• Kraxxuz

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 02 April 2005 - 06:07 AM

QUOTE (GRIM! @ Apr 2 2005, 10:35)
QUOTE (kraxxuz @ Apr 1 2005, 23:40)
excellent work though the buttstock looks to have too many lines tounge.gif

it wont be notisted in game

I am aware of that, but it will show in-game maybe not visually but at the FPS ( frames per second) might drop with too many pollies

GRIM!
  • GRIM!

Blue prints is for pussys!

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 April 2005 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE (kraxxuz @ Apr 2 2005, 06:07)
QUOTE (GRIM! @ Apr 2 2005, 10:35)
QUOTE (kraxxuz @ Apr 1 2005, 23:40)
excellent work though the buttstock looks to have too many lines tounge.gif

it wont be notisted in game

I am aware of that, but it will show in-game maybe not visually but at the FPS ( frames per second) might drop with too many pollies

nag the game can handle it

Silent Viper
  • Silent Viper

Gunbanging Gundealer

• Members

Posted 02 April 2005 - 01:26 PM

it can handle one or two,maybe three at once,but there is other stuff and in Summer I dont want a that hot graphics card as I only have one window which is covered by a towel,either I put the towel up and am sunflooded because the monitor is in front of the window with its backside pointing to it or I let the towel down and its getting hot in here.

Also its a principe,so what if you model for a movie and it takes days to render a scene,would you waste unnecesary polys to need it take longer to render ?
Especially when those extra Polys have no effect,ok,on the AK stock I agree,its not that much of a problem,but the P90 was just pure waste,aswell as the front side of the AK (forearm,barrel,front of reciever)

As I've already told you,you should change your software and atleast way of modeling according to the tutorial to make a hipoly-ak that has about 2000 less polys then yours but about 500% more detail and is 500% more exact clone of an AK and you can even aim tru the sights,the mag has its own hole,the ejector can be moved backwards and the magrealease in front of the trigger guard,aswell as a button next to the sight is all there,plus are the screws more spehere like and less like a flat cylinder.

GRIM!
  • GRIM!

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 April 2005 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE (Silent Viper @ Apr 2 2005, 13:26)
it can handle one or two,maybe three at once,but there is other stuff and in Summer I dont want a that hot graphics card as I only have one window which is covered by a towel,either I put the towel up and am sunflooded because the monitor is in front of the window with its backside pointing to it or I let the towel down and its getting hot in here.

Also its a principe,so what if you model for a movie and it takes days to render a scene,would you waste unnecesary polys to need it take longer to render ?
Especially when those extra Polys have no effect,ok,on the AK stock I agree,its not that much of a problem,but the P90 was just pure waste,aswell as the front side of the AK (forearm,barrel,front of reciever)

As I've already told you,you should change your software and atleast way of modeling according to the tutorial to make a hipoly-ak that has about 2000 less polys then yours but about 500% more detail and is 500% more exact clone of an AK and you can even aim tru the sights,the mag has its own hole,the ejector can be moved backwards and the magrealease in front of the trigger guard,aswell as a button next to the sight is all there,plus are the screws more spehere like and less like a flat cylinder.

The other program is to hard sketchup makes it easy!
my pc runs fine with high poly stuff i dont care if you got a bad pc thats aint my problem...

Silent Viper
  • Silent Viper

Gunbanging Gundealer

• Members

Posted 02 April 2005 - 07:06 PM

I aint have a bad PC,its just the principe,you have BAD modelling skills,thats what every pro will tell you,also is it against the principe,you waste polys on places where you wont notice them

GRIM!
  • GRIM!

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 April 2005 - 07:34 PM

QUOTE (Silent Viper @ Apr 2 2005, 19:06)
I aint have a bad PC,its just the principe,you have BAD modelling skills,thats what every pro will tell you,also is it against the principe,you waste polys on places where you wont notice them

yaeah yeah but i have model for a week now and you have modeled in like 2-3 years.. and i bet tha youre first models didint look like mine wink.gif

Silent Viper
  • Silent Viper

Gunbanging Gundealer

• Members

Posted 02 April 2005 - 07:57 PM

yeah,they didnt look as good,but because for 2 years of those 3 I modeled 256-Vertic objects (NO more then 256 vertics,mostly even below because the guns needed hands which were directly attached to the model and so in combination with the gun had to be lower then the 256-vertic limit,with your modelling skills you wouldnt even get to close to what I did wink.gif
and my modeling skills were all a lot better cause I made poly per poly on low poly,just the models were worse wink.gif

vnum218
  • vnum218

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 April 2005 - 06:05 AM

@Silent Viper, Grim!:
You both have bigger balls. Now the f*cking stupid argument is settled.

Czar Nick
  • Czar Nick

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 April 2005 - 05:59 PM

Hehe, I think for the average Joe like me, as long as the weapon model

A) looks good in game
B) and is actually available for download

then it's a super model!

