Photo

[ Rel || V2.0 ] Interstate 420-C

162 replies to this topic
DeathSquad
  • DeathSquad

CEO DeathSquad Industries

• Members

Posted 04 April 2005 - 08:30 PM

Thanks but what program does this go for?

poohead
  • poohead

the gran poo-bah

• Members

Posted 04 April 2005 - 08:38 PM Edited by poohead, 05 April 2005 - 12:36 AM.

oops sorry, umm the program i used was GTA Mod Installer v5.0

and my game seems to freeze in this area

user posted image

DeathSquad
  • DeathSquad

• Members

Posted 05 April 2005 - 04:27 AM

Cool, I'll have to set that up here sometime, didn't think anyone used the Mod Installer anymore, figured VCM stomped the competition.

@Spaceeinstein: If that sign with the arrow is on the second ramp in the cloverleaf when heading north, it's correct. Kind of freaky since you turn right and is pointing left, but when you get off the ramp you're heading in that direction. As for the MPH one, that's an error, never noticed it either.

RainingAcid
  • RainingAcid

Hustler

• Members

Posted 05 April 2005 - 12:34 PM

Kool, very nice!

grovespaz
  • grovespaz

Group: Morons

• Members

Posted 05 April 2005 - 08:09 PM

I need a life. This is one of the greatest mods ive ever seen, been driving around for 4 hours.

Alot of bugs and glitches, but the a great mod!

(Btw, 8ball's car repair shop? Liberty city? Next update maybe do a lil check at the billboards wink.gif )

Just love to been chased y the cops there. Can i borrow yours?

DeathSquad
  • DeathSquad

• Members

Posted 07 April 2005 - 07:15 AM

Once again thanks, been poking around the forums for the past few days, mostly the modding area here. This is totally off topic but someone said around here said that 56kers should go to hell, and I take offense to that. Broadband is supreme and Modems are out dated, but sadly even here in the US broadband is not available to everyone. I can't get broadband or cable, if I lived a mile up my road I could get cable. The phonelines on my road are too old to handle dsl, and I own the property so no I won't move. Only thing available is Direcway which costs 500 bucks just to own the equipment (no rental) and 60 a month for alright download speeds and modem like upload speeds. Weee, ok, anyways

- BACK to the Topic at Hand before I'm struck by lightning -

@grovespaz: Could you list the bugs and glitches off if possible, and if its not listed here.

[ Known Bugs ]

1. Map pieces which overlap each other, others which don't actually touch, chunks of walls sticking out due to angles and such, can't miss them cause sometimes they sneak up on you. As I like to say, the highway was built by illegal aliens, sorry, Deathsquad Inc ain't too legal.

2. A couple of the pillars that are not touching.

3. Only one report but one of the Ocean Drive Ramps having a "ghost" coll, which is the collision data is backwards and needs to be cranked 180'.

4. Vehicles turning into the wall due to disconnected paths which I'm unsure if that can be fixed or not, I gotta watch Spaceeinstein's paths and see, I thought he or someone said that new paths did that. Also as suggested by Space, start a new game, sometimes all the paths act weird when loading a saved game.

5. The South Washington Paths on my version of paths wasn't fixed, traffic is spawning underneath the interstate were the old Washington Ramp was. Cars that spawn at the right level will drive over the area.

6. At least one set of road signs stuck up in a ramp or something that it shouldn't be in.

7. Possible Memory Problems depending on your computer, I can get my version to bug right out with too many cars, and high poly mods with high poly LODs like Reaper Island and Rockstar Heights in the game at once.
-------

That is all that comes to mind right now, minus other ideas that swirl about my brain. I've been trying to get a blank copy of Vice City going but as instructed in the pinned topic of this fourm, at 20% my game cracks out. Wanted to have just the highway in the game. Other ideas I can't remember at this time. Anyways, mostly "on vacation" from the work of the Interstate. Should have a small "checkpoint" contest to see who can do it the fastest. Don't know, with nitro everyone would probably get the same time though, or just photoshop a fake time in. wow.gif

grovespaz
  • grovespaz

Group: Morons

• Members

Posted 07 April 2005 - 05:24 PM

All i can think of now (out of my head):

1. At alot of places(for example, the airport) the peds walk through the interstate, ill post a screen later.

2. Alot of cars try to turn left on the interstate confused.gif
Post a screen later

3. Some collision errors

4. In that building near the halfpipe, those machines are not solid, and sometimes they are, collision problem

5. In the same building the pillar is not solid, you can drive through

6. If you take a helicopter and het to the top of the pastor richard salvation statue, it is fly-through.

Im sure i forgot a couple of things, i'll be back later.

