BUGS, GLITCHES, and INCOMPLETES

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,280 replies to this topic
SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2007 - 09:11 PM Edited by SteaVor, 27 January 2007 - 09:28 PM.

I flipped the text on the monument at the SSV subway station (airport), because it was shown upside down.
submonument.zip

I removed the little blue dots that marked the bottem left corner on every radar tile because they've become obsolete I suppose.
radar.zip

Yet another fence:
user posted image
(You can see that I can still walk around even though 8Ball is dead. 'Give me Liberty' has not been restarted though my car(with 8-Ball inside) flipped over and exploded.)

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 28 January 2007 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE (Ministry @ Jan 27 2007, 00:58)
Thanks a lot, AK-73. I appreciate when someone explains it so plainly and to the point. I’ll check out how it works tonight at home.
Thumb up.

.................... 5 hours later ................

Sorry but doesn’t work. The game doesn’t react to any changes in file vc_weather.cfg at all.
Have you got any other idea how to control  weather values besides deleting that file?

I included the original VC: Weather module in the 2.7t package rather than messing with the CFG at that stage. I think the values were pretty much right anyways wink.gif . The game should respond to any changes you may to the CFG nonetheless.

To answer your original question - removing the two files should just make the weather exactly the same as it is in VC (except for timecyc.dat being changed to match GTA3's more). So if you're insistent on having VC-type lighting, weather, etc., in LC, and changing the CFG doesn't work for you, then removing the files should suit you fine smile.gif .

QUOTE (murka @ Jan 28 2007, 03:16)
I just downloaded 2.7 and whenever I click new game the lil blue bar loads halfway then closes and a window saying this pops up:
Exception at address: 0x0048AD71

EXE Version:          gta-vc.exe 1.0 US

Registers -----------------------------------------------------

EAX: 0x0000050E EBX: 0x00000000 ECX: 0x00000000 EDX: 0x00000924

ESI: 0x0012FB10 EDI: 0x007120D8 EBP: 0x0012FB18 ESP: 0x0012FAEC

EFLAGS: 10000001001000110

What does this mean??? nervous.gif

Read the readme included with the download as it has several suggestions on how to fix some problems, and even why some problems might occur. If you still have no idea then post again.

QUOTE (SteaVor @ Jan 28 2007, 08:11)
I flipped the text on the monument at the SSV subway station (airport), because it was shown upside down.
submonument.zip

I removed the little blue dots that marked the bottem left corner on every radar tile because they've become obsolete I suppose.
radar.zip

Yet another fence:
user posted image
(You can see that I can still walk around even though 8Ball is dead. 'Give me Liberty' has not been restarted though my car(with 8-Ball inside) flipped over and exploded.)

Thanks for those two fixes. I've got them and I'm putting together another little update package which I'll send to Craig shortly for hosting.

Also, I've added those two bugs to the checklist for you as well. Keep up the good work icon14.gif .

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 29 January 2007 - 01:47 PM

QUOTE (Ben @ Jan 28 2007, 23:17)
QUOTE (Ministry @ Jan 27 2007, 00:58)
Thanks a lot, AK-73. I appreciate when someone explains it so plainly and to the point. I�ll check out how it works tonight at home.
Thumb up.

.................... 5 hours later ................

Sorry but doesn�t work. The game doesn�t react to any changes in file vc_weather.cfg at all.
Have you got any other idea how to control  weather values besides deleting that file?

I included the original VC: Weather module in the 2.7t package rather than messing with the CFG at that stage. I think the values were pretty much right anyways wink.gif . The game should respond to any changes you may to the CFG nonetheless.

To answer your original question - removing the two files should just make the weather exactly the same as it is in VC (except for timecyc.dat being changed to match GTA3's more). So if you're insistent on having VC-type lighting, weather, etc., in LC, and changing the CFG doesn't work for you, then removing the files should suit you fine smile.gif .

Last time I checked, the .cfg would work right. Would anyone else check for me how it goes for them?

Alex

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2007 - 04:39 PM Edited by SteaVor, 29 January 2007 - 05:35 PM.

