Photo

BUGS, GLITCHES, and INCOMPLETES

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,280 replies to this topic
Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 09 October 2006 - 10:38 PM Edited by Ben, 09 October 2006 - 10:41 PM.

QUOTE (Master-Of-GTA @ Oct 10 2006, 08:32)
Yesterday I downloaded it, and I've gotta say, THAT'S ONE HELL OF A MOD! The graphics are fantastic, the SFX are crystal clear and the new vehicles are excellent. I've only found two bugs right now, here they are:

When I started 'Luigi's Girls', Claude got out of the car, froze for a moment, and then resumed walking (nothing else stopped though).

There's no shadows on the hospital driveway.

These are the least of my concerns though, because I'm trying to get a 100% completion score and open up Staunton Island and Shoreside Vale. Does anybody have a 100% complete save right now? I'd love to download it.

Glad you like it smile.gif .

The first bug has been reported before, but I'm not sure how it's going fix-wise.

The second should be a relatively easy fix for our modellers as well - thanks for the heads-up.

As for your question on 100% - the only 100% save is for v5 (which you can get from the first post of the Download thread) and was submitted by Konstantinos. This save will only work with v5 - you can get it here . Enjoy smile.gif .

EDIT - Added quote to avoid confusion wink.gif .

Master-Of-GTA
  • Master-Of-GTA

The Master Of Grand Theft Auto 3

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 October 2006 - 03:42 AM

Thanks for that. I'll be on the lookout for anymore bugs as well. Five more questions though. Is the Hunter in Liberty City (if so, where is it parked)? How many more vehicles will you be able to add to Liberty City? How do I install the updates (do I just replace the corresponding files)? Can you give me a list of the new vehicles so I can find them and try them out? And lastly, is version 2.6t playable (or at least stable)?

Sorry if these questions have already been answered.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 10 October 2006 - 04:24 AM

As far as I'm aware, the Hunter will spawn in Atlantic Quays (near the Triad Fish Factory in Portland) after the mission "The Exchange" is completed, and also at Phil's barracks on Staunton Island after you have collected 100 hidden packages. With debug mode activated, the Hunter is at Phil's Army Barracks and also in Portland (at the location described above). To turn debug mode on, go into Show Config -> Advanced -> Debug tab -> tick Use Debug Script -> Apply.

You can replace all unused VC vehicles - for a complete list of the vehicle replacements, head over to the Vehicles topic and check out the first post.

For how to install updates, read this post , which is linked in the Updates topic. It also tells you how to get the Show Config utility (if you don't have it).

New vehicles? I'm not sure what you mean by this, but again, I think the vehicle replacement list I linked you to should suffice for that question wink.gif .

And yes, 2.6 is playable and should be stable icon14.gif .

A few of these questions have been asked before, so next time, please use the Search function , as well as taking a bit of time to browse around the forum smile.gif . But anymore questions you have, I'll be glad to help you out.

Master-Of-GTA
  • Master-Of-GTA

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 October 2006 - 07:01 AM

Thank you so much for the heads-up. I really appreciate it. By 'new vehicles', I mean new to Liberty City from Vice City. Anyway, I'll check out the 'Vehicles' section. Thanks again.

banxter667
  • banxter667

Hangin with Busey!

• Members

Posted 10 October 2006 - 03:07 PM

Ok, here's my latest update, as well as my glaring admission of stupidity...

Konstantinos said:  You DO have the latest update from the pinned topic, right?

Well, I thought I did... upon further inspection, I noticed that I was using 2.6 when I was experiencing the EVC bug with the ambulance, although I still can't explain why the game crashed every time I took a used ambulance there, and since I had a slight run-in with a particularly nasty virus/data miner for the past couple days, I ended up having to just about do a complete hard drive wipe, so my logs are now nonexistant. Oh well, I'll chalk it up to not knowing what I was doing...

Secondly, I'd like to direct my thanks to Ben for step by stepping the installation process in another thread, especially since after reading through it about 8 times, I realized a few things I was doing wrong, which is probably why I couldn't ever get 2.7 to work at all. As soon as I get done with this post, I'll be reinstalling a fresh VC and attempting to insert 2.7 into it.

