BUGS, GLITCHES, and INCOMPLETES

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,280 replies to this topic
LCSurvivor
  • LCSurvivor

X

• Members

Posted 02 September 2006 - 01:04 AM

Thanks, ModelingMan, you are great! Good to hear the cause of the bug is found. smile.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 03 September 2006 - 01:42 AM

Rightio, as promised, the checklist has been updated to include all newly reported issues. I haven't added the pager crash though because ModelingMan is very close to having it fixed, and when it is, Craig will be updating the update package smile.gif .

kiwidesign
  • kiwidesign

GTA:LC kiwi :)

• Members

Posted 03 September 2006 - 01:09 PM

hi, there are two evident texture bugs on the Portland fire dept. garage, here the pics:

user posted image <--- GTAIII

user posted image <--- GTALC

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Members

Posted 03 September 2006 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (kiwidesign @ Sep 3 2006, 14:09)
hi, there are two evident texture bugs on the Portland fire dept. garage, here the pics:

http://img100.images...gfireiiinl5.jpg <--- GTAIII

http://img100.images...ugfirelcfr3.jpg <--- GTALC

That seems like an alpha/transparency problem (similar to the trees in SSV). It might be to do with a render state which can possibly be altered just like the model culling. I'll have a look into it.

kiwidesign
  • kiwidesign

• Members

Posted 04 September 2006 - 12:53 PM

okay smile.gif

now... I noticed a thing, this isn't a bug, but a sort of incomplete conversion for the car crusher (maybe 'cause wasn't possible to make it work like in gta3)
there are few differences:
-the animation; how is written in the checklist "the lid closes while the magnet is still down, so it goes up through the lid."
-texture problem: the lid in LC seem to miss a texture, but it could be removed from the team for reasons I don't know.
user posted image (III) user posted image (LC)

-the bigger one, different functioning from gta3:
if you ever walked into gta3 car crusher (with any teleporter or jumping inside with a car and exiting the vehicle) you surely know that the inside floor of the crusher is a sort of deathzone: I mean, if you walk onto it you'll immediately die.
this doesn't happens in LC (but this is a minor tweak, in III you shouldn't be able to get into the crusher).
than, in III when the lid closes, the crusher "shakes" a bit, and the car inside the crusher really become destroyed (=it explodes) and disappears from the crusher; in LC you'll only receive money, but if you look/teleport/jump/fly into the crusher, you'll see that the car is still there and drivable (not exploded).
the last thing: in III the crusher picks up also brand new vehicles, and some kind of cars can't be crushed, i.e. the rhino (when you park it in the area, a message warn you that "the crane cannot lift up this vehicle"). in LC only broken vehicles can be crushed (maybe you done this on purpose?), and every kind of vehicle can be crushed (also if it's too big to enter in the crusher)
user posted image user posted image

the only exception is the rhino (maybe other cars, I haven't tried them all obv.), if you park it in the area and than press the "exit vehicle" button, you'll get wasted confused.gif

other bug/glitches: I noticed that police bribes, shields, adrenaline and similar bonuses rampage_ani.gif still have VC pink glow, but I think this is hardcoded if you haven't yet changed it user posted image

the last thing, there are few bugs with the amazing sparrow/deLorean: first I don't know if this is editble (but I think so) and surely you noticed it: when claude gets in the delorean, he's seated a lil' bit too high and a slice of the head gets off the roof confused.gif ...unfortunately IS_LOW handling flag (the driver sit lower and lean back) isn't enough to fix the problem.
2nd bug: if you "drive" the sparrow\delorean into any pay'n'spray the game will crash. I could post a crash report if needed smile.gif

that's all folks (for the moment)... I hope to have helpd the cause moto_whistle.gif

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 05 September 2006 - 03:38 PM

Sup gang. I'm having a problem with the v7 install. I was finally updating Liberty Studios (which lets me select peds and such for filming). I had finally gotten it to work well with v6, since all of the special actors names had changed. I installed v7, everything's kosher, but now the gang peds and vice cops crash the game. Would it be safe to extract the txd/dff's from the v6 img file and add them to this one? Has anyone else had a problem with this?

