• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,280 replies to this topic
SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members

Posted 06 January 2007 - 08:37 PM

I'm back! Same thing as every time:
Using vc_weather.asi results in a crash back to desktop. (Last time I reported it was gta-lc.asi. tounge.gif )
Reason: I'm not using version 1.0 US gta-vc.exe. The ASI doesn't make use of vcversion.dll to check the version and change the memory offsets accordingly.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 06 January 2007 - 10:08 PM Edited by Craig Kostelecky, 06 January 2007 - 10:10 PM.

QUOTE (Ben @ Jan 5 2007, 19:39)
EDIT - simplyunkillable mentioned to me that there is a problem with the convertable cars.  Apparently they have side windows (which can sustain damage), but Claude jumps right through them.

Anyone up to fixing the models?

That was discussed when the cars were first converted. There are three options that we can go with. First is to leave it like it is and have Claude jump through the windows. Or we can remove the windows from the models. And finally we can make it so Claude never jumps over the doors. I think the best choice would be to remove the windows and keep the jumping animation. If no one is willing to alter those models, then I suggest keeping it as it is.

But since I've taken myself out of the loop a bit, I'll let Ben decide what the best option is (that is if he can find someone to clean up the models)

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 07 January 2007 - 12:38 AM

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ Jan 6 2007, 23:04)
QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky)
That was set up in the beginning so we could easily toggle between the GTA3 setup of the static helicopters, and the way it should be with an actual helicopter. One of the recent updates must have switched that back (either accidently or intentionally). This should obviously be switched back. But I don't remember what specific files need to be changed though.

Ok, I need to get this straight. This code:
CODE
00D6: if 0
0038:   $MASTERLCEXTRAS1 == 1;; integer values
004D: jump_if_false ££LabelLCSubSDOReturn
0363: toggle_model_render_at -1888.1 -906.715 21.749 radius 80.0 object #HELIPOLICE 0
03B6: replace_model_at -1888.1 -906.715 21.749 radius 80.0 from #HELIPOLICE to #LOD_LAND014
0363: toggle_model_render_at 109.188 -1446.1 51.5171 radius 80.0 object #HELIROCK 0
03B6: replace_model_at 109.188 -1446.1 51.5171 radius 80.0 from #HELIROCK to #LOD_LAND014

is supposed to disable the static copters if MASTERLCEXTRAS1 is on, right? But it doesn't seem to work. Only thing that works is to delete them from the map - comSE.ipl and landSW.ipl. Why not just get rid of them?

I don't know. The map fix is how I'll be removing them - see here for details on how (thanks to Craig for the link). space must've re-enabled the choppers with his IDE updates (either intentionally or accidentally).

QUOTE (SteaVor @ Jan 7 2007, 07:37)
I'm back! Same thing as every time:
Using vc_weather.asi results in a crash back to desktop. (Last time I reported it was gta-lc.asi. tounge.gif )
Reason: I'm not using version 1.0 US gta-vc.exe. The ASI doesn't make use of vcversion.dll to check the version and change the memory offsets accordingly.

I'll mention this to AK and see if he can make it work with vcversion.dll.

Also, is there a problem with any of the other ASIs, or do they all work for you now?

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Jan 7 2007, 09:08)
QUOTE (Ben @ Jan 5 2007, 19:39)
EDIT - simplyunkillable mentioned to me that there is a problem with the convertable cars.  Apparently they have side windows (which can sustain damage), but Claude jumps right through them.

Anyone up to fixing the models?

That was discussed when the cars were first converted. There are three options that we can go with. First is to leave it like it is and have Claude jump through the windows. Or we can remove the windows from the models. And finally we can make it so Claude never jumps over the doors. I think the best choice would be to remove the windows and keep the jumping animation. If no one is willing to alter those models, then I suggest keeping it as it is.