OK, I tested 'Give Me Liberty' extensively. The results are reproducable, so it's not a one-off bug:
- Committing suicide without having entered the car beforehand -> mission restarts (remove_text and clear_area would be nice)
- Destroying the car without having entered the car beforehand -> mission restarts
- Committing suicide after you entered the car at least once* -> No restart, you can't do any missions (manual restart needed)
- Destroying the car after you entered it at least once* -> mission restarts

*message'Hey! Get back in the vehicle!' triggered
-----------------------
At the airport: WTF!?
user posted imageuser posted image

Where do all these mapping issues come from? Am I the only one experiencing such things (even though the problem are the files, not the rendering, iten_block06.dff contains the faulty object in this case), are the files in the update package really up-to-date etc....
user posted image

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (SteaVor @ Jan 29 2007, 11:39)
OK, I tested 'Give Me Liberty' extensively. The results are reproducable, so it's not a one-off bug:
- Committing suicide without having entered the car beforehand -> mission restarts (remove_text and clear_area would be nice)
- Destroying the car without having entered the car beforehand -> mission restarts
- Committing suicide after you entered the car at least once* -> No restart, you can't do any missions (manual restart needed)
- Destroying the car after you entered it at least once* -> mission restarts

*message'Hey! Get back in the vehicle!' triggered

Now that's a quality scm bug report. With that info, I should be able to trace through the mission code and see where the specific issue is. I don't know when I'll be able to do that, but I think I can check it out within a couple of days.

Serafim
  • Serafim

Prankster

• Members

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:46 PM

SteaVor: WOW! That's what I call testing! tounge.gif . I usually do tests like that, but they never went THAT far.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE (SteaVor @ Jan 30 2007, 03:39)
At the airport: WTF!?
user posted imageuser posted image

Where do all these mapping issues come from? Am I the only one experiencing such things (even though the problem are the files, not the rendering, iten_block06.dff contains the faulty object in this case), are the files in the update package really up-to-date etc....
user posted image

The files in the update package are the most up-to-date as far as I know. I extracted the IMG from the first v7test package, and then overwrote any old files with their updates from the 2.7up package. So it should contain all the latest files.

I haven't had a great deal of time lately to do anything much with LC testing, so I can't check it out and see if it's an issue only you're having or what the deal is, but hopefully someone can. It had crossed my mind that perhaps space's IDE updates for the wet roads caused some conflict somewhere along the way, but you say that the problem is in the actual model file itself, so that rules that out. It's a tad strange confused.gif .

Anyways - excellent work on the bug reports too icon14.gif .

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:21 PM Edited by SteaVor, 29 January 2007 - 09:29 PM.

Ah, i shouldn't have edited the post twice because it's totally wrong now.
Corrected:
- Committing suicide after you entered the car at least once -> mission restarts
- Destroying the car after you entered it at least once -> restart under certain circumstances (see below)
As you see, it's the other way around (wasted/busted check makes the mission restart of course, regardless of other circumstances)
I tested it again and I was really surprised when I could finally recreate the situation neccessary to reproduce the bug:
1) enter the vehicle
2) drive where you want to (halfway down the Callahan Bridge is enough)
You can however also stay at the starting point, if you want. You'll see what happens. tounge.gif
3) destroy the car. You can walk around as you like now, but you can't do any story missions.
4) If you go to that exact part of Callahan bridge where you started with 8Ball the mission will be restarted. You will however keep your current weapons and health!
(If you barely moved the car at 2) or didn't move it at all the mission will be restarted immediately.)

The problem seems to be a player_in_cube conditional or something similar. Additionally, the player isn't reset properly. Should be relatively easy to fix now. (If I weren't too deterred by the 'spagetti form' of the scm I'd do it myself. But it's too confusing.)

(btw: That I'm programming myself would most probably be the reason for my extensive bug reports you are so enthusiastic about every time.)

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:53 PM Edited by Konstantinos, 29 January 2007 - 11:49 PM.

QUOTE (SteaVor @ Jan 29 2007, 22:21)
(btw: That I'm programming myself would most probably be the reason for my extensive bug reports you are so enthusiastic about every time.)