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 05 September 2006 - 04:45 PM Edited by Konstantinos, 05 September 2006 - 04:49 PM.

QUOTE (ceedj @ Sep 5 2006, 17:38)
Sup gang. I'm having a problem with the v7 install. I was finally updating Liberty Studios (which lets me select peds and such for filming). I had finally gotten it to work well with v6, since all of the special actors names had changed. I installed v7, everything's kosher, but now the gang peds and vice cops crash the game. Would it be safe to extract the txd/dff's from the v6 img file and add them to this one? Has anyone else had a problem with this?

I don't think moving the gang files from one IMG to another would help - they haven't changed at all between the versions. The vice cops (VICE1-8) were removed in v6 and replaced by copied swat guys (SWAT1-8), so you'll have to extract them from your VC img and add to the LC one. Other than that, I don't know how to help you. I just hope you'll get over this issue - can't wait to see the next season of PEDS in Liberty! rah.gif

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 05 September 2006 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ Sep 5 2006, 12:45)
they haven't changed at all between the versions.

That's interesting. I'm curious to know what would cause something like this. Actually, it would be VERY helpful to know what changes were made between v6 and v7 so I can decide which one better suits my needs. I still have v6, and can re-install it pretty easily; I was more concerned about releasing the new Liberty Studios with v7 support. Not a big deal though, as v6 has everything I need so far.

One minor detail I noticed - Claude's pants around his ass area are kind of wonky. I'll just be using him for wide and background shots, and I have a feeling it's already known, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Have I said thanks to you guys lately for this? Well, now I did. lol.gif

kiwidesign
  • kiwidesign

• Members

Posted 08 September 2006 - 10:41 AM

QUOTE (kiwidesign @ Sep 4 2006, 12:53)

now... I noticed a thing, this isn't a bug, but a sort of incomplete conversion for the car crusher (maybe 'cause wasn't possible to make it work like in gta3)
there are few differences:
-the animation; how is written in the checklist "the lid closes while the magnet is still down, so it goes up through the lid."
-texture problem: the lid in LC seem to miss a texture, but it could be removed from the team for reasons I don't know.
user posted image (III) user posted image (LC)

-the bigger one, different functioning from gta3:
if you ever walked into gta3 car crusher (with any teleporter or jumping inside with a car and exiting the vehicle) you surely know that the inside floor of the crusher is a sort of deathzone: I mean, if you walk onto it you'll immediately die.
this doesn't happens in LC (but this is a minor tweak, in III you shouldn't be able to get into the crusher).
than, in III when the lid closes, the crusher "shakes" a bit, and the car inside the crusher really become destroyed (=it explodes) and disappears from the crusher; in LC you'll only receive money, but if you look/teleport/jump/fly into the crusher, you'll see that the car is still there and drivable (not exploded).
the last thing: in III the crusher picks up also brand new vehicles, and some kind of cars can't be crushed, i.e. the rhino (when you park it in the area, a message warn you that "the crane cannot lift up this vehicle"). in LC only broken vehicles can be crushed (maybe you done this on purpose?), and every kind of vehicle can be crushed (also if it's too big to enter in the crusher)
user posted image user posted image

the only exception is the rhino (maybe other cars, I haven't tried them all obv.), if you park it in the area and than press the "exit vehicle" button, you'll get wasted confused.gif

other bug/glitches: I noticed that police bribes, shields, adrenaline and similar bonuses rampage_ani.gif still have VC pink glow, but I think this is hardcoded if you haven't yet changed it user posted image

the last thing, there are few bugs with the amazing sparrow/deLorean: first I don't know if this is editble (but I think so) and surely you noticed it: when claude gets in the delorean, he's seated a lil' bit too high and a slice of the head gets off the roof confused.gif ...unfortunately IS_LOW handling flag (the driver sit lower and lean back) isn't enough to fix the problem.
2nd bug: if you "drive" the sparrow\delorean into any pay'n'spray the game will crash. I could post a crash report if needed smile.gif

that's all folks (for the moment)... I hope to have helpd the cause moto_whistle.gif

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 08 September 2006 - 12:28 PM

That was unnecessary, the LC Team will see your bugs eventually, I know you want the mod really good, but now you are just picking on stuff, your not meant to see in the crusher.

