• DeathSquad

CEO DeathSquad Industries

• Members

Posted 24 March 2005 - 08:52 PM

user posted image

Interstate 420-C

VERSION 2.0

By. Deathsquad Industries

I420 V2.0 Manual Download (Rar Archieve: 6.43mb)
I420 V2.0 VCMM Download (Rar Archieve: 7.99mb)

Knife's Interstate 420 Mission Script V2.2 [0.5mb]

Spaceeinstein's I420 Paths [0.2mb]

Happy Fun Time Island [2.0mb]

This is the final version of the Interstate 420 project, my brain has exploded and its time to move on. Soon San-An will be here, and I will be busy playing it, as I have yet to really play it. I have a few plans for mods for the game, I will design a bunch of trailers for the tractors, and whatever else I can find. So enjoy this mod.

Version 2.0 could possibly kill your computer if you have a slow machine. If I must I can put instruction for uninstalling a few of the map pieces, so you'd have more of the interstate. First what is new.....

1. New Ramps & Interchanges: All the on/off ramps have been changed with a redesign piece that has more curves, along with the interchanges. More or less everything has been smoothed out mroe. Many of the ramps have been redone, explanded and redesigned so they are not as steep in some areas, mainly along Washington Beach.

2. The Crosstown Express: This is a piece of highway that crosses roughly in the middle of Vice, allows you to jump between the three main stretches quickly. Connecting with the center piece of the interstate is a cloverleaf interchange.

3. This is just for show but there is now a very tall and large Pastor Richards Salvation Statue, something I thought Vice City needed.

4. Reaper Island is a small map mod I created, features the Deathsquad/Vice City Gas Works, Morningwood Cementary, a half pipe, some sharp hills, a few ramps, a power substation and powerlines that run along the middle of the map.

5. EDS' French Fregate Vehicle Mod is placed within this game AS A MAP PIECE, and not a vehicle. Allows those who cannot get that mod to work to at least see the great work EDS did with the mod. A little texture and collision work is needed.

6. New Bridge Design near the arena, a large suspension bridge.

Along with this are the regular 15 exits, traffic, and peds in the rest area. More information can be found in the DSREADME file.

Hopefully sometime in the near future we will have a MAIN replacement that will place the VC Races on the Interstate, along with some other features like NOS, missing coding being done by Knife.

[ Features ]

- Scratch Build Models by DS
* On/Off Ramps
* Interchanges
* Highway Roadbeds
* Highway Supports
* Billboards & Exit Signs
* Highway Markers
* Rest Area Main Structure
* Reaper Island (Minus Statue)

- I420C Mission Script by Knife features
* Checkpoint Mission
* Direct Start @ Washington Rest Area
* Parked Vehicles, Health, Weapons Pickups @ Restareas
* Nitro
* Auto Car Flip
* Buy a Hotring Racer
* All Islands Open
* Bodyguard Feature

- Spaceeinstein's I420 Paths
"Designed as seen in San-An"

(Note: Rest Area Interior, Buildings & Trailers, along with the Pastor Richard Statue and Deathsquad Statue taken from in-game models, R*)

- 15 On/Off Ramps allowing access to areas even when zones are blocked in the regular game.

- Vehicle Traffic on the interstate and Peds in the Rest Areas.

- French Fregate Model created by EDS (With Permission Of Course)

- Rockstar Heights Manor by Solo (With Permission of Course)

user posted image

Interstate 420-C Happy Fun-Time Island (INCOMPLETE)

Happy Fun Time Island [2.0mb]

Happy Fun-Time Island was a mountainous region that was going to be located on the eastern side of Vice City, and basically took up the entire east side. It was two tall mountains, with a sharp landscape, with a circular track around the island, and two cross-over sections that pass through the middle. This is the last of the I420 Map Work as of this time, the island only has general textures and the road has no texture at all (yes, I'm that lazy atm). On the top of one of the mountains features the beautiful house by Solo from Rockstar Heights for GTA3. Along side of the house is the trailer from Phil's Junkyard. The island itself is named after the only island the crew of Sealab ever visited during their show (R.I.P.). Adding this piece of I420 will remove several ramps, and relocate pastor richard to one end of the mountain island. As said, its unfinished work, I would have removed other ramps, but once again too lazy to fix it. But it adds a nice background to Vice City. Enjoy.

