Photo

Band of Brothers

47 replies to this topic
Dublo 7
  • Dublo 7

Trying Your Luck

• Members

Posted 31 March 2005 - 01:06 PM

I just borrowed the DVDs off my friend. I have seen two episodes, and can already say it is my favourite TV series (next to Sopranos of course). Its just so well done.
Anyone else seen this?

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Best Contributor [Technology] 2012

Posted 31 March 2005 - 02:40 PM

Well you got it in just in time.
I don't think a month goes by that someone doesn't make or bump a Band of Brothers topic.

Wolfwood
  • Wolfwood

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 31 March 2005 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE (wolf68k @ Mar 31 2005, 14:40)
Well you got it in just in time.
I don't think a month goes by that someone doesn't make or bump a Band of Brothers topic.

True.

Well, having only seen the last episode in school, I thought it was fantastic, it is a good idea/show.

Soni
  • Soni

Eriatarka

• Members

Posted 31 March 2005 - 03:10 PM

I love BoB. I haven't seen the entire series but I've seen a lot of it. I think it really is a great show and I especially like the Caretan episode

My friend has the entire DVD set and one day we are going to watch the entire thing in a day.

Sweets
  • Sweets

Pяopagaиda Iиc.

• Feroci
  • Unknown

Posted 31 March 2005 - 03:12 PM

I own it and have watched it repeatedly.
Very good miniseries, very well done.
If it was a movie, it would be the best war movie ever.

WidowMaker
  • WidowMaker

Born with a black hat.

• The Precinct

Posted 31 March 2005 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE (dublo_7 @ Mar 31 2005, 13:06)
I just borrowed the DVDs off my friend. I have seen two episodes, and can already say it is my favourite TV series (next to Sopranos of course). Its just so well done.
Anyone else seen this?

I am willing to bet BoB will beat The Sopranos by the time you get through all the episodes.

I have the DVD tin. It's an amazing series, it really is. Especially since it all really happened.

Wow, I have f*ck all to contribute really, don't I?

memento27oasis
  • memento27oasis

Peon

• Members

Posted 31 March 2005 - 05:43 PM

For ten days straight, at midnight, about ten people would come to my dorm room to watch Band of Brothers. We had a 27" tv and Harmon Kardon 6.1 speakers and a 200 watt sub. Needless to say, that's a lot for those darn small rooms, and my neighbors prolly remember it!! (sound effects were amazing) ahh, good old days. My only complaint about BoB is that some actors needed the boot, that a$$ clown from "Friends" most notably. Overall, it's simply astonishing.

BIG HELL
  • BIG HELL

Kill you.

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 March 2005 - 06:23 PM

Band of Brothers is the so amazingly brilliant. The chapter wher they are being bombarded in the snow and taking cover in foxholes is nerve and gut wrenching. The show also contains great characters that you really get to know and emphasise with.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 31 March 2005 - 07:05 PM

I think you mean Bastogne, that was amazing. Especially the bit where the mortar lands right next to them... but its a dud.

I seriously need to get ahold of that DVD Tin Box. inlove.gif

BIG HELL
  • BIG HELL

Kill you.

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 March 2005 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (papanesta @ Mar 31 2005, 19:05)
I think you mean Bastogne, that was amazing. Especially the bit where the mortar lands right next to them... but its a dud.

I seriously need to get ahold of that DVD Tin Box. inlove.gif

Yes that is it. My friend owns the tin box but he is reluctant to let me borrow it.

I would buy it myself but its pretty expensive, and it will be easier to "borrow" it from him when he is unaware.

Mafia Righthand_Man
  • Mafia Righthand_Man

Shuffle off.

• Members

Posted 31 March 2005 - 08:37 PM

I see it on the History Channel whenever it comes on (normally around the D-Day anniversary each year). I've seen a few of the episodes, notably (sp?) Carentan and Bastogne. It's a great series.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 31 March 2005 - 09:12 PM

The only item on last years christmas list last year, was the Band
of Brothers DVD set. There is nothing like sitting in a dark room, with a 1000 Watt surround sound system, and band of brothers on the 61" widescreen.

It was a huge event in my house when they were originally airing a couple years back. We'd stop everything on sunday evenings to watch it.

Every june 6th I have 6 thing I do.
  • 1. Play medal of honor spearhead D-day mission
  • 2. Play Call of Duty D-day mission
  • 3. Watch Band of brothers "Day of Days" episode
  • 4. Play medal of honor allied assault omaha beach mission
  • 5. Watch saving private ryan
  • 6. Watch the history channel
Anyway, point is, Band of Brothers has changed my life, even if it is for one day a year.

Captain Keyes
  • Captain Keyes

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 31 March 2005 - 11:49 PM

I have the DVD set The props and sets are authentic, the acting's great, and the musical score really fits the mood.

I hear a lot of people complaining that the action scenes are too few and far in between, but the story's really about Easy Company and its members, not just the war.

Dublo 7
  • Dublo 7

Trying Your Luck

• Members

Posted 01 April 2005 - 12:37 AM

QUOTE (memento27oasis @ Apr 1 2005, 01:43)
For ten days straight, at midnight, about ten people would come to my dorm room to watch Band of Brothers. We had a 27" tv and Harmon Kardon 6.1 speakers and a 200 watt sub. Needless to say, that's a lot for those darn small rooms, and my neighbors prolly remember it!! (sound effects were amazing) ahh, good old days. My only complaint about BoB is that some actors needed the boot, that a$$ clown from "Friends" most notably. Overall, it's simply astonishing.

