Photo

GTA: SA on Xbox

44 replies to this topic
blue_steel
  • blue_steel

Captain Unlimited

• Members

Posted 04 April 2005 - 09:31 AM

I hear all these jerks crying because xbox is getting GTA: SA with better graphics and stuff. If you guys are so upset, why didn't you get Xbox at the beginning??? Who here agrees?

Konoko45
  • Konoko45

I hate you all, just FYI.

• Members

Posted 04 April 2005 - 10:37 AM

Lol, but uh, this time, Xbox is getting a more or less equal, or even inferior version to PC. So no, I don't agree with you, and I think you need to stop being an asskissing fanboy.

Macintire Sniper
  • Macintire Sniper

irRashonel

• Members

Posted 04 April 2005 - 02:15 PM

I'm just f*ckin' glad i get it on Xbox at all. I only found out a couple of days ago we were getting it on Xbox..almost shat my pants with happyness. wow.gif

Luke15
  • Luke15

Espaņa - Gone?

• Members

Posted 04 April 2005 - 04:27 PM

The big deal about San Andreas on X-box is the improved graphics.

Everything is getting tweaked, and all the little fault in the Playstation 2 version are getting fixed.

vALKYR
  • vALKYR

The Object of Affection.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 04 April 2005 - 04:29 PM

Well; it's their decision. Most people just like the privilige of getting SA first on PS2 because it was released there first; Not to mention there are a lot who just like playing the game on PC because 1) they generally dislike console games 2) they don't have a console anyway or 3) or because they like to mod it.

But lets not mention the PC Version, because the graphics will be better anyways with the right hardware wow.gif

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 04 April 2005 - 04:46 PM

Let's see the Advantages:
•AA
•AF
•Real-time Reflections
•Bug Fixes
•Mods

Yum.

matheson030
  • matheson030

Dolt

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 April 2005 - 05:20 PM

X-Box will have better graphics and less glitches (maybe none) because of the better processing power.

Konoko45
  • Konoko45

• Members

Posted 04 April 2005 - 05:20 PM Edited by Konoko45, 04 April 2005 - 05:23 PM.

@ Hawk: GTA 3/VC on Xbox has almost no anisotropic filtering whatsoever. And MAYBE 2x AA. Mods? Not really. Only about 2% of Xbox owners are actually capable of doing that, plus, they gotta know what to do, so it's WAY out of reach for simpletons like yourselves, might as well just get the PC version.

I'm sorry, PC > Xbox, in all categories. And don't bring up the controls argument, you can simply buy a $10 or so adapter online to use your actual PS2/Xbox controllers on the PC.

vALKYR
  • vALKYR

The Object of Affection.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 04 April 2005 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (matheson030 @ Apr 4 2005, 19:20)
X-Box will have better graphics and less glitches (maybe none) because of the better processing power.

Maybe in comparison with the PS2 but the XBox is totally outperformed by the PC Version. It can be patched whenever needed and the processing power as you mentioned is on most PCs superior to the Xbox Hardware.

powerchord
  • powerchord

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 04 April 2005 - 06:16 PM

GOD! How I hate fanboys. The Xbox version will look better than the PS2, but control worse. The PC version will make both look like ass. All gaming systems are worth owning, all have their pluses and minuses. All have their good games, and versions of games. Fanboys go to hell when they die. Real gamers are fans of games, not systems.

bob the noob
  • bob the noob

Hatesu

• Members

Posted 04 April 2005 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (powerchord @ Apr 4 2005, 11:16)
GOD! How I hate fanboys. The Xbox version will look better than the PS2, but control worse. The PC version will make both look like ass. All gaming systems are worth owning, all have their pluses and minuses. All have their good games, and versions of games. Fanboys go to hell when they die. Real gamers are fans of games, not systems.

if you buy consoles just to play a game because they are only on that console feel free to call yourself a gamer..... i call you a sucker....

powerchord
  • powerchord

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 04 April 2005 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE (bob the noob @ Apr 4 2005, 19:20)

if you buy consoles just to play a game because they are only on that console feel free to call yourself a gamer..... i call you a sucker....

I never said that buddy.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 05 April 2005 - 02:21 AM

QUOTE (bob the noob @ Apr 5 2005, 04:50)

Well you don't play games on thin air do you?

I own all three consoles because they all have some good games, emphasis on the SOME part. Yeah buying a certain console because of one good game is silly but when its a list of good titles its not silly at all.

blue_steel
  • blue_steel

Captain Unlimited

• Members

Posted 05 April 2005 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE (Luke15 @ Apr 4 2005, 16:27)
The big deal about San Andreas on X-box is the improved graphics.

