Photo

GTAVC:Xbox like graphics in Pc

151 replies to this topic
Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 03 April 2005 - 06:16 AM

Getting the same error as above, using DirectX 9.0B with Radeon Catalyst 04.12 drivers.

Run Down That Guy
  • Run Down That Guy

Hmmm

• Members

Posted 03 April 2005 - 07:07 AM

Odd...I think he is trying to avoid this issue. Or thats how it looks.

Kryptos
  • Kryptos

Hacker

• Members

Posted 03 April 2005 - 07:20 AM Edited by Kryptos, 03 April 2005 - 07:22 AM.

Your problems arise from an error in the .NET framework. Try reinstalling SP1/SP2. Perhaps he's not responding because there isn't a problem in the first place.

Hollower
  • Hollower

theomachist

• Members

Posted 03 April 2005 - 07:47 AM

Ok so to clear up some of the misconceptions being bandied about here...(and correct me if I'm wrong, plz)...

1. This isn't "realtime reflections"
2. This doesn't change anything on the models or their materials
3. This essentially adds a second "sun" to the world - a global directional light source which provides harder specular highlights than the dull VC sun.

Cam
  • Cam

Cam

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 April 2005 - 09:08 AM

Wow, thats nice, good work... cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

Opius: try DirectX 9.0c. May or may not help, I dunno.

Run Down That Guy
  • Run Down That Guy

Hmmm

• Members

Posted 03 April 2005 - 09:29 AM

First of all, I am using 9.0c, I just installed SP2, I tried it with sp1 and I still get the same error. So whats that go to show you? there is a problem :-/.

THE HERO
  • THE HERO

/* no comment */

• Members

Posted 03 April 2005 - 09:36 AM

I get the Same error.

marciano muller
  • marciano muller

gta lover

• Members

Posted 03 April 2005 - 10:10 AM

i looks great real!!! biggrin.gif
but iit don t work devil.gif

ESMazter
  • ESMazter

http://www.erhan.es

• Members

Posted 03 April 2005 - 10:40 AM

It works on me but it looks really strange on peds. This is great for making screenshots ingame!

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Feroci Racing

Posted 03 April 2005 - 11:57 AM

QUOTE (willyboy @ Apr 3 2005, 07:57)
i am not sure whether we can assign lights to individual objects, this is more of global lighting and for some reason static objects like buildings the light doesn't affect them maybe due to normals??.

Only cars and peds have normals, buildings use static vertex colors only. So if possible, you'd have to limit the light to cars and peds (or only cars), by switching the light on just before cars are rendered.

Bernard Jazz
  • Bernard Jazz

Dud dats not gas, dats a chikn.

• Members

Posted 03 April 2005 - 12:18 PM

user posted image

Bit strange, but looks cool on vehicles..

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 03 April 2005 - 12:42 PM

QUOTE (Opius @ Apr 3 2005, 06:16)
Getting the same error as above, using DirectX 9.0B with Radeon Catalyst 04.12 drivers.

^
DX 9.0c, Forceware 75.90 drivers.
Doesn't work.

marciano muller
  • marciano muller

gta lover

• Members

Posted 03 April 2005 - 01:52 PM

the DirectX 9.0c dont work!!
help please i want this mod colgate.gif colgate.gif confused.gif

Samutz
  • Samutz

if ($lol) { die(rofl()); }

• Members

Posted 03 April 2005 - 03:12 PM

Mmm.... Candy Coated Capo.
It really stands out on Fido due to his darker textures (eg. black jacket). But I hardly notice the reflections on vehicles. I'll only see them if I'm looking for them, but having a glossy player and characters is annoying IMO.

Just curious, has anyone tried using this on other games? Mainly Rockstar games, such as Manhunt (I would if I could find my cd).

wiseblood
  • wiseblood

BERSERKER

• Members

Posted 03 April 2005 - 04:04 PM Edited by wiseblood, 03 April 2005 - 04:12 PM.

user posted image

direct x 9.0c radeon x700 pro/works

Monitor57
  • Monitor57

LC - II Designer

• Members

Posted 03 April 2005 - 04:15 PM

wow man, truly outstanding:

user posted image

but it completely screws up the nightime/midday lighting confused.gif .. things keep flashing incredibly bright to normal.. its wierd, and doesnt work on player models too well confused.gif oh well, if u could do this with reflections it would be awesome biggrin.gif but thats not possible i take it wink.gif

yeh u deserve karma, make that 2 wink.gif

- M57

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 03 April 2005 - 04:20 PM Edited by ashdexx, 03 April 2005 - 04:22 PM.