GRIM!
  • GRIM!

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 April 2005 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE (Czar Nick @ Apr 3 2005, 17:59)
Hehe, I think for the average Joe like me, as long as the weapon model

A) looks good in game
B) and is actually available for download

then it's a super model!

i think that too, but silent viper is just whining about the polys but i dont give a damn! tounge.gif

CFX
  • CFX

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 April 2005 - 12:54 PM

Hey there Grim,
I think Silent Viper's first intention was to offer you some useful advice, but it looks like it turned into a bit of an argument. That kind of thing seems to happen alot in forums. I don't want to get into any kind of battle with you, but I do have to agree with Silent Viper that polygon count is still important in video games. Of course Rockstar kept the polygon count fairly low for GTA3 through GTA SA because they were designed for Playstation2. And of course we all know that even a midrange computer today can pump alot more polygons than the PS2, but let's look at the high end games that are out today.
I don't know if you've seen the game Half-Life 2 or even Doom3, but the characters in those games have about 5000-6000 polygons when you get up close to them. When you're standing farther away from them, a different model is loaded with a lower polygon count (around 1500 polygons), since you wouldn't see the fine details from far away anyway. Now, we're talking about 5-6k polygons for what resembles a highly detailed human being, with all five fingers, wrinkles in their clothing, and so on.
In contrast, the characters in GTA have drastically less detail on them. for example, I'm sure you've noticed that they definitely don't have all 5 fingers, even when you get up close to them. I don't know the exact polygon count, but it's probably somewhere around 2000 polygons per character in GTA SA.

The guns you made look fantastic. I would use them if I wanted to make really nice high resolution renderings, much like you've done here to showcase your work. But even on the fastest computers out there, I would be hesitant to use those models 'in-game'. Sure, when it is just Tommy V. or Carl Johnson holding the weapon and popping innocent civillians, 5000 polyguns spent on a gun probably won't slow things down. But when I go up against a rival gang, and they've got ten or fifteen guys on there side, all of them carrying guns or even that awesome looking baseball bat you made, well now we're talking about 50,000 polyguns being calculated for just the weapons. That might not slow you're computer to a crawl, but it will definitely cause a performance hit.

Between Guns, Human Characters, Buildings and Cars, I would probably guess that cars and humans are meant to have the highest polygon count in a game, and then, depending on the complexity, a building probably has a slightly higher polygon count than a nicely detailed gun.

If you went on to make a model of a car or a human the way you've made your guns, then we're definitely looking at a game that slows to a crawl the moment you find yourself at a busy intersection, or among a crowd of people.

Again, I don't mean to insult your work. I think the guns LOOK incredible. And I think it's clear that you're catching onto modelling in a way alot of people only wish that they could, but I would strongly recommend that you begin to focus on ways to bring those polygon counts down to maybe even 1000. At 5000, you may want to try getting them in game and seeing what happens when you have alot of those weapons on the screen at once.
Keep up the great work.

GRIM!
  • GRIM!

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 April 2005 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE (CFX @ Apr 4 2005, 12:54)
Hey there Grim,
I think Silent Viper's first intention was to offer you some useful advice, but it looks like it turned into a bit of an argument. That kind of thing seems to happen alot in forums. I don't want to get into any kind of battle with you, but I do have to agree with Silent Viper that polygon count is still important in video games. Of course Rockstar kept the polygon count fairly low for GTA3 through GTA SA because they were designed for Playstation2. And of course we all know that even a midrange computer today can pump alot more polygons than the PS2, but let's look at the high end games that are out today.
I don't know if you've seen the game Half-Life 2 or even Doom3, but the characters in those games have about 5000-6000 polygons when you get up close to them. When you're standing farther away from them, a different model is loaded with a lower polygon count (around 1500 polygons), since you wouldn't see the fine details from far away anyway. Now, we're talking about 5-6k polygons for what resembles a highly detailed human being, with all five fingers, wrinkles in their clothing, and so on.
In contrast, the characters in GTA have drastically less detail on them. for example, I'm sure you've noticed that they definitely don't have all 5 fingers, even when you get up close to them. I don't know the exact polygon count, but it's probably somewhere around 2000 polygons per character in GTA SA.

The guns you made look fantastic. I would use them if I wanted to make really nice high resolution renderings, much like you've done here to showcase your work. But even on the fastest computers out there, I would be hesitant to use those models 'in-game'. Sure, when it is just Tommy V. or Carl Johnson holding the weapon and popping innocent civillians, 5000 polyguns spent on a gun probably won't slow things down. But when I go up against a rival gang, and they've got ten or fifteen guys on there side, all of them carrying guns or even that awesome looking baseball bat you made, well now we're talking about 50,000 polyguns being calculated for just the weapons. That might not slow you're computer to a crawl, but it will definitely cause a performance hit.

