want any child to be forced to take.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users