I do have one question though: I have GTA3 installed on my other pc downstairs, however, I no longer possess the disc, and was wondering if there would be any way I could just save the audio file from that install to a disc, and then copy it into the LC/audio - audioLC folder in my 2.7 installation? If this feature isn't supported yet, that's fine too, since I've seen all those cutscenes about 10000 times so far, and I could probably quote chatterboxFM on demand, so its really not altogether that important, but I would like to get rid of the cheesy VC ped dialog without having to go through all those steps to patch the SFX files. (at this point though, now that I actually have a guide to reference on how to do it, I'm sure I could muddle through).

Anyway, that's my update for now, and once I get it installed and running again, I'll continue to provide updates/problems on this run through... and if my skills haven't eroded too bad, I should be able to 100% it (assuming that's possible at this point) within 20 hours or less. Thanks again guys, and I'll keep you posted.

rahkstar2.gif

Dave_TE
  • Dave_TE

Peon

• Members

Posted 10 October 2006 - 05:08 PM Edited by Dave_TE, 10 October 2006 - 05:52 PM.

QUOTE (Ben @ Oct 9 2006, 08:22)
This means you don't have to wink.gif .  Also, for those of you with Excel, I've included a documentation of the LC SFX with the latest SFX package - I've spent the past few days converting it to BB-code, so I'll post it sometime soon-ish (that process was part of a bigger plan I have, so it might take a bit of time).

But, to answer your question - the police siren sounds are sfx00027 and sfx00028.  And they are definitely correct (I just checked them again) wink.gif .

Weird... When I open the sound with Win Amp they're fine, but in-game it sounds much more different..

EDIT: I edited the sound file a bit, gave it a different frequency. It's OK now.

BTW, any way to fix this?

user posted image

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 10 October 2006 - 07:06 PM Edited by Konstantinos, 10 October 2006 - 07:10 PM.

QUOTE (banxter667 @ Oct 10 2006, 17:07)
Anyway, that's my update for now, and once I get it installed and running again, I'll continue to provide updates/problems on this run through... and if my skills haven't eroded too bad, I should be able to 100% it (assuming that's possible at this point) within 20 hours or less.  Thanks again guys, and I'll keep you posted.

Way to go! smile.gif
Getting 100% is entirely possible. But you should know that the current mission script has an acute bug (hotring racer in vigilante and firefighter), so it will be updated soon. And as you may know, changing your main.scm will render your previous savegames useless. So you should wait with this until the next major release.

banxter667
  • banxter667

Hangin with Busey!

• Members

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:18 PM Edited by banxter667, 11 October 2006 - 03:11 AM.

Ok, so after 2-3 tries at installing 2.7, following Ben's step by step walkthrough, I finally got the game to actually load... However, in order to get it to load, I had to go into the config and restore all the sound files, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, except for the fact that its the VC cutscene dialogs, and in a very strange order at that, for instance:

The opening bank robbery scene has the dialog between Tommy and Lance right before they go in to kill Diaz, the cutscene where 8ball takes you to Luigi's has the dialog from Trojan Voodoo, etc.

I can't for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong, but I would be eternally grateful if someone could help me out, or explain it to me, or point out something I'm missing somewhere... This is eventually going to drive me insane...

Am I not deleting the right sound files, or rebuilding the wrong SFX archive, or... ? anuj_cop.gif I've been beating my brains out all day long trying to figure this out, and I just can't see what I'm doing wrong... I'll edit this post with the link to Ben's installation walkthrough, which I'm following to the letter, I even copy/pasted it into notepad so I could have it up while I'm installing the mod... suicidal.gif HELP

Ben said:  Alrighty, I'll see what I can do to help you out. The installation of v7test is a pretty complicated process, so I'll go through it step-by-step for you. The easiest thing to do would be to start from scratch I think, so the first thing I want you to do is to delete your LC folder.