Phew! My reports were much better. Has everyone forgotten about the hard work I've done over the years?! cryani.gif
Only joking! You're doing a fine job, SteaVor, please keep it up! lol.gif

The person to blame for those model bugs is spaceeinstein. His big model update that was included in the 2.7 package is obviously rather flawed sad.gif

glenster
  • glenster

True

• Members

Posted 30 January 2007 - 08:12 AM

The concrete ground by the steps a couple blocks N from the Portland hospital and across the street from the pizza shop is non-solid.

I updated but didn't update the audio. The ambient sound by Misty's apt. building and by the place next to the sex club is just a clicking kind of sound--it sounds a little like the sound the guy with a walkman normally makes, except he isn't making that sound now.

One of the two times I had Claude honk his vehicle's horn by Misty's apt. building, the screen went gray for a few moments before she appeared by the vehicle.

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 30 January 2007 - 10:35 AM Edited by Konstantinos, 30 January 2007 - 03:44 PM.

QUOTE (glenster @ Jan 30 2007, 09:12)
I updated but didn't update the audio.  The ambient sound by Misty's apt. building and by the place next to the sex club is just a clicking kind of sound--it sounds a little like the sound the guy with a walkman normally makes, except he isn't making that sound now.

...well why are you telling us? smile.gif Both of those sounds are fixed in the SFX update.
The "Saint Mark's hole" is known. The collision object to be fixed is ind_mainten3 in industNE.col, but I'm not skilled enough to do that. Any help?

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2007 - 08:34 PM

FYI, the texture opposite of the hospital is actually solid as I confirmed now! (This means iten_block06.dff AND the corresponding *.col file were changed. ) I have no idea why there would have been the need for such deep changes to the model. Why would it have to be changed at all?
So I have no idea how that faulty file could get into the package. The files of previous versions had been OK and the only thing changed lately would've been a flag fix, but not a change to the model itself. Or did I miss something (work behind the scenes)?

Would restoring the previous versions(heck, even GTAIIIs original files would work!) be an option or would it cause inconsistencies in appearance?

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 30 January 2007 - 10:19 PM Edited by Konstantinos, 30 January 2007 - 10:23 PM.

QUOTE (SteaVor @ Jan 30 2007, 21:34)
FYI, the texture opposite of the hospital is actually solid as I confirmed now! (This means iten_block06.dff AND the corresponding *.col file were changed. ) I have no idea why there would have been the need for such deep changes to the model. Why would it have to be changed at all?
So I have no idea how that faulty file could get into the package. The files of previous versions had been OK and the only thing changed lately would've been a flag fix, but not a change to the model itself. Or did I miss something (work behind the scenes)?

Would restoring the previous versions(heck, even GTAIIIs original files would work!) be an option or would it cause inconsistencies in appearance?

Well, I have the big disadvantage of not owning GTA3, so I don't know how exactly the city is supposed to look. I was completely satisfied with the previous appearance, but if it can be made more authentic, then by all means we should go for it. But why spaceeinstein made stuff like that nonsensical platform thingy (with collision!) is beyond me. He moves in mysterious ways dontgetit.gif
user posted image
lol!

space_einstein
  • space_einstein

Snitch

• Feroci Racing

Posted 31 January 2007 - 01:20 AM Edited by space_einstein, 31 January 2007 - 03:38 AM.

I didn't do that. There are more than one person working on cols and I haven't touched them in one year. I'll upload my own col file for you again later tomorrow.

Who is in charge of updating the gta3.img? Only a few of my texture fixes are actually in there. There are many textures that weren't updated with my files at all.

The tunnels in GTA3 are wet when raining. Please revert back the IDE files to my original. You HAVE to confirm WITH PROOF that GTA3 doesn't have rain in the tunnels and you don't have proof. Why?

The brass knuckles icon was positioned like beacause that was based on Vice City.

Since I thought that the one-sided textures were fixed, I used the old fence model. Since I can't confirm that the one-sided texture fix didn't work, I didn't know that it wouldn't work. I thought the IIItoVC.asi fixed the one-sided texture problem...

When I come back this weekend, I will try to fix as much glitches that this mod has.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 31 January 2007 - 01:43 AM

Ben's in charge of putting the image together these days.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 31 January 2007 - 06:00 AM

Yeah. Although I'm almost 100% sure all your updates were added. I've got to make a few changes to the IMG over the next week, so I'll check it all out then. If there's a whole bunch of stuff I've overlooked, I'll recompile it and upload it (to save everyone else the trouble).

