Unfair

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
59 replies to this topic
street454
  • street454

S.A. for Xbox: it's here!

• Members

Posted 28 March 2005 - 06:31 AM

I think us PC and Xbox owner should get upgrade if we have to wait 'til June, although I'd rather Rockstar release it now with very minor upgrades than more time-consuming upgrades and have it released in June.

Only about 2 more months dozingoff.gif

Moltar
  • Moltar

I'm thinking Arbys!

• Members

Posted 28 March 2005 - 06:32 AM

QUOTE (akira @ Mar 26 2005, 14:13)
pc and xbox version are just getting improved graphics, improved draw distance etc. nothing to get excited about, they aren't getting fu˛ck all new, I'm not bothered about graphics or draw distance, ps2's s˛hit is fine for me gosh and I don't need any modding crap or mp3 player handling crap because my pc is only 4 feet away from my ps2 so i can listen to any mp3 on here, and my cheat device keeps me occupied with san andreas

Mods, my friend, mods. You may not be excited by us getting better graphics but you will be jealous when somebody makes a skin to make CJ naked a penis capable of smiting Ron Jeremy. But seriously, There will be some bitchin' mods for it.

PS: Nice use of the F word
????"they aren't getting fu˛ck all new"????

tombcatz
  • tombcatz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 March 2005 - 01:42 PM

oh shut the f**k up.
isnt it fair?its not fair that the PC version was delayed for a whole year....
unlike you,the PS2 owners,we have to suffer quietly untill it comes out.
the PS2 is a crappy machine,it couldnt hold much more than what GTA:SA had to offer....

and anyway,what is not faur?that there are graphical improovments?that we can add MP3 songs just like all the previous GTA games?what did you expect?that the PC version will feature the PS2`s crappy graphics?

i knew its going to happen-those PS2 fans will have fun with the game,laugth at the pc owners who dont have the game,and once it comes out for pc-they cry "why did you add more features"

FFS.

tombcatz
  • tombcatz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 March 2005 - 01:52 PM Edited by tombcatz, 28 March 2005 - 02:06 PM.

QUOTE (Bombjack @ Mar 28 2005, 01:01)
The PS2 graphics are just fine, i dont know what your problem is....

no dude,the PS2 graphics suck...
wanna see good graphics?
look at these screenshots: [i took those screenshots....]

screenie1

screenie2

screenie3

screenie4

screenie 5

screenie 6

screenie 7

screenie 8

screenie 9

akira
  • akira

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 March 2005 - 02:47 PM Edited by akira, 28 March 2005 - 02:51 PM.

big deal, pc and xbox's graphics are better, no one will really give a sh*t when the ps3 comes out and when rockstar release a new gta game for the ps3, at least then there will be non of that pc nerd turd vs console graphics bullsh*t

Morty.
  • Morty.

-Norwegian Psycho-

• Members

Posted 28 March 2005 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE (akira @ Mar 28 2005, 15:47)
big deal, pc and xbox's graphics are better, no one will really give a sh*t when the ps3 comes out and when rockstar release a new gta game for the ps3, at least then there will be non of that pc nerd turd vs console graphics bullsh*t

Well, PCs are getting more powerful each month, so that discussion will never end. But GTA has always been (and will always be) meant for PC. Sure, it's released for PS2 first, but that's just to find the bugs. So when the PC version is done, it'll be close to a perfect game... That's the thought that has made it possible for me to wait for the PC verson, without buying a PS2... tounge.gif

akira
  • akira

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 March 2005 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE (Morty84 @ Mar 28 2005, 16:53)
QUOTE (akira @ Mar 28 2005, 15:47)

Well, PCs are getting more powerful each month, so that discussion will never end. But GTA has always been (and will always be) meant for PC. Sure, it's released for PS2 first, but that's just to find the bugs. So when the PC version is done, it'll be close to a perfect game... That's the thought that has made it possible for me to wait for the PC verson, without buying a PS2... tounge.gif

what ever boosts you're ego

street454
  • street454

S.A. for Xbox: it's here!

