• Members

Posted 11 April 2005 - 06:54 PM

Maybe try pg. 99 or majority rule.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia

Posted 11 April 2005 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE (gannonroader @ Apr 11 2005, 13:42)
QUOTE (Uno Carb @ Apr 8 2005, 22:13)
QUOTE (Moonshield @ Apr 8 2005, 15:22)
QUOTE (gannonroader @ Apr 8 2005, 13:39)
I'm not scared to like somethin cause they wear a bit of makeup, or sing about love.  If it's a good song, it's a good song.  Listen with your ears, and not with your eyes.

<!--SF--><!--SF--> But the Cure is too gay for you?

Y'know, actually, I went through a period of when I listened to The Cure every now and then. I guess it is good to be gay sometimes, don't you agree?
<!--EF--><!--EF-->

Listen, just cause you don't find them gay, that's fine, I'm not saying anything against you, just like you probably think my chemical romance is gay. I don't care, and you shouldn't either. Everyone bite your lip, and give 3 cheers for freedom of speech.

No, I don't find MCR gay, they just aren't good music. Get over yourself.

electra
  • electra

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 April 2005 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (Moonshield @ Apr 11 2005, 19:27)
Get over yourself.

this coming from YOU?

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

yer ma's got athlete's foot!

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 11 April 2005 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE (gannonroader @ Apr 11 2005, 18:42)
Everyone bite your lip, and give 3 cheers for freedom of speech.

That made me laugh.

Out loud.

A lot.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia

Posted 11 April 2005 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (electra @ Apr 11 2005, 14:40)
QUOTE (Moonshield @ Apr 11 2005, 19:27)
Get over yourself.

this coming from YOU?

Excuse me?

electra
  • electra

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 April 2005 - 09:14 PM

cmon, moon, dont put yourself on a pedestal any higher than you already do

everyone knows your the music nazi round these parts. perhaps you should get over YOURSELF and be a bit more open minded towards other peoples' tastes, eh?

it's not all metal metal metal, you know?

Forty
  • Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 11 April 2005 - 09:37 PM

Being open to others' tastes means that you are giving them the benefit, and assuming that their overwhelming desire to share means that they actually enjoy good music. When that proves not to be the case, people get angry.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia

Posted 11 April 2005 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE (electra @ Apr 11 2005, 16:14)
cmon, moon, dont put yourself on a pedestal any higher than you already do

everyone knows your the music nazi round these parts. perhaps you should get over YOURSELF and be a bit more open minded towards other peoples' tastes, eh?

it's not all metal metal metal, you know?

Wow. You know what they say about assumptions son? How dare you call me close-minded. Just because I'm picky about my music and know what I like doesn't constitute to close-mindedness. I'm sorry if you think that just by browsing a few topics and reading what I have to say means you know my entire musical taste, but it certainly doesn't. I just don't like sh*tty music, and if you can't get that into your half-retarded brain, don't blame me.

Forty
  • Forty

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 11 April 2005 - 09:42 PM

Moon listens to plenty that isn't metal, but it's all the hardcore Slipknot-a-holics on here and people listening to cheap, cliched hardcore music or sappy pissant emo that drives him and others up the walls. The genres themselves are not the problem, it's people's devotion to piss poor bands that promote embarassing standards of music.

electra
  • electra

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 April 2005 - 09:48 PM

aye, i can see why people are pissed at today's standard of music, but there's not really a need to completely have a go at someone because of their taste in music. i mean, some people around here seem to treat people as inferior to them because of their musical tastes. and that's uncalled for.

for example, if i were to say my friends and family had sh*te taste in music, i'd be wrong. they have DIFFERENT taste in music. i personally consider some of their favs bad, but i dont shout in their faces that their music is crap and they should listen to *insert artist* or they suck. i respect that that's what they're into, maybe make a recommendation, end of story.

doesn't need to go any further.

Forty
  • Forty

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 11 April 2005 - 09:54 PM

Yeah, but where's the fun in that? tounge.gif

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:06 PM

Music is special to me, and when I find a band that completely bastardizes my concepts of music, and try to pass themselves off as a good band that makes good music, I get annoyed. And when f*cksticks like the thread maker tries to call themselves music gurus, but turn around and listen to some shallow post-hardcore bullsh*t, I get really pissed, and when I do, people know it. So go ahead and listen to your sh*tty music, just don't go flaunting your tastes around me.