[ INFO ]

This mod has been tested with various versions of Vice City, one version containing roughly 35 mod vehicles ranging from low to high polygon counts, and Spaceeinstein's All In One Mod. The mod has also been installed into a clean version of vice city. All were tested and ran fine. The VCM Version has been installed, tested, and uninstalled, the script works perfectly fine. As far as I know this mod will run on your system, but as anything in the modding world you can never been sure or suprised when things explode. I'll try to help if I can.

Despite some sites confusing how this project has been going on for roughly a year and a half, this mod has taken me roughly three months to complete, and has been 99.9% done by me, alone. I give thanks to Spaceeinstein who created the paths for the original I420 which helped me get the paths on, Duder for the texture to the statue, and everyone's support. While checking out maps of San An, I do see a possible interstate to add to their already good system. Plus San An has some features like the interstate pile-ups and really fast moving traffic, so hopefully we'll have fun.

rah.gif [ NEEDED ] rah.gif

You -MUST- use Steve-M's VC Limit Adjuster which can be downloaded from www.Steve-M.com,
see installation instructions on how to use this.

[ RECOMMENDED ]

- SpaceeinStein's All In One Mod (V2.0)

- Knife's Interstate 420-C Mission Script
* Checkpoint Mission
* Direct Start @ Washington Rest Area
* Parked Vehicles, Health, Weapons Pickups @ Restareas
* Nitro
* Auto Car Flip
* Buy a Hotring Racer
* All Islands Open
* Bodyguard Feature

[ CREDITS ]

- Knife and his I420 Mission Script
- Spaceeinstein and his I420 San-An Style Paths
- EDS and his French Fregate Model
- Solo and his Rockstar Height Manor
- And all the wounderful people of the GTA Community

====
The Deathsquad
===

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 March 2005 - 09:00 PM Edited by spaceeinstein, 30 April 2005 - 06:57 PM.

SPACEEINSTIEN'S NEW PATHS PROGRESS
user posted image

Interstate 420 Paths

Hey, want to use this image somewhere?
http://img.photobuck...yltweedy2ti.bmp

wiseblood
  • wiseblood

BERSERKER

• Members

Posted 24 March 2005 - 09:01 PM

great to finally see it completed. thanks for the great mod deathsquad rah.gif

DeathSquad
  • DeathSquad

• Members

Posted 24 March 2005 - 09:17 PM Edited by DeathSquad, 24 March 2005 - 09:28 PM.

Hey look, there's an extra E in your name, when did you get that? Joking, bad eye sight, high resolution and sitting 3 feet from my monitor biggrin.gif Fixed, and thanks Wiseblood, you can also thank Winter cause I work for an ice factory, and no one wants ice in -40'f weather, but luckly with global warming we're in the positives, and I'll return back to work, so I can buy San An (and a dvd-rom..or a new computer). I'll try and use the calandar image somewhere but I can't promise it though, my brain as turned into mush, but if there's a 2.1 I'll put it in. And yeah, the paths I had to remove does suck, but I can tell you that its right at the limit, so i didn't delete anything unessessary to the cause. Only the airport & golf course were sliced up thankfully though. *3rd edit*

Heh, then I noticed the links & title on the mod post stil said 1.6... suicidal.gif

splitty
  • splitty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 March 2005 - 09:45 PM Edited by splitty, 03 June 2005 - 09:54 AM.

nvm

DeathSquad
  • DeathSquad

• Members

Posted 24 March 2005 - 10:05 PM Edited by DeathSquad, 24 March 2005 - 10:11 PM.

Crap on a stick...

--> VCM USERS, READ THIS

I forgot to mention in the "VCM Installation" instructions of the DSREADME file that you still need to use the VC Limit Adjuster, available at Steve-M's page, his page is linked off my page, and I believe above. You need to use this program to make the mod work, its very simple, look in the manual installation for the instructions on this. Hopefully that'll help you splitty.

splitty
  • splitty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 March 2005 - 10:54 PM Edited by splitty, 24 March 2005 - 10:58 PM.

i narrowed it down to the dff or txd files it must be one of those
as to which one, well i betta get started smile.gif

p.s. like ur site, nice cars wink.gif

DeathSquad
  • DeathSquad

• Members

Posted 25 March 2005 - 02:18 AM

Well, as said in the description I did test the mod out on a modded VC and a clean VC, all seems to work. Previous version had some odd problem with Dmagic's Wheels despite being really no relation between the two. If I removed a certain piece (LODogo.dff which is no longer used) the game would work with Dmagic, put that piece (and I think only that piece) back in, the game worked. But 2.0 has been tested with Dmagic in place, so hopefully its not this mystery.

