BUGS, GLITCHES, and INCOMPLETES

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,280 replies to this topic
Master-Of-GTA
  • Master-Of-GTA

The Master Of Grand Theft Auto 3

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 October 2006 - 03:53 AM

All I did to get my lung capacity up was had a nice swim around the countryside, looking for horseshoes and watching Police Rangers drop into the water like bombs...

Cowboy 666
  • Cowboy 666

Living an absolutely average life

• Members

Posted 24 October 2006 - 04:31 PM

[QUOTE]When there's nothing going on from the team, anything (even off topic nonsense) is welcome as a post. I gotta get working on this mod one of these days. Why does San Andreas have to be such a good (and time consuming) game to play?

But now and for few days I'm not playing San Andreas, now I play and modding GTA:LC. Got it?

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 25 October 2006 - 08:35 PM

Right, here's some "ontopic sense". Not necessarily a bug, but something I'd like to have clarified.
The multistorey garage on Staunton island... when you go to the second storey by the southern ramp, a car will spawn next to it from mid-air and fall to the ground with a loud *thud*. Maybe the Z coordinate should be lowered to make this less explicit? Also, if you leave the garage and come back, the car won't always vanish and another one will spawn on top of it, resulting in this.
How exactly is the spawning scrpited, anyway? My guess is that the cars are chosen randomly by CLASS, since I get a lot of VC cars there after I changed their class in default.ide to put them in traffic (like the Virgo I'm driving on that picture).

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 25 October 2006 - 10:41 PM

The car park cars are all randomly picked by the code. And I think anything that's not ignored is fair game. Do you have the coordinates of the badly parked car?

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 25 October 2006 - 10:42 PM

lol @ "ontopic sense" biggrin.gif .

I'd imagine that would be the most logical solution. Is there a specific thread in the SCM that deals with spawning and/or placed objects? Because there's a few things in which placement is out (another that springs to mind is (it might've been fixed by now though) the mission marker for The Exchange). That'd certainly make testing easier if there was.

Speaking of testing, I'll hopefully get back into some more LC after my exams are over smile.gif .

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 26 October 2006 - 09:46 AM

@Craig: The coords are approxoimately
That's when I'm in the car. The actual Z spawn coord is higher, obviously. And of course it's correct that all non-ignored cars should spawn there. Just the placement needs a tweak.

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2006 - 04:26 PM

sorry my posts keep dissapearing anyhoo my game crashes in the area between the docks and luigis club whenever i drive or walk or go in that area it crashes then comes up with a debug screen i debug but this keeps happening?!

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 26 October 2006 - 10:58 PM

Perhaps if you'd taken the time to read through the pinned rules topic you might understand why your 3 new topics didn't show rolleyes.gif .

Also try reading the first post here for guidelines on posting a bug report, so that we can actually get enough info to have a decent shot at helping you wink.gif .

And check out the first post of the FAQ for your save-game question (there's a 100% save for v5). And no, you can't use a GTA3 save for LC because LC operates on the VC engine.

Jenkis
  • Jenkis

Bad Guy

• Members

Posted 30 October 2006 - 10:43 PM

Hey PPL i'm new in LC project but when i'm used that guide step-by-step to install that MOD and trying to start game something goes wrong , when I select "START NEW GAME" LOADING SCREEN appear and then my game crash without any error report sad.gif mercie_blink.gif confused.gif

lh1
  • lh1

Homie

• Members

Posted 04 November 2006 - 03:43 PM

Can you please tell me where you get this guide

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 05 November 2006 - 12:49 AM

The same place where you get v7test .

dex909
  • dex909

I like GTA III.

• Members

Posted 16 November 2006 - 07:27 PM Edited by Ben, 17 November 2006 - 09:27 PM.