But since I've taken myself out of the loop a bit, I'll let Ben decide what the best option is (that is if he can find someone to clean up the models)

Provided I can find someone willing to fix all the models (as well as another SCM'er), I'll go with that - otherwise it's fine as is. I personally like the jumping animation, so I don't really want to remove that. And from the sounds of things, neither does Craig.

smile.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 07 January 2007 - 02:01 AM

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ Jan 6 2007, 07:04)
CODE
00D6: if 0
0038:   $MASTERLCEXTRAS1 == 1;; integer values
004D: jump_if_false ££LabelLCSubSDOReturn
0363: toggle_model_render_at -1888.1 -906.715 21.749 radius 80.0 object #HELIPOLICE 0
03B6: replace_model_at -1888.1 -906.715 21.749 radius 80.0 from #HELIPOLICE to #LOD_LAND014
0363: toggle_model_render_at 109.188 -1446.1 51.5171 radius 80.0 object #HELIROCK 0
03B6: replace_model_at 109.188 -1446.1 51.5171 radius 80.0 from #HELIROCK to #LOD_LAND014

is supposed to disable the static copters if MASTERLCEXTRAS1 is on, right? But it doesn't seem to work. Only thing that works is to delete them from the map - comSE.ipl and landSW.ipl. Why not just get rid of them?

You must have edited your post after I replied to it. Now I remember seeing that in the code. That should still work, even if the models are enabled in the ipl files. Someone with more time may want to play around with the files and see if they can get it working this way. Because when it's set up this way, the setting can easily be toggled for the individual user.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 07 January 2007 - 02:46 AM

Kon, if you want to have a go at getting that to work, I'm happy to wait and see how you go before changing the IDEs. At least if it's done through the SCM, toggling is easier/more effective (not sure if those are the right words, but I know what mean, and that's all that matters tounge.gif ).

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members

Posted 07 January 2007 - 10:46 AM Edited by SteaVor, 07 January 2007 - 11:00 AM.

QUOTE (Ben @ Jan 7 2007, 01:38)
Also, is there a problem with any of the other ASIs, or do they all work for you now?

The new weather.asi is the only one preventing the game from even starting a new game.
BUT: when weather.asi is deactivated (I changed the extension to ._asi) , starting a new game (and loading those that had been created with that scm version) works fine, but the pager doesn't work. It simply doesn't appear, I don't hear the sound either. I tested this by collecting 10 hidden packages in both normal and debug mode.
I know it _did_ work previously, but IIItoVC.asi has been updated in the meantime.
I will try the older version of IIItoVC.asi now and report back.

EDIT:
I was right, the pager appears when I use the august 25 version of IIItoVC.asi, but it looks like this. Should it be half transparent? I really don't remember.

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 07 January 2007 - 11:25 AM Edited by Konstantinos, 07 January 2007 - 09:04 PM.

QUOTE (Ben @ Jan 7 2007, 03:46)
Kon, if you want to have a go at getting that to work, I'm happy to wait and see how you go before changing the IDEs.  At least if it's done through the SCM, toggling is easier/more effective (not sure if those are the right words, but I know what mean, and that's all that matters tounge.gif ).

You know sometimes I get the feeling that the game is just screwing with me... The scm switch DOES work. When I start a new game the copters are gone. Only my current saved game has them, like the code didn't execute for some damn reason. I made no changes to scm or anything else between the games. It's just a bloody random bug that probably can't be fixed. mad.gif Alright, enough of this.
---
I noticed a funny thing - space made the roads get wet everywhere, even inside the Porter tunnel. Sorry if it's like that in GTA3, coz you know I never played that ph34r.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 07 January 2007 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (SteaVor @ Jan 7 2007, 21:46)
QUOTE (Ben @ Jan 7 2007, 01:38)

The new weather.asi is the only one preventing the game from even starting a new game.
BUT: when weather.asi is deactivated (I changed the extension to ._asi) , starting a new game (and loading those that had been created with that scm version) works fine, but the pager doesn't work. It simply doesn't appear, I don't hear the sound either. I tested this by collecting 10 hidden packages in both normal and debug mode.
I know it _did_ work previously, but IIItoVC.asi has been updated in the meantime.
I will try the older version of IIItoVC.asi now and report back.

EDIT:
I was right, the pager appears when I use the august 25 version of IIItoVC.asi, but it looks like this. Should it be half transparent? I really don't remember.

Hmmm, that's weird. Perhaps MM forgot to reactivate his ASI with the VC versioning module when he updated it confused.gif .

As for the pager, yep, that's what it should look like. The font looks a bit screwy, but that could be fine - I'm only used to seeing it in English.

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ Jan 7 2007, 22:25)
QUOTE (Ben @ Jan 7 2007, 03:46)
Kon, if you want to have a go at getting that to work, I'm happy to wait and see how you go before changing the IDEs.  At least if it's done through the SCM, toggling is easier/more effective (not sure if those are the right words, but I know what mean, and that's all that matters tounge.gif ).