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Members

Posted 08 September 2006 - 01:30 PM

The crusher is obviously not going to be exactly like GTAIII since LC's crane is merely a simulation done via the SCM. The GTAIII crusher has and functions exactly like a garage door, the only difference is the crane (which, when a vehicle is parked under it, checks the type of vehicle before lifting it), basically it's an extended garage. LC crusher is much different, I didn't code it but I could guess that it checks if a vehicle is in a sphere (under the crane) if there is lift it and place it in the crusher (which is only an object) and that's it. It's not easy to create the crusher in the SCM since it's limited to the functionality of the scripting engine, however, it is possible to code the crane/crusher in C++ into an ASI, but that would also take some work since modifications would need to be done to the game's garage functions.

As for the pickups, that's another obvious one. It's something I haven't looked into, but I do know that it would be an easy thing to change.

Just a reminder to anyone who post bug reports, we do see and take into consideratin the bugs that you post, maybe we don't reply soon enough, or not at all, but that's because we also have our own lives outside of GTA just like everyone else, so if you'll just be patient someone will reply as soon as possible.

Moving on, a new version of the IIItoVC module has been completed and should be released shortly, this should solve the crash with the pager which some folk have had since it uses a completely different approach when drawing the pagar text.

kiwidesign
  • kiwidesign

• Members

Posted 08 September 2006 - 11:54 PM Edited by kiwidesign, 08 September 2006 - 11:56 PM.

sorry folks, I know I made a "newb-action" but I can't know the history of LC coding, so I wanted to know if this was the final solution for the crusher smile.gif

ouch! ouch!! OUCH!! anuj_cop.gif I beg your pardon moto_whistle.gif

...anyway what about the pink glow and, chiefly, the delorean head-in-the-roof bug? it is easy to fix how it seem to be?

the error for pay'n'spray crash:
CODE
Exception at address: 0x005B47E5
EXE Version:          gta-vc.exe 1.0 US
Last opcode executed: 0001 wait
In thread:            blob_hp

Registers -----------------------------------------------------
EAX: 0x48511D9F EBX: 0x00000000 ECX: 0x454B4146 EDX: 0x0012F184
ESI: 0x3B12C7E7 EDI: 0x44FF6788 EBP: 0x03B233E8 ESP: 0x0012F0EC
EFLAGS: 10000001000000010

here the full report smile.gif

QUOTE (ModelingMan @ Sep 8 2006, 13:30)
Moving on, a new version of the IIItoVC module has been completed and should be released shortly, this should solve the crash with the pager which some folk have had since it uses a completely different approach when drawing the pagar text.

goood icon14.gif

many thanks MMan inlove.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 09 September 2006 - 02:47 AM

The new asi has quietly been released (it's in the 2.7up package now in the pinned thread). The reason I didn't post about it is because I'm still getting the same crash as I did with the old asi file. But since I may not be online much this weekend, I thought I'd let ModelingMan know about it here.

Here's the game crash I get whenever I try to start "Don't Spank Ma Bitch Up" (just after the cutscene). Without the asi, it starts fine. Here is the important part of the crash report:
CODE
Exception at address: 0x004C52A1
EXE Version:          gta-vc.exe 1.0 US
Last opcode executed: 0001 wait
In thread:            train

Registers -----------------------------------------------------
EAX: 0x000001C4 EBX: 0x000001C4 ECX: 0x00000001 EDX: 0x00000001
ESI: 0x00000003 EDI: 0x0012FCD8 EBP: 0x000002A0 ESP: 0x0012F7C0
EFLAGS: 10000001001000110

Also, there is a new hud.txd file included in that package, but the font of the pager shows vertical lines between each letter. I can provide a screenshot if necessary.

I encourage all of our testers to grap the new asi and see if there are crashes at the start of any other mission. Don't Spank was the only mission that crashed for me so far, but I have not had the time to test it that I'd like.

