» «
Photo

Odd things you might not notice.

53 replies to this topic
CubanJetMaX
  • CubanJetMaX

^Made by ME!^

• Members

Posted 30 March 2005 - 05:52 PM Edited by CubanJetMaX, 30 April 2005 - 06:32 PM.

I had a good look through San Andreas, and have decided to compile a list of GTA:SA oddities. Post your unusual discoveries here.

Here are some.
  • By C.J.M
    Listen to CSR. on the text it is 103.2, and on the pause menu image, but when you listen to it, it says 103.9. What is up with that?

When CJ has a dual weild weapon, when he reloads them, he only reloads 1 of the guns, but they both are full of ammo.

The hotring racer bonnet has the same pattern on the underside, as is on the other side. it is just flipped over so it is readable.

If you use a cheat device first, it is possible to get 100 out of 50 oysters. Same goes for tags <200/100> Snapshots <100/50> and Horseshoes <100/50>

Occasionally, using up your entire 2 clips of Tec9 ammo all at once produces a funny effect. Cj is stuck holding the two guns like he is shooting, but nothing is happening. Moving CJ removes this effect.

Using the ARMax pal "Walk Through Walls" Code can cause some undesirable effects (From what i have tested). Eg, Cars go mental when they bash into eash other, usually they get thrown into the air, then fall through the road.
    Also, when flying with a jetpack, making Cj go headlong into some buildings makes him lose health, and a sound as id CJ has crashed into something metal plays.

In 2 player mode, you can do driveby's in a Dodo.

In a bar, you can shoot the glass bottles like in an old saloon.

If you look at a Freeway head on, and look at the light at the front, then turn the light while the bike isn't moving, the light beam stays in the same place.

Flying off the edge of the map causes everything on the map to be revealed.

New: Looking at the minigun in the ProLaps Mirror makes the minigun appear about 3x bigger in the mirror than it really is!

New: You can lob satchel charges, grenades etc through walls if you get close enough to them, then throw.

New: The radio station you listen to has an effect on the weather. IE Listening to Radio X a lot makes for a greater chance of showers.

New: Mod shops play your Favourite Radio station. And if you dont have one, they play a random radio station.

New: Wait for enough Sandkings to spawn, and you will end up getting one with HYDROS!!!

New: If you stick satchel charges to a car, then store it in a savepoint garage, then take it out again after the door closes, the satchels come off, and are left floating in your garage!
  • By Tommy Vercetti Guy

You can jump a bike off The tallest building in Ls and survive

Get on top of the tallest building in San Fierro. Make CJ touch the fence facing north ontop of tallest building in San Fierro. Then press jump. CJ will fall down but wont get hurt!

NOTES: Dont use a parachute

Dont run jump or anything, just make CJ face north tounching the fence and just PRESS jump

Go into suburban with a camera or sniper rifle. Find the mirror that is next to the dressing room. Zoom in all the way at the mirror and you should see an ammu- nation interior.
  • By Hitman594

When enter the Full Weapon Aiming During Driving code, and you equip an SMG while your on a bike, everytime you turn or weave the bike to the left or right, it goes right through CJ's legs.

It's like he's still sitting straight, but the bike is going in all kinds of crazy directions.

I think you just look back and the problem will be fixed, temporarily.
  • By Code_Breakin_Pimp

If you go into prolaps, in the dressing room on the left, you see tiny midgets running around in the mirror.
  • By blindsk8er6d9

In boat school, when you look at the demonstration. It is Tommy Vercetti driving the boats. Easy to see with the vortex missions.
  • By yazuka_dojo

You can buy a t-shirt from suburban called 'loc-down' tee it has a picture of handcuffs on the back, there is the same picture in the crack house on the last mission...strange.
  • By -Voltrix-

If you put the recruit anyone cheat on and try and recruit someone on the BACK of a bike, they don't get off but just stand stuck in the bike and stay like that as the driver drives off. (easier to test with the ninja theme on since there are a lot more bikes around with it on)
  • By X-Zon3

Vehicles seem to take more damage when you do a mission in them.

<Sorry X-Zon3, this isn't an oddity...>

<IE: Ambulance, Tank, Fire Truck etc...>
  • By IeetGLOO

stick a satchel charge onto a ped and kill the ped buy shooting/stabbing/running over/burning/punching & kicking/beating with a blunt object but be sure not to detonate the bomb. the charge will just...float there...neat
  • By Phili G

On multiplayer if you place satchel charges on a player then kiss. The charges disappear.

