Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 26 March 2005 - 02:55 PM

Delete these lines from i420.ipl for no statue

CODE
5066, i420richardstatue, 0, -48.0844, -742.509, 64.197, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1.47748E-007
6066, LOD0richardstatue, 0, -48.0844, -742.509, 64.197, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1.47748E-007

Ducati996
  • Ducati996

Colt_Seavers

• Members

Posted 26 March 2005 - 03:10 PM Edited by Ducati996, 26 March 2005 - 03:42 PM.

cool, thanks for the replies...

will be looking for the Halfpipe and further bugs maybe later. Thanks for everything, I will have to check that mission script out too...

and the Avery bug seems to not be a problem on all computers. I know someone who has the mod installed and says their site is fine, so I dunno... maybe it's my computer and stuff...

Anyway. Later, and keep up the good work. inlove.gif rahkstar2.gif breadfish_by_Moto.gif

EDIT: Sorry to ask... I went on your site to find out more about that Space-einstein MOD... but i couldn't find it... is that actually on your site or on his own... *thinks*, i'll check again... but i still wonder is that included in the mission script or not...? Let me know if you can, thanks.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 26 March 2005 - 05:45 PM Edited by spaceeinstein, 05 April 2005 - 06:56 PM.

Are you able to see people's sigs?

Hey DeathSquad, can you make the thrid lane the breakdown lane? My way of making the paths can't take up three lanes.

And the Avery building thing, the more objects you modify, the more out-of-place a temporary building is. The Haitian factory should have the same problem. Even without installing this mod, my heavily modified Vice City has those glitches.

All progress in my paths are in my first post.

CALENDARTAXI.BMP
user posted image
user posted image

DeathSquad
  • DeathSquad

CEO DeathSquad Industries

• Members

Posted 26 March 2005 - 09:46 PM

@tryptomine_sniper: I always go for the manual install of things, so I'm not too familiar with VCMM. Don't you just place the i420v2.VCM file into your vcmm/mods/vcm folder, run the program and install it. All the files for the interstate are glued into a single massive file, and has instructions on where to go when installing. I could be wrong, but that's the only file I had to add when testing the vcm version.

Twistie
  • Twistie

Web Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 March 2005 - 02:51 AM

so how does this attatch to the miriad island mod like the map shows

DeathSquad
  • DeathSquad

• Members

Posted 27 March 2005 - 03:43 AM

The I420 Mod has no connection with the Myraid Island mod, but I guess from most reports that it will install with Myraid, and Spaceeinstein I would say is doing the path work with Myraid Installed, or at least using the background map.

@Spaceeinstein: Looking good, I was talking about putting cars in the third lane if I was doing it. At the moment I call it the car-pool lane, break down lane, or that area of the highway that tends to make you fly off to a horribly and firey death. And I forgot about that calandar in the taxi-office, next update/release thingy I'll stick it in.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 27 March 2005 - 01:01 PM

another script update...

Um this one has a very carzy thing in it. If you go to DS industries and stand in the sphere the bulding starts to blow up...

user posted image

and I have added a bodyguard in. You must follow the instructions in the radme to use him. There is also a V icon on the reststop where you start (so you know where everything is)

DS, it would be good if you could make another lil island with a house on it. It would be a better place to start the game.

If anyone has any other ideas for the script please post them!

Download i420 script v2.1

Duders
  • Duders

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 March 2005 - 10:02 PM

The v2 sems really cool and all but seriously get rid of the bloody ship!!! The textures in it are horrible and everything is 1 poly thich which makes it a pain in the ass to get through. But thats just my 2 cents. Good luck with the mod.biggrin.gif

-duder

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 27 March 2005 - 11:45 PM

Yes I am doing paths with Myriad installed. It uses less loading times so I don't need to wait or strain my computer. I am a quarter way complete with paths and now it is complete boredom.

DeathSquad
  • DeathSquad

• Members

Posted 28 March 2005 - 02:11 AM Edited by DeathSquad, 28 March 2005 - 10:21 AM.

CODE
5077, i420v1destroyer, 0, -428.567, 172.124, 8, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1
6077, LOD0v1destroyer, 0, -428.567, 172.124, 8, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1

Open the i420.ipl file and delete those lines, and no more ship. I'll repeat it again, its not my ship, its EDS' design.

// MARCH 28th //
user posted image

@Knife: Excellent work my friend, I love the blowing up the ds industries part. Bodyguard works good, he ain't immortal but then again, he's suppose to be protecting me, and not getting stabbed in the guts over and over until he dies by me.