If you find something of course let me know, anyone else having problems getting this thing to worK?

weaselman
  • weaselman

STONEDFERRET

• Members

Posted 25 March 2005 - 02:54 AM

i downloaded the vmm version 2.0 and it seems to be working fine even with the wheel mod

Wannabe729
  • Wannabe729

A Lemming

• Members

Posted 25 March 2005 - 03:19 AM

Around 15-20 cars replaced, and been playing for 15 minutes without any errors. Looks very promising as a final version.

Ducati996
  • Ducati996

Colt_Seavers

• Members

Posted 25 March 2005 - 03:37 AM

damn... that's cool. Have to post on that.

I remember this project from way back, like you said, good to hear there is a final version now. I will definitely have to check that one out.

Good stuff, Respect, I'm sure tons of hours of work went into that MOD... inlove.gif

rahkstar2.gif ph34r.gif

DeathSquad
  • DeathSquad

• Members

Posted 25 March 2005 - 06:43 AM

Thanks again biggrin.gif it does feel good to have this mod done, only took me nearly two years and many versions. Time wise for this specific I420 is about.......I can't really say, I can say I pretty much spent 4 to 8 hours a day working on this, and yes I have no life suicidal.gif er well, no job until the snow melts. Of course it still could use some work, but I'm happy with it (textures could be redone, I pinched alot on the newer models, highway part alignment, etc) but I figured with SA out on the PS2 and the PC version coming up, get'r done.

Knife here on the forums is working on a Mission Script addition for the I420, right now includes a checkpoint mission, parked cars, pickups, nos and other features for the highway. Unfortunatly he posted his work today only a few hours before I posted V2, but it still works. The zip of his mod includes a replacement IPL for the interstate, which replaces the gas station you're suppose to start at on the map, it had been moved as you will see due to the Crosstown Express section, but it almost works out fine. Give him props and support so we can see more happy.gif

Knife's Interstate 420 Mission Script Beta [0.5mb]

Fro
  • Fro

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 March 2005 - 07:36 AM

A suggestion to the Mission thing:

A FREEWAY CHASE. That will set you in the record books as a hero.

splitty
  • splitty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 March 2005 - 08:53 AM

i gave up, armybase and a ton of other files were corrupt or didnt work sad.gif
downloading again now hopefully it should work biggrin.gif

splitty
  • splitty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 March 2005 - 10:57 AM

for some reason vcmm is refusing to install thid mod angry.gif
and i dont get along with rar files, unless they have scripting files
could u put it in a zip for me rolleyes.gif please smile.gif

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 25 March 2005 - 11:17 AM

Try to refrain from double posting please, next time just edit your first post and add the text in you want instead of posting twice in a row. smile.gif

Nice work on the mod, I will hopefully get around to trying it out at some point. Next to see your still working on it after all this time also.

Wannabe729
  • Wannabe729

A Lemming

• Members

Posted 25 March 2005 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE (splitty @ Mar 25 2005, 10:57)
for some reason vcmm is refusing to install thid mod angry.gif
and i dont get along with rar files, unless they have scripting files
could u put it in a zip for me rolleyes.gif please smile.gif

Seems like a problem with your VCMM. The file opened and installed fine for me.

masterwiz2003
  • masterwiz2003

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 March 2005 - 03:17 PM

all i get when i click on that link is a bunch of text from a website called waterdeepmud.com

DeathSquad
  • DeathSquad

• Members

Posted 25 March 2005 - 05:58 PM

@masterwiz2003: which link you're talking about? Waterdeepmud.com is where my web site is hosted, along with the mod files (I own the entire site), but I just checked all the links and got download prompts. They are RAR ARCHIEVE files, and not zips, so if you're not use to downloading them, I think when you attempt it would open the file, thus giving you a lovely screen of garbled text characters.

@splitty: Check in later this evening, I have a zip version uploading right now, but it'll take about an hour or so to upload (dialup...).

Ducati996
  • Ducati996

Colt_Seavers

• Members

Posted 25 March 2005 - 06:42 PM

rahkstar2.gif rah.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif inlove.gif inlove.gif biggrin.gif

My emotions in emoticons... lol

Anyway... i will try to keep it short. I just had a go with your mod. I have installed it manually. I have an older PC (AMD 1000Mhz, 256 MB RAM, Geforce2 GTS Pro Grafx and stuff...).