"roads get wet 1.0 beta" by dex909

Hello! I fixed the roads to finally get wet like in the real GTAIII and Vice City. Every road in each map's ide has a flag for "get wet" which i set for all the road-parts via Moo Mapper 0.90. Now you just have to put the .ide in the appropriate folder (overwrite the existing one or make a backup) and start LC. The roads will now get wet when it rains and back to normal dry sometime after the rain stops. Everything that looked like a road including the airport and it's runways have been done, except some complex models that have a small road-piece attached since I didn't want to break any building. I might have missed some roadfiles so please test this and try to find roads that stay dry. There are also "land" files with grass and stoneground etc. which don't get wet in original GTAIII aswell. I don´t know where to upload the files (40k) and I am on 56k and don´t want to register anywhere just for this file, so please tell me where to send the stuff to, thanks!

I want to do more for this project! If there is anything I can help, please drop me a line. Unfortunately I can only code in Java and not Delphi or Assembler, so I guess I won't be able to get far in hacking GTA (maybe you got some tutorials or project-documentation?) But maybe there is other "time consuming" work to do that doesn't involve coding. (porting and conversion work maybe?) I am especially interested in converting the peds - i read that you only need blender to do this? Is there some documentation on how you do it? I'd be glad to help as I want to see this close to finished THIS year wink.gif

Merged.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 17 November 2006 - 09:39 PM

G'day smile.gif .

This sounds very good - I'm glad that you're willing to help. I was under the impression that we already had a fix for the wet roads, although it hasn't been implemented yet (it was done through the EXE) - I'll chase that up for you and let you know wink.gif . IIRC, there were a few minor problems with the EXE fix - perhaps doing it this way might overcome those.

If you're interested in learning more about modding GTA, then I'd suggest heading over to the Tutorial forum . Also, make use of the Search function here.

As for project documentation - I'm working on a guide of sorts. It's basically a comparison of III and LC from a modding aspect - which files are different/the same, what's different about them, etc. I'm hoping to have it finished sometime soon.

You're best off to check out the checklist to work out what's left to do - it looks as though you already have. I wouldn't recommend doing the PEDs at this stage though - only because ModelingMan was going to look into developing an EXE hack that would make it possible to use the PEDs (and their animations) from GTA3 directly with LC, thus eliminating the entire conversion process. Don't let that dissuade you though - if you're interested in learning more about it, then go ahead wink.gif .

And I wouldn't be getting my hopes up to see LC finished this year - there's a few things that are going to take a while to finalise. If we could get the bulk of the work done by the middle of next year though, I think we'd be doing quite well smile.gif .

Stene
  • Stene

PERKELE

• Members

Posted 18 November 2006 - 01:54 PM

There is problem in mission "Toyminator". When you must go to that Toyz van, it has no collision and will explode when accessing.

simplyunkillable
  • simplyunkillable

GTA: LC kick's A.R.S.E

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 November 2006 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (Stene @ Nov 18 2006, 13:54)
There is problem in mission "Toyminator". When you must go to that Toyz van, it has no collision and will explode when accessing.

the toyz van appears to want a non-exitant handling line, but i'll be damned if i get off my lazy ass and fix it.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 20 November 2006 - 10:55 PM

Is that because there's nothing to fix? tounge.gif

The IDE has been updated several times recently - you can grab the most recent version from the pinned updates for LC topic . Please read the post linked though, otherwise you'll have more problems.

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 22 November 2006 - 02:56 AM

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but there's a hole in St. Mark's, dear Eliza. This is not present in GTA III.

AIEEEEEEEEEEE!!! (0:11, WMV, CRAPpy quality)

'Tis minor, but worth mentioning.

Daan17
  • Daan17

84's Vice City

• Members

Posted 22 November 2006 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE (ceedj @ Nov 22 2006, 04:56)

A matrix? hehe biggrin.gif

dex909
  • dex909

I like GTA III.