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 09 September 2006 - 09:31 AM

What's the deal with "add to image" in that update? Are the vice cops officially back in? Or is it so that ModelingMan found a way to load the regular SWAT only? In that case, I don't really have to add the vice cops, or their car, right?

Anyway, I've only just started the game, and the pager works, hooray! rah.gif Gotta test it for the bugs though.

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Members

Posted 09 September 2006 - 12:45 PM Edited by ModelingMan, 09 September 2006 - 01:57 PM.

I'll have a look into the "Don't Spank Ma Bitch Up" crash, I haven't had the crash myself since I don't think I have started that mission with the ASI.

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Sep 9 2006, 03:47)
Also, there is a new hud.txd file included in that package, but the font of the pager shows vertical lines between each letter. I can provide a screenshot if necessary.

I'm aware of the "vertical lines". Those are actually part of the next letter (e.g a space has a bit of the exclamation). I'll need to do some tweaking to remove these.

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ Sep 9 2006, 10:31)
Anyway, I've only just started the game, and the pager works, hooray! rah.gif Gotta test it for the bugs though.

That's all I wanted to hear, and I'm glad it works. As for bugs, I will be surprised if there is any, I have tested more or less everything with the pager and the 014D opcode handler and have had no problems, which is why I was confused when your game would crash with the older IIItoVC.

--------------------

Edit: IIItoVC has been updated.
Crash with "Don't Spank Ma Bitch Up" was solved, the problem was with a solution for the crash of the I/E garage which is now no longer needed.
Pager text no longer has the "vertical lines".

You can get the updated version in the "Updates" topic.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 09 September 2006 - 03:42 PM

Thanks a bunch. Your new files are now included in the 2.7up package. I'll test them and get back to you if I find any issues.

kiwidesign
  • kiwidesign

• Members

Posted 09 September 2006 - 04:52 PM

great work MMan icon14.gif , the pager now work but ther's a problem with font drawing you can't probably see... in fact the pager doesn't show accented letters like etc. that are used in spanish, italian and french languages (gxt)...

actually they simply not show confused.gif

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 09 September 2006 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (kiwidesign @ Sep 9 2006, 18:52)
great work MMan icon14.gif , the pager now work but ther's a problem with font drawing you can't probably see... in fact the pager doesn't show accented letters like etc. that are used in spanish, italian and french languages (gxt)...

That's because the pager font texture simply doesn't contain them. smile.gif Now language pack makers need to modify that, too.

Anyway, the new player.dff seems to have a glitch... player's texture flickers, especially in the pants area. Hope you can see it in this picture:
user posted image

kiwidesign
  • kiwidesign

• Members

Posted 09 September 2006 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ Sep 9 2006, 17:16)
QUOTE (kiwidesign @ Sep 9 2006, 18:52)

That's because the pager font texture simply doesn't contain them. smile.gif Now language pack makers need to modify that, too.

mercie_blink.gif
sorry dude but you are wrong, here they are:

user posted image

"missed" fonts are russian and polish ones, these letters ( ...) are already ingame!

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 09 September 2006 - 06:06 PM

Well then the gxt needs to be changed to be in accordance with the font. Either way it's not a bug to be fixed in the official release.

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Members

Posted 09 September 2006 - 06:31 PM

I forgot to mention that I need to add support for those letters. I didn't add it now because I wanted to see if this new version of IIItoVC worked, and since it does I will add support for those ASAP.

Anyway, the new player.dff seems to have a glitch... player's texture flickers, especially in the pants area. Hope you can see it in this picture:
http://img511.images...9489/assgk7.jpg

AK-73 must have duplicated the faces and reversed the normals for Claude's pockets (similar technique for the model fixes), the reason it flickers like that is because I disabled culling which renders both sides of a polygon, therefore AK-73 never had to duplicate the faces.

kiwidesign
  • kiwidesign

• Members

Posted 09 September 2006 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ Sep 9 2006, 18:06)
Well then the gxt needs to be changed to be in accordance with the font.

what do you mean? the error is in the pager drawing of these letters, not in spanish or french gxt, or in the italian one I'm working on (that have exactly gtaIII strings, and work with any other text in the game)

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ Sep 9 2006, 18:06)
Either way it's not a bug to be fixed in the official release.

but this SHOULD BE in official release because gtaIII HAS accented letters!