I am running a fully modded Vice and every car has been replaced, even boats and planes and weapons and billboards and textures and god knows what... I removed the two mapmods i had on, and put yours in instead...

I must say I am in love, it works fine. A few minor lags I guess, but that's my system... I love the MOD... You get my full respect for this. I wub you... Man this truly is the shizzle. I found two things for now, but I guess you know... first of all the ramp east of the mall, when you drive it up, the car sinks into the road... (colfile I guess), and on starfish island there are cables through the road and on the Intercity Express somewhere a few trees... but I love it still... I will enjoy this one much longer I guess... Brilliant MOD... Total respect.

I don't know if I didn't install everything, but I guess the Pay'n'Spray's don't work or do they?

Lovin' it really... Keep it up, looking forward to other stuff of yours... pics can be enlarged...

user posted imageuser posted image

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 March 2005 - 09:27 PM Edited by spaceeinstein, 05 April 2005 - 06:53 PM.

Hey Ducati, how many files is modified in your game? I have 657 files modded in VC already.

Anything that involves doing something to your car, people's cars, and all the other crap are controlled by the main.scm.

DoKeR
  • DoKeR

Old Power

• Members

Posted 25 March 2005 - 09:57 PM

this is awesome !! much respect for this cookie.gif cookie.gif
I love it,the roadstops look great and the salvation statue is a feckin great idea !

almost the entire city looks different with this mod, amazing work
cograts for completing this !

Ducati996
  • Ducati996

Colt_Seavers

• Members

Posted 26 March 2005 - 12:54 AM

hey Spaceeinstein...

I don't know how many modded files I have in game... like I said. I replaced more or less every vehicle, some are pretty highpoly as you can see from the pics... even have Harlequin's 120000 poly chevelle in there. I took it for a ride and it works okay... I also replaced more or less all weapons and some sounds, most billboard, mansion and hotel texture, those kind of things...

hope that is enough...

As for the rest...:

I discovered the following things... in my game the Avery construction site is looking very weird. looks like some textures are missing and there is a glass house like the one you blow up floating in the air...

Similar to your bug, like I said, the north-east ramp next to the mall is funny when you drive up too...

...then i noticed like you say, that some cars seem to turn in funny places... paths are not complete I guess...

and i never found no halfpipe so far... alien.gif blush.gif biggrin.gif

i think that is about it for now... there was something else, but i can't remember now... great mod anyway... love it.

Wish the Pay'n'Spray would work...

here's some more shots...

user posted image

wiseblood
  • wiseblood

BERSERKER

• Members

Posted 26 March 2005 - 04:02 AM Edited by wiseblood, 26 March 2005 - 04:18 AM.

i installed the vcm version and like you say the paths were messed up(cars doing u turns and whatnot) when i uninstalled it the paths were still screwed up. still a great mod though

i've never seen an npc driving down the alley before...

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 March 2005 - 04:47 AM

It is recommended to start new game when installing the paths, so it will work.

DeathSquad
  • DeathSquad

• Members

Posted 26 March 2005 - 07:00 AM Edited by DeathSquad, 26 March 2005 - 07:47 AM.

Evening ya'll,

Bigger response than the first release, excellent. I would like to thank everyone for their compliments, I've worked for about 8 years with online games, namely MUDs if you know what they are (hence WaterdeepMud.Com). Its a text base game and sadly slowly dieing due to everyone with broadband and of course, the magic of graphics. Its the ancient form of multiplayer online games, even if it is text. Its the reason I've very long winded when I write on forums, I've hardly bothered to use them, GTAForums has been the most I've been actively on. And this is my first true mod, the only other things under my belt are the DS-Linerun mods with the sleeper cab and trailers, and probably something else. Thanks again everyone.

Now to the fun things that have cropped up, I'll go down the line.

- Pay & Sprays are not suppose to work, I've only used the building model and gave it an interior, like I did with the gas station. I have yet to look into Mission Modding, I've done Raw C coding but its a different world. But it would definitely be good to have them.

- Mall ramp I'm well aware of, that was the last piece edited on the mod, and I had edited it about 2 minutes before I uploaded the zips. I knew it was freaky, I just wanted to be done, heh.