Everything is getting tweaked, and all the little fault in the Playstation 2 version are getting fixed.

I here all these things about "faults and glitches" can you guys give some example, when i was playing on my mates PS2 i didnt notice any.

Also I know it will look better on xbox because it has better hardware etc, and incase anyone didnt know, im waiting for it on xbox

And i bet other xboxers or watever would agree its a long wait, longer than halo 2 because that game was over hyped and i wasnt really excited when i first played halo 2, and was amased at the things you could drive on GTA:SA

blue_steel
  • blue_steel

Captain Unlimited

• Members

Posted 05 April 2005 - 08:33 AM

QUOTE (powerchord @ Apr 4 2005, 18:16)

If your talking about me, saying "that guy loves xbox and thinks he rains supreme" then no. i think they are all good, im just dying for the game!!!

bob the noob
  • bob the noob

Hatesu

• Members

Posted 05 April 2005 - 08:46 AM Edited by bob the noob, 05 April 2005 - 09:53 AM.

QUOTE (GTA3Freak-2001 @ Apr 4 2005, 19:21)
QUOTE (bob the noob @ Apr 5 2005, 04:50)

Well you don't play games on thin air do you?

I own all three consoles because they all have some good games, emphasis on the SOME part. Yeah buying a certain console because of one good game is silly but when its a list of good titles its not silly at all.

PC of course =)

***Edit*** (hit enter on the wrong page)

QUOTE (bob the noob @ Apr 4 2005, 19:20)

I never said that buddy.

sorry didn't mean it directly at youthough i quoted you i ment it in general .... "people who buy consoles just because a certain game is only avaible on that console are free to call themselfs gamers i call them suckers" is what i should have wrote and i mean

1999-halo trailer for pc is released
2000-Microsoft buys halo halts pc version starts xbox version
2001 halo and xbox released
2003 after 2 years of sucking people into buying xbox marketing annouces it's time for the pc version

i was looking forward to halo pc ... ms pulls that bs .. settled my opinion on consoles and refused to buy a microsoft games from then on devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif

when people get sucked into buying consoles only on the hype of a game i have a problem with... i hate to see people sucked in by corperate bs... they know with the hype of a game comes peer pressure and they use it to their advantage .... i understand not everyone can afford a pc and buy a console to play games on been there myself and i thank god for my pc... i have no problem with this ...also understand not everyone is comfortable with a pc (tho i would hope most able to find and use this forum are) and also have no problem with people getting consoles for their "easy of use" ... so dont take me as calling everyone with a console a sucker ... those of you who do fit the suckers discription i do still mean but only in hopes you ask yourself next time "why am i really buying this"

powerchord
  • powerchord

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 April 2005 - 07:04 PM

All major systems have enough good games to make them worth buying. PC, PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, Gameboy, DS, PSP...

They all have good lists of games.

black_patriot
  • black_patriot

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 April 2005 - 08:25 AM

I agree with having consloes and games that you like.

I personally don't like nintendo because -
a) They don't really have any good games
and
b) their consoles are all sh*t

If you buy a console for one game then you are pretty stupid. One game is not worth the effort and expense of getting a console.

PS (I don't own a PS2 but I do own San Andreas)

corban555
  • corban555

Lazlow!

• Members

Posted 06 April 2005 - 09:15 AM

QUOTE (powerchord @ Apr 4 2005, 18:16)

I love the control system for the Xbox versions. It's better than the PC version's controls, in my opinion.

Direct!
  • Direct!

joker, toker, midnight smoker

• Members

Posted 06 April 2005 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE (black_patriot @ Apr 6 2005, 10:25)

and

If you buy a console for one game then you are pretty stupid. One game is not worth the effort and expense of getting a console.

What about you give some arguments.

matheson030
  • matheson030

Dolt

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 April 2005 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE (black_patriot @ Apr 6 2005, 08:25)

Ok, you are weird.

powerchord
  • powerchord

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 06 April 2005 - 02:48 PM

I guess it all depends on your taste in games.

I have all 3 consoles, a gaming PC and a GBA. I make good use of all of them. The Gamecube and GBA get the least use, but they are worth owning for the titles I have played like Zelda, Starfox, Mario, Metroid etc.

Konoko45
  • Konoko45

• Members

Posted 06 April 2005 - 04:58 PM

Well, in truth, Nintendo didn't start going downhill until Gamecube. Yeah, I've played their earlier systems and freakin' loved it back in the day, but now, I must say that I just don't feel the Gamecube was all that great...

I say this with respect, cause I'm not some biased next-gen casual gamer fanboy poser who thinks he knows sh*t, like SOMEONE ELSE in this topic... anyways, the GC has basically crippled their once great status, what with rather lacking 3rd party support, rather small standard media, and NEAR NON-EXISTANT online support (TWO games, THATS IT.)