• Members

Posted 28 March 2005 - 06:54 PM

Even if R* did try to improve the PS2, they would mostly fix the glicthes cause PS2 can't handle the same thing the Xbox and PC can.

bob the noob
  • bob the noob

Hatesu

• Members

Posted 28 March 2005 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (akira @ Mar 28 2005, 14:47)

ps3 will just be a cut down cookie cutter computer just like every other colsole out there ... consoles only exsist because people were afraid of computers... it gave companys a way to make more money any idoit can plug in a console and pop in a game (course computer are much tha same now a days) ... i will admite when ps2 came out it was giving computers a run for the money(graphics and speed) at the time but that was soon surpased and computer were and are in the clear lead in many aspects.... the ONLY place a console will ever beat a PC is in the price department ... again they may come close at times even leaping to new technology before the PCs do but in the end PCs are faster at evoluving...

this of course is just my opinion =)

PresidentKiller
  • PresidentKiller

Anger Manager

• The Connection
  • Mexico

Posted 29 March 2005 - 06:26 AM

QUOTE (bob the noob @ Mar 28 2005, 16:15)
the ONLY place a console will ever beat a PC is in the price department ...

[offtopic]

When the PS2 was on pre-sale around here, it costed almost the same as a brand new computer (not really "top of the line", but it was a goddamned computer!)... confused.gif

[/offtopic]

blue_steel
  • blue_steel

Captain Unlimited

• Members

Posted 29 March 2005 - 06:43 AM

QUOTE (tommy vercetti guy @ Mar 26 2005, 15:17)
XBOX
- better graphics, thats all

PC
- 30 second replay
- manual aim
- better graphics
- all the other extra things that were in the PC version of VC

but dont worry, there wont be extra cars or modifacations and a bigger map

well i got xbox, hehe and i think that nothing great is gonna change. except the graphics and the custom soundtrack. so stop your crying!!!

riahc3
  • riahc3

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 March 2005 - 12:06 PM

XBOX

PC
- 30 second replay
- manual aim
- better graphics

(I own a Xbox and a PC)

You can manual aim on PS2 as well...

PC and Xbox version will be the same. MP3s, better graphics, replay, ect....Just modding on the Xbox is more difficult then on the PC. PS2 also can be modded but its even harder.

HKB
  • HKB

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 March 2005 - 06:03 PM

In my eys the problem is that the PS2 compared to the PC is sh*t... it's old rubbish, it's dead die2.gif ... So R* had to cut allot off the game to make it work on the PS2... so they are not adding new things on... they are just giving us the full game they did make... intead of the half PS2 game...

rahkstar2.gif

I don't wanna step on all of the PS2 players but i think that GTA: SA is to good to the PS2... But as an PC player i love that R* give us PC players the whole game......

rahkstar2.gif rahkstar2.gif rahkstar2.gif rahkstar2.gif

akira
  • akira

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 April 2005 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (HKB @ Mar 29 2005, 18:03)
In my eys the problem is that the PS2 compared to the PC is sh*t... it's old rubbish, it's dead die2.gif ... So R* had to cut allot off the game to make it work on the PS2... so they are not adding new things on... they are just giving us the full game they did make... intead of the half PS2 game...

rahkstar2.gif

I don't wanna step on all of the PS2 players but i think that GTA: SA is to good to the PS2... But as an PC player i love that R* give us PC players the whole game......

rahkstar2.gif rahkstar2.gif rahkstar2.gif rahkstar2.gif

you aren't getting anything new except improved graphics, draw distance so na na boo boo to you

powerchord
  • powerchord

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 04 April 2005 - 07:07 PM

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Get all 3 consoles and a gaming PC! problem solved. GTA is for grown ups, not kiddies, and grown ups who work and aren't lazy louts can afford it.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 05 April 2005 - 02:28 AM

QUOTE (riahc3 @ Mar 29 2005, 21:36)
XBOX

PC
- 30 second replay
- manual aim
- better graphics

(I own a Xbox and a PC)

You can manual aim on PS2 as well...

PC and Xbox version will be the same. MP3s, better graphics, replay, ect....Just modding on the Xbox is more difficult then on the PC. PS2 also can be modded but its even harder.

Eh no the PC has superior graphics to xbox no matter which way you look at it.

powerchord
  • powerchord

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 April 2005 - 07:06 PM

Graphics:

PC >>>>>>>>>>>> Xbox >>PS2

matheson030
  • matheson030

Dolt

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 April 2005 - 02:31 AM

If nothing was added there would be nothing to persuade PC gamers to buy the game.

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci

Posted 06 April 2005 - 04:29 AM

Eh? The game isn't awesome enough?

We've only been given ports of the last two games, so anything above and beyond a straight port is an 'added feature'. The upgraded graphics alone gives PC users an incentive, even excluding all the features that were already present in the PS2 version.

Rockstar don't NEED to add anything for the PC version to sell. However, out of the kindess of their hearts (and thoughts of extra customers due to the impressive additions) they're giving us far more than what the last two games offered us. I'm happy as it is.