QUOTE (ModelingMan @ Sep 9 2006, 18:31)
I forgot to mention that I need to add support for those letters. I didn't add it now because I wanted to see if this new version of IIItoVC worked, and since it does I will add support for those ASAP.

okay wink.gif icon14.gif

LCSurvivor
  • LCSurvivor

X

• Members

Posted 09 September 2006 - 08:46 PM Edited by LCSurvivor, 09 September 2006 - 11:43 PM.

I don't know why, but when I start a new game with the new DBUG.scm (by ticking 'use debug script' option in config), my game crashes at the loading screen. The normal MAIN.scm does load up.

EDIT: That's weird, I unticked the debug option to at least play a normal game, but it loaded up the debug script confused.gif But at least the script is working.
And thanks ModelingMan, the pager looks DAMN sweet! biggrin.gif

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 09 September 2006 - 08:58 PM Edited by Konstantinos, 09 September 2006 - 09:01 PM.

@kiwidesign:
Ah well, I didn't know you only needed to use the existing characters, without adding new ones. You see, I wanted to make a czech translation... but I would have to implement at least 15 diacritics into each of the 4 fonts. suicidal.gif I'd say I envy you your language if it didn't sound so stupid. smile.gif Anyway MM cleared it up.

Back to something relevant...
QUOTE (ModelingMan)
AK-73 must have duplicated the faces and reversed the normals for Claude's pockets (similar technique for the model fixes), the reason it flickers like that is because I disabled culling which renders both sides of a polygon, therefore AK-73 never had to duplicate the faces.

Just wanted to say that it's not just the pockets... it's a large part of the model, mostly pants, but also an area of his jacket at the front.
BTW, AK-73 did a great job on the new animations, just like MM with fixing the ASI. The reenabled scrolling text looks great. Kudos to both of you guys! icon14.gif icon14.gif

kiwidesign
  • kiwidesign

• Members

Posted 09 September 2006 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ Sep 9 2006, 20:58)
@kiwidesign:
Ah well, I didn't know you only needed to use the existing characters, without adding new ones. You see, I wanted to make a czech translation... but I would have to implement at least 15 diacritics into each of the 4 fonts. suicidal.gif I'd say I envy you your language if it didn't sound so stupid. smile.gif Anyway MM cleared it up.

no prob wink.gif

anyway italian.gxt is 70% done, I hope to finish it before backing to school suicidal.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 11 September 2006 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ Sep 9 2006, 19:31)
What's the deal with "add to image" in that update? Are the vice cops officially back in? Or is it so that ModelingMan found a way to load the regular SWAT only? In that case, I don't really have to add the vice cops, or their car, right?

Because MM found out how to stop the vicechee appearing at 3 wanted stars, we decided to stick it back in. Craig didn't like the look of the VC one though, so he added silver's GTA3-style one wink.gif . The swat guys look REALLY out of place in it, so it's just back to the old Miami Vice guys. When Hammer gets the time, I've asked him to add a checkbox option within Show Config so that you can toggle the vicechee showing up at 3 wanted stars. As it currently is, it doesn't show up at all unless you spawn it through the SCM.

So to answer your question, yes, you do need to add those files. You should be able to remove swat1 through to swat8 and enforce2 from the IMG as well smile.gif .

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ Sep 9 2006, 19:31)
Anyway, I've only just started the game, and the pager works, hooray!  rah.gif Gotta test it for the bugs though.

Nice icon14.gif . Glad to hear it's fixed for you smile.gif .

QUOTE (kiwidesign @ Sep 10 2006, 07:21)
anyway italian.gxt is 70% done, I hope to finish it before backing to school suicidal.gif
Excellent work - I'll have to update the FINALGXT package then.

@ModelingMan - Nice work on the new ASI, I'll have to test it out.

