U.S. PSP Release

124 replies to this topic
Xyphere
  • Xyphere

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 March 2005 - 05:15 AM

QUOTE (Hobbes27 @ Mar 28 2005, 04:37)

Amazon.com has added its first batch of UMD movies for the PSP. The online retailer currently has five movies — four of which are priced at only $13.97. These low-priced UMDs include: "Hellboy (Director's Cut)," "Resident Evil: Apocalypse," "XXX," and "Once Upon A Time In Mexico." Amazon is selling the fifth UMD movie, "House of Flying Daggers," for $20.97. If retailers are able to keep prices below $15, expect sales of UMD movies to soar this year.

Who else here is as happy as I am here?

Pissed my pants... and proceeding to the bathroom...

now.

Kuiosikle
  • Kuiosikle

Who?

• Members

Posted 28 March 2005 - 05:33 AM Edited by Kuiosikle, 28 March 2005 - 05:35 AM.

Thats some damn good news. But I'm still going to look in to getting atleast a 512 memstick so I can just transfer my own movies.

Mark Pagliaro
  • Mark Pagliaro

Minutes To Midnight

• Members

Posted 28 March 2005 - 12:10 PM

I am buying a 1 gb card doubt I'll be buying UMD Movies.

Hobbes27
  • Hobbes27

Jew

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 28 March 2005 - 05:30 PM

In accordnince to this, playstation has to halt all there sales, which inludes the PSP. PSP uses the joystick, which was part of the dualshock, in which sony got sued by. I need to get a PSP. NOW.

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 28 March 2005 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE (Hunter¥ @ Mar 27 2005, 18:23)
I have a huge problem. When I connect my PSP to the PC via USB, the "removable disk" drive doesn't appear. omgwtfhelp

Pics of web browser are here.

Go to the leftmost setting, scroll up to USB connection. Push X, and your PSP will go into USB mode. All sony devices have to do that, for some reason.

Hunter¥
  • Hunter¥

• Members

Posted 28 March 2005 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE (anuj @ Mar 28 2005, 10:58)
I have a huge problem. When I connect my PSP to the PC via USB, the "removable disk" drive doesn't appear. omgwtfhelp

Go to the leftmost setting, scroll up to USB connection. Push X, and your PSP will go into USB mode. All sony devices have to do that, for some reason.

Yeah, I've tried that. I'm running 98 so I find I need a driver. Goddamn.

Btw, nuj, have you played Lumines?

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 29 March 2005 - 02:18 AM

QUOTE (Hunter¥ @ Mar 28 2005, 14:01)
QUOTE (anuj @ Mar 28 2005, 10:58)

Yeah, I've tried that. I'm running 98 so I find I need a driver. Goddamn.

Btw, nuj, have you played Lumines?

I have been playing Lumines nonstop since Thursday. I barely peeled myself away to try MGA and Twisted Metal.

That game OWNS.

JSAN ANDREAS
  • JSAN ANDREAS

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 March 2005 - 02:19 AM

Yes! I got it today! I love it! Best thing I Ever bought this year.

I'm complete. rah.gif

I got Twisted Metal:Head On and Spiderman-2 the movie.

Hunter¥
  • Hunter¥

• Members

Posted 29 March 2005 - 02:52 AM

@anuj, not one place in town has it. This being Canada we have to load the shelves with all the hockey games and the ones with nice covers first before we get anything decent.

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 29 March 2005 - 05:14 AM

QUOTE (Hunter¥ @ Mar 28 2005, 20:52)
@anuj, not one place in town has it. This being Canada we have to load the shelves with all the hockey games and the ones with nice covers first before we get anything decent.

Lumines is definitely one of the best launch games. I played MG: Acid, and TM: Head On, but Lumines kills them in terms of pick up and play.

It's MIND BENDING how awesome it is.

sniper_in_shadows
  • sniper_in_shadows

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 March 2005 - 06:23 AM Edited by sniper_in_shadows, 29 March 2005 - 06:27 AM.

