I'm getting really annoyed with this

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic
KoLSPD2
  • KoLSPD2

The Lurker

• Members

Posted 27 March 2005 - 08:15 AM

Hello, I have the PC edition of GTA3 installed, and yes I purchased it, and here's the problem: "Please insert Grand Theft Auto III - disc 2 into the drive or press ESC to cancel." - Hello, the CD is not scratched. This is probably because of incompetent parents, and here's my laughable computer stats:

-Processor: 697MHz
-Video Card: Intel® 82810E Graphics Controller
-CD speed: 4x CD speed (soon to be dead)
-Manufacturer: die2.gif Compaq

I need help here alot, and my dad is refusing to get a new CD drive, and he's very impatient. Mom once in a blue moon made a phone call to the computer guy, and he wasn't there, so she left a message. Belligerent parents, waged with parents more concerned on purchasing alcohol and all that sh*t than getting a computer upgraded for their siblings (I share this computer with my brother).

On another note, when I was playing, the game lagged in 3rd person, and I had to play in overhead mode, with having no clue on where Claude was.

Any suggestions? You know where to get some of these upgrades cheap? Help needed.

YeTi
  • YeTi

S'up Bitches?

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 25 April 2005 - 04:44 AM

have you installed and played that version of gta3 before?

KoLSPD2
  • KoLSPD2

The Lurker

• Members

Posted 08 May 2005 - 05:10 AM

*slight bump*

I played it on another computer, and it works perfectly. I don't know what's going on with this computer. Then again, I have no internet access on that computer. confused.gif

PresidentKiller
  • PresidentKiller

Anger Manager

• The Connection
  • Mexico

Posted 08 May 2005 - 06:39 AM

QUOTE (KoLSPD2 @ May 8 2005, 00:10)
*slight bump*

I played it on another computer, and it works perfectly. I don't know what's going on with this computer. Then again, I have no internet access on that computer. confused.gif

That's your CD-ROM drive... it's dying slowly... tounge.gif

GTAIII CAN be played in "regular" (not top-down) view with those specs. I played it on a computer like that back when the game was just released. Just don't expect "stunning" performance and prepare for (almost) hourly crashes and/or messed-up graphics.

Get a new drive, they aren't THAT expensive nowadays... dozingoff.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users