Please post some others.

Thanks.

Daggdave
  • Daggdave

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 March 2005 - 06:15 PM

heh those are some cool things, some of which I didnt even notice, like the guns reloading and stuff, cool finds smile.gif

Mxyzptlk
  • Mxyzptlk

Misanthropic

• Members

Posted 30 March 2005 - 06:53 PM

I realize this topic is different but some people might not... hopefully they check secrets and easter eggs topic before posting here so you don't end up with lots of repeats.

gtaman2
  • gtaman2

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 March 2005 - 06:56 PM

I put in the ar max code cars/planes/moto/bikes/swimming/walking thru anything code and i went crazy with the planes since it can go thru anything and i went to gangton wher the gang members were on top buildings!!! I stood still and they fell off and then i waited and they float in the air and land on a building. I wanted to take a pic but i dont have a cam

hope this helped bbq.gif

Mxyzptlk
  • Mxyzptlk

Misanthropic

• Members

Posted 30 March 2005 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (gtaman2 @ Mar 30 2005, 13:56)
I put in the ar max code cars/planes/moto/bikes/swimming/walking thru anything code and i went crazy with the planes since it can go thru anything and i went to gangton wher the gang members were on top buildings!!! I stood still and they fell off and then i waited and they float in the air and land on a building. I wanted to take a pic but i dont have a cam

hope this helped bbq.gif

Kippers made a video of the go through wlls weirdness: Crazy Town.

tanks78
  • tanks78

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 March 2005 - 07:14 PM

yeah everything that was posted by cuban jetmax i already knew.

gtaman2
  • gtaman2

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 March 2005 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE (tanks78 @ Mar 30 2005, 19:14)

Dude your icon is funny lol but i didnt know this. His video is sooooooooo long

CubanJetMaX
  • CubanJetMaX

^Made by ME!^

• Members

Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:10 PM

I think the reason for the WTW madness is because of the collision files.

Normally, the game has a perfect set of .col 's (Except blue hell entries.)

Walk thru walls needs to move some of these parts of the .col files to something solid. so, they are removed from the floor of some interiors, and some walls, and packed into the cars.

Somehow, the cars .col files meet each other eventually, and you get your crazy effects. but the bit i dont get is "why do you go through the road?"

tommy vercetti guy
  • tommy vercetti guy

A fellow canadian

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:13 PM

when my Cj duel weild guns, he reloads both guns.
he reload the right hand one then the left hand one

KalvinW
  • KalvinW

Satan Incarnate

• Members

Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:18 PM

same, always, never seen him not load both

tommy vercetti guy
  • tommy vercetti guy

A fellow canadian

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:24 PM

other things:

you can jump a bike off The tallest building in Ls and survive

i found this:

get ontop of the tallest building in San Fierro. Make CJ touch the fence facing north ontop of tallest building in San Fierro. Then press jump. CJ will fall down but wont get hurt!

NOTES: Dont use a parachute

Dont run jump or anything, just make CJ face north tounching the fence and just PRESS jump

Bunford5
  • Bunford5

Seabass Disaproval Supervisor

• Members

Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (tanks78 @ Mar 30 2005, 19:14)

My hero.

Hitman594
  • Hitman594

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:56 PM

Check this one out.

When enter the Full Weapon Aiming During Driving code, and you equip an SMG while your on a bike, everytime you turn or weave the bike to the left or right, it goes right through CJ's legs.

It's like he's still sitting straight, but the bike is going in all kinds of crazy directions.

I think you just look back and the problem will be fixed, temporarily.

CubanJetMaX
  • CubanJetMaX

^Made by ME!^

• Members

Posted 30 March 2005 - 11:08 PM

wow, pretty cool.

@tommy vercetti guy: If you look real closley at the animation of dual weild weapons, Cj either only reloads the left one/right one.

@Bunford5: Who is your hero? That post didn't make a lot of sense...

CubanJetMaX
  • CubanJetMaX

^Made by ME!^

• Members

Posted 04 April 2005 - 10:56 PM

<Bump> Sorry for 2x posting.

New!: If you look at a Freeway head on, and look at the light at the front, then turn the light while the bike isn't moving, the light beam stays in the same place.

New!: Flying off the edge of the map causes everything on the map to be revealed on the map.

Soz, that is all. <Updating main post. Please wait......>

tommy vercetti guy
  • tommy vercetti guy

A fellow canadian

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 April 2005 - 11:00 PM

another thing:

enter a building with a parachute. You will see the bar on the height meter all the way up. Strange

ThaddeusMcKlown
  • ThaddeusMcKlown

With the birds I'll share this lonely view...

