Photo

U.S. PSP Release

124 replies to this topic
Xyphere
  • Xyphere

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 March 2005 - 06:57 AM

I've got 1 dead pixel. It's not that big of a deal, but it is mildly irritating. I should be thankful since I only have 1 though...

Sweets
  • Sweets

Pяopagaиda Iиc.

• Feroci Racing
  • Unknown

Posted 26 March 2005 - 11:58 AM

Just an article I read today, no biggie.
user posted image
user posted image

Thought someone might find it interesting.

Thorpe
  • Thorpe

Luke

• Members

Posted 26 March 2005 - 01:19 PM

I'm sure that town does not like games.

YoYo-Pete
  • YoYo-Pete

Stand Strong!

• Members

Posted 26 March 2005 - 07:50 PM

I have about 3-5 dead pixels (they stay white) near the lower left side... Where it says loading in the Spiderman 2 game..

I got the extended warrenty at best buy and they said I can bring it in and swap it for a new one, no problem.

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

EZ5

• United-States

Posted 26 March 2005 - 08:02 PM

Heres a funny story relating to the PSP while I was around electronics some kid wanted the "need for speed game" for PSP thinking it was a new PS2 game. It was so funny when he cussed his way out of the store. Other than that I think the price is kinda too much. it really shouldnt exceed the PS2 which is priced at around 200 bucks.

Kuiosikle
  • Kuiosikle

Who?

• Members

Posted 26 March 2005 - 08:29 PM

No dead pixles here. I just got mine. Only one game though, Twisted Metal: Head On, as they were sold out of everything else. Still it's a pretty cool game.

Thorpe
  • Thorpe

Luke

• Members

Posted 26 March 2005 - 09:01 PM

What game was you intending to buy if the store had it in stock?

Kuiosikle
  • Kuiosikle

Who?

• Members

Posted 26 March 2005 - 11:11 PM

Ridge Racer and Meat Gear AC!D.

Hunter¥
  • Hunter¥

• Members

Posted 27 March 2005 - 02:40 AM Edited by Hunter¥, 27 March 2005 - 02:44 AM.

I love this thing. inlove.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Fact: PSP > DS

Edit: For sh*ts and giggles:

user posted image

Haha. He blinked.

iamdigitalman
  • iamdigitalman

Going back to my roots...

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 27 March 2005 - 02:51 AM

THERE IS A PSP WEB BROWSER!! I was just sufin around, and I found this on hackaday.com. according to them, you can haxor into Wipeout Pure, which comes with a web browser to download updates, and it can display any webpage, with a little trickery. I'm just waiting for someone to come out with a PSP version of Mozilla and/or Mozilla Firefox, so long as they don't take up too much space on the Memory Stick DUO.

Also, has anyone seen the PSP's TV spot? it's very nice, but I dont like the mirror. the GIST of the ad is there is a PSP with a camera in it, and it is "watching" as people use it. at the begining of the ad, they show some Japanese woman putting it in the box, with it "watching" her. a bit creapy. then at the end, they show the logo that is on the back of the PSP unit, which I think is very sexy, with it's bruched metal (possibly aliminium.) If you want toisee it, look on MTV. they play it at almost every commercial break. I'm gonna see if somebody can put it on the net, so ppl without cable,sattelite can see it. AMF 4ever. -digital wink.gif

Hobbes27
  • Hobbes27

Jew

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 27 March 2005 - 03:02 AM

Thank you, thank you very much. Now, I will pick up Wipeout pure and my PSP sonon. I want it now.

Hunter¥
  • Hunter¥

• Members

Posted 27 March 2005 - 03:03 AM

QUOTE (iamdigitalman @ Mar 26 2005, 19:51)
THERE IS A PSP WEB BROWSER!! I was just sufin around, and I found this on hackaday.com. according to them, you can haxor into Wipeout Pure, which comes with a web browser to download updates, and it can display any webpage, with a little trickery. I'm just waiting for someone to come out with a PSP version of Mozilla and/or Mozilla Firefox, so long as they don't take up too much space on the Memory Stick DUO.

HOLY F*CKING MOTHER OF SH*T

iamdigitalman
  • iamdigitalman

Going back to my roots...

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 27 March 2005 - 03:09 AM

ok, after further research, there was going to be an offical web browser for the PSP released in an update, along with an e-mail client, but someone warezed it, posted it on the internet, making a bunch of people f*ck up there PSP's because it was incomplete, and caused the system to be sent back to sony. so Sony went back to the drawing board, because the offica release was SUPPOSED to be before the US launch. browsing was going to be easy, because the analog nub and 2 buttons would be the cursor/"mouse", and there was going to be a USB keyboard attachment. That is why there are 2 gold contacts on the right and left side of the USB port. just my 2 cent. also, there are 2 unknown gold contacts behind the DC input, but for what? chaging base? that would be kick ass. AMF 4ever. -digital wink.gif

Kuiosikle
  • Kuiosikle

Who?

• Members

Posted 27 March 2005 - 03:19 AM Edited by Kuiosikle, 27 March 2005 - 04:14 AM.

QUOTE (iamdigitalman @ Mar 26 2005, 22:09)
charging base? that would be kick ass.

There already is one, 3rd party tough, here.

I thought that comerical was cool too. I'll capture and upload it if i see it on again.

As for the web browser, I'm going to have to buy Wipeout pure now. Or wait untill someone makes a stand alone borwser,...or Sony releases it. Either way, good find.

