Fear & Respect

48 replies to this topic
Harlem
  • Harlem

The Renegades

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 April 2005 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (Thorpe @ Apr 10 2005, 20:51)
Yeah, I will be most likely to do that. In my local store if you rent a game and decide to buy it from that store you get your rental money refunded.

That's a really good idea but I've never seen a store where they both sell and rent out games. The only time I've ever seen a rental store sell games is back when Block Buster sold a bunch of SNES, Sega Genesis, etc. games since they were out dated.

Tril
  • Tril

MeBeUGod

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 April 2005 - 11:28 PM

I heard its a cross between San Andreas and True Crime...
Also heard it was a Free Roam game,where did you hear it wasnt?
Anyways cant wait for this to come out!I'm gonna buy this
and if it sux i'll just earn me 50-60$...

$disturbed$
  • $disturbed$

Crazy mofo

• Members

Posted 11 April 2005 - 02:51 AM

Theres a game called "To Live and Die in LA"? What, what a ripp off of Tupac tounge2.gif

PS: What's with this swarm of "Gangsta" games?

gtaman2
  • gtaman2

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 April 2005 - 03:16 AM

QUOTE (Tril @ Apr 10 2005, 23:28)
I heard its a cross between San Andreas and True Crime...
Also heard it was a Free Roam game,where did you hear it wasnt?
Anyways cant wait for this to come out!I'm gonna buy this
and if it sux i'll just earn me 50-60$...

Wait true crime sucks. If its anything like true crime then im not getting it. Well maby if its alittle like it.

GTA's Rocky
  • GTA's Rocky

Asian dude...

• Members

Posted 11 April 2005 - 06:24 AM

Ok I gotta ask something pretty danger.....

I know the enviroment in TC sucks, but other than that, I found it is not that bad, like those fighting moves(got annoying pretty fast), the story is ok, it got some funny scene, like the one the master said:"The place where bird fly and land..." and Nick said:"What!?", then the master shouted:"Is the airport you idiot!!!"

so.....

GTA's Rocky hide himself...

Reactor.
  • Reactor.

• Members

Posted 11 April 2005 - 07:23 AM

QUOTE (d8cam19 @ Apr 10 2005, 09:08)
The odds of it being more entertaining than GTA are very low.

Mafia was similar to GTA, and it was more enjoyable in its own ways. People have to look at these kinds of games as independents, otherwise their views on it will be influenced by the comparisons they constantly draw between them and Grand Theft Auto.

SloStenRacing
  • SloStenRacing

Crawlin' S-10

• Members

Posted 11 April 2005 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE ($disturbed$ @ Apr 10 2005, 21:51)
Theres a game called "To Live and Die in LA"? What, what a ripp off of Tupac tounge2.gif

PS: What's with this swarm of "Gangsta" games?

Except that Tu died in Las Vegas.

Bizzare
  • Bizzare

Men dont follow titles, they follow courage.

• Members

Posted 11 April 2005 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (SloStenRacing @ Apr 11 2005, 13:55)
QUOTE ($disturbed$ @ Apr 10 2005, 21:51)
Theres a game called "To Live and Die in LA"?  What, what a ripp off of Tupac  tounge2.gif

PS:  What's with this swarm of "Gangsta" games?

Except that Tu died in Las Vegas.

He made a song on the Makaveli 7 day theory album titled 'to live and die in la'

Tom Hagan
  • Tom Hagan

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 11 April 2005 - 07:18 PM

That game looks pretty good, the graphics are nice... But in my opinion I think there are too many "gangsta" games coming out. For example :
25 To Life
Fear & Respect
Bulletproof
and some other's I cant remember...

Thorpe
  • Thorpe

Luke

• Members

Posted 11 April 2005 - 08:12 PM

I am getting 25 to Life. I am glad there are gangster games coming out.

imheretostay
  • imheretostay

non-existant

• Members

Posted 11 April 2005 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE (Thorpe @ Apr 11 2005, 21:12)
I am getting 25 to Life. I am glad there are gangster games coming out.

Ill probably be getting F&R and 25TL

I think bulletproof will be sh*tty, looks to hyped.

Tom Hagan
  • Tom Hagan

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 11 April 2005 - 09:08 PM

You have to admit the graphics look great.

Tril
  • Tril

MeBeUGod

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 April 2005 - 11:15 PM

The reason why gangster games are coming out is because they
are the new wave...
I found TC to be crappy...So if it's to much like TC than I probably
won't play it that much...

@GTA's Rocky:
Good story!?!What are you talking about!?!
THEIR WERE ZOMBIES IN THE SEWERS!!!

GTA's Rocky
  • GTA's Rocky

Asian dude...

• Members

Posted 12 April 2005 - 07:08 AM

What zombies? I don't know there were zombies in TC... tounge2.gif
sorry I mean it got some funny scenes like the one I posted, but really, I think the story is just ok...

anyway it is just my opinon...

back to topic, 25 to life and F&R are on my list already, about bulletproof....hmm..

Victim
  • Victim

Player Hater

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 20 April 2005 - 10:43 PM

That doesn't even look like Snoop Dogg! Def Jam: Fight For NY's Snoop Dogg look more like him, and their graphics were WAY better!

Ciabatta
  • Ciabatta

Rude Boy

• Members

Posted 21 April 2005 - 01:12 AM

Victim, you have to remember that this game is coming out in the last quarter of 2005, so it is still in production.