poohead
  • poohead

the gran poo-bah

• Members

Posted 07 April 2005 - 10:26 PM Edited by poohead, 08 April 2005 - 12:27 AM.

i hav some suggestions, can u make some of the on off ramps in different spots? like theres 1 on the mansions property, its kinda wierd havin to get on or off the highway on some1s property, and theres 1 at the beach it kinda gets in the way of the walkway, maybe raise it up a bit so the peds can still walk under it, and some of them hav grass infront of them.
@ knife:can u make a code that actually takes $$$ from u when you pass the toll booths & put ppl in the toll booths? also is it possible to make flames shoot out when nitro is on? would it b possible to be able to turn some mods off, ex car flipping over by itself and can u put the swim mod on plz?

haha sorry for all these questions, i just think it would b improved

its an awsome mod devil.gif cant wait till the next realease cool.gif
heres some shots
user posted image
maybe make the highway bend this way? u would b able to go straight, turn left or rite colgate.gif
user posted image
should raise it so peds go under, theres a ped stuk in the wall sigh.gif
user posted image
also if u raise it up a tad, the grass and wall and peds wont b on it. rah.gif

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 09 April 2005 - 09:03 AM Edited by Knife, 09 April 2005 - 09:06 AM.

QUOTE (poohead @ Apr 7 2005, 22:26)

@ knife:can u make a code that actually takes $$$ from u when you pass the toll booths & put ppl in the toll booths? also is it possible to make flames shoot out when nitro is on? would it b possible to be able to turn some mods off, ex car flipping over by itself and can u put the swim mod on plz?

TOLL BOOTHS -> Well that would take a lot of coords because there are plenty of toll booths. Also having actors in them would also take a while. I would be able to make a mission quicker probably so I don't see much point in me spending so much time for such a little feature.

NITRO FLAMES -> Coming soon, how about even bigger flames then any other nitro mod???

TURNING MODS OFF -> Why would you want to turn off the car flip (if you come up with a good reason I will change it)

*MY EARS ARE STILL OPEN FOR MORE MISSION SCRIPT IDEAS* sorry for shouting biggrin.gif

@grovespaz most of those things are just tiny little problems. One thing I can say is about the pastor statue. You can go through it at the top becayse by having no collision there it saves faces (wich means the game runs smoother).

DeathSquad
  • DeathSquad

• Members

Posted 09 April 2005 - 09:54 AM

Didn't know about the peds walking through the roadway near the airport, the ramps were kind of rushed again for the release of 2.0, if there wasn't any major problems, I just left them. The ramp to the mansion is kind of like Vercetti's own personal ramp to his house, cause there isn't a good way to get a ramp to Starfish Island. Your idea poohead could be done but the ramp will be steap in order to clear that wall. Heh, the Starfish Island Ramp has also had problems, but I have a semi-idea on how to make one that would work, but it'd be pretty long. And yeah, North Ocean just needs to be raised, once again, cut the corners!

@knife: What about the conversion of the street races, this is the one I've always pushed but I'm going to guess there's probably a sh*tload of coordinates, not just for the checkpoints but for the dummy-cars to keep on track. As I've always said, I'm down with collected the coordinates out of the game. Others have mentioned a possible working pay-n-spray at the rest areas. Or the Stadium Car Race slapped onto the main loop of the interstate. Multiple body guards, enough to fill an enforcer or something, heh. Just throwing stuff off the top of my head. Nitro, I'd personally go down with the flames coming out of the exhaust, more realistic. Want to make something big, atomic effect on the bazooka, make the blast large along with the sprite, possibly add that blinding white flash effect from when you blow up the dummy plane.

I gotta say anyone else got any kind of graphical problems, mainly with the game not wanting to load up the LODs of the regular map. I know the problems that caused this, but I'm just woundering if I'm getting this more due to my crappy graphics card (geforce mx400 generic). I'm going to upgrade my system for SA. I've even taken out the LOD models to the island, statue and such and still have the same effect. Of course Correct LODs on the entire thing would be good...but that means more building. Also going to try and retexture this, just haven't had the urge to play with it. Anyways

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 09 April 2005 - 10:17 AM

The street races would take a while to convert. I made the small checkpoint mission and its alll fully working in my latest script, I think that will be the only checkpoint mission.

poohead
  • poohead

the gran poo-bah

• Members

Posted 09 April 2005 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE (Knife @ Apr 9 2005, 04:03)
QUOTE (poohead @ Apr 7 2005, 22:26)

TOLL BOOTHS -> Well that would take a lot of coords because there are plenty of toll booths. Also having actors in them would also take a while. I would be able to make a mission quicker probably so I don't see much point in me spending so much time for such a little feature.