• Members

Posted 23 November 2006 - 01:43 PM

Ok, about the STATISTICS that are still in there from VC and are not used in LC. This should be a quick fix and I tried to do it myself for the gta-vc.exe first and then post it for you to make it fit into the launcher but I´m stuck. I found some keywords for the entries of the stats in the exe (search for DISTBIK for example which stands for the distance travelled by bike and in GXT you can find that keyword and the correct text for the stat to display for each language) if you remove it or just change it (DxISTBIK or something) it will not appear in the ingame stats list which is nice BUT there is still the value there (as Ben pointed out in another thread some time ago when hacking the GXT where the same happens). I then found out that the format of the statsvalues is defined somewhere above the keywords like "%d" for double or "%f" for float values etc. But this only defines each format, so if you for example delete the "%d" then ALL double values in the stats list will disappear. So somewhere in the executable values for entries like "Properties owned" must be initialized or something but I don´t know where. I also couldn´t find anything in the SCM. There has to be some code that tells the game where to put which value for whitch stat in what format. This is the most recognizable VC-leftover that is in the mod right now and those stats look extremely out of place, so who can give me any more information if this is doable as I clearly don´t know any assembler?

Stene
  • Stene

PERKELE

• Members

Posted 26 November 2006 - 10:36 AM

QUOTE (simplyunkillable @ Nov 20 2006, 20:09)

the toyz van appears to want a non-exitant handling line, but i'll be damned if i get off my lazy ass and fix it.

Well, I got it fixed in some little IDE line changes. I changed GameName to Rumpo and now it has Rumpo stuff.

There is no such car in default.ide like Toyz.

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 26 November 2006 - 11:56 AM

QUOTE (Stene @ Nov 26 2006, 12:36)
QUOTE (simplyunkillable @ Nov 20 2006, 20:09)

Well, I got it fixed in some little IDE line changes. I changed GameName to Rumpo and now it has Rumpo stuff.

There is no such car in default.ide like Toyz.

Umm... if it's not there, how did you change its line? Unless you mean "There is no such car in handling.cfg like Toyz." The value to be changed is HandlingID, not GameName. Pony is the most correct handling, although Rumpo should work too. Anyway, this is an old bug, and what you really should've done is to get the latest update from the pinned topic. Then you wouldn't have to change anything yourself.

Serafim
  • Serafim

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 November 2006 - 01:35 AM

Hey guys, I've been testing the beta v7 today (finally got the sound and pager working in my game tounge.gif ) and I'm reporting some bugs. I really think they're there because it's on testing, because in other versions, a few of them weren't there, I dunno tounge.gif

GTA Liberty City Beta 2 V7 Bugs:

*** If you complete the mission ‘Farewell Chunky Lee Chong’ before the mission ‘Pump-Action Pimp’, the ammunation crashes when you try to get in. Probably related to the fact that the uzi is in stock but the pistol isn’t. NOTE: Doesn’t happen in debug mode, because if you finish any of those missions in it, the pistol is in stock, independing of which mission;

*** The mission “Arms Shortage” is crashing when Phil talk about the weapons. NOTE: Normal mode only;

*** The mission ‘Arms Shortage’ is very buggy on debug mode. The buying weapons appear before the mission finish, and they keep respawning when you get far away. If you get them, they’re free. When the mission finish, the weapons are avaliable and free. Not to mention the gates are closed during the mission, so you can kill them using rockets hahahah. NOTE: Debug Mode only;

General Bugs:

*** The mission ‘A Drop In The Ocean’ was supposed to have 6 stars wanted level, but it only reaches 5, because SSV is unlocked. NOTE: Normal mode only;

*** In the mission ‘Dead Skunk In The Trunk’, the forelli vehicles have breakable glass and popable tires. If you do it, they won’t notice you;

*** In the mission ‘Sayonara Salvatore’ the leone vehicles have breakable glass and popable tires. You can simply kill the passenger and hijack the driver. I’m not sure if it crashes when Salvatore is leaving;

*** In the mission ‘Bling Bling Scramble’, the cars have breakable class. If you have an excellent aim and a bunch of luck, you can shoot them in the head and eliminate them;

Non-Updated Bugs Fixed:

(3-11) In ‘Sayonara Salvatore’ these bugs are already fixed:
@ The cars don't arrive (if you mean arrive from club, I'm not sure);
@ The Mafia guards and/or Salvatore don't walk out onto the street (only a few of them and Sal does);

Comments About Bugs:

(3-10 part 2) This one probably happens because of the gang wars from vice city, which happened a lot between cubans and haitians (one invading the other’s territory). Also, I’ve already seen some nines in Hepburn Heights at gta3 wink.gif .