I did want to put a house on the other end of Reaper Island near the graveyard, that area was kind of blank, but I'm so burnt out on making meshes. I should look up Rockstar Heights from LC, that house was cool, plus it'd remind me of the olden days of LC (minus the days of the top-down). I had both the Intercity Highway and Rockstar Island installed. Anyways...

What about the Vice City Street Races, I was checking out the scripts last night, I can understand a good deal, but how hard would it be to convert those races to run on the highway. Or what about the Arena Race, wounder if it would be possible to stretch that out so it looped around the island. I was hoping to get the street races in, cause I see a really annoying but fun way to loop it around the Cloverleaf (make you go around the entire thing). But that's all I have for ideas for the moment, been thinking about it. Keep up the good work, I'll be mirroring the file off my site, I gotta clean it up.

Super Sheiki
  • Super Sheiki

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 March 2005 - 10:30 AM

Knife, you can put the marina car park mod in the script? blush.gif

imheretostay
  • imheretostay

non-existant

• Members

Posted 28 March 2005 - 02:46 PM

I am so glad to see this mod released in a decent version. Ive been waiting for ages, and a little trying to learn to mod, so i would be able to help, but had no luck.

Thank you deathsquad, for starting this, and the team, for helping.

Good luck with SA, DS.

Sodisna
  • Sodisna

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 March 2005 - 09:12 PM

SA?

Duders
  • Duders

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 March 2005 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (Sodisna @ Mar 28 2005, 21:12)
SA?

It means San Andreas. For god's sake, stop with the stupid and useless one word posts already.

-duder

Sodisna
  • Sodisna

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 March 2005 - 06:05 AM

I know what it means dickhead. I wanna know what he meant by it.

DeathSquad
  • DeathSquad

• Members

Posted 29 March 2005 - 09:25 AM

While checking out maps of San An, I do see a possible interstate to add to their already good system. Plus San An has some features like the interstate pile-ups and really fast moving traffic, so hopefully we'll have fun.

From the 1st post of the thread, they are talking about me doing modding work in San An...and yeah, you could always PM a person for a question, rather than post a single world post that everyone yells at you about.

user posted image

I've e-mailed Solo who created Rockstar Heights from Liberty City, but so far no answer. E-mail address was taken from his web site hosting this, last updated in 2003, so it might be a dead link.

LEGAL.
-----

I do not hold any responsibility for any damage these files causes to your computer or you. Please feel free to pass these files about (if you can find anyone who wants them)as long as you keep this readme with them. I hold copyright for all custom textures found within this modification. Have fun.

That is the legal part of the readme file, which is kind of unclear. It says file and not mod. And I know nothing about the law of modding, as someone who has worked online for many years, credit would be given in the readme file, along with an in-game sign stating his work, and I wouldn't be claiming it as my work, minus the minor transfer from LC to VC, all 5 minutes of work. But I don't want to use anyone's work without written permission. Hmmmmm.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 29 March 2005 - 10:30 AM

Bai Sodisna, I remember when you thought you could have carried on this mod but you failed, as a member you failed to follow the rules. I'm fed up with the warnings you ignore, after several of them and temp bans I think its about time to say goodbye to GTAF. So c'mon please GTFO. smile.gif

On-topic, keep up the good work DS. If you want to contact Solo he is an active member here. Just send him a PM and he will get back to you I'm sure.

RainingAcid
  • RainingAcid

Hustler

• Members

Posted 29 March 2005 - 09:53 PM

Nice mod Mr.Deathsquad! I'm really looking forward to this.

DeathSquad
  • DeathSquad

• Members

Posted 29 March 2005 - 10:07 PM Edited by DeathSquad, 30 March 2005 - 04:40 AM.

@RainingAcid: Seeing you've just signed up yesterday, go flip back to the 1st page, this mod is already available. Currently I'm just playing with one small addition.

@GT-1: That's kind of funny cause in my bordem last night I came across the Original I420 Thread with him saying he was going to continue the work, and I remember being suprised his message had more than three words to it. Thanks for letting me know Solo is around here, I was going to search and see if he was later tonight.

[23:30]

Heh, got curious and went to see if there was an Interstate 420 somewhere in the United States, which the answer is no there is not. There are two unconstructed I420s though for the possible future. One in LA and one in Atlanta. And since a three digit interstate is either a business spurr into a city, or a by-pass loop around a city, Interstate 20 doesn't even go in Florida. Oh well, like that's why I picked that number anyways.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 30 March 2005 - 05:20 PM

Rockstar heights fits in well! I hope solo lets you put it in their

About the bodyguard being killed: It seems he can be killed by being shot/hit in the head.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:53 PM

Paths in VICE CITY MAP
user posted image

Paths updated in other map.