/* forceware 71.84
dx 9.0c
works like a charm for me. given how this works (even with gta3) i can't imagine that the vice version would make a differnce would it?

now that i know the method, which is impressive, there might be some better ways. For one, there's a limitation on current generation graphics cards, they can only do 7 or 8 realtime lights at once. any lighting you see past that is being faked, via vertex lighting/lightmaps/corona images/whatever. Your method also explains some of the oddities that occur ingame with the lighting, the flickering and whatnot.

alternate methods and suggestions:
-alter the existing lights in the scene to do what your doing
-use a pixel shader instead to do spec without the need for additional lighting. actually any kind of PS support in and of itself would rock
-limit the effect to certain objects types (cars / peds / buildings)
-renderware materials natively support a specular level; if you could use that setting per model/material, it would work out much better, than the full brightness for every object.
obviously some of these require much more work than others, but they're just suggestions smile.gif

anyway, did you plan to follow up on this anymore, or is this the mod "as is", with no further development planned? */

Monitor57
  • Monitor57

LC - II Designer

• Members

Posted 03 April 2005 - 04:53 PM

umm i was just wodering, with these new "dll" things people are releasing, like the speedo and now this, would u be able to make the game do pretty much anything u want it to? (in limits) like.. the software proves it is capable of rendering its own shadows.. realtime, i mean the defualt R* map has it by defualt and custom made map can have realtime if u export from 3ds max with a light casting shadows turned on. but for example, when you drive past a streetlamp, u see the plain box shadow from under the car get rendered again either side of you, now the game proves it can render its own shadows i just dont think R* put it in, so would you be able to make 1 of these dll mods make realtime shadows? i mean it shouldnt be as difficult as asking for something like realtime relfections as the game hasnt preved any inderstanding in that area, but it can in the shadows, so would it be able to make this happen? it would make the game look 100X better,

if not may i just ask if its possiblwe to make all the cars use the ref map in the particle.txd like GTA3 did, so i dont have to put "fake" realtime on all my cars 1 by 1 confused.gif

anyway any reply would be helpful, sorry if i havent explained it enough..

- M57

TRN4L
  • TRN4L

Novus Ordo Seclorum

• Members

Posted 03 April 2005 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE (steve-m @ Apr 3 2005, 04:57)
Only cars and peds have normals, buildings use static vertex colors only. So if possible, you'd have to limit the light to cars and peds (or only cars), by switching the light on just before cars are rendered.

Are you sure about that steve? cause my roads have spec and so does the objects in game, its hard to see cause they are generally flat, but they are there, I can take a screen later. I'm pretty sure all models have normals.

muppetmaster
  • muppetmaster

Complete Disaster™

• Members

Posted 03 April 2005 - 08:08 PM

I think he means the original Rockstar stock models.

Kryptos
  • Kryptos

Hacker

• Members

Posted 03 April 2005 - 08:12 PM

If willyboy is using VC++ .NET then that's where the problem is. Your problem is similar to this [http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822520/EN-US/] as it effects .NET 2.0 beta 1. Perhaps this project could be recompiled using VC++ 6.0 instead of .NET, depending on how much time that may take based on if he's used the full extent of the .NET framework. But no, your problem shouldn't be directly related to the DLL or the executable as the memory region is beyond the scope of both.

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Feroci Racing

Posted 03 April 2005 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE (TRN4L @ Apr 3 2005, 21:55)
QUOTE (steve-m @ Apr 3 2005, 04:57)

Are you sure about that steve? cause my roads have spec and so does the objects in game, its hard to see cause they are generally flat, but they are there, I can take a screen later. I'm pretty sure all models have normals.

Static map objects are not dynamically lightend, thus they don't need normals. R* exported their objects without normals, so only custom models could have normals. If they don't have normals, it is likely that the last set normal is used for their faces, so they appear as if they have normals, but then all the faces should be oriented in one direction (regarding lighting). Or am I wrong?

Bernard Jazz
  • Bernard Jazz

• Members

Posted 04 April 2005 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (*Adam* @ Apr 2 2005, 19:57)
user posted image

Give this guy some karma! ++

what car is that?
It looks amazing with the reflection and stuff..

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 04 April 2005 - 05:28 PM

/* i was just thinking about how it might be possible to apply this effect to specific objects, as opposed to the entire scene. i dont know if directx would support this (finding materials by their color), but you could do material lookups, and assign the effect to materials with a certain RGBA value. the carcols data uses this, it checks the models rgba material color, and if its either green or pink (ill post the exact values when i remember) then it blends the grayscale body texture, with the color(s) assigned in the carcols.dat. You could look for those same material colors, and assign the spec to not only JUST to cars, but specific materials as well. */

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 05 April 2005 - 02:05 AM

So it may be possible to create proper chrome effects because you really need a texture to make anything look remotely like chrome on car models and even then it will look strange.

Anyway this is quite amazing, bit weird on some objects but it really gives that glow or highlight that the Xbox version has.

SyphonPayne
  • SyphonPayne

E FOR EFFORT!!!

• Members

Posted 05 April 2005 - 03:15 AM

I like it. It's a little buggy with certain vehicles, but overall I'm going to use it until (hopefully) a newer less buggy version comes out smile.gif .

jacob.
  • jacob.

Homie

• Members

Posted 05 April 2005 - 03:26 AM

I have a feeling some amazing work can be rendered from the source of this DLL.
Please release it, for the greater good. smile.gif

Direct!
  • Direct!

joker, toker, midnight smoker

• Members

Posted 05 April 2005 - 06:13 AM

It's already released ph34r.gif

Bernard Jazz
  • Bernard Jazz

• Members

Posted 05 April 2005 - 06:55 AM