(3-13 part 2) This one happened to me in gta3 once. Probably because I went to stauton before to test that thing tounge.gif

Hope it helps with anything smile.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 27 November 2006 - 02:00 AM

Hey, thanks HEAPS! biggrin.gif

Excellent work - nicely set out too. I'll update the checklist tomorrow maybe (I'm gonna go have a snooze soon) - if it isn't done then, well, I'll just do it when I get back next week wink.gif .

It's always nice to see that reported bugs have been fixed - it just places us one step closer to completion icon14.gif .

Some of those new ones you reported shouldn't be too hard to fix either. Thanks again smile.gif .

Serafim
  • Serafim

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 November 2006 - 05:25 PM Edited by Serafim, 27 November 2006 - 05:27 PM.

Np Ben, I'm just used to find bugs hahahah. Like, in the default gta, I don't worry too much about find bugs, because it's already in stores tounge.gif . But with mods, I'm used to help, but I don't know such a thing about SCM coding or modeling, so I can help reporting bugs tounge.gif

EDIT: Forgot to ask. If I have a crash and I'm sure it's because of something in a mission, do you want the addy?

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 27 November 2006 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (ceedj @ Nov 22 2006, 13:56)
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but there's a hole in St. Mark's, dear Eliza. This is not present in GTA III.

'Tis minor, but worth mentioning.

Thanks - I've added it to the checklist. I ALMOST overlooked it confused.gif .

QUOTE (Serafim @ Nov 27 2006, 12:35)
Hey guys, I've been testing the beta v7 today (finally got the sound and pager working in my game tounge.gif ) and I'm reporting some bugs. I really think they're there because it's on testing, because in other versions, a few of them weren't there, I dunno tounge.gif

GTA Liberty City Beta 2 V7 Bugs:

*** If you complete the mission ‘Farewell Chunky Lee Chong’ before the mission ‘Pump-Action Pimp’, the ammunation crashes when you try to get in. Probably related to the fact that the uzi is in stock but the pistol isn’t. NOTE: Doesn’t happen in debug mode, because if you finish any of those missions in it, the pistol is in stock, independing of which mission;

*** The mission “Arms Shortage” is crashing when Phil talk about the weapons. NOTE: Normal mode only;

*** The mission ‘Arms Shortage’ is very buggy on debug mode. The buying weapons appear before the mission finish, and they keep respawning when you get far away. If you get them, they’re free. When the mission finish, the weapons are avaliable and free. Not to mention the gates are closed during the mission, so you can kill them using rockets hahahah. NOTE: Debug Mode only;

General Bugs:

*** The mission ‘A Drop In The Ocean’ was supposed to have 6 stars wanted level, but it only reaches 5, because SSV is unlocked. NOTE: Normal mode only;

*** In the mission ‘Dead Skunk In The Trunk’, the forelli vehicles have breakable glass and popable tires. If you do it, they won’t notice you;

*** In the mission ‘Sayonara Salvatore’ the leone vehicles have breakable glass and popable tires. You can simply kill the passenger and hijack the driver. I’m not sure if it crashes when Salvatore is leaving;

*** In the mission ‘Bling Bling Scramble’, the cars have breakable class. If you have an excellent aim and a bunch of luck, you can shoot them in the head and eliminate them;

Non-Updated Bugs Fixed:

(3-11) In ‘Sayonara Salvatore’ these bugs are already fixed:
@ The cars don't arrive (if you mean arrive from club, I'm not sure);
@ The Mafia guards and/or Salvatore don't walk out onto the street (only a few of them and Sal does);

Comments About Bugs:

(3-10 part 2) This one probably happens because of the gang wars from vice city, which happened a lot between cubans and haitians (one invading the other’s territory). Also, I’ve already seen some nines in Hepburn Heights at gta3 wink.gif .

