Gangs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic
--CellTech--
  • --CellTech--

As Real As It Gets

• Members

Posted 04 April 2005 - 01:59 AM

I know this probly comes up a lot, but i would like to see some new gang's become official. Isn't it about time? confused.gif

Daggdave
  • Daggdave

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 04 April 2005 - 03:52 AM

I think that only happens once a year with the forum awards. Here is the most recent. I dont know about becoming official though confused.gif

Chalkstar
  • Chalkstar

QvsQ lab monkey

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 April 2005 - 05:28 AM

QUOTE (Daggdave @ Apr 4 2005, 13:52)
I think that only happens once a year with the forum awards. Here is the most recent. I dont know about becoming official though confused.gif

At the forum awards the best unofficial gets rewarded with a hard start on the next gang race. A gang race has been discussed recently but I guess nothing has come of it.

Mafia Drive Gunner
  • Mafia Drive Gunner

Fetishist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 April 2005 - 06:43 AM

I believe that the idea of +5 points in next gang race got scrapped for the next one, if there is one, because there has been 2 awards ceremonies since the last gang race. It has been a few years, and it would be nice, but its all up to Erfy and Vido.

It has been bought up many times since the last gang race, but to no avail. It isn't as simple as just saying "I think we'll make this gang official".
-MDG

Chalkstar
  • Chalkstar

QvsQ lab monkey

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 April 2005 - 07:17 AM

QUOTE (Mafia Drive Gunner @ Apr 4 2005, 16:43)
I believe that the idea of +5 points in next gang race got scrapped for the next one, if there is one, because there has been 2 awards ceremonies since the last gang race. It has been a few years, and it would be nice, but its all up to Erfy and Vido.

It has been bought up many times since the last gang race, but to no avail. It isn't as simple as just saying "I think we'll make this gang official".
-MDG

It's not probable now since the only gangs that looked good enough to become official in a lot of members eyes died. There is always hope thought, but just not right now. confused.gif

DJDeez
  • DJDeez

Godfather

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 04 April 2005 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE (--CellTech-- @ Apr 4 2005, 03:59)
I know this probly comes up a lot, but i would like to see some new gang's become official. Isn't it about time? confused.gif

There will only be an official gang race when there are enough gangs to compete. Read: when there are enough gangs which have the potential of becoming official.

Chunky Lee Chong
  • Chunky Lee Chong

#f4d1f6

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 04 April 2005 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE (Daggdave @ Apr 4 2005, 05:52)

The Forum Awards has absolutely nothing to do with an Official Gang Race.

Forty
  • Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 04 April 2005 - 03:55 PM

People don't need an official race, they just need new content or motivation to make a quality gang. The entire gang scene has tapered off and it doesn't seem like it's willing to bounce back.

Kaj.
  • Kaj.

Shift Happens.

• The Connection

Posted 04 April 2005 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE (40ozFreak @ Apr 4 2005, 10:55)
People don't need an official race, they just need new content or motivation to make a quality gang. The entire gang scene has tapered off and it doesn't seem like it's willing to bounce back.

^What he said^

It seems people are just making gangs because they can. They don't care about becoming official, nor are they trying to. Hell, most of the founders of the new gangs have never even seen a gang race before, let alone no what it is.

Venom
  • Venom

Zpider-Man

• Zaibatsu
  • England

Posted 05 April 2005 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE (<-Kajun-> @ Apr 4 2005, 18:30)
QUOTE (40ozFreak @ Apr 4 2005, 10:55)

^What he said^

It seems people are just making gangs because they can. They don't care about becoming official, nor are they trying to. Hell, most of the founders of the new gangs have never even seen a gang race before, let alone no what it is.

Quality.....not quantity...as many seem to think.
I admit there are some which need vast improving, but also some, which are current, are very close.

Members of the OGA have had talks about this..and all you need to do is wait.

Spidey.
  • Spidey.

Secret Wars

• Members

Posted 05 April 2005 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE (40ozFreak @ Apr 4 2005, 11:55)

Why did people need an official race before, and not now?

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 05 April 2005 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (Spidey. @ Apr 5 2005, 13:55)

Because back then the entire scene didn't suck.