This game looks somewhat promising. I watched the interview with Scott Lane, one of the guys on board with the development. I was very interested in it. Check it out at IGN.com

I wouldn't really mind if the game was a mix between SA and TC. I bought TC and their a minor imperfections. One, the buildings and landscapes repeat themselves throughout the city (Fear & Respect will only be focused on South Central). Two, the storyline got seriously f*cked up somewhere near the end with that Ancient Wu guy. Three, like someone said earlier, the fighting moves got boring after awhile other than that it was okay.

Thorpe
  • Thorpe

Luke

• Members

Posted 02 May 2005 - 11:54 AM Edited by Thorpe, 02 May 2005 - 11:57 AM.

Some news for Fear & Respect which was published on the 30th of April...

QUOTE (Bryan Lazarony @ XGP Gaming)
Midway is a leader in making controversial video games and putting them into the market. I, for one, have enjoyed every game that has been released from them since mid-2003, with the debut of The Suffering. They’ve grown to be one of my personal favorite publishers out there. In the coming weeks, we have both Area 51 and Unreal Championship 2 to look forward to from them, but they aren’t stopping there. With collaboration of Director John Singleton and the much popular rapper/actor Snoop Dogg, comes Fear & Respect, a game that plans to take gang warfare to the next level.

From the early builds, from the look of the game, one would easily think of this game as a Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas rip off. Well, some are right because both games have one thing in common; GTA: SA had the feel of the movie Boyz N the Hood, while <em>Fear & Respect</em> has the director of the same movie writing the dialogue and storyline of the game. Other than that, the similarities are pretty ignorable; such as the California-theme and the main character being black. Which brings me to an interesting point: for those who have played True Crime: Streets of LA and have unlocked the special bonus, the main character of Fear & Respect will look quite familiar. Nope, it’s not Nick Kang; it’s the one and only Snoop Doggy Dog. Snoop will not portray himself in this game; he will instead play the role of 22 year old Goldie. Snoop’s likeness, however, will be implemented onto Goldie.

The game is set out to be a third-person criminal adventure. It is not known at this time how linear the missions are going to be, but the game will take on a certain free-roaming element. We do know that you can explore the city completely; we just hope that the missions won’t take on a linear aspect. However, we doubt anything of that sort will occur, considering the popularity of free roaming games. It is unfortunate to report at this time that Midway has been quite mum about this upcoming game. We imagine we’ll hear and see much more at E3 this May, but what we do know is that the game will re-create the South Central Los Angeles setting. In fact, some of the real businesses in the location will be included in the game – such as the LA Twin Towers. So, if you live or have been in this area in reality, look for it in the game at the exact same location.

The storyline, as far as we can tell, will show that Goldie is an ex-con just looking to be part of society again. He was put away for an undisclosed amount of time and starts fresh. However, we do not know if he wants to continue what he did before prison, or if he wants a brand new start in his life. We shall find out, as time progresses, what exactly Goldie wants to do. In general, the story is that South Central LA is going through a rough summer, and a pile-load of gangs are on the streets ‘making a name’ for themselves. The game is all about your reputation; you decide who should be your allies and who shall be your enemies. It’s all on you; you make the decisions and there doesn’t seem to be a wrong answer.

All I can say is that you shouldn’t be expecting a GTA San Andreas clone here, and I mean that in a good way.
Fear & Respect will use a unique reputation system entitled, R-E-S-P-E-C-T. It will be based on your interaction with the society you are placed in. You can gain/lose respect with the way you treat other gangs, your own gang, how you use weapons, what you decide to do in the game and the most important factor, your appearance. You can’t be walking out into the streets of LA wearing a pimp suit without being attacked, can you? I think not; so choose your look wisely. Going further into the weapons - every weapon you will see in the game will be based on its real-life counterpart - exactly. Are you a fan of your 12 gauge shotgun? Look for it in the game; you can possibly take on your skills from real life and somehow carry them over to the game.

I wish I could reveal more about this game, but I am awaiting new information just as much as you are. All I can say is that you shouldn’t be expecting a GTA San Andreas clone here, and I mean that in a good way. The game will take on a different storyline and, in all fairness, has no similarity to the GTA franchise except that both games are based on the same feel of the same movie. John Singleton is one heck of a clever man, and I won’t be surprised at all if such a simple concept of gang wars will be turned into one heck of a story. While I am not a fan of Snoop Dogg’s music, he’s been a popular in the video game industry. I, as many other people, am looking forward to playing as his character of Goldie in the game. As a special treat for all you XGP members out there, we have included the official trailer for the game below. We hope you keep an eye out for Fear & Respect, and show it some love when it comes out sometime this fall for the PS2 and Xbox. No online information has been revealed but we hope to learn much more at the upcoming E3 even. XGP will be there.

SOURCE

Well, I thought wrong - this ISN'T going to be a GTA: San Andreas clone. bored.gif

MindCorrupt
  • MindCorrupt

iCorrupt

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 02 May 2005 - 12:39 PM

Sounds quite good, I wasnt really expecting an SA clone in the first place. The GTA series takes on its own style that isnt really easy to replicate without being blatently obvious. This looks good, I hope the release copy is as good as they say its gonna be in the articles.

imheretostay
  • imheretostay

non-existant

• Members

Posted 02 May 2005 - 06:07 PM

I hate it when people see games like this and say "OMGZ GTA CLONER!!!!11". The more games for us, the more fun, no?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users