NITRO FLAMES -> Coming soon, how about even bigger flames then any other nitro mod???

TURNING MODS OFF -> Why would you want to turn off the car flip (if you come up with a good reason I will change it)

*MY EARS ARE STILL OPEN FOR MORE MISSION SCRIPT IDEAS* sorry for shouting biggrin.gif

@grovespaz most of those things are just tiny little problems. One thing I can say is about the pastor statue. You can go through it at the top becayse by having no collision there it saves faces (wich means the game runs smoother).

dunno, bout the flippin over thing but it kinda annoys me wow.gif but i dunno i guess i like it more realistic.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 09 April 2005 - 03:58 PM

There will be another script update soon.

DeathSquad
  • DeathSquad

• Members

Posted 09 April 2005 - 09:18 PM

My only complaint is the tab key that brings up angles and those herb lines or whatever, hehe. I use LithJoe Trainer most of the time, and the tab key gets used alot. But that's just me.

What I'd like to find, and I'm unsure if you know how to hack the exe, but I'd like to get an hacked exe with a higher IDE limit, there's things I would create, I want to make a third island that's just hills with a race track like road through it, thinking a regular long oval with a figure 8. Kind of like the Interstate 76 games, or just any old racing game track. Might come in handy for when MTA Blue comes out.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 10 April 2005 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE (DeathSquad @ Apr 9 2005, 21:18)
My only complaint is the tab key that brings up angles and those herb lines or whatever, hehe.  I use LithJoe Trainer most of the time, and the tab key gets used alot.  But that's just me.

What I'd like to find, and I'm unsure if you know how to hack the exe, but I'd like to get an hacked exe with a higher IDE limit, there's things I would create, I want to make a third island that's just hills with a race track like road through it, thinking a regular long oval with a figure 8.  Kind of like the Interstate 76 games, or just any old racing game track.  Might come in handy for when MTA Blue comes out.

Yea, the tab thing is for me to find the angles when placing vehicles, I will get rid of that. As for the IDE limits no one has ever found out how to edit them, and with SA very close I don't think anyone ever will. As for the new track you are talking about I think maby it could be a seperate mod alltogether.

DeathSquad
  • DeathSquad

• Members

Posted 10 April 2005 - 09:08 AM

Thought I read that over in the editing section with someone who is trying to put LC west or east of VC. Oh well, and very true with SA. Anyways, actually made the island, unsure of any purpose it could hold, but its freakin massive.

user posted image

As said, outter semi-oval with a semi-figure eight in the middle. Please note that this was a rush job, I'll probably redo the form or at least touch up the quick job I did, the textures were slapped on quickly, road has none. Of course it would be retextured. Its about the size of the other two islands, but I think would be really fun for racing around it, and its mountains so mountain climbing vehicles, sanchez, etc. Think at this point what I'm going to do is include all this in the 420 package, and then have instructions of "how to customize it" and then you can pick what you want, just the main loop, crosstown express, reaper island, whatever this island will come to be known as. monocle.gif

user posted image

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 10 April 2005 - 09:19 AM

WOW! That looks great. Like I said before maby it could be a seperate mod? How long did it take to make that?

DeathSquad
  • DeathSquad

• Members

Posted 10 April 2005 - 11:21 AM

Six hours give or take. I'll make it a seperate mod but I'll include it with 420 since it kind of creates "my" vice city, but thats just me, and why I'd have the "customize" part for it. But I nee sleep die.gif

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 April 2005 - 02:05 PM

You should work for Myriad.

GRIM!
  • GRIM!

Blue prints is for pussys!

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 April 2005 - 05:14 PM

ooohhhh yeah!!!!! this rocks!!! THX ALLOT!!

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 10 April 2005 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE (spaceeinstein @ Apr 10 2005, 14:05)
You should work for Myriad.

x7 biggrin.gif

SCRIPT UPDATE

Nitro improved
Extra bodyguard

DeathSquad, I changed the bodyguard model to the one you use.

Download i420 script 2.2

GRIM!
  • GRIM!

Blue prints is for pussys!

