GTA: SA on Xbox

44 replies to this topic
[enforcA]
  • [enforcA]

The original one.

• Members

Posted 12 April 2005 - 08:18 PM

i don't wanted to open up a new thread for this, so i'll ask my question here:

in the news on gtasanandreas.net from saturday april 09 stood, that the "official xbox magazine" will have a preview of the xbox version in it in an upcoming issue, so my question is, does anyone know which issue it will be in? the may issue coming out on april 19 or the june issue? please help me if you can, because i am from germany/europe and i can't look or ask someone for myself in american stores

here is the news text i mean:

"The Official Xbox Magazine will be doing a preview of the Xbox version of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas in an upcoming issue, stay tuned for more information on that. Our partner site PlanetGTA recently reported seeing a shortened version of the official trailer airing on TV, advertising the Xbox release. Expect the Xbox version to be a killer game and the next few weeks will be featuring a lot of San Andreas information!"

thanks a lot for your help, best regards from germany

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 13 April 2005 - 02:20 AM

We don't know which issue but it will either be May or June since the game comes out in June lol

_-playero-_
  • _-playero-_

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 April 2005 - 06:55 PM

I've been playing lately VC on the xbox, and I gotta say that VC graphics on the Xbox are WAY WAY WAY better than SA graphics on the ps2. Compared to the Xbox, the PS2 really sucks in graphics and sound.... I reckon PC can be way better than the xbox too, but it will need a hell of a hardware, lots of $$$!!

Well Im expeting the xbox version of SA better than the PC simply because my computer doesnt meet the recommended specs. So I'll get better graphics on the Xbox, and its not THAT difficult to mod anyway....

2FacedJanus
  • 2FacedJanus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 April 2005 - 08:19 AM

monocle.gif Dear Fanboys, monocle.gif

In the highlight your failure to be reasonable, mature or in any way sane I hereby give you facts and opinions to end the disccusion and the system war that's building here. die.gif

The basics: Graphically the PC can overpower the Xbox and the Xbox can overpower the PS2. However do not expect there to be a huge graphical difference between the xbox and pc version, there will be the same high-res textures, realistic mirroring, drawing distance and stuff. Most likely it's resolution and 16xfsaa which will make it look slightly different. alien.gif

The ps2 version looks (by todays graphical standards) like wet sh*t & puke barf8bd.gif . It suffers quite a few glitches such a pop-up and holes in the ground. An easy way to prove both is going to the Las Venturas airport... drive from the south side of the runway to the north side with a fast car with nitro and crash into the fence that appears seconds after you crashed into it. Then grab a plane and start flying quite high but not so high that you can see the ground and fly fast... see the holes appearing. I expect these to be gone since gamestar allready said you can still see the ground at double height compared to ps2 version. This has to do with graphical processing & memory (i think).

The controller issue, it's a preference not a fact drop it.. some (like me) love to play gta with a controller.... others prefer mouse and keyboard... DROP THIS ISSUE ALLREADY. suicidal.gif

Why get the xbox version? (this is for pc gamers)
No installation process, more stable (this is proven, thanks to ms for making windows...), also has custom soundtrack support. Now pc gamers might think i'm not convinced on getting it.. .That's now what I want, I want you to understand why some people prefer to play on a console. Some people have no need for mods, some hate installing things (that's laziness on their part true. But hey I'd rather game than have to go through an installation thing first (this definitly counts when you first bought the game and want to play it immediatly... half-life 2 anyone (had to wait 45 !!! minutes).

Why get the PC version? (this is for xbox (or console ) gamers)
Mods, even better graphics (if you have a good pc), easy pic/video capturing, also custom soundtrack support.

I hope both sides can now live in peace once more. sleepy.gif

Am I looking forward to gta: sa on xbox?.. hell yeah.. just as i'm looking forward to get it on pc.. yes i'm getting both and I feel i'll be better off than people that will get only one version. Because y'know: 1 love plus 1 love makes 2. And this is studio 2!
OUT. rampage_ani.gif

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 14 April 2005 - 08:23 AM

QUOTE (2FacedJanus @ Apr 14 2005, 18:19)
monocle.gif Dear Fanboys, monocle.gif

I love you. Post more, your sanity is a welcome gift.

bob the noob
  • bob the noob

Hatesu

• Members

Posted 14 April 2005 - 09:50 AM

Dear Fanboys, 

In the highlight your failure to be reasonable, mature or in any way sane I hereby give you facts and opinions to end the disccusion and the system war that's building here. 

ok open with an insult (thats you call being mature?) then you preseed to add fuel to the debate where i think most people were being mature and reasonable in there posts save a few

The basics: Graphically the PC can overpower the Xbox and the Xbox can overpower the PS2. However do not expect there to be a huge graphical difference between the xbox and pc version, there will be the same high-res textures, realistic mirroring, drawing distance and stuff. Most likely it's resolution and 16xfsaa which will make it look slightly different. 

ahh but the pc you can force not only AA and Antisotropic amounts other tweeks adding to graphic pleasue... so even if they do share the same high res textures the pc can make those textures and lines all the more crips and realistic for me more enjoyable