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 04 April 2005 - 11:18 PM

Wow, some of this stuff is really cool!!! smile.gif
i'll hafta try this later, i'll post anything i find colgate.gif
cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif 's for you!
-TM-

tommy vercetti guy
  • tommy vercetti guy

A fellow canadian

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 April 2005 - 11:28 PM

this was mentioned by someone before but i forgot who

anyways, go into suburban with a camera or sniper rifle. Find the mirror that is next to the dressing room. Zoom in all the way at the mirror and you should see an ammu nation interior

gtaman2
  • gtaman2

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 04 April 2005 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE (tommy vercetti guy @ Apr 4 2005, 23:28)

anyways, go into suburban with a camera or sniper rifle. Find the mirror that is next to the dressing room. Zoom in all the way at the mirror and you should see an ammu nation interior

old

code_breakin_pimp
  • code_breakin_pimp

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 April 2005 - 02:14 AM

not me but I said that if you go into a prolaps in the dressing room next to the enterabble/usable on you sa tiny midgets running around in the mirror.

gtaman2
  • gtaman2

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 05 April 2005 - 03:29 AM

QUOTE (code_breakin_pimp @ Apr 5 2005, 02:14)

not me but I said that if you go into a prolaps in the dressing room next to the enterabble/usable on you sa tiny midgets running around in the mirror.

Dude you lost me after enterabble/. This is what you put "usable on you sa tiny midgets running around in the mirror." I think you mean that if you zoom in to the mirror at prolabs you will see a little man running around.

CubanJetMaX
  • CubanJetMaX

^Made by ME!^

• Members

Posted 05 April 2005 - 11:38 AM

The Ammunation/Midgit people are caused by the locations of the interiors.

Ask carpetdweller about it.

Also: Main post updated. Enjoy the weirdness. Lol lol.gif

Stinger9
  • Stinger9

Welsh and Proud!

• Members

Posted 05 April 2005 - 08:27 PM

He's not orange and green haired is he? biggrin.gif I tried the gun glitch about only reloding one. He seems to slot into one but it gous to the opposite direction slightly wow.gif !

bradygamessucks
  • bradygamessucks

If you like me call 1-800-MENTALE

• Members

Posted 06 April 2005 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (tommy vercetti guy @ Apr 5 2005, 00:00)
another thing:

enter a building with a parachute. You will see the bar on the height meter all the way up. Strange

this is because the buildings are high up in the air. Read more in the hidden interiors post(i think the fact was in that one)

P.S. Sorry if someone has already posted this.<insert crap sig below>

blindsk8er6d9
  • blindsk8er6d9

Z

• Members

Posted 06 April 2005 - 06:13 PM

In boat school, when you look at the demonstration. It is Tommy Vercetti driving the boats. Easy to see with the vortex missions.

Luke2004
  • Luke2004

You wanna leave? k. gtfo.

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 April 2005 - 06:17 PM

Nice stuff, but would be better to read if it's organised better, by using the follow

Click list or using
CODE
[*]

and putting a space in between like

line 1 .. .. .

line 2 totally different

line 3.. .etc..
it'll look better but apart from that nice job

cookie.gif

CubanJetMaX
  • CubanJetMaX

^Made by ME!^

• Members

Posted 06 April 2005 - 08:20 PM

Updated Main Page.

Also, Luke2004 suggested i use the list option. the info is sorted by who posted it, not just strewn all over the place.

Keep those weird things rollin in!

Luke2004
  • Luke2004

You wanna leave? k. gtfo.

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 April 2005 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE (CubanJetMaX @ Apr 6 2005, 21:20)
Updated Main Page.

Also, Luke2004 suggested i use the list option. the info is sorted by who posted it, not just strewn all over the place.

Keep those weird things rollin in!

Thanks for using my suggestion, I noticed as I came into the topic, alot easier to read now. Thank you.

CubanJetMaX
  • CubanJetMaX

^Made by ME!^

• Members

Posted 06 April 2005 - 08:28 PM

That is quite alright. I am always open to suggestions.

ADJ
  • ADJ

The Wizard from Worcester

• Members

Posted 06 April 2005 - 10:21 PM

If you look at some of the main characters' cars they have custom plates:

eg. Sweets is 'GROVE4LIFE', Denise's is 'HOMEGIRL' and The Truth's is 'OUTTHERE'

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users