(3-13 part 2) This one happened to me in gta3 once. Probably because I went to stauton before to test that thing tounge.gif

Hope it helps with anything smile.gif

Thanks again - I've added those that weren't already on the checklist, and updated the others. Except for the 3-13 part 2 bit - if you used the bridge jumping trick to get to Staunton early, then it only makes sense you'd be shipped back to Portland (well, not logical sense, but from the game's point of view tounge.gif ).

QUOTE (Serafim @ Nov 28 2006, 04:25)
Np Ben, I'm just used to find bugs hahahah. Like, in the default gta, I don't worry too much about find bugs, because it's already in stores tounge.gif . But with mods, I'm used to help, but I don't know such a thing about SCM coding or modeling, so I can help reporting bugs tounge.gif

Any and all help is appreciated wink.gif .

QUOTE (Serafim @ Nov 28 2006, 04:25)
EDIT: Forgot to ask. If I have a crash and I'm sure it's because of something in a mission, do you want the addy?

Yeah, it can't hurt. Just follow the guidelines from the first post:
QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Mar 21 2005, 15:36)
When reporting a bug, please try to be as specific as possible because it makes it easier for the team to recreate it if we know exactly what you did. If you received a debug output, please post the first seven lines (up to and including the numbers after the "EFLAGS" heading). Any information in a debug output is saved to gta-lc-scm.log in your main LC folder.

That's the best way, and easiest for us.

Thanks again guys smile.gif .

Serafim
  • Serafim

Prankster

• Members

Posted 28 November 2006 - 12:52 AM

I've found a bit more bugs, if I remember more, I'll post here tounge.gif

*** When Claude does the animation where he points his middle finger to a driver, you can’t move until it ends;

*** In the mission ‘Don’t Spank Ma’ Bitch Up’, if you respray the car first and then kill the guy, you must respray it again. Not sure if the same happens in gta3, but it’s very very minor;

*** There are still some bugs in the ‘Police Help’ info pickup. When it’s activated, there are still cars on the street, so the cars can hit them (Happens in GTA3?). Also, when the Diablo Stallion turns, mostly times it hits the stairs from a house, while the cop cars hit the wall (I think it happens to the copcars in GTA3);

*** In the mission ‘Pump-Action Pimp’, the car goes to stauton island if it’s unlocked;

*** In the mission ‘Turismo’, the Cheetah’s aren’t AllProof as they were supposed to be;

*** In the mission ‘Cipriani Chaffeur’, you can’t see the triad guys in that washing place, probably because the glasses don’t have transparency anymore or something like that;

*** In the mission ‘Dead Skunk In The Trunk’, if you leave the car in the marker and gets in it again, the crane grabs the car and remove it, making the car disappear and you die;

*** In the same mission as above, you can surf on car and get in the crusher;

user posted image

*** Once the Ray's garage is open, when you get in a car in there, your camera goes outside the texture;

user posted image

*** Collision glitch near behind the ammunation:

user posted image

PS: I didn't test them all in normal mode yet, but some of them happens in normal mode (like the onde from 'Dead Skunk In The Trunk').

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 28 November 2006 - 03:51 AM

The server's giving me a hard time, so I guess these will have to wait til I get back from schoolies next week until they get added to the checklist confused.gif .
QUOTE (Serafim @ Nov 28 2006, 11:52)
*** When Claude does the animation where he points his middle finger to a driver, you can’t move until it ends

That's not a bug - it's the same in GTA3. In fact, Claude doesn't even have a middle finger in LC due to differences in the way that the VC engine handles PEDs - we haven't been able to put one in successfully (at least not without messing up something else).

*** In the mission ‘Don’t Spank Ma’ Bitch Up’, if you respray the car first and then kill the guy, you must respray it again. Not sure if the same happens in gta3, but it’s very very minor

I wouldn't imagine this was a bug, and indeed I wouldn't be surprised if it happened in GTA3 - you're not following the directions of the mission. So I don't think we have to worry about that one wink.gif .