Fredulator
  • Fredulator

I see you

• Members

Posted 12 April 2005 - 04:11 PM Edited by Fredulator, 12 April 2005 - 04:13 PM.

how can you complain you bourght the game, got a great game OK?

For the pc version they may add new stuff to help pursuade you to buy a new copy of the game, nothing wrong with that its business my friend.

For me No added features are needed. Better graphics is all i want.

murph_fan51
  • murph_fan51

GTA:SA PC- 7.6.05

• Members

Posted 13 April 2005 - 05:09 AM

I have barely played SA, but I also think improved graphics are all what we need. Maybe a few other little surprises would be good, but again I dont really know whats in the game already...

Sweets
  • Sweets

Pяopagaиda Iиc.

• Feroci
  • Unknown

Posted 13 April 2005 - 05:24 AM

QUOTE (odai @ Mar 26 2005, 02:32)
hi..i was reading all the news about the San Andreas on Pc...and i thought that its not fair that they add new things and change others...i have bought mine on ps2...and all the sudden they say we are adding new sh*t...thats Bs... what do u think? mad.gif

I think you're right, life isn't fair, good to learn it now.
I bought a 2000 nissan maxima, the next year for about the same price the 2001 maxima had like 40 more horsepower. It's a $30,000 car, you paid what for the game? Okay, yeah, I feel for you man.

I like the PS2 more than any other console. I hate PC games. But I don't think they should make crappy games for everyone else on the planet just because my favorite console is like ten years out of date. If you want it that bad have mommy and daddy buy you an XBOX, or upgrade your PC or whatever you need to do and by the damn game for the computer.

Or do what I did with the car, go on a forum and whine about how you think that you got robbed, because technology gets better as time passes.

murph_fan51
  • murph_fan51

GTA:SA PC- 7.6.05

• Members

Posted 16 April 2005 - 10:56 PM

Just remember, you (the PS2 players) get the game a lot earlier than everyone else. So with the PC and XBOX with added things which you think is unfair, that compensates for the 6 months wait.

But, IMO, with the much better graphics and performance in the PC version, its WELL WORTH THE WAIT!!! smile.gif

shokz
  • shokz

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 April 2005 - 05:31 AM Edited by shokz, 21 April 2005 - 05:56 AM.

QUOTE (odai @ Mar 26 2005, 06:32)
hi..i was reading all the news about the San Andreas on Pc...and i thought that its not fair that they  add new things and change others...i have bought mine on ps2...and all the sudden they say we are adding new sh*t...thats Bs...what do u think? mad.gif

Those with enough patience who choose to skip the PS2 version and wait for the PC/Xbox version of GTA San Andreas deserve a game that is graphically superior and has better frame-rates than its PS2 version (depending on specification). In my opinion we're all in the same boat. You get your PS2 game but you then find out that a better version is due out on PC or Xbox. Us PC gamers get our Graphics Cards and CPU's but then we learn just weeks or months later that ATI/Nvidia/AMD/Pentium and co are coming out with newer and better chips. As one fella above said, thats technology and it will only get better as time passes, and thats life mate.

cool.gif

Carl's Johnson
  • Carl's Johnson

Numa Numa

• Members

Posted 28 April 2005 - 01:53 AM

Probly the x-box version will hve more features,mor features = more money

Jwalant_Joshi17
  • Jwalant_Joshi17

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 April 2005 - 02:28 PM

No, the price will be the same.. $ 49.99

klingenm
  • klingenm

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 April 2005 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE (Jwalant_Joshi17 @ Apr 28 2005, 14:28)
No, the price will be the same.. $ 49.99

I dont think that was wath he ment.. More sales becos of the more features... Dont think there will be any more features tough..

Basti
  • Basti

Killerhamster

• Members

Posted 28 April 2005 - 07:52 PM

Hm, i don't think it's unfair, the PC gamers had to wait around 7 months, for that time they'll get some new features. wink.gif
I've got the PS2 game and will buy the PC game too. :]

Bag
  • Bag

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 April 2005 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE (odai @ Mar 26 2005, 06:32)
hi..i was reading all the news about the San Andreas on Pc...and i thought that its not fair that they add new things and change others...i have bought mine on ps2...and all the sudden they say we are adding new sh*t...thats Bs...what do u think? mad.gif

Well, after they release its called getting "new ideas" so of course to improve gameplay and get more money, they add these "new ideas"

davew2040
  • davew2040

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 April 2005 - 09:11 PM

Boy, I sure wish people would stop responding to this thread. It was idiotic when it started, and it's idiotic now, and furthermore all the responses are basically the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users