QUOTE (Hobbes27 @ Mar 28 2005, 17:30)
In accordnince to  this, playstation has to halt all there sales, which inludes the PSP. PSP uses the joystick, which was part of the dualshock, in which sony got sued by. I need to get a PSP. NOW.

wow.gif WAIT!
I heard about the lawsuit
thay also demanded sony stop selling gta:III
AND gta:VC

NOW thay have to stop selling PSP, please some one prove him wrong!!! sad.gif
no psp cryani.gif

read this:
Since 2002, Immersion Corporation (manufacturers of vibrating gaming technology) have been fighting Sony Computer Entertainment through the courts, arguing that Sony's Dual Shock controllers infringe on patents filed by Immersion before Dual Shock was sold for the first time.

The order, from a California court, forces Sony to pay $90.7Million directly to Immersion for patent infringement. This comes only a few months after a Federal court awarded $82Million in Immersion's favour in September 2004.

However, this time Immersion have won an even greater battle. An injunction is now in force which prevents sales of Dual Shock Controllers (and the Playstation consoles they are bundled with) and around 40 software products including Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City in the United States.

The injunction is withheld while Sony appeals against it. Sony can continue to sell these products while a court is considering their appeal.

Hunter¥
  • Hunter¥

• Members

Posted 29 March 2005 - 06:31 AM

Look what I found:

Nintendo DS:

user posted image

PSP:

user posted image

sniper_in_shadows
  • sniper_in_shadows

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 March 2005 - 06:34 AM

WOW.....THAT LOOKS LIKE CRAP!
ridgeracers looks way better than that hunk of hot crap!

(i didnt mean to offend anyone but you have to admit, that is crap sly.gif )

TOGA62
  • TOGA62

The Prophecy

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 29 March 2005 - 07:45 AM

arg im so mad. This thing is a geeks dream. What with everything you can do to "mod" it right off the bat. Like the internet, movies, games! ARG! I need one. God I wish I had 300 bucks to spend on this thing. blah. Maybe I can work enough to earn some extra cash and buy one haha. Otherwise I just have to wait for people ti sign up and refer for me and my freepsp thing. arg! I hate waiting! cryani.gif

Thorpe
  • Thorpe

Luke

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 March 2005 - 11:32 AM

When you compare the DS to PSP screenshots look what you get! I am so gutted because I couldn't wait for a PSP so I got a DS. Now, I will have to wait until Christmas because I got a Nintendo DS.

Knightmare
  • Knightmare

man tongues

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 29 March 2005 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE (Thorpe @ Mar 29 2005, 05:32)
When you compare the DS to PSP screenshots look what you get! I am so gutted because I couldn't wait for a PSP so I got a DS. Now, I will have to wait until Christmas because I got a Nintendo DS.

Or just get a job...even at minimum wage you could have one in a month.

Thorpe
  • Thorpe

Luke

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 March 2005 - 05:14 PM

What? As a paper boy? mad.gif

Hobbes27
  • Hobbes27

Jew

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 29 March 2005 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (sniper_in_shadows @ Mar 29 2005, 01:23)
QUOTE (Hobbes27 @ Mar 28 2005, 17:30)
In accordnince to  this, playstation has to halt all there sales, which inludes the PSP. PSP uses the joystick, which was part of the dualshock, in which sony got sued by. I need to get a PSP. NOW.

wow.gif WAIT!
I heard about the lawsuit
thay also demanded sony stop selling gta:III
AND gta:VC

NOW thay have to stop selling PSP, please some one prove him wrong!!! sad.gif
no psp cryani.gif

read this:
Since 2002, Immersion Corporation (manufacturers of vibrating gaming technology) have been fighting Sony Computer Entertainment through the courts, arguing that Sony's Dual Shock controllers infringe on patents filed by Immersion before Dual Shock was sold for the first time.

The order, from a California court, forces Sony to pay $90.7Million directly to Immersion for patent infringement. This comes only a few months after a Federal court awarded $82Million in Immersion's favour in September 2004.

However, this time Immersion have won an even greater battle. An injunction is now in force which prevents sales of Dual Shock Controllers (and the Playstation consoles they are bundled with) and around 40 software products including Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City in the United States.