DeathSquad
  • DeathSquad

• Members

Posted 31 March 2005 - 04:08 AM

Looking sweet Space, if you get bored/tired of it again slip me a copy so I can see the work. Unsure if Rockstar Heights would be a good addition or not, possibly not for many with slower computers like me, P4 1.4g 256ram Geforce2 MX 400 card. Moving around alot near the place causes alot of glitching, mainly the draw distance bugging out, too much for at least my computer. And I haven't heard back from Solo, so either he isn't checking his e-mail and PMs, or its a silent no. Maybe I'll build a house of my own, but truthfully can say probably not. The smell of spring is in the air, and the six feet of snow has vanished outside my window.

@Knife: I don't think any bodyguard is invisable to a bullet to the brain, think you'd have to change the coding so heads wouldn't disappear. But he can take a beating, I've sat gutting him with my sword over and over, usually after about 10 minutes he will drop dead, but hey, who wouldn't.

On the side note interstate is on the brain, so I've been playing alot of Interstate 76, well as much as the demos give you. I played it when it came out, funny how you go back and go "holy crap those graphics suck". Been pondering creating the Picard Pihrana from the game, looked around and there are none made to my knowledge, or its real counter part the 70 Plymouth Roadrunner (there's a 71 though). I'd be cool if the hunter weapons could be placed on a car, kind of like the Patriot Firebomb in Spaceeinstein's All In One.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 31 March 2005 - 08:29 PM Edited by spaceeinstein, 01 April 2005 - 07:43 PM.

Hey, can you make all LODs in your mod low poly like in Vice City? LODs should be low level of details.

splitty
  • splitty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 April 2005 - 11:56 AM

ok i still cant get the damn mod to work what am i doing wrong?
sad.gif

Wannabe729
  • Wannabe729

A Lemming

• Members

Posted 01 April 2005 - 01:28 PM

Did you use manual install, or VCMM install?

choofa
  • choofa

Dance onn Cocaiin.. LSD.. XTC!!

• Members

Posted 01 April 2005 - 02:24 PM

Tell me step by step what you did.

=Ch00fA=

DeathSquad
  • DeathSquad

• Members

Posted 03 April 2005 - 05:38 AM

He's tried both VCMM and Manual, and said he followed the instruction to the T, and I just double checked myself just in case I happen to forget something. About the only thing at this moment splitty is give a quick list of what your Vice City has on it, or if its clean. Wish I could help but I can't think of anything that would help, short of coming to your house and setting it up myself.

Solo gave his blessing for use of Rockstar Heights, so I'll try and get a version out possibly. I can say that I'm out of gas for modding, right now I'm forging the 66 Pontiac GTO into a 65 via permission of its owner, just for kicks though, I got a few advantages for textures since I actually have one, sadly rotting away (too broken to be fixed due to bad storage by previous owner, cracked frame....) so I've scanned some of the outter emblems, and the dashboard gauges.

@Space: I know LODs are suppose to be low-res, when I originally started I didn't really have any problems with the highway using the high-res models for both since they're only 20-30 polygons each, without the lights. But with the new ramps and the upgrade to more polygons, yeah, it will cause problems for some, I will say with my Geforce 2 MX 400 (generic, heh) it was running fine. I think the main problem right now is Reaper Island, its alot of polygons. Pastor Richard's Statue I think is medium, whatever the average is for the Cinema Models. And of course the overhead signs and lights. It does need it...so...

WANTED! WANTED! WANTED! WANTED!

1. One person to retexture the highway models since many areas are blurred, scrunched and such.

2. One person to prelight the entire thing.

-----
That is, if anyone is bored. I'm burnt out sadly in many ways biggrin.gif but I plan on chilling and work up some cash to get a DVD-Rom, some more ram and a new graphics card for my system...or an entirely new computer. As I've been ranting, I'll probably create an interstate for SA once I play the game and see if there is a need for one, since they already have a great system going.

choofa
  • choofa

Dance onn Cocaiin.. LSD.. XTC!!

• Members

Posted 03 April 2005 - 09:43 AM

I am thinking it would be that his vice city isn't clean, I tryed it on a non-clean vice and it crashed, I did it on a clean vice and it didn't other than that the mod works fine for me.

=Ch00fA=

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 04 April 2005 - 07:21 PM Edited by spaceeinstein, 04 April 2005 - 07:28 PM.

Wierdness

user posted image
Is that sign pointing the wrong way?

user posted image
user posted image
The intersection that goes over Malibu with whacked out speed limit sign.

poohead
  • poohead

the gran poo-bah

• Members

Posted 04 April 2005 - 07:48 PM

i made an install script, u jus hav to have all the files in 1 folder, so empty the dff and txd and ipls and ides and cols into 1 folder and u need the mission scrpit sh*t to go along wiht it.

try it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users