*** There are still some bugs in the ‘Police Help’ info pickup. When it’s activated, there are still cars on the street, so the cars can hit them (Happens in GTA3?). Also, when the Diablo Stallion turns, mostly times it hits the stairs from a house, while the cop cars hit the wall (I think it happens to the copcars in GTA3)

We'll have to check that out in GTA3 before being certain it's a bug.

*** In the mission ‘Pump-Action Pimp’, the car goes to stauton island if it’s unlocked

Is it possible to have Staunton unlocked without having done this mission? If so, then I guess it's entirely possible that this occurs in GTA3 as well - that'll have to be checked too.

*** In the mission ‘Turismo’, the Cheetah’s aren’t AllProof as they were supposed to be

This is definitely a bug - I'll add it to the list when I get back icon14.gif .

*** In the mission ‘Cipriani Chaffeur’, you can’t see the triad guys in that washing place, probably because the glasses don’t have transparency anymore or something like that

This sounds like a bug too - it could be a texture or model problem. Hopefully someone will look into that.

*** In the mission ‘Dead Skunk In The Trunk’, if you leave the car in the marker and gets in it again, the crane grabs the car and remove it, making the car disappear and you die

I'd assume it's the same in GTA3 (except that the car gets crushed and you die). Unless that's not what you meant?

user posted image

Is this really a bug? Surely you can do the same in GTA3?

*** Once the Ray's garage is open, when you get in a car in there, your camera goes outside the texture;

user posted image

I think the camera had a dodgy angle in GTA3 as well. That'll have to be checked too.

*** Collision glitch near behind the ammunation:

user posted image

What exactly is wrong here? Is there no COL data where you're shooting? Just clear that up for me please and I'll add it next week too wink.gif .

PS: I didn't test them all in normal mode yet, but some of them happens in normal mode (like the onde from 'Dead Skunk In The Trunk').

That's not really a problem - there's a fair chance they'll happen in normal mode too.

Also, if you want to make testing easier in GTA3, I suggest you grab Demarest's Timetwister Mod - it makes all missions available all the time, and opens up all 3 islands. It'll make it a LOT easier for you to test wink.gif .

Cheers smile.gif .

Dylan2112
  • Dylan2112

I'm quite aware; my screen name SUCKS...

• Members

Posted 01 December 2006 - 04:27 AM

QUOTE (Ben @ Nov 27 2006, 21:51)
*** In the mission ‘Pump-Action Pimp’, the car goes to stauton island if it’s unlocked

Is it possible to have Staunton unlocked without having done this mission? If so, then I guess it's entirely possible that this occurs in GTA3 as well - that'll have to be checked too.

he is using the debug mode so it will do that

user posted image

Is this really a bug? Surely you can do the same in GTA3?

it doesn't happen in gta3. ive tried. in gta3 the car that is being picked up loses its collision untill it lands in the crusher so its a bug.

Heihachi_73
  • Heihachi_73

Hey! My cab!!

• Members

Posted 02 December 2006 - 05:27 PM

The TOYZ van is Pony based, as is the Panlantic. The Pony is rear wheel drive, has bad rear shocks. The Rumpo is front wheel drive and can roll on its roof easily like the Moonbeam. I gather it's the same with the corpse car not being in handling.cfg and the Manana, and possibly the "Escape" chopper on the final mission, being linked to "Heli". They link to the handling data in the default.ide file.

About the crusher: How does the dead zone work? Can it be used in an area outside the crusher, like seen in the gay "surf" maps in Counter-Strike (really people, play it how it's meant to be played). I've been trying to land a car in it on the PS2, but haven't been successful yet.

I, of course, am not a dev in any way, and only occasionally mod stuff (basic handling.cfg and default.ide) which makes Vice City crash most of the time. I don't have the Liberty City mod. Just a deranged GTA3 PS2 player. wink.gif

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 03 December 2006 - 02:46 AM

In GTAIII around Toni's Resturant the red, green, and white colored triangle flags blow in the rain and some other times. Do they do this in LC? I would honestly check if I could get mine to work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users