Quantcast

» «
Photo

Swat 4

20 replies to this topic
Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here.

• United-States

Posted 01 April 2005 - 01:48 AM

Game: Swat 4
Genre: Action
Official Site: www.swat4.com
Release: 5 April 2005

I had forgotten about this game for a long time, but stumbled across the SP demo today, and so far, it's pretty good. Things are different each time I've played, which will hopefully add to the replay value quite a bit. Anyway, the game comes out next week and I think I'll be getting this one.

Mafia Righthand_Man
  • Mafia Righthand_Man

Shuffle off.

• Members

Posted 01 April 2005 - 01:58 AM

I've been playing SP too and it's great. Gotta love that taser lol. biggrin.gif I've played the MP demo with VIP rescue as well and I must say that is a lot of fun. You get the MP5 in that demo which works wonders. Ever since I played the SWAT 3 demo, I've had a liking for this game.

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 01 April 2005 - 03:08 AM

I've been playing the beta's for a little while now. Only beef is that I was able to completely f*ck up a server just by editing a couple of inis. Hopefully VU has done something about that.

But on the SP side - This game is pure badassery. I completely love the tactical aspect.

I managed to get the highest ranking + 100/100 on Hard on the demo, but that was some time ago. I'm looking for the screen right now...

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

• United-States

Posted 05 April 2005 - 08:57 AM

So far, it's getting solid reviews.

Gamespot review: 8.5
IGN review: 9.0

I mangaged to get an 82% on hard after a few runs, but one of my men kept getting shot. It's amazing how the same level can be replayed and still feel fresh each time.

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

• United-States

Posted 16 April 2005 - 06:47 PM

Wow, my own thread to discuss this bad ass game amongst myself.

I finally got my machine up and running again and picked up a copy the other day.

I've never really gotten into tactical shooters before, but I must say this one is excellent. I still have yet to give the multiplayer scenarios a go, but I think they'll be good as well. I think I'll write up a review on this one in a week or so.

Knightmare
  • Knightmare

man tongues

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 16 April 2005 - 07:57 PM

Think it's worth the price just for single player? I can't play multiplayer from campus and I liked the SP demo a lot.

jazz.
  • jazz.

waffen

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 April 2005 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE (Knightmare @ Apr 16 2005, 19:57)
Think it's worth the price just for single player?

Ummm...Yus?
I would definetly get this game if my computer Wouldn't be a piece of horse poo.

Goddamnit sad.gif (I still love playing SWAT3, though.)

shadealorian
  • shadealorian

Playa

• Members

Posted 16 April 2005 - 08:16 PM

I played the single player demo, and it was great especially using the stun gun and beating the enemys into submission.

GTA's Rocky
  • GTA's Rocky

Asian dude...

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 01:45 AM

So everything is different if you replay the level? That's cool! I'm getting this...

@Knightmare- seriously, your sig scared the sh*t out of me... cry.gif

jazz.
  • jazz.

waffen

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 April 2005 - 03:09 AM

I just played the SP-Demo and it ran quite nicely opposite to my beliefs..I might even get the full version because i love SWAT 3 and this seems like that 10x better. inlove.gif

Dublo 7
  • Dublo 7

Trying Your Luck

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 03:28 AM

I'm seriously thinking about getting this game. I have Swat 3, and its a classic.

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

EZ5

• United-States

Posted 17 April 2005 - 08:42 AM

Yeah you have to have a certain amout of "credits" to win after easy which is kinda ok. The levels actually seem repetitive to me after a few times though. It really reminded me of doing Vigilante on a grand theft auto game.

jazz.
  • jazz.

waffen

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 April 2005 - 06:31 AM

I've been playing the demo a lot and god i love this game. I'm even thinking of upgrading when i get it for better perfomance.

Heres a rundown:

Weapons: m4 - Pretty much useless for me as i allways try to arrest the suspects. Good for killing though.

Teh pistol - This is what i mostly use, first i shout at them and if they dont comply shot to the leg.

LTL Shotgun - Also pretty usefull for getting the suspects to comply.

The Laser Pistol ( smile.gif ) - Useless in my oppinion.

And god i love the new sounds. The compliance sounds so much better now. "POLICE. ON YOUR KNEES NOW SCUMBAG!" and when you cuff the suspects they say stuff like "Next time" and then the officer replies "Keep it quiet scum" , sweet. inlove.gif

gta3pcguy
  • gta3pcguy

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 April 2005 - 03:52 PM

Well I played the single player demo last night and I was impressed! The graphics were stunning, even on my system (1.8ghz, 9600pro) and the character models look excellent. I've only played it a couple of times so I'm still getting to grips with everything. The classic Swat voice acting impressed me the most though "do it! drop the weapon!"

I've got some complaints though: I kept realising half way through the mission two of my guys were dead, but I hadn't even heard shots or taken a hit myself. They should follow you as default, not wander off. Also the crosshair is BAD. It jumps all over the place needlessly and takes far too long to settle. And 1 shot seems to kill with every weapon which is un-realistic.

I'll probably wait for it to get cheaper before I buy it though.

GroveStGangster
  • GroveStGangster

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 April 2005 - 03:59 PM

wow i remember playing swat 3.
so far you've people have made the game seem fun.
i might as well get one of those demos.

imheretostay
  • imheretostay

non-existant

• Members

Posted 24 April 2005 - 05:24 PM

When i complete the mission where you gotta go rescue civilians in the Auto victory Auto Import building, i press debrief, then next mssion. But then it loads the screen where ican select the missions, and there isnt a new mission.
I am 100% sure that i got high enough score to complete it, i only have it on normal, and get 69 in score. Ive completed it 4 times now, anyone help me?

jazz.
  • jazz.

waffen

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 April 2005 - 06:08 PM

You do realise theres only 1 mission in the demo tounge.gif And are you sure you're playing career?

Mafia Righthand_Man
  • Mafia Righthand_Man

Shuffle off.

• Members

Posted 24 April 2005 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (jazz. @ Apr 24 2005, 13:08)
You do realise theres only 1 mission in the demo tounge.gif And are you sure you're playing career?

I think he has the full version.

imheretostay
  • imheretostay

non-existant

• Members

Posted 24 April 2005 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (jazz. @ Apr 24 2005, 19:08)

Do i look like im born yesterday?
Of course im playing career.

jazz.
  • jazz.

waffen

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 April 2005 - 06:23 PM

Well sorreh. I have no idea...Get 100 rating?

Stretchnutter
  • Stretchnutter

Also known as Racer_S

• Members

Posted 01 May 2005 - 07:49 PM

somone should setup a server for the GTAFers. Would be a blast arresting some of you folks wink.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users