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 April 2005 - 11:24 PM Edited by GRIM!, 10 April 2005 - 11:50 PM.

QUOTE (poohead @ Apr 4 2005, 20:38)
oops sorry, umm the program i used was GTA Mod Installer v5.0

and my game seems to freeze in this area

user posted image

Yeah, realy weird my game has freesed there since the beguining i modded my vc realy mysterious notify.gif

btw a screenie on the highway sly.gif user posted image

EDIT: user posted image
this car rocks on this highway fits realy good!! the boost runs in 180 km/h this runs 240km/h!
find it HERE!

once again love this mod!! makes me like vc again wink.gif

DeathSquad
  • DeathSquad

• Members

Posted 11 April 2005 - 11:04 AM Edited by DeathSquad, 11 April 2005 - 11:43 AM.

user posted image

Played with the mountain-island thing again, redid the shape of it, kind of taller and a little sharper. For some reason is gives Vice a little more character, I know I've read a billion times about how no one liked the flatness of the map, but go to Florida...And since I've really done nothing with Rockstar Heights, I placed it on top of one of the mountains, added a bunch of trees, some lights, Phil's Trailer. The bottom two pictures, the blue dot is where this place is located, only thing is its not anywhere reachable within reason. No roads to it, so you got to travel up one of the main-side tracks, then carefully edge your way along part of the moutain, fun though. Most entertaining thing so far was it got really dark, and due to the lack of prelighting, made the landscape extremly dark. Wandered around basically blind and stumbling, and I came to this one spot that made the city suddenly appear below.

If anything since I'm unsure of another release, I'll do what I did with 1.5 and release an "addon" to have this mountain range, but to have it a bunch of ramps and other parts had to be removed.

@Knife: Great work as always man.

EDIT: BTW, where do you get the mod or hack or instruction so you can fly to the top of the game boundries...searched for it for 30 minutes at least.

Super Sheiki
  • Super Sheiki

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 April 2005 - 01:16 PM

Wow !!! looks great !!!
when it will be released?
I will wait biggrin.gif

Wannabe729
  • Wannabe729

A Lemming

• Members

Posted 11 April 2005 - 02:00 PM

Mountain island looks very nice. Will wait for it.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2005 - 04:06 AM

Oh no! This project is dying!
Interstate 420 Paths

DeathSquad
  • DeathSquad

• Members

Posted 16 April 2005 - 06:03 AM

user posted image

Maybe...maybe not. I've just been puttering around with stuff, teaching myself how to work the mission scripts, so far just simple relocation of things, parked vehicles, etc, made the nitro go 512. Also spent a few nights getting my Vice cleaned out of all the files, tried what was posted but it just didn't want to work. But I'm unsure how further we can go without wiping out all or part of the city for more room. Of course I could be doing things like LOD work, graphic work, just haven't struck the right mood. Also been watching this Sector1 Map that's being built, what I've been pondering is not a total convertion mod but just a map replacement, combine the interstate and his map mod, possibly other map mod, stunt parks, all those little map mods that get used and then switched out for another. Don't think it would be horribly too much work, just alot of permission asking, mapping and getting stuff in game. Run some paths, setup some stores, nothing complicated in the mission writing, just the stuff you need to have a fun time blowing things to hell.

Sadly though I got called back to work...on a Saturday, so my time will get cut, but I still got plenty of it. The idea behind a simple map convertion is that once the knowledge of SA is totally known from the PC Version, it could be converted over. Plus I can make the interstate how I really would like it, and fix alot of the alignment errors. I'd forge it into say 10 sections, map it, weld it, texture it as a single piece, then slice it up. But anyways, I got 4 hours before I suppose to be awake, I'll check your paths out, I'm sure it will be killer. If anything though I'll retexture it, add in the option for Mountain Island and the House, possibly some script additions from me if Knife isn't up to anything else with us, and get a 2.1 version or something, a true final ugh.

monocle.gif

JohnLennon
  • JohnLennon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 April 2005 - 06:48 AM

Great mod maby you should make one for myraid Islands like other users have stated. Just a thought. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 16 April 2005 - 08:31 AM

I am still here for coding, the only thing I am not to shure about is those street races. Maby you could give them a try. Any I say release the new island, with the interstate, paths and mission script all in one zip file and then call this mod finished and take a well deserved break!

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2005 - 03:10 PM

Wah forgot to tell you something. It has only paths you see in the front page with Vice City's paths. I deleted a whole lot of paths for this path to fit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users