The controller issue, it's a preference not a fact drop it.. some (like me) love to play gta with a controller.... others prefer mouse and keyboard... DROP THIS ISSUE ALLREADY.

ya not much of an issue if your a pc owner since pc's are the only system you can use cb and mouse or a game pad or both if you so choose pc only system to give you the freedom and flexablity to choose

Why get the xbox version? (this is for pc gamers)
No installation process, more stable (this is proven, thanks to ms for making windows...), also has custom soundtrack support. Now pc gamers might think i'm not convinced on getting it.. .That's now what I want, I want you to understand why some people prefer to play on a console. Some people have no need for mods, some hate installing things (that's laziness on their part true. But hey I'd rather game than have to go through an installation thing first (this definitly counts when you first bought the game and want to play it immediatly... half-life 2 anyone (had to wait 45 !!! minutes).

half-life2 was an internet install for most... hardly the standard for pc installs ... yes consoles are easy thats why they were made to bring gaming to those to "lazy" to learn how to use a pc ... for me i dunno when i had a cd install go over 15 mins but your right and i can see how some people might not have the patients to wait for it to install and again for me in the end the pc's plus are worth short install wait.... i see no war here ... i am getting tired of this/these topics and i hope soon not to have a mind to speak ... untill then i will speak my mind

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 15 April 2005 - 02:57 AM

For your remark on the xbox, well maybe some of us enjoy fsaa, af and being able to mod without pain! And come on, stop being so lazy all you have to do is click a button since SA on PC is going to be a DVD. It's not that hard! tounge.gif

murph_fan51
  • murph_fan51

GTA:SA PC- 7.6.05

• Members

Posted 15 April 2005 - 06:47 AM

In the highlight your failure to be reasonable, mature or in any way sane I hereby give you facts and opinions to end the disccusion and the system war that's building here.

But it was generally PS2 players asking what was so great about the XBOX version...

GTAKhaoZ
  • GTAKhaoZ

C'mon SA:PC! Now to get a better PC...

• Members

Posted 15 April 2005 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE (Cran. @ Apr 14 2005, 21:57)
For your remark on the xbox, well maybe some of us enjoy fsaa, af and being able to mod without pain! And come on, stop being so lazy all you have to do is click a button since SA on PC is going to be a DVD. It's not that hard! tounge.gif

Yes Cran, Thank You! Hear that everyone?

Looks around forum to see ears perk up.

Codemaster
  • Codemaster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 April 2005 - 03:26 AM

I'm sorry to say it (because I know I'm a true Sony fanboy on the inside), but Xbox is much more capable than PS2. It's loading times are faster, better graphics, you don't have to buy a memory card (and the memory size is much bigger), etc.

blue_steel
  • blue_steel

Captain Unlimited

• Members

Posted 18 April 2005 - 04:48 AM

Wat r u all talking about? all i wanted to know was: "Why are some PS2 owners crying about San Andreas being ported to Xbox?"

Thanks for replying rahkstar2.gif

xXx-Tricky-xXx
  • xXx-Tricky-xXx

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 May 2005 - 12:02 AM

The reason I choose Xbox over PC version is because 1 i love the xbox controller, dont know how u guys can say it has worse controls then ps2, but i personally hate the ps ps2 controllers. 2 my monitor is too small and cant get a bigger one. and 3 i have dial up which deducts any online play with mods.

xXx-Tricky-xXx
  • xXx-Tricky-xXx

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 May 2005 - 12:04 AM

Wat r u all talking about? all i wanted to know was: "Why are some PS2 owners crying about San Andreas being ported to Xbox?"

because they think gta should be a sony only game because they cant get halo on ps2, and they just know xbox is better than ps2 graphic wise and we have all there games pretty much and there better graphics.

black_mcgrath
  • black_mcgrath

Legendary Boss

• Members

Posted 05 May 2005 - 03:54 AM

Why do people compare Sony with Microsoft, Sony is not a computer company that has all this amazing technology and no I am not a Xbox fanboy I own a Playstation 2 which is broken right now and plan on buying both Xbox 2 and Playstation 3.

Please don't compare the two consols, that's like comparing Bungie with Rockstar, I also hate fanboys every time I read a thread saying "OMG liek teh r sooo jealous we have c00l3r games than ps2, I masterbate with a pillow on my head"

salibaba
  • salibaba

[GL]Salibaba

• Members

Posted 05 May 2005 - 08:01 AM

QUOTE (black_mcgrath @ May 5 2005, 04:54)
Why do people compare Sony with Microsoft, Sony is not a computer company that has all this amazing technology and no I am not a Xbox fanboy I own a Playstation 2 which is broken right now and plan on buying both Xbox 2 and Playstation 3.

Please don't compare the two consols, that's like comparing Bungie with Rockstar, I also hate fanboys every time I read a thread saying "OMG liek teh r sooo jealous we have c00l3r games than ps2, I masterbate with a pillow on my head"

cmmon every1 loves a fanboy, who else would we wipe our asses with when all the paper runs out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users