Hmm, doesn't like Nintendo, doesn't have a PS2, so that leave only one console he possibly has... and if so, I rest my case. Cause Xbox fanboys are the stupidest of the three.

powerchord
  • powerchord

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 06 April 2005 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (Konoko45 @ Apr 6 2005, 16:58)
Well, in truth, Nintendo didn't start going downhill until Gamecube. Yeah, I've played their earlier systems and freakin' loved it back in the day, but now, I must say that I just don't feel the Gamecube was all that great...

I say this with respect, cause I'm not some biased next-gen casual gamer fanboy poser who thinks he knows sh*t, like SOMEONE ELSE in this topic... anyways, the GC has basically crippled their once great status, what with rather lacking 3rd party support, rather small standard media, and NEAR NON-EXISTANT online support (TWO games, THATS IT.)

Hmm, doesn't like Nintendo, doesn't have a PS2, so that leave only one console he possibly has... and if so, I rest my case. Cause Xbox fanboys are the stupidest of the three.

You make a decent point regarding Nintendo. The gamecube's titles aren't as strong as perious consoles. Their mainstay titles like Mario, Zelda, Starfox, Metroid, Mario Kart etc are truly outstanding though. Plus, they are so freakin cheapo now. I got it anyway, and have had fun with the 10 or so games that I've had for it. Maybe I just have too much money for my own good. Maybe I'm just a gaming addict. Come to think of it, I haven't used my Xbox that much. It only has about 10 or so titles as well that are worth owning. I got it anyway. Don't regret it either. I guess I use my PS2 the most, followed by my PC. My PS2 sometimes pisses me off because its so underpowered. But sooo many great titles and exclusive titles.

Come the next gen of consoles, I doubt I'll be able to afford all 3. I'll probably stick with just one, as the price points are going to be sky high and the games are going to cost a mortgage.

jizzyman
  • jizzyman

BB(Q)King

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 April 2005 - 03:26 AM

QUOTE (black_patriot @ Apr 6 2005, 05:25)

and

Well I for one thought the controls for the GameCube quite good. They are easy to learn and accesible. Actually in many aspects I find it better than the PS2 controls. The Game Cube didn't kill nintendo, all in all it was a good system, with some good familiar nintendo titles, Zelda, Mario, Metroid. Many other titles as well. Burnout fit quite well into it, so did SSX and Resident Evil.

I own all three consoles and an able PC, I have experienced many games and I haven't found what is so horrible about the Game Cube.

On topic I think people just stand idiotically by their console, unwilling to experience other games and actually look for something good in it which is what most people fail to do.

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci

Posted 10 April 2005 - 03:31 AM

I'll admit I'm not a big console gamer, so the ones I do have are either not used solely for games, or were gifts. I primarily use my Xbox as a media centre, and I'm currently borrowing my PS2 from work.

Yes, I got a PS2 just for San Andreas, I can't say there are many games on any console that would justify an extra $300 investment just to play them.

murph_fan51
  • murph_fan51

GTA:SA PC- 7.6.05

• Members

Posted 10 April 2005 - 06:16 AM

Yes, I got a PS2 just for San Andreas

Hehe, i was considering buying one just for that game but didn't. I was able to hold the desire to get it! And thought only 6 months to PC and it will be better. LOL. biggrin.gif

bizzybizzy
  • bizzybizzy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 April 2005 - 03:53 PM

reason im getting it on xbox but i dont have top of the line pc, so it will look sh*t on my computer....

Hivis
  • Hivis

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 April 2005 - 02:45 AM

for me, anything on x-box that i want, i can get on ps2 or pc. i can not think of a single x-box game that i want that is on neither. but thats just me and my tastes

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 11 April 2005 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (Opius @ Apr 10 2005, 14:01)
I'll admit I'm not a big console gamer, so the ones I do have are either not used solely for games, or were gifts. I primarily use my Xbox as a media centre, and I'm currently borrowing my PS2 from work.

Yes, I got a PS2 just for San Andreas, I can't say there are many games on any console that would justify an extra $300 investment just to play them.

And yet you know sh*t loads about Xbox modding, heh and don't you work at a modding store rolleyes.gif

Anyway, everyone stop bitching about which console its on. I mean, better graphics are going to be better, so i'm not complaining. So stop with these comments: "like omg who cares if xbox gets sa ps2 is way better because it got sa before and im a fanboy ect."

Cran gets a bat to fend of the n00bs

Urg. I must admit consoles to have some great games, but some of those console games belong on PC imo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users