Between Guns, Human Characters, Buildings and Cars, I would probably guess that cars and humans are meant to have the highest polygon count in a game, and then, depending on the complexity, a building probably has a slightly higher polygon count than a nicely detailed gun.

If you went on to make a model of a car or a human the way you've made your guns, then we're definitely looking at a game that slows to a crawl the moment you find yourself at a busy intersection, or among a crowd of people.

Again, I don't mean to insult your work. I think the guns LOOK incredible. And I think it's clear that you're catching onto modelling in a way alot of people only wish that they could, but I would strongly recommend that you begin to focus on ways to bring those polygon counts down to maybe even 1000. At 5000, you may want to try getting them in game and seeing what happens when you have alot of those weapons on the screen at once.
Keep up the great work.

Yeah but i cant make less polys in sketchup thats the point..

erm im to lazy to read the rewst of the part u write... sry

Silent Viper
  • Silent Viper

Gunbanging Gundealer

• Members

Posted 04 April 2005 - 03:14 PM

Finally someone understood what I ment.
And even if this might seem offensive,but now you said it yourself,sektchup is a bad modler for videogames,I can only suggest that you get Milkshape 3d for really good models,but it takes a lot of time to learn that modler,or zmod or metasequoia for some average models like I do them,and I gurantee,that meta is not only easier then sketchup,its also better for keeping polygone-count low and detail high

GRIM!
  • GRIM!

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 April 2005 - 02:54 PM

made som new stuff...

user posted image
user posted image

EricDraven_GTACrow
  • EricDraven_GTACrow

Jesus Christ Poltergeist

• Members

Posted 06 April 2005 - 06:57 PM

Hehe, real awesome f*cking guns. I'm really fond of the spas12 with the knife and the saw'n off without the scope, and the AK with the metal stock. They look real awesome! keep the awesomeness up lol.

GRIM!
  • GRIM!

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 April 2005 - 08:26 AM Edited by GRIM!, 10 April 2005 - 02:54 PM.

thx geres a automatic glock17 with long magazine for the matrix mod!
user posted image
(poly count less than 2400)

made a glock18 w rail aswell (poly count: 2604)
user posted image

user posted image

upsetting_pear
  • upsetting_pear

Trick

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 April 2005 - 07:22 AM

These are looking terrific, GRIM!. rah.gif . is the brassknuckles finished?

GRIM!
  • GRIM!

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 April 2005 - 11:10 AM Edited by GRIM!, 19 April 2005 - 11:13 AM.

Thx, yeah the brassknuckle is finiched its not much and i was kind of boored but here u go if want it m8!
DOWNLOAD (BRASSKNUCKLE) HERE!

btw heres some updates on my glock 17^^
user posted image

moore updates soon so stay tooned!

Im working on a new m11 with better detailing and less polys wink.gif
(screens soon)

upsetting_pear
  • upsetting_pear

Trick

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 April 2005 - 11:55 AM

Cul, looking forward to more updates.

EricDraven_GTACrow
  • EricDraven_GTACrow

Jesus Christ Poltergeist

• Members

Posted 19 April 2005 - 01:16 PM

Holy sh*t thats a good texture job on the glock! keep it up.

GRIM!
  • GRIM!

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 April 2005 - 02:45 PM

Thx, the texture job is by "urkas"

Heres some model updates!
Mac-10
user posted image (incomplete)

M4

user posted image

user posted image

and smg version
user posted image

upsetting_pear
  • upsetting_pear

Trick

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 April 2005 - 02:51 PM

Nice work on the M4, whats the poly count?

GRIM!
  • GRIM!

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 April 2005 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (Halljam @ Apr 19 2005, 14:51)

haha little funny it was on 4444 haha

upsetting_pear
  • upsetting_pear

Trick

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 April 2005 - 03:00 PM Edited by Halljam, 19 April 2005 - 03:11 PM.

haha little funny it was on 4444 haha

Still pretty gud. M-10 looking gud too.

user posted image

I like this gun but I dunno if it would look gud ingame...

GRIM!
  • GRIM!

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 April 2005 - 09:53 PM

Glock17 (completed) i got quite happy with the resaults ^^
user posted image

(DOWNLOAD avalible soon!)

upsetting_pear
  • upsetting_pear

Trick

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 April 2005 - 01:33 AM

I thougt u were gonna put a extra clip on the glock17? Or is that only for the matrix mod? Still it looks awesome.

GRIM!
  • GRIM!

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 April 2005 - 07:44 AM

QUOTE (Halljam @ Apr 20 2005, 01:33)
I thougt u were gonna put a extra clip on the glock17? Or is that only for the matrix mod? Still it looks awesome.

it wassent a extra clip it was a extanshied magazine and yes that was only for the matrix mod...

Apex'i
  • Apex'i

people still live in dreams

• Members

Posted 20 April 2005 - 07:59 AM

@Grim: trie doing that uper side silver, i once sow glock 19 like that!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users