You know sometimes I get the feeling that the game is just screwing with me... The scm switch DOES work. When I start a new game the copters are gone. Only my current saved game has them, like the code didn't execute for some damn reason. I made no changes to scm or anything else between the games. It's just a bloody random bug that probably can't be fixed. mad.gif Alright, enough of this.
---
I noticed a funny thing - space made the roads get wet everywhere, even inside the Porter tunnel. Sorry if it's like that in GTA3, coz you know I never played that ph34r.gif

Alrighty - I think the best thing to do would be to disable it through the SCM AND the IDEs. That way, they shouldn't show up at all wink.gif .

I don't recall the roads being wet in the Porter tunnel in GTA3, but they could've been. Could someone please check that (I'll probably forget)? smile.gif

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 08 January 2007 - 12:38 AM

QUOTE (Ben @ Jan 8 2007, 00:44)
Alrighty - I think the best thing to do would be to disable it through the SCM AND the IDEs. That way, they shouldn't show up at all wink.gif .

Actually, it's IPLs that would be changed, not IDEs. IDEs store objects definitions, while IPLs their actual placement. Sorry for that, but I just love to play smartass tounge.gif
If you delete an object from the map, there's no need to disable it through the SCM. I would go ahead do it. I don't see why anyone would want to play with the GTA3 setup of dummy copters instead of real ones (which would require them to edit the SCM). But I'm not sure I have the right to scrap a feature just like that.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 08 January 2007 - 02:45 AM

That's what I said tounge.gif .

blush.gif

My bad.

You've got a fair point though - I'm happy enough to remove them. Seeing as Craig is technically still the leader, I'll ask his input before doing anything though wink.gif . Craig...

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 08 January 2007 - 05:56 AM

I think this is clear that it was just a fluke bug that Kon received in his save game. I don't even think it could be repeated. You don't have to worry about it anymore.

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members

Posted 08 January 2007 - 04:12 PM Edited by SteaVor, 08 January 2007 - 04:15 PM.

QUOTE (Ben @ Jan 8 2007, 00:44)
As for the pager, yep, that's what it should look like.  The font looks a bit screwy, but that could be fine - I'm only used to seeing it in English.

No, it's not fine at all, because it looks always like that, no matter which language I choose. But that shouldn't be overrated - I'm using an old file after all. wow.gif

insomniacnumba1
  • insomniacnumba1

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 January 2007 - 07:49 PM

i cannot seem to find the van for the wee blowupy car minigame is it even there?

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 08 January 2007 - 09:24 PM

There's several Toyz vans scattered around in LC, and as far as I was aware, they all worked.

Master-Of-GTA
  • Master-Of-GTA

The Master Of Grand Theft Auto 3

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 January 2007 - 01:20 AM

Hey everyone!
I found a very different way of passing The Exchange, so much so that it's very glitchy. I found it by accident, because I wanted to blow down Catalina's helicopter with a Hunter before she even arrived at the dam.
Anyway, I finished it eventually, and made some notes in Notepad on how I did it. Take a look:

Took Hunter
Parked in Catalina's mansion
Started mission
Killed everyone in mansion
Got back in Hunter
Flew outside
Watched cutscene involving Catalina's helicopter flying away from mansion
Tailed helicopter to Cochrane Dam
Tried to take down helicopter with Hunter's rockets
Noticed it was everything-proof
Got out of Hunter when helicopter landed
Took helicopter (unlocked with no-one inside)
Flew to entrance of Cochrane Dam while trying to destroy it (checking that it was everything-proof)
Bad guys, army trucks, etc. spawned when arriving at entrance to Cochrane Dam
Killed majority of bad guys
Flew up to where Maria is held hostage
Watched cutscene where Catalina tells helicopter pilot to 'get this thing airborne'
Noticed that Catalina just stood in one spot afterwards (totally invincible)
Flew very close to her in helicopter
Helicopter started rising (with me in it) under AI's command but didn't go anywhere else (AI spawned a dead Colombian on the rails)
I exited helicopter
It fell to the ground
Helicopter exploded
Timer disappeared (although Catalina was still standing on the ground)
I walked over to Maria and killed the guards
Credits activated

It was very wierd!