The injunction is withheld while Sony appeals against it. Sony can continue to sell these products while a court is considering their appeal.

Hey man, don't worry. This article in my local newspaper stated that the appeal will at least take 12 months to process, and 18 months at most. But if thats the case, that falls in line when Sony was probably going to release the PS3, so I bet they are moving their asses to get finished with that, and probably pulling an EA, not paying employees for overtime. dontgetit.gif

Thorpe
  • Thorpe

Luke

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 March 2005 - 08:28 PM

Yikes! $90+ to pay out if they lose. Not so good now. confused.gif

QuikSilvr
  • QuikSilvr

shut the f*ck up

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 March 2005 - 09:14 PM

I'm going to apply for a job soon and get lots of money for PSP. if it gets banned, then it will be worth a lot on Ebay in a few years. If i make enough money i'll buy 2.. maybe

sniper_in_shadows
  • sniper_in_shadows

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 March 2005 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (Hobbes27 @ Mar 29 2005, 19:32)

Hey man, don't worry. This article in my local newspaper stated that the appeal will at least take 12 months to process, and 18 months at most. But if thats the case, that falls in line when Sony was probably going to release the PS3, so I bet they are moving their asses to get finished with that, and probably pulling an EA, not paying employees for overtime. dontgetit.gif

but if thay rush to finish the PS3 thay will proble leave out some stuff in all the hurry.
man i hope that this company that filed the lawsuit looses alot in its worth and nasdaq!!!
sh*t pisses me off mad.gif angry.gif

JSAN ANDREAS
  • JSAN ANDREAS

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 March 2005 - 09:28 PM

LMAO! Just saw those pics from Hunter.

I can't believe the DS sucks that bad. Good thing I waited for the PSP. I wasn't even planning to buy the DS.

Question: What's the motto for PSP? I know the DS is "Touching is gay..good."

What's the PSP's? If there is one, I definitely know it is better than DS's. lol.gif

sniper_in_shadows
  • sniper_in_shadows

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 March 2005 - 09:33 PM

"PSP:DS has just got OWNED!!"

Thorpe
  • Thorpe

Luke

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 March 2005 - 10:20 PM

I don't think the PSP has a line.

Hunter¥
  • Hunter¥

• Members

Posted 29 March 2005 - 10:27 PM Edited by Hunter¥, 29 March 2005 - 10:33 PM.

QUOTE (Thorpe @ Mar 29 2005, 15:20)
I don't think the PSP has a line.

Of games? You're nuts. Nevermind. I'm an idiot.

Thorpe
  • Thorpe

Luke

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 March 2005 - 10:32 PM

No, a whatdyamacallit thing. The Nintendo DS is: Touching is good but I don't think there is one for the PSP.

CJ's other brother
  • CJ's other brother

^^Jaguar Select Super V8

• Members

Posted 29 March 2005 - 10:34 PM

I dont think im going to get the psp. Im not really in to handhelds and its too much money right now. Quite frankly i dont really want to spend 250 on the psp when i can buy other sh*t.-CJOB

turbosax05
  • turbosax05

Simply Me

• Members

Posted 29 March 2005 - 10:54 PM

My parents were goin to go one for me, they thought it was poorly made, asin it wouldnt survive a 1 ft drop, and when they talked to the people at Best Buy, the ppl there thought the same cuz they broke 2 while gettin them up for sale.

Can anyone cofirm or deny.

sniper_in_shadows
  • sniper_in_shadows

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 March 2005 - 10:59 PM

????
from what i was able to de-code, the psp broke will he was getting it for you?
well the psp is fradgile(spelling?) but that is just pushing it.

turbosax05
  • turbosax05

Simply Me

• Members

Posted 29 March 2005 - 11:15 PM

NO NO NO

i will reexplain

My parents went to Best Buy to take a look at a PSP, for my b-day. They thought it looked poorly made, asin it would not survive a measly 1 ft drop.

The ppl @ Best Buy said that they had broken a couple as well when they were putting them on the shelves to be sold. Confimin what my parents thought.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users