» «
Photo

matrix mod

73 replies to this topic
doodem
  • doodem

josh

• Members

Posted 05 April 2005 - 08:23 PM Edited by doodem, 11 April 2005 - 05:19 PM.

matrix mod

weve been working on this for about a week now and i think its about time
i posted some screens and info

features:

>completely new map

>new guns

>matrix effects and abilities (slow motion,bullet trails etc)

>new missions (will be done if anyone offers)

>all the matrix locations such as:

zion

the big hallway

freeway

chinatown

place where neo fights all the agent smiths

and the security buiding where morpheous is held captive

maybe more but they are the definate ones

map screens:
user posted image
this is the start of the map it will have lots of tall buildings

user posted image
the matrix hallway (needs texturing)

weapon screens:
user posted image
desert eagle

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the team

mapper:doodem

modeler:vacant

missions and matrix abilities: knife , cmc jacob

texturer:vacant

weapons:grim , casey

vehicles:vacant

we are still looking for modelers and texturers so if you are interested please
pm me or add me to msn

[email protected]

more updates soon!!!!

cool.gif inlove.gif suicidal.gif

GRIM!
  • GRIM!

Blue prints is for pussys!

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 April 2005 - 09:51 PM

Ill make the costom mp5k that morpheous have tomorow ive been busy with the mad max shotgun for SA road warriors mod...

Casey_
  • Casey_

womp...womp...womp

• Members

Posted 06 April 2005 - 06:27 AM

oyy dude if u want i can make the musashi katana morpheus uses to fight the agents on top of the truck on the freeway.

GRIM!
  • GRIM!

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 April 2005 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE (Casey_ @ Apr 6 2005, 06:27)
oyy dude if u want i can make the musashi katana morpheus uses to fight the agents on top of the truck on the freeway.

screen plz!

the morpheus mp5k is done
user posted image

vALKYR
  • vALKYR

The Object of Affection.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 06 April 2005 - 04:29 PM

I don't often post in the editing discussion but I do watch at quite a few topics and I have to say; this looks quite intresting. So, feel special that I posted tounge.gif

Hope to see some progress smile.gif

doodem
  • doodem

josh

• Members

Posted 06 April 2005 - 07:56 PM

thanks for the great response and casey a katana model would be very much appreciated thanks
the map is coming on nicely a few more buildings have been placed we are still looking for
modelers and texturers so if you are interested please pm me or email more screens soon.

MyMothersMySister
  • MyMothersMySister

Uncle Dysfunktional

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 06 April 2005 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE (vALKYRô @ Apr 6 2005, 16:29)
I don't often post in the editing discussion but I do watch at quite a few topics and I have to say; this looks quite intresting. So, feel special that I posted tounge.gif

Same for me. I like to watch from afar but this one I had to say i was keen to see unfold.

Good luck and I too will be watching with a keen eye. smile.gif

GRIM!
  • GRIM!

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 April 2005 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE (MyMothersMySister @ Apr 6 2005, 20:01)
QUOTE (vALKYRô @ Apr 6 2005, 16:29)

Same for me. I like to watch from afar but this one I had to say i was keen to see unfold.

Good luck and I too will be watching with a keen eye. smile.gif

ohh thank you! did u give ous the thre stars??

btw ill be making the glock 17 auto with long magazine soon!

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 06 April 2005 - 08:39 PM

i hate to nitpick but the MP5 has the wrong scope. tounge.gif it's supposed to have an aimpoint.

Luke
  • Luke

suckmyrocket

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 06 April 2005 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE (jallar @ Apr 6 2005, 20:39)
i hate to nitpick but the MP5 has the wrong scope. tounge.gif it's supposed to have an aimpoint.

He only knows that because people point guns at him all the time, or he's a bank robber. tounge.gif

Looks pretty impressive what you have so far, hope you can keep it up though, at least there's some planning gone into this, it's an achievement in itself over many other mods.

doodem
  • doodem

josh

• Members

Posted 06 April 2005 - 08:49 PM

thanks smithers we really have got a great response so far,no progress on the map yet ill get some more pics
tomorrow

jacob.
  • jacob.

Homie

• Members

Posted 07 April 2005 - 12:00 AM

If you don't mind, I'd like to help with the Matrix Abillities section of this mod, such as bullet time, running up walls, flying, and all those other nifty features.