BaKa
  • BaKa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 January 2007 - 02:05 PM

I have this error when i start gta-lc.exe.

user posted image

Please, help Me

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members

Posted 14 January 2007 - 04:53 PM

You're most probably not using the latest version of LC. If you do, you're using a NoCD exe. These are not supported by LC.

Regarding bugs:
'Danger! Keep Out' texture on the building south of fire station in Portland is not displayed correctly (overlapped by building texture)
user posted image

Space_Einstein's fixed brass knuckles are not positioned correctly:
user posted image

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members

Posted 21 January 2007 - 09:36 AM Edited by SteaVor, 21 January 2007 - 10:14 AM.

Uh, double post! tounge.gif
Texture glitch (LOD?) in SSV still persists:
user posted image
Another one:
user posted image
Invisible fence:
user posted image

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 21 January 2007 - 11:59 AM Edited by Ben, 22 January 2007 - 02:04 AM.

Thanks. I'll add those to the checklist tomorrow icon14.gif . Hopefully someone will fix them at some stage.

(Late) EDIT - Checklist updated icon14.gif .

Lukaso
  • Lukaso

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:11 AM Edited by Lukaso, 22 January 2007 - 10:14 AM.

QUOTE (SteaVor @ Jan 21 2007, 09:36)
Uh, double post!  tounge.gif
Texture glitch (LOD?) in SSV still persists:
user posted image
Another one:
user posted image
Invisible fence:
user posted image

Yeah I got same problem. And I got an another problem I completed that game/mod at 100% and when I completed emergency car list (police car, FBI, etc.) in harbor in Portland, the car icons didnt create and game always crashed to windows. Sometimes game made that crash when I drive around export/import garage in SV but icons of cars were there.

And another problem is in intro movie, there arent any cars (police, enforcer, patriot, etc.) during commentary of assault police convoy. Cars appear when the convoy is stopped.

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members

Posted 22 January 2007 - 05:03 PM

btw:
I fixed the brassknuckle texture. The fixed file was already in use when I took the screenshots that Lukaso quoted. tounge.gif
Here's the relevant download:
brassknuckle.txd fix

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE (SteaVor @ Jan 23 2007, 04:03)
btw:
I fixed the brassknuckle texture. The fixed file was already in use when I took the screenshots that Lukaso quoted. tounge.gif
brassknuckle.txd fix

Heh, I didn't even notice. Anyways, I've grabbed the file, and it'll be in the next update package wink.gif . Thanks.

@Lukaso - Thanks a lot mate. I'm pretty sure all of those bugs have already been reported, but good work anyway smile.gif .

Lukaso
  • Lukaso

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 January 2007 - 07:29 AM

QUOTE (Ben @ Jan 22 2007, 21:22)
QUOTE (SteaVor @ Jan 23 2007, 04:03)
btw:
I fixed the brassknuckle texture. The fixed file was already in use when I took the screenshots that Lukaso quoted.  tounge.gif
brassknuckle.txd fix

Heh, I didn't even notice. Anyways, I've grabbed the file, and it'll be in the next update package wink.gif . Thanks.

@Lukaso - Thanks a lot mate. I'm pretty sure all of those bugs have already been reported, but good work anyway smile.gif .

All right, Im sorry, I didnt read every page of that 60page topic. Apropos I found another bug - its a bad camera position during ride with metro.
I apologize if that bug has been reported. Thanks

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:29 AM

I'm guessing you mean the train/subway? I know that the camera for that is controlled differently in LC when compared to GTA3, but if you could grab a screenshot and post here, I could tell you for sure if it's a bug or not smile.gif .

Lukaso
  • Lukaso

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 January 2007 - 07:58 AM Edited by Lukaso, 24 January 2007 - 03:40 PM.

QUOTE (Ben @ Jan 24 2007, 00:29)
I'm guessing you mean the train/subway?  I know that the camera for that is controlled differently in LC when compared to GTA3, but if you could grab a screenshot and post here, I could tell you for sure if it's a bug or not smile.gif .

I mean camera position when you enter the train in subway (underground). I know that camera is different in GTA 3 but I mean "position of camera". When you enter train in overground track camera position is "in" train and you can look out from train, thats right. But in train in underground when you enter train camera position isnt "in" train but "next to" train.

EDIT: here is screenshot in the train at overground track, that s all right
user posted image

and there are screen in the train in underground (subway), camera position is "next to" train but not in it.
user posted image user posted image

thats the bug, isnt it?