Ok, now you'll need to make a copy of VC folder, and name the copy LC - this ensures that you can still play VC as well as LC. Next, you need to extract the 2.7t rar archive into your new LC folder, choosing Yes To All to overwrite relevant files. Then, you need to do the same with the 2.7t update rar file - extract it into your LC folder, choosing Yes To All to overwrite relevant files. After this, you must delete the IIItoVC_VC6.asi file (you should still have IIItoVC.asi though) - this file is in your main LC folder. Also check to ensure that you have a file in your main LC folder called vcversion.dll - if you don't, you will need to go to the Launcher topic, and download the latest package from the link in the first post, and then put vcversion.dll in your main LC folder. This process gives you the most up-to-date files needed to play LC.

If you have GTA3, you may also like to install the cutscene audio and GTA3 radio stations - to do this, you need to insert your GTA3 play CD, and Explore it. Find the Audio folder, and copy everything in that folder, and paste it into your LC\audioLC folder (not LC\audio). You can now take your GTA3 CD out as you won't need it again for LC.

You should probably also set up the Show Config utility now - to do this, you need to right click in your LC folder and select New -> Shortcut. In the wizard window that pops up, click Browse, and find gta-lc.exe. Click OK, and the path to gta-lc.exe should appear in the box. At the end of the path, after the " you need to type -showconfig - the path should read something like "<your LC directory>\gta-lc.exe" -showconfig.

The next step is the complicated part, and it involves updating the SFX for LC - the SFX is all of the background sounds you hear in-game, such as car engines, weapons, police, etc. The easiest way to do it is to go to your LC\audio folder, and make a new folder called SFX (the path of the folder will therefore be LC\audio\SFX). Move sfx.raw and sfx.sdt from your LC\audio folder into the SFX folder, and then check to ensure that they do not have the Read Only attribute applied - right click on each, and select Properties to check (if the Read Only box is checked, uncheck it and select Apply and then OK). Now, extract the SFX.rar file onto your desktop, and find the Nullpointer's Tool folder. Copy the contents of this folder into your LC\audio\SFX folder, and then run audext.exe - this will extract the SFX files from SFX.raw. Wait until the audext window closes itself - this can take a few minutes. When it has finished, you should now see a series of files that go from sfx00000.wav through to sfx09940.wav. Now, go back to your desktop and find the LC SFX folder. Copy the contents of this folder and paste into your LC\audio\SFX folder, choosing Yes To All to overwrite relevant files. Run Blanks.bat and wait until it closes itself. Now, run audimp.exe - this recompiles sfx.raw and sfx.sdt. Again, wait until the window (the audimp window) closes itself. Find sfx.raw and sfx.sdt and move them into your LC\audio folder (if prompted to Overwrite, choose Yes - this just means that you copied them into the SFX folder originally instead of moving them). You can now delete the SFX folder as well as the files/folders you extracted onto your desktop (from SFX.rar), as you no longer need them. 

I follow this to the letter each and every time I attempt to install it, and it's just not working right... any advice would be greatly appreciated, as well as whoever can help me wins my Personal Hero of the day award!!

Thanks

POST SCRIPT: I know that nsane's installer is for V 2.6, but it is awesome, saved me a great deal of time today, its a fast download and a faster installation, and I haven't had a problem with it yet... *paces floor waiting for 2.7 installer*... Also, thanks to Craig for sending me the link to it, had it not been for that, I'd still be wracking my head trying to get that thing installed.
catloaf_by_anuj.gif for ya nsane, you are now offically my hero...

Master-Of-GTA
  • Master-Of-GTA

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 October 2006 - 10:16 PM Edited by Master-Of-GTA, 11 October 2006 - 03:40 AM.

I've found a glitch! (As if there wasn't already enough to do anyway; sorry...) OK, I was on a PCJ 600 and heading across the grassy plains towards the Porter Tunnel entrance (the slopy part; for coordination, it was horizontal the way I was looking). I was going fairly fast, and I suddenly thought about the huge crash that would have occured if I hit the wall at that sort of a speed. So, in vain, I tried to do a handbrake turn to counter-act this, but ended up going off the top of the cliff and into the 'canyon', horizontally. I hit the white wall in this position, but strangely, when I hit it, I was warped to the front of Borgnine Taxis lying face down as if I had fallen off there. Needless to say, the PCJ had disappeared when I returned to the Porter Tunnel entrance to see if it had survived. I'm sorry if this is not clear, I'll retype it in a different way if nobody can understand.