Xyphere
  • Xyphere

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 March 2005 - 03:33 AM

How are you guys with Dead pixels? I was thinking about trading this PSP in for one and try ithem out until I found a "good" one, but I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Hunter¥
  • Hunter¥

• Members

Posted 27 March 2005 - 03:44 AM

QUOTE (Xyphere @ Mar 26 2005, 20:33)
How are you guys with Dead pixels? I was thinking about trading this PSP in for one and try ithem out until I found a "good" one, but I'm not sure if it's worth it.

I didn't get any. Having bad luck?

Xyphere
  • Xyphere

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 March 2005 - 04:05 AM

QUOTE (Hunter¥ @ Mar 27 2005, 03:44)

I didn't get any. Having bad luck?

Like I said, I have A dead pixel, but it is seriously bugging the hell out of me. I know that a lot of TVs have them, but when you're holding it so close, you tend to notice it a lot more. I have read however, that some pixels will "come back" to life if you just keep playing.

Kuiosikle
  • Kuiosikle

Who?

• Members

Posted 27 March 2005 - 04:08 AM

Damn that sucks, no dead pixels here.

Oh, BTW here it is:

PSP Ad March 2005 Enjoy.

JulioCaesar
  • JulioCaesar

I rock your cock.

• Members

Posted 27 March 2005 - 04:10 AM Edited by JulioCaesar, 27 March 2005 - 04:13 AM.

I'll probably hold out on buying one, hoping the price will drop, I'll get too anxious, and by a month or two from now I"ll buy one, even though I've only got a $1000 in the bank and on the pay I'm getting spening $300 is like buying a car for me. sigh.gif

EDIT: Also, I wanna try and wait out because you just know Sony is gonna release a better PSP in a few months thats gonna be way more reliable than the current one.

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 27 March 2005 - 04:34 AM

QUOTE (Xyphere @ Mar 26 2005, 21:33)

I apparently wasn't unlucky. Zero dead pixels on my screen. It's f*cking pretty.

Hunter¥
  • Hunter¥

• Members

Posted 27 March 2005 - 04:52 AM

Just trade it in. The dumb clerk probable won't know what you mean and just give you another one.

JulioCaesar
  • JulioCaesar

I rock your cock.

• Members

Posted 27 March 2005 - 07:25 AM

The Nintendo DS is soooooo screwed. I mean, the PSP is so much better in nearly every aspect, and more people are gonna want a Sony product than a product thats more associated with little kids, i.e. Nintendo. With Sony one-uping nintendo, I really do think that Nintendo's next console is gonna be its last.

Hunter¥
  • Hunter¥

• Members

Posted 27 March 2005 - 07:43 AM

Yep. The PSP is just the all around better product.

Digïtál £vîl
  • Digïtál £vîl

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 27 March 2005 - 08:05 AM

The DS wasnt made to compete with the PSP. It was just made to keep those nintendo people happy while they wait for the newest from Nintendo and while the PSP initially came out.

Think about it. What more can Sony do now? They are already coming out with the chat stuff and internet browsing in the next few weeks.

Next out:

Nintendo equivalent to the PSP, only with a touch screen too and some sort of camera built into it..

or something like that

Still I love Sony. So im sticking with Sony.

CriticallyCool
  • CriticallyCool

CritcallyCool is no fool, kick back and put your feet on a stool

• Members

Posted 27 March 2005 - 04:07 PM

My cousin is suppose to get a PSP. He asked me if I was getting one and I said "Nope cause I am gonna be playing yours." My sister said that the DS is going to get a chip so you can do all that extra stuff like the PSP.

Xyphere
  • Xyphere

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 March 2005 - 06:16 PM

Well I called Gamestop and they said that I have to send my PSP to SCEA which is really retarded, but whatever. I called up SCEA and they said to call again in a week since they are low on PSPs (or something like that) and then I can send it in.

But once I get this whole mess sorted out I'll be glad happy.gif

Bigs
  • Bigs

OG

• Members

Posted 27 March 2005 - 09:54 PM

I got mine about an hour ago! happy.gif I love it, no dead pixels. The only game I've played is Tiger Woods PGA Tour though. Hopefully some more soon.

Hunter¥
  • Hunter¥

• Members

Posted 28 March 2005 - 12:23 AM

I have a huge problem. When I connect my PSP to the PC via USB, the "removable disk" drive doesn't appear. omgwtfhelp

Pics of web browser are here.

JSAN ANDREAS
  • JSAN ANDREAS

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 March 2005 - 12:27 AM

Man, I just went to someone's house today and he had a PSP. He let me play it. MAN! I was wrong about this thing. The graphics are so good! Much better than the DS. I was playing Twited Metal:Head On on it. And man were those graphics good! It also plays movies! That's something I dindn't know. I found myself watching Spiderman 2 on it. It looked just like the graphics for a Plasma Screen. You can also store photos and play music files on it. My dad said I can buy it and he'll lend me money. I can't wait!

PSP! rah.gif

Hobbes27
  • Hobbes27

Jew

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 28 March 2005 - 04:37 AM

Amazon.com has added its first batch of UMD movies for the PSP. The online retailer currently has five movies — four of which are priced at only $13.97. These low-priced UMDs include: "Hellboy (Director's Cut)," "Resident Evil: Apocalypse," "XXX," and "Once Upon A Time In Mexico." Amazon is selling the fifth UMD movie, "House of Flying Daggers," for $20.97. If retailers are able to keep prices below $15, expect sales of UMD movies to soar this year.

Who else here is as happy as I am here?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users