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 24 January 2007 - 10:04 PM

Ah, rightio. Yeah, I'll mark that down as something to be fixed - I think the camera looks a lot better in the train, and it's better not to have any inconsistencies with it smile.gif .

Nice work icon14.gif .

Ministry
  • Ministry

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 January 2007 - 07:19 AM

Hi everybody. Just downloaded Beta2.7. Everything is fine but there is one glitch I noticed as soon as the game started. There is a strange bluish hue no matter what weather or time of the day is. When I removed 2 files weather in the main game directory (they are mentioned in the readme - vc_weather) everything becomes fine. But will the game offer me all kinds of weather and will it be random without those 2 files. It seemed even I couldn’t wait for the fog to come. You know when it’s night and there is a dense fog and streetlights reflect from the air around you - it’s so beautiful. Maybe I simply didn’t wait long enough.
So the question is – what do I loose by removing those 2 files?
Thank you.
And sorry if it's a repost of a problem. Didn't have time to read all the posts.

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 26 January 2007 - 10:55 AM

QUOTE (Ministry @ Jan 26 2007, 07:19)
Hi everybody. Just downloaded Beta2.7. Everything is fine but there is one glitch I noticed as soon as the game started. There is a strange bluish hue no matter what weather  or time of the day is. When I removed 2 files weather in the main game directory (they are mentioned in the readme - vc_weather) everything becomes fine. But will the game offer me all kinds of weather and will it be random without those 2 files. It seemed even I couldn�t wait for the fog to come. You know when it�s night and there is a dense  fog and streetlights reflect from the air around you  - it�s so beautiful. Maybe I simply didn�t wait long enough.
So the question is � what do I loose by removing those 2 files?
Thank you.
And sorry if it's a repost of a problem. Didn't have time to read all the posts.

lol, as the author of VC:Weather I think I can explain. smile.gif Well, if the vc_weather.cfg has been set up by Ben as instructed what you lose is exactly the tint you described. I should add that this tint has been added to GTA:LC because it *is* in GTA3. If you compare the timecyc.dat files from GTA3 and Vice you can see by comparing that at the end of each line in the GTA3 file is an additional RGBA color value (4 numbers ranging from 0 to 255). This is something that must have been added to GTA3 at the last instance because it's in the screenshots of my GTA3 box there is no such tint. So the tint that has been added is actually *authentic GTA3*. *But* if you don't like the tint you don't even have to remove the files. Open vc_weather.cfg in a text editor of your choice. In the first data line there is an entry to turn off tint (under "C"). Just replace the 1 under the C with a 0 and tint will not be used.

VC:Weather also offers true random weather functionality depending on the first entry in the same line - GTA3 *didn't* have random weather, it used a cyclic weather table with 64 weather states. If you just remove the files, the game will use the Vice City weather states table which is more sunny. The better way if you don't like the tint and don't care about authenticity is to turn off tint through the config. Plus if you like you can tweak rain through the config file and make the weather as foggy or as rainy as you like through the random weather distribution table.

Yes, I know VC:Weather is at this point fairly undocumented but I just wanted it to get released asap. An update is bound to come soon (incl. support for all VC versions).

Alex

PS The tint isn't blue all the time. When the weather is sunny it turns red at dusk and dawn. At midnight it has a slight yellowish tint also. Just like it has been in GTA3. smile.gif

Ministry
  • Ministry

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 January 2007 - 01:58 PM Edited by Ministry, 26 January 2007 - 06:25 PM.

Thanks a lot, AK-73. I appreciate when someone explains it so plainly and to the point. I’ll check out how it works tonight at home.
Thumb up.

.................... 5 hours later ................

Sorry but doesn’t work. The game doesn’t react to any changes in file vc_weather.cfg at all.
Have you got any other idea how to control weather values besides deleting that file?

murka
  • murka

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 January 2007 - 04:16 PM

I just downloaded 2.7 and whenever I click new game the lil blue bar loads halfway then closes and a window saying this pops up:
Exception at address: 0x0048AD71

EXE Version:          gta-vc.exe 1.0 US

Registers -----------------------------------------------------

EAX: 0x0000050E EBX: 0x00000000 ECX: 0x00000000 EDX: 0x00000924

ESI: 0x0012FB10 EDI: 0x007120D8 EBP: 0x0012FB18 ESP: 0x0012FAEC

EFLAGS: 10000001001000110

What does this mean??? nervous.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users