Also, now that I remember it, my radio stations keep starting from the beginning each time I select them. Is there any fix?

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 11 October 2006 - 03:51 AM

@banxter667 - Sorry that my instructions wouldn't work for you sad.gif . That's the way I did it and it worked for me, so I'm not really sure what the problem is. But seeing as Craig's helped you out, I'll just let it go for now wink.gif .

@Master-Of-GTA - Can you grab a picture of exactly where that happened (preferably in debug mode so that we can see your coordinates as well) please? That'd make fixing it a LOT easier wink.gif .

banxter667
  • banxter667

Hangin with Busey!

• Members

Posted 11 October 2006 - 04:18 AM Edited by banxter667, 11 October 2006 - 04:23 AM.

QUOTE (Ben @ Oct 11 2006, 03:51)
@banxter667 - Sorry that my instructions wouldn't work for you sad.gif .  That's the way I did it and it worked for me, so I'm not really sure what the problem is.  But seeing as Craig's helped you out, I'll just let it go for now wink.gif .

Hey Ben, that's cool, I think I tried everything I could find about it at least 3-4 times, sometimes stuff just won't work no matter what you do. That post of yours did give me a few different ideas on how to approach problems like that in the future in case I get stuck with something similar... There's no such thing as bad knowledge in my book, incorrect knowledge, yes, but not bad knowledge, as far as I'm concerned, every day that I learn something that I didn't know when I woke up is a successful day.

BTW, your sig rocks, the best part of both of those movies was when Jon Bonjovi got shot, I bet I rewinded that part at least 50 times... that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

Master-Of-GTA
  • Master-Of-GTA

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2006 - 03:41 AM

Sorry, I can't seem to activate the glitch again. Maybe it was just a one off. Unfortunatly, the replay feature didn't seem to work. If it did, I'd have saved the replay and sent it to you. Ah well, back to getting all 100 hidden packages...

simplyunkillable
  • simplyunkillable

GTA: LC kick's A.R.S.E

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2006 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE (Master-Of-GTA @ Oct 12 2006, 03:41)
Sorry, I can't seem to activate the glitch again. Maybe it was just a one off. Unfortunatly, the replay feature didn't seem to work. If it did, I'd have saved the replay and sent it to you. Ah well, back to getting all 100 hidden packages...

you don't need to, just go back there and take a screenshot.

Master-Of-GTA
  • Master-Of-GTA

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2006 - 10:19 PM

If it happens again, I'll take a screenshot, but it hasn't, so it's not a prime concern.

Also, remember when I asked if version 2.6t of LC was playable or at least stable? I actually meant 2.7t... Sorry.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 12 October 2006 - 10:24 PM

Exactly - you don't need to take a screenshot for a one-off glitch, because if it can't be recreated, than it's pretty much impossible to fix.

As for 2.7t - with the updates, it is stable and playable. But without them, you may experience some problems - so if you're going to get it, then I'd suggest also getting the updates smile.gif .

Master-Of-GTA
  • Master-Of-GTA

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2006 - 10:36 PM

Right now I've got 2.6. So do I just make a brand new Vice City folder and install 2.7t into it?

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 12 October 2006 - 10:41 PM

I *THINK* you can just install 2.7t over 2.6, but to be on the safe side, I'd suggest starting from scratch - make a copy of an unmodded VC and install 2.7t there wink.gif .

Master-Of-GTA
  • Master-Of-GTA

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2006 - 11:42 PM

Ok, I'll be on the safe side tounge.gif .

Dave_TE
  • Dave_TE

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 October 2006 - 08:50 AM

I found a bug in 2.7...
When I use Russian language, I get random English letters on the pager.

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 13 October 2006 - 09:35 AM

QUOTE (Dave_TE @ Oct 13 2006, 10:50)
I found a bug in 2.7...
When I use Russian language, I get random English letters on the pager.