- The Ocean Ramp I was not aware of, if I'm guessing the Collision Mesh is backwards, all the cols are made via COL-ISO which you gotta rotate 180 before importing. The Leaf Link Heights ramp was backwards when I was trying to get this out, and I thought I had inspected all ramps. Trouble is even backwards you can access them from the right side. Left side should totally be ghosted.

- The paths/cars turn in weird places because as I was told by someone, its what happens when you use the Path Editor in Moo-Mapper .92. I could be wrong though. This is why all the other paths on the map are acting weird, which was not suppose to happen because I copy all but the 420 paths out when editing them, but I might have hit save while in moo mapper at some point. Also I have yet to start a new game, which could also be it. As for being freakish when uninstalling, I will double check, but VCM should replace it with the original that was copied over.

- Avery Construction Site....was never touched, and I never noticed it looking weird on mine, but I'll confirm that later tonight. There is a very possible memory bug floating around with this mod, during construction the blown up remains of the Coffee Shop from the Mall was appearing in the water underneath certain sections I had recently edited. Last I saw it, it was next to reaper island.

- Half Pipe is on Reaper Island Exit 433. This is the graveyard, gas works and such. I'll double check, knowing me I forgot to make sure it was on the island when I exported.

And a big thanks to SpaceEinstein, and not Space-in-stein, I'm still trying to figure out how many times I've posted your name and mispelled it. I've yet to see much of San An, guessing R* went with single paths for each direction, rather than the dual lane single path thing Vice seems to have going on. I thought about that myself, I had pondered finishing the paths to include the ramps, was going to add a third set of paths in the 3rd lane to create even more traffic. Can't wait to see the finished product.

So I guess there will be a 2.1 in the future, which I'll rework the textures, which I will say was one of the last things I learned, reason why they are freaky, that and I'm lazy. For now though I'll be posting up "additions" and things on the 1st post of this thread, and occationally updating my web page, which needs it right now.

[ Update/Edit ]

Just inspected both Ocean Drive ramps, appear fine on mine, currently using the VCM Version. I'll have to check them on my regular manual installed copy. Also I see the Avery Site Oddness...also in the VCM version. And to mention the power lines I know some cut into a few bridges, each tower and line set is one item, and there's little to no room to add things, without destroy parts of Vice, unless I'm smoking krak. Anyways, time to jump over to the original files. Manual Install version is the same way, Avery Construction Site looks freaky and none of the Ocean Ramps are screwed up. And while driving by the trees sticking up through the highway, I left those in, I redid the IPL replacements once again 20 minutes before posting the mod up, I did it once and RIGHT at the end, Moo Mapper oddly enough blows its brains out on me, and as usually I didn't save. So getting into a crappy mood I redid it, and left those in since they're not in the way, one its just a branch no col, the other is underneath the Starfish Ramp. I'm going to check the Avery thing tommorrow with I420 not installed, see if its still freaky looking, and maybe locate the mystery blown up coffee shop underneath the water.

tryptomine_sniper
  • tryptomine_sniper

Uber Forum Lurker.

• Members

Posted 26 March 2005 - 09:27 AM Edited by tryptomine_sniper, 26 March 2005 - 10:14 AM.

ok, here is a problem, the vcmm download link appears to either be incomplete or something on my machine is preventing it from downloading everything...here is what I mean: only contains 3 files, no sub-folders or anything, just he following files: DSREADME.txt, 1420v2.vcm, and 1420cversion2promo.jpg, none of the required files are there, therefore vcmm refuses to even attempt to install it. the manual install appears to have everything, just he vcmm version is screwing with me, if anyone else has this problem, then let ds know so it can be fixed.

[EDIT] the no traffic/peds glitch haunts me yet again, though the missing piece problem thankfully didn't appear this time. good job man

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 26 March 2005 - 09:50 AM

Gonna work on the script today. Should be done by the end of the day (or sooner). If anyone has other suggestions for the mission script post them here and I will see what I can do.

OMG allmost forgot to say NICE WORK deathsquad

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 26 March 2005 - 02:15 PM Edited by Knife, 26 March 2005 - 02:59 PM.

Sorry to DP but this is a while after my last post...

The mission script is ready for version 2.0!

Picture...
user posted image

Features:

Checkpoint Mission
Buy a hotring racer
Nitro
Parked cars
Pickups
Weapon pickups
New starting possition
New introduction screen

INTERSTATE 420-C MISSION SCRIPT 2

Sodisna
  • Sodisna

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 March 2005 - 02:45 PM

Death, can you make a version without the statute? It makes my pc run like crap.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users