Forty
  • Forty

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:15 PM

40ozFreak listens to Yanni and flaunts shamelessly

electra
  • electra

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:15 PM

lol forty, might be all fine and dandy if youre just messing around..

im in no way shape or form endorsing this music in this thread. and if you must know, i do think its sh*te. but it's just not necessary for me to come in here and say that. i don't like the music, i ignore the posts. im not gonna come in here and put people down for the hell of it.

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

yer ma's got athlete's foot!

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:41 PM

People who say 'ignore what you don't like' piss the f*ck out of me. Why would you do that, eh? What good would it do? How are you going to comment and sort it out if you ignore it?

Oreo > You.

(That's the short version of the post).

jimmy.
  • jimmy.

?

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 11 April 2005 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE (gannonroader @ Apr 7 2005, 22:44)
haha, well the misfits is obvious, and the cure are a little too on the gay side for me.  I'll try the other one tho.  Keep em coming, i'm hopin to find a gold mine.

How do you find the The Cure to be "gay"? Maybe you're not listening to the right albums. Some are pop-ish and light (maybe that's what you mean), but a lot of their stuff is dark. I would recommend listening to the album Disintegration if you haven't already. It's one of my favorite albums. It's dark. I wouldn't really call it punk, but the Cure started out playing punk, so maybe that counts.

gannonroader
  • gannonroader

I'm the guy that sings Aicha.

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 April 2005 - 08:54 PM Edited by gannonroader, 21 April 2005 - 08:59 PM.

QUOTE (Moonshield @ Apr 11 2005, 22:06)
Music is special to me, and when I find a band that completely bastardizes my concepts of music, and try to pass themselves off as a good band that makes good music, I get annoyed. And when f*cksticks like the thread maker tries to call themselves music gurus, but turn around and listen to some shallow post-hardcore bullsh*t, I get really pissed, and when I do, people know it. So go ahead and listen to your sh*tty music, just don't go flaunting your tastes around me.

You have to be the biggest clown I've ever seen in my life. Listen, don't you realise theres people out there that think the same thing about you as you do about me? And who's to say which is right. What you find good, other people might not, that's what makes the world great. For gods sakes, if you knew anything about music, you'd know theres alot more to it then flashin around solos and all that sh*t. Personally, I think the strokes are one of the best bands in years and years. There music is simple, and slow, but it's soo damn catchy and great, and that's what makes a good musician, the ability to make good songs. Now you might not think the same, I really don't care to tell you the truth, all your doing is making yourself look like a tool, so keep it up, your giving us all a laugh.

AND

As for the cure, I just never heard anything by them that I liked. It's no big deal! I'll keep looking into it for sure, but so far, I really didn't like anything I heard, simple as that. And that may change. For the last like year and a half, I've tried getting into the used, and I just couldn't. Like 2 weeks ago, I got both of there cds, and actually sat and listened, and I'm lovin it. My mind changes just depending on the mood i'm in. I'll keep checkin it out tho.

ToyMachine
  • ToyMachine

Scum.

• Members

Posted 21 April 2005 - 10:48 PM

I have no idea why this topic isn't closed yet.

Oh yeah, I salute your awesome music taste gannonroader.

street cheetah
  • street cheetah

When

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 April 2005 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE (ToyMachine @ Apr 8 2005, 18:29)
QUOTE (Moonshield @ Apr 8 2005, 14:15)
QUOTE (EmSixTeen @ Apr 7 2005, 18:11)
QUOTE (gannonroader @ Apr 7 2005, 22:44)
haha, well the misfits is obvious, and the cure are a little too on the gay side for me.  I'll try the other one tho.  Keep em coming, i'm hopin to find a gold mine.

The Cure are on the 'gay' side but My Chemical Romance aren't? Jesus, learn music. And to say those groups are 'dark'? I died a bit inside when I read that.

Regardless, Gray Matter own.

I agree fully with this statement.

Holy f*ck boys, I could dance musical circles around both of you put together, and that's a promise.

@Toy: Emo/Screamo? Ughhh don't get me started, please.

I know what you mean. I read that essay you said your friend wrote about emo. It has a lot of information in it about real emo.

But what would you call music like Taking Back Sunday, MCR or Fallout Boy other than crap? Everyone seems to call it emo nowdays.

Ugh...I hate the term emo. Calling emo a genre is ridiculous. Any music that a person is passionate about has emotion in it. It doesn't matter if it's punk, metal, rap, or anything. But yeh, they call it that.

Anyway, I just got some of The Misfits albums.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users