That's because there isn't a russian pager font yet. The translation was made before ModelingMan implemented the pager. Whoever made it should be contacted with the request...

Cowboy 666
  • Cowboy 666

Living an absolutely average life

• Members

Posted 21 October 2006 - 09:56 AM

Hey guys, I know how to fix the Toyz bug. In the handling.cfg was mistakenly writed as TOPFUN. Change the TOPFUN into TOYZ, and now should work.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 21 October 2006 - 01:24 PM

Nice find icon14.gif . But I'm not sure what effect renaming it in the handling may have - we had to hack the EXE to change the handling names. Renaming the handling ID in the default.ide might be a better option - I'll wait and see what Craig says before I update my copy of the file (seeing as I may be releasing updates at some stage that contain either the handling.cfg or default.ide) wink.gif .

Cheers smile.gif .

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 22 October 2006 - 07:36 AM

I thought the Toyz van was supposed to use the Pony's handling data.

Cowboy 666
  • Cowboy 666

Living an absolutely average life

• Members

Posted 22 October 2006 - 08:45 AM Edited by Cowboy 666, 22 October 2006 - 08:48 AM.

But I can paste the Pony's handling to the Toyz' handling, and I will testing that is a true.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 22 October 2006 - 09:58 AM

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Oct 22 2006, 17:36)
I thought the Toyz van was supposed to use the Pony's handling data.

blush.gif

How dumb do I feel? confused.gif Don't answer that.

I somehow miscounted the columns in my IDE. And, now that I think of it, I remember when it was changed to PONY...

*flees*

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 22 October 2006 - 02:19 PM Edited by Konstantinos, 22 October 2006 - 06:44 PM.

Wow ben, you let a bad report confuse you... that's unforgivable for this forum's moderator! You'll probably lose your job!

I'm kidding, I'm kidding! Please, don't *flee*, stay with us! smile.gif I have a great deal of respect for what you do - dealing with posts like this one without using profanity or obscenity. lol.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 23 October 2006 - 04:04 AM

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ Oct 23 2006, 00:19)
Wow ben, you let a bad report confuse you... that's unforgivable for this forum's moderator! You'll probably lose your job!

I'm kidding, I'm kidding! Please, don't *flee*, stay with us! smile.gif I have a great deal of respect for what you do - dealing with posts like this one without using profanity or obscenity. lol.gif

lol.gif

I did post that at around 11:30pm on Saturday, after I'd been studying most of the day, so I can see how it's possible I made that oversight. The fact that it was as simple as mis-counting to 5 didn't do much for my confidence going into my exam today (even though it was English and not Maths tounge.gif . Still, I think I went good icon14.gif ).

I won't be going anywhere though - I fled last night because it was about time I hit the hay (so to speak), and also before I made any other dumb mistakes blush.gif .

Oh, and by "without using profanity or obscenity" you mean this ? tounge.gif

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 23 October 2006 - 09:06 AM

QUOTE (Ben @ Oct 23 2006, 06:04)
Oh, and by "without using profanity or obscenity" you mean this ? tounge.gif

Exactly - your patience is admirable. smile.gif
BTW, pardon me for going offtopic. Maybe I'll edit this with something valid later... but I doubt there are any more bugs to be found. We'll only have to deal with the 77 existing ones lol.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 24 October 2006 - 01:26 AM

When there's nothing going on from the team, anything (even off topic nonsense) is welcome as a post. I gotta get working on this mod one of these days. Why does San Andreas have to be such a good (and time consuming) game to play?

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 24 October 2006 - 01:40 AM

@Kon - I'm sure 77 is enough, eh? wink.gif

@Craig - lol, you should try and not have it as a distraction for study. I have discovered a good method though - you see, I'm up to Amphibious Assault for Woozie, but my lung capacity isn't high enough to start it. And seeing as I can't be bothered getting it up (no pun intended tounge.gif ) I can't do anything else in SA. Hence I've stopped playing it for now wink.gif .

There's plenty of small things for you to tackle though I think - although I'm not sure how up-to-date the coding aspect of the checklist is. I'll leave that to your expertise, eh? smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users