Regarding the COLs - as far as I was aware, no changes have been made to those for around 6 months (when Ryan was still working on them in conjunction with space). There's been no updates since then that I'm aware of, so I don't know what's changed there confused.gif .

The IDEs are an easy enough fix - I can sort that out icon14.gif .

Are you sure about the brassknuckle icon? I could be wrong, but I don't remember it being the way you had it in VC. I don't have the time right now to confirm it for myself though confused.gif .

The IIItoVC.asi should make GTA3 environment models compatible with LC. I know that there were plans to copy some GTA3 models into LC, but I don't think it ever happened. The reason this is possible is because it disabled backface culling in LC. I'm not quite following what you're saying there with this space, so I hope that answers it smile.gif .

Looks like I've got my work cut out for me too. It'll be great to have you back to work on some more stuff too space smile.gif .

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 31 January 2007 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE (space_einstein)
The tunnels in GTA3 are wet when raining. Please revert back the IDE files to my original. You HAVE to confirm WITH PROOF that GTA3 doesn't have rain in the tunnels and you don't have proof. Why?

because...
QUOTE (Me)
Well, I have the big disadvantage of not owning GTA3, so I don't know how exactly the city is supposed to look.

and
QUOTE (Ben)
As for the wet roads issue - Kon, I'm almost certain that the roads in the tunnels are NOT wet in GTA3.

I depent on informations from others about GTA3, and I took Ben's word for granted. But now that you mention it... I believe the rigorosity of porting GTA3 is still open to discussion. While the road getting wet inside a long tunnel may be GTA3-true, it's also a nonsense. A goof. So why not fix it? What's wrong with making this mod better than the original? It's just my opinion, naturally. The final decision is Ben's and Ben's alone.

As for the model bugs - well, if ben assembled the IMG and he says that yours were the only building models he had added, then I had no reason to think it was anyone else's fault. It's not like that other thing. If you didn't do it, then it's quite a mystery. dontgetit.gif

And yes, your brass knuckles icon was correct: smile.gif
user posted image

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 January 2007 - 06:08 PM

The position of the brass knuckles was correct, but the boarders of the icons are different between GTAIII and VC, so you can't apply the absolute position of the VC brass knuckles to the LC icon without making it look strange. I put the brass knuckles in the center as it had been put on the red icon before. I don't mind if you change the position to the bottom right again, but you can't use VC's absolute position. It simply doesn't look right.

And I assumed it was self-evident that porting III over to VC also offered the chance to correct R*'s mistakes. So I would definitely want the tunnels to be dry. Porting the bugs just to stay true to an 'unaltered III experience' would just be stupid.

space_einstein
  • space_einstein

Snitch

• Feroci Racing

Posted 31 January 2007 - 08:04 PM

Alright. Can those awkward files be made as unofficial mods then?

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 January 2007 - 09:27 PM

I know that you're probably sick of that discussion, but where's the benefit of not fixing obvious bugs?

(Please don't take any of my posts as a personal insult! I do respect other people's viewpoints, but you'd have to convince me of yours. tounge.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 01 February 2007 - 07:15 AM Edited by Ben, 01 February 2007 - 07:17 AM.

QUOTE (SteaVor @ Feb 1 2007, 05:08)
And I assumed it was self-evident that porting III over to VC also offered the chance to correct R*'s mistakes. So I would definitely want the tunnels to be dry. Porting the bugs just to stay true to an 'unaltered III experience' would just be stupid.

That's always been my thoughts too. We're going for authenticity to a degree, but it's nice also to fix some of the bugs from GTA3 as well.

I actually prefer SteaVor's brassknuckles icon - for no reason other than I think it just looks better centred. Unless there's any serious objections to me leaving it in instead of space's, I think we'll use it. Remember though that it's nothing serious - the only way you can get brassknuckles (at this stage) is to use a weapon cheat.

Regarding the wet roads fix - my word perhaps isn't the best to trust, but that's another good example of something we can fix for LC. There's no logical reason for the tunnels to be wet in LC - plus it's less work for me to restore space's IDE file tounge.gif . I think we might just leave it in (again, unless there's any serious objections).