And maybe even some player models? You have any of Neo/Smith? I extracted a Smith model from EnterTheMatrix:PC and converted it to VC but sadly it had some facial issues due to my poor character-boning skill. whatsthat.gif

I won't be active 24/7 as I am involved in quite a few other projects, but this may be of a slightly higher priority, as The Matrix series is unquestionably the most advanced special-fx movie made yet, and mixing this with vc will prove to be a challenge and a fun experience at the same time. sly.gif

GRIM!
  • GRIM!

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 April 2005 - 05:46 AM

QUOTE (!cMc! Jacob @ Apr 7 2005, 00:00)
If you don't mind, I'd like to help with the Matrix Abillities section of this mod, such as bullet time, running up walls, flying, and all those other nifty features.

And maybe even some player models? You have any of Neo/Smith? I extracted a Smith model from EnterTheMatrix:PC and converted it to VC but sadly it had some facial issues due to my poor character-boning skill. whatsthat.gif

I won't be active 24/7 as I am involved in quite a few other projects, but this may be of a slightly higher priority, as The Matrix series is unquestionably the most advanced special-fx movie made yet, and mixing this with vc will prove to be a challenge and a fun experience at the same time. sly.gif

i think we could use smithers and morpheus

to jallar: yeah i know but maybe if youre such a smart as you can show me a better pic on his scope?

Casey_
  • Casey_

womp...womp...womp

• Members

Posted 07 April 2005 - 06:10 AM

ill get started on the katana tomorow, what do u want a mid , high or low poly model?

doodem
  • doodem

josh

• Members

Posted 07 April 2005 - 07:57 AM

yeah cmcjacob we would love your help can you do mission coding???
talk to me on msn

[email protected]

casey: i dont really mind whatever suits you best wink.gif

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 07 April 2005 - 10:16 AM Edited by jallar, 07 April 2005 - 01:58 PM.

morpheus mp5 1

morpheus mp5 2

morpheus mp5 3

morpheus mp5 4

you can see that it's this:

aimpoint

aimpoint

edit: they should work now. the last pictures are bad for reference, yes, but they're there to prove that it's the same scope. nothing else. tounge.gif

and it IS an MP5. a variation of the MP5 series.

GRIM!
  • GRIM!

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 April 2005 - 01:42 PM Edited by GRIM!, 07 April 2005 - 05:43 PM.

first of all its not a mp5 its a mp5k with no handle in the front

and secound of all the pics doesent work third the two last image was bad angle...

Silent Viper
  • Silent Viper

Gunbanging Gundealer

• Members

Posted 07 April 2005 - 02:00 PM

an MP5k is basically an MP5 with shorter barrel and no foregrip/forearm and some modifications to the hammer in order to achieve 150 more rounds per minute wink.gif

So you can actually call it MP5 though the scopelike aimpoint is kinda useless,a laserpointer would have done better and would be clearly visible on the effective range of this sawn off MP5k,I'd say,even if it wasnt like this in the movie,make it a reflex-sight,so nothing that is capable of zooming,just a REAL aimpoint,much easier to aim with tounge.gif

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 07 April 2005 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE (Silent Viper @ Apr 7 2005, 15:00)
So you can actually call it MP5 though the scopelike aimpoint is kinda useless,a laserpointer would have done better and would be clearly visible on the effective range of this sawn off MP5k,I'd say,even if it wasnt like this in the movie,make it a reflex-sight,so nothing that is capable of zooming,just a REAL aimpoint,much easier to aim with tounge.gif

yes, err, the aimpoint in the movie is a red-dot reflex scope. it doesn't zoom. was that your point? blink.gif

GRIM!
  • GRIM!

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 April 2005 - 02:27 PM Edited by GRIM!, 07 April 2005 - 05:43 PM.

mine is a red dot aim point to tounge.gif i thougt u ment tha some shapings was wrong

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 07 April 2005 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE (GRIM! @ Apr 7 2005, 15:27)
QUOTE (jallar @ Apr 7 2005, 14:05)

yes, err, the aimpoint in the movie is a red-dot reflex scope. it doesn't zoom. was that your point? blink.gif

mine is a red dot aim point to tounge.gif i thougt u ment tha some shapings was wrong

yes. yours is a red-dot, but it's not the red-dot from the movie. tounge.gif

GRIM!
  • GRIM!