I disagree. Even though I think David Schwimmer is a knob, he did a great job in BoB. Everyone did.

$disturbed$
  • $disturbed$

Crazy mofo

• Members

Posted 01 April 2005 - 01:54 AM

Best war movie. Period. I have all ten episodes (taped 'em). I thought the acting was superb. That "ass-clown" from FRIENDS most certainly should NOT be booted. I have the actual book, with about 8 pages of the real men of Easy company. The so called "ass-clown looks EXACTLY like the actual Cpt. Soebel (I think that's his name). I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm stating my opinion.

A little off-topic, but my grandpa served with most of those men from Easy company. He wasn't in the actual company, but he was in the same PIR (the 508th, which was Able through Ida company, including Easy). So he probably would've been in the miniseries. Just thought I'd let y'all know that.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 01 April 2005 - 01:55 AM Edited by darthYENIK, 01 April 2005 - 02:15 AM.

QUOTE (Captain Keyes @ Mar 31 2005, 15:49)
I have the DVD set The props and sets are authentic, the acting's great, and the musical score really fits the mood.

I hear a lot of people complaining that the action scenes are too few and far in between, but the story's really about Easy Company and its members, not just the war.

Exactly. I read the book after I saw the series, and I was more blown away by the book, and the personal stories, over the battles.

ToyMachine
  • ToyMachine

Scum.

• Members

Posted 01 April 2005 - 01:56 AM

I love it.

The series is so well done, it is definitely one of the best ones ever shown on tv.

gta3pcguy
  • gta3pcguy

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 April 2005 - 10:50 PM

It was certinally the most expensive TV series of all time. It's truly excellent too.

I just watched episode 9 last night where they find the concentration camp = harrowing.

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Best Contributor [Technology] 2012

Posted 01 April 2005 - 11:25 PM

I hope no one took what I said the wrong way. I love the series.
I love watching shows on the History channel or any other channel and to see where they talk about Easy and to how closely the series really did comes to real thing.
Even when watching old war movies and seeing how well they did.

There is one that I just can't think of the name of off hand, I'll find it later and post it for those interested in watching it, that was made and release only 2 years after the war was over which means only months after the men that survived got back they were being interviewed and had to re-live those moments to get everything as close to the real thing as possible.

Dublo 7
  • Dublo 7

Trying Your Luck

• Members

Posted 02 April 2005 - 05:52 AM

QUOTE (gta3pcguy @ Apr 2 2005, 06:50)
It was certinally the most expensive TV series of all time. It's truly excellent too.

I just watched episode 9 last night where they find the concentration camp = harrowing.

Nah, I'm positive E.R is the most expensive TV series of all time.

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 02 April 2005 - 11:09 AM

I love Band of Brothers, I bought the DVD pack ages ago and must have watched it over 10 times all the way through.
Anytime im away with work and banged up in some stupid hotel i just watch them, The best ever war series bar none, I watched when the BBC first bought the series for like 10million pounds, wish they would do more. And I also wish here in the UK I could get HBO! Any ideas?

Dublo 7
  • Dublo 7

Trying Your Luck

• Members

Posted 02 April 2005 - 04:13 PM

I just watched 'Bastogne'. Damn that would have been sh*tty to be there.

Pump Bumper
  • Pump Bumper

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 April 2005 - 01:53 PM

best. series. ever. the only was to really appreciate it is to watch it as many times as possible, cuz theres no way you can pick up everything that they put in there by watching once. every time you watch it - even 10,11 times through - there will be countless times where you'll see everything comes together and things will be more clear.i got the DVD's in tin the day it came out tounge.gif

Lobo.
  • Lobo.

Man Whore

• Members

Posted 03 April 2005 - 03:15 PM

yes, band of brothers is amazing. just purely amazing. I watch over and over again.....and it never gets old. when I have alot of time to kill, I bring out the series and go at it. I bought the series right before a huge snowstorm about 4 years ago I think. Lost count of how many times Ive watched it.

XtremeOne
  • XtremeOne

Im so cool I don't need a member title.

• Members

Posted 03 April 2005 - 03:26 PM

i loved it. me and my dad would watch it every friday night on bbc 2 when it was on. id get the box set but too expensive cryani.gif

Mafia Righthand_Man
  • Mafia Righthand_Man

Shuffle off.

• Members

Posted 12 April 2005 - 02:41 AM

Sorry, huge bump but if anyone is interested, part 2 is playing right now on the History Channel. They're 2 minutes into the part where they finally hit ground. They played part 1 earlier, so they might be showing another tonight or something.

Sir Million Knives
  • Sir Million Knives

• Members

Posted 12 April 2005 - 03:07 AM

Ah. Band of Brothers.../me owns tinbox and watches them often. My favourite episode has to be the one where that drunk soldier busts a cap in the officers head.

Damn ace.

-maddog-
  • -maddog-

- SkyBum -

• The Connection
  • Norway

Posted 12 April 2005 - 05:16 AM

Very good tv show. The effects, the plot. at my top 5 list..

Hobbes27
  • Hobbes27

Jew

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 13 April 2005 - 03:01 AM

Right now History Channel is Showing Part 4, The operation Market Garden one. You can actually feel how good that soldier feels when he gives that little boy the candy bar, and the father says "Its the first time hes tasted Chocolate." I had a warm feeling inside of me when that happened. rah.gif

zon
  • zon

I eat babies

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 April 2005 - 01:33 AM

I laughed when that man got exploded in the 7th episode.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users