@space - if you'd like your brassknuckles icon to be put on the unofficial list, just let me know and I'll fix it up for you smile.gif .

EDIT - space, I'm not sure what happened, but I just checked my uncompiled IMG (from which I compiled the IMG in the latest package), and I've got all the TXD updates you released in there confused.gif .

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2007 - 08:26 PM Edited by SteaVor, 03 February 2007 - 03:14 PM.

OK, that's a fix for the St. Marks collision file, which fixes the block north of the hospital. Added 3 boxes to ind_mainten3 for proper collision.
industNE.col

Building at hospital reverted to remove the 'platform'. Files changed are iten_block96.dff and temppart.col
itenblock06.zip

space_einstein
  • space_einstein

Snitch

• Feroci Racing

Posted 03 February 2007 - 04:31 PM

O crap, I'm so sorry. I was using my old gta3.img. Ignore anything I said about that.

insomniacnumba1
  • insomniacnumba1

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 February 2007 - 04:39 PM

mines is really annoying when i load up LC there is a hybrid between LC and VC graphics plus when i start a game it starts the VC way

Serafim
  • Serafim

Prankster

• Members

Posted 04 February 2007 - 03:19 AM Edited by Serafim, 05 February 2007 - 03:50 AM.

Here it comes, more serafim reports tounge.gif

Bugs and Incompletes:

*** In the mission “Chaperone”, if you skip the cutscene before claude finishes going upstairs, after the mission, you get stuck walking until it reaches the stairs;

*** In the mission “Paparazzi Purge”, when the boat goes until the end of his way, the mission crashes, instead of give a Mission Failed;

*** If you get in Newport, it points as Stauton Island;

*** In the mission “Gone Fishing”, sometimes the grenades stay in the boat, making the target die and pass the mission;

*** In the mission “Rumble” from D-Ice, if you kill the purple nines with fists, the mission fails;

*** In gta3, when you blow up a car, you earn a certain ammount of money (not sure how much);

*** In gta3, when you damage a car strongfully, you earn money (it’s a formule, I think it’s like the addiction of the damages taken in both cars);

*** In the newest v7 test, the sniper and rocketlauncher “clicks” were removed, but they happen in gta3 too;

*** You need to take 2x more damage than gta3 to the van in “Van Heist” mission to make the security leaves it;

*** If you turn the sound on and leave the Mr.Whoopee, the sound stops (In gta3, the sound continues playing);

*** The noise when you get the hidden package is wrong (it’s converted, but wrong file);

*** In gta3, at the mission “The Getaway”, two of the robbers die in the bank, what doesn’t happen in gtalc;

*** In the mission “Chaperone”, after Chico’s cutscene, he jumps into the water (which doesn’t happen in gta3 of course hahaha);

*** In the mission “Chaperone”, the warehouse should have smoke in the door (as dry ice);

*** In the mission “Bomb Da Base Act II”, the explosion particles are different from gta3, and the ship sinking particles on water don’t work;

Bugs reported that aren't actually bugs:

Modeling #9: That’s a bug, but same happens in gta3;

*** The animation in “Van Heist” mission doesn’t work (It doesn’t happen in gta3 either);

SCM#10: Same gta3; (You've already unmarked, Ben)

*** After rain, rainbow appears (same gta3);

SCM #24: Same in gta3, even thought it was supposed (or not?) to reach 6 stars, but doesn't due a gta3 bug;

I finally got gta3 back, so I could confirm them

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 05 February 2007 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (SteaVor @ Feb 3 2007, 07:26)
OK, that's a fix for the St. Marks collision file, which fixes the block north of the hospital. Added 3 boxes to ind_mainten3 for proper collision.
industNE.col

Building at hospital reverted to remove the 'platform'. Files changed are iten_block96.dff and temppart.col
itenblock06.zip

Thanks mate, I've got them. Nice work icon14.gif .

QUOTE (space_einstein @ Feb 4 2007, 03:31)
O crap, I'm so sorry. I was using my old gta3.img. Ignore anything I said about that.

No worries mate smile.gif .