Kaj.
  • Kaj.

Shift Happens.

• The Connection

Posted 05 April 2005 - 09:00 PM

The main thing is that almost all the gangs can't make it. Actually, there might be one or two that would even have the slightest chance. Hell, I hate to say it, but I doubt Feroci could get official this hypothetical next race. Maybe 15-16 of the 32 (according to The Gang Weekly) are active (at least in the chat thread) and even then, only about 6-7 of us consistantly post in there.

It seems all of the gangs nowadays want more members, whether or not they are complete f*cktards. What needs to happen is a complete gang scene overhaul. The leaders of the gangs need to realize no one cares how many members you have, as long as you have some good, quality members. I seriously doubt the scene will fix itself, ever. What needs to happen is the gang leaders need to have some kind of "conference" and hammer out the kinks in it, otherwise, we might as well ditch the entire idea of gangs altogether.

Forty
  • Forty

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 05 April 2005 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (anuj @ Apr 5 2005, 14:18)
QUOTE (Spidey. @ Apr 5 2005, 13:55)

Because back then the entire scene didn't suck.

Exactly.

In the past the scene had a rhythm to it and a pulse, and there were gangs everywhere that were strong and full of cool cats. Lots of things were happening and everyone was involved. Now it's a heaping pile of chat topics and....really nothing else. SA gave it a small boost, but the gang community in general is weak right now.

Zak.
  • Zak.

slippi

• The Connection

Posted 06 April 2005 - 01:51 AM

What was different than it is now? More gang wars and stuff like that?

Kaj.
  • Kaj.

Shift Happens.

• The Connection

Posted 06 April 2005 - 02:10 AM

No, it wasn't that there was more gang wars and stuff. There were some really good gangs, and there were more than 1 or 2. There was Genovese/New York City Connection, which is now official. And most importantly, most of the new members weren't "VC n00bs" (VC, because that was the most recent release).

Now, I probably joined after the flood of "VC n00bs", if there were many, in November 2003 (under the name emcee_31). Most of the gangs back then were looking to become official, now (as I said before) most leaders haven't even experienced a gang race. We need to tell the leaders what they should be trying to achieve. Instead of just letting them wander helplessly.

BrassKnuckles
  • BrassKnuckles

Iconic

• The Precinct

Posted 06 April 2005 - 06:12 AM

Boy, do your gangs suck. Incredible!

MindCorrupt
  • MindCorrupt

iCorrupt

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 06 April 2005 - 09:14 AM

40, well i suppose that happens when theres no incentive or something to strive for a gang. The fact being that when a quality new gang starts theyre usually aiming to become official, but when they see theres no chance of becoming official they disband and the quality members of that unofficial gang get recruited by current official gangs thus feeding the cycle.

Forty
  • Forty

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 06 April 2005 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE (<-Kajun-> @ Apr 5 2005, 20:10)
No, it wasn't that there was more gang wars and stuff. There were some really good gangs, and there were more than 1 or 2. There was Genovese/New York City Connection, which is now official. And most importantly, most of the new members weren't "VC n00bs" (VC, because that was the most recent release).

I'm talking about before Genovese even started.

Look, everyone complains about the gang scene. There is a topic like this on an almost monthly basis. What's the f*cking problem? The gangs suck, you are not being made official under these sh*tty conditions, so sort yourselves out and earn an official race. Don't just expect it to be there and then get angry when it's not. These topics are tired, and often times the staff have brought up the idea of wiping the gang slate clean and making everyone start over. Nobody wants that, so quit your complaining. The solution begins with you, not with staff.

Over The Wall
  • Over The Wall

Pumping Propaganda since 04

• The Connection

Posted 19 April 2005 - 01:36 AM

As many have said in various threads, it seems as if Unofficial gangs lack motivation. What if there was some sort of "Power Rankings" done, voted by members of official gangs, and the rankings released every few weeks? If being ranked the top unofficial gang by the members of the official gangs isn't enough motivation, I'm not sure what would motivate them other than a race. People love to see their names connected with good things. Why are birthday and milestone topics acceptable? Because people like seeing their name of respect lists. Being a member of a highly acclaimed gang would make people happy as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users