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 April 2005 - 03:10 PM Edited by GRIM!, 07 April 2005 - 05:44 PM.

]
mine is a red dot aim point to tounge.gif i thougt u ment tha some shapings was wrong [/QUOTE]
yes. yours is a red-dot, but it's not the red-dot from the movie. tounge.gif [/QUOTE]
then show a exakt from the movie then

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 07 April 2005 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE (GRIM! @ Apr 7 2005, 16:10)
QUOTE (jallar @ Apr 7 2005, 14:43)
QUOTE (GRIM! @ Apr 7 2005, 15:27)
QUOTE (jallar @ Apr 7 2005, 14:05)

yes. yours is a red-dot, but it's not the red-dot from the movie. tounge.gif

then show a exakt from the movie then

i just did. i edited my last post.

doodem
  • doodem

josh

• Members

Posted 07 April 2005 - 05:35 PM Edited by doodem, 07 April 2005 - 05:49 PM.

ok try to keep to topic please k

back to the mod its making progress but were losing organisation the map is going well and i should have some screens soon

jacob.
  • jacob.

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 April 2005 - 12:53 AM

Sorry for ignoring you earlier, that wasn't me you was trying to talk to earlier on msn.

To answer your question, yes I know some mission coding. Maybe not full-blown missions but making the character fly simple instructions executed on simple keystrokes, no problem there. For a more flying feel I could make the character play a 'neo flying' wait-state animation while flying, who knows, maybe even able to do flips and stuff in the air tounge.gif But such features require someone who can edit ped.ifp, the file that vice stores its animation data in..
I know how to but have recently lost my copy of 3dsmax and can no longer edit vice's animations. whatsthat.gif

Your matrix room is untextured. If you can rip the movie off a dvd onto your computer, you can screenshot the walls and get real texutres straight from those screens.

I've got a 3 day weekend with no plans so feel free to message me whenever.

Casey_
  • Casey_

womp...womp...womp

• Members

Posted 08 April 2005 - 08:35 AM

well im gnna get to work on the katan now , ill post updates tommorow yo

doodem
  • doodem

josh

• Members

Posted 08 April 2005 - 12:11 PM

okay casey hopefully can put some screens up wen your done k

cmcjacob:sounds like some good ideas ill talk to you on msn and we can see wat we can do and plan it out

GRIM!
  • GRIM!

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 April 2005 - 11:20 PM Edited by GRIM!, 09 April 2005 - 01:39 AM.

the glock17 with long magazine is completed in 24 h...

its seen on matrix part 2 on the highway when morpheus shoots the twins in a car then he takes out the katana!

EDIT: Done! tounge.gif turned out pretty cool if i may say it my self.. (Poly count: 2377)
user posted image

vALKYR
  • vALKYR

The Object of Affection.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 09 April 2005 - 09:07 AM

I told you I was watching tounge.gif

The Glock looks good but I do have something to say about the polycount. When I model sometimes for FPS Shooters like Call of Duty I can permit myself to come up with a high-poly-count weapon. But; Vice City is a 3rd Person Shooter and you don't really see the difference if you would narrow this:

user posted image

down to about 10 polygons per surface. You won't see the difference; unless you go 1st Person Shooter Style.

Not to mention this means the game doesn't have all that to load into the RAM meaning your modification would work better on low-end computers smile.gif

GRIM!
  • GRIM!

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 April 2005 - 09:21 AM

QUOTE (vALKYRô @ Apr 9 2005, 09:07)
I told you I was watching tounge.gif

The Glock looks good but I do have something to say about the polycount. When I model sometimes for FPS Shooters like Call of Duty I can permit myself to come up with a high-poly-count weapon. But; Vice City is a 3rd Person Shooter and you don't really see the difference if you would narrow this:

user posted image

down to about 10 polygons per surface. You won't see the difference; unless you go 1st Person Shooter Style.

Not to mention this means the game doesn't have all that to load into the RAM meaning your modification would work better on low-end computers smile.gif

yeah i know but their ekonmy problems isint ours...
a good pc handels it..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users