QUOTE (insomniacnumba1 @ Feb 4 2007, 03:39)
mines is really annoying when i load up LC there is a hybrid between LC and VC graphics plus when i start a game it starts the VC way

I'm not exactly sure how it could possibly be doing that confused.gif . Are you running gta-lc.exe (NOT gta-vc.exe)? Do you have the latest package installed?

QUOTE (Serafim @ Feb 4 2007, 14:19)
*** If you get in Newport, it points as Stauton Island

If you get what in Newport? tounge.gif

*** In gta3, at the mission “The Getaway”, two of the robbers die in the bank, what doesn’t happen in gtalc

Are you absolutely sure? I seem to remember it varying (as in, two of the robbers didn't always die).

*** The crane animation is buggy, it closes too fast (That’s not a bug, same happens in gta3)

Which bug exactly are you talking about here? A section and number would be really helpful smile.gif .

*** The animation in “Van Heist” mission doesn’t work (It doesn’t happen in gta3 either)

Again, a section and number please. I don't follow with this one either.

*** After rain, rainbow appears (same gta3)

I think you've read this one wrong. It says a rainbow appears after sunset sometimes, not after rain wink.gif .

Great work on the others though - I've added them to and/or crossed them off the checklist as applicable icon14.gif .

Serafim
  • Serafim

Prankster

• Members

Posted 05 February 2007 - 04:35 PM Edited by Serafim, 05 February 2007 - 04:46 PM.

Sorry Ben, I was adding all the bugs in a doc file and then posted it, but I didn't check out before. It's edited now! I didn't find the number of the security guards animation confused.gif

Anyways, I've just noticed that the Rocket Launcher is flipped by horizon AND vertically:

In gtaLC it's like this:

user posted image

And in gta3 it's in this position:

user posted image

It can be related to the animation difference too, I don't know.

Just something adding, the flamethrower animation is the same as shotgun in gta3, so you don't need to convert both and accidentally mess with minigun animation =)

*** If you get in Newport, it points as Stauton Island;

Explaining: When you get in Newport area, it was supposed to say "Newport", but it says "Stauton Island" (probably a gxt bug)

*** In the mission “Paparazzi Purge”, when the boat goes until the end of his way, the mission crashes, instead of give a Mission Failed;

Actually, the mission doesn't fail. The game is possibly crashing when the guy tries to leave the boat and get his car

*** In gta3, at the mission “The Getaway”, two of the robbers die in the bank, what doesn’t happen in gtalc;

My mistake, sorry. It's random, or maybe just a gta3 bug.

Also, the particles need to be converted, if it wasn't mentioned yet. The black smoke in "Grand Theft Aero" has to do with the particles (in the cutscene, the black smoke appears too, but the real particle is blood going out of Miguel when Catalina shoots him).

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 06 February 2007 - 12:05 AM

Thanks mate smile.gif . I've fixed up the checklist icon14.gif .

Also, just a quick note to everyone - there's a new v7test package out (see the pinned updates topic for the download link).

Serafim
  • Serafim

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 February 2007 - 02:39 AM Edited by Ben, 06 February 2007 - 04:56 AM.

Some guns have some issues with crouching. The ak47 and M16 shoots slower crouching, the Uzi shoot as fast as gtavc's uzi when crouching and the shotgun double-shots when crouching (it shots once when the gun is aiming and again when it's back to the non-shooting position, so it shoots double faster).

The shotgun is a bit different between gtalc and gta3. In gtalc, you can switch the shotgun faster (like the mta switching, but in default timing of course), but in gta3, he reloads the gun before you're able to switch or walk (You can jump, like with all guns, but that's a gta engine glitch or something)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The cameras from gta3 need to be converted, their position between close, middle and far are different (in gta3 they don't go much far, they move a bit behind and higher), and the gta2 camera needs to be converted (Is this even posible? I think so. Otherwise, cam hacks wouldn't exist tounge.gif )

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 06 February 2007 - 05:01 AM

Oops, my bad - I must've overlooked the vertical bit blush.gif . Fixed now anyways.

I've also added the other issues to the checklist - you'll notice I've edited your post so I can link directly to it (the weapons animation is the top section, and the camera positioning is the bottom).

And thanks a bunch for helping out with the checklist. It makes my job a lot easier smile.gif .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users