@Everyone - I haven't been around for nearly a week now because Windows raped my PC. For a while, it looked as though my HD had gone, but fortunately, it's all fixed now and I haven't lost anything. Tonight will be spent backing EVERYTHING up though wink.gif .

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 11 September 2006 - 10:51 AM Edited by Konstantinos, 11 September 2006 - 08:00 PM.

QUOTE (Ben @ Sep 11 2006, 08:51)
So to answer your question, yes, you do need to add those files.  You should be able to remove swat1 through to swat8 and enforce2 from the IMG as well smile.gif .

Yeah, I figured I can remove the redundant files. But since I don't want the vice cheetah to spawn, I don't really have to install it, do I?

Anyway, I've been through the checklist topic, and there's a few things for you to tick off (now that your PC has recovered from the rape smile.gif )

You can complete Sayonara Salvatore very easily by shooting a flamethrower through the front wall of Luigi's you will fry the Don and his boys on the other side.
I think this was ruled out as being a normal thing in VC and even GTA3.

The outro screen (outro.txd) is in desperate need of an update. (I've updated it, but it hasn't been publicly released yet - I'm waiting on an EXE hack for multiple screens).
The screen was updated, you even mention it further up the list. The names only version looks very nice btw.

Either the path or the model of the 747s need changing as they sink into the ground.
Fixed! Thanks to Mark Pagliaro.

I'll be testing the latest setup now (with the new, perfectly working ASI file inlove.gif ), see if anything else got fixed.

EDIT:

Once you fill the car list of the Portland Import/Export garage, the game will crash when you approach it. The same thing used to happen with the SSV garage before - looks like the bug had moved tounge.gif - see this post.
The exporting function was revamped (see this post) and it's working great now. I've only actually tested the Portland garage, but there's no reason not to believe that the other two are fixed as well.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 September 2006 - 06:08 AM

QUOTE (kiwidesign @ Sep 9 2006, 17:21)

Good work with that! My friend speaks Italian and I was going to have him do them. Now he doesn't have to. Hehe.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 12 September 2006 - 07:11 AM

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ Sep 11 2006, 20:51)
QUOTE (Ben @ Sep 11 2006, 08:51)
So to answer your question, yes, you do need to add those files. You should be able to remove swat1 through to swat8 and enforce2 from the IMG as well smile.gif .

Yeah, I figured I can remove the redundant files. But since I don't want the vice cheetah to spawn, I don't really have to install it, do I?

Anyway, I've been through the checklist topic, and there's a few things for you to tick off (now that your PC has recovered from the rape smile.gif )

You can complete Sayonara Salvatore very easily by shooting a flamethrower through the front wall of Luigi's you will fry the Don and his boys on the other side.
I think this was ruled out as being a normal thing in VC and even GTA3.

The outro screen (outro.txd) is in desperate need of an update. (I've updated it, but it hasn't been publicly released yet - I'm waiting on an EXE hack for multiple screens).
The screen was updated, you even mention it further up the list. The names only version looks very nice btw.

Either the path or the model of the 747s need changing as they sink into the ground.
Fixed! Thanks to Mark Pagliaro.

I'll be testing the latest setup now (with the new, perfectly working ASI file inlove.gif ), see if anything else got fixed.

EDIT:

Once you fill the car list of the Portland Import/Export garage, the game will crash when you approach it. The same thing used to happen with the SSV garage before - looks like the bug had moved tounge.gif - see this post.
The exporting function was revamped (see this post) and it's working great now. I've only actually tested the Portland garage, but there's no reason not to believe that the other two are fixed as well.

Ah ok, cheers. I'll head off and do that now smile.gif .

And actually, the names only outro screen was created by ModelingMan, not me, so I'll update the team list and readme too icon14.gif .

As for the vicechee, I'm not sure if you have to install it (if it doesn't spawn, the game shouldn't crash), but the next major update package will have it compiled into the IMG anyway wink.gif .

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 13 September 2006 - 01:44 PM

Hi all!

Yes, I did clone a few sub-objects and flipped their normals. At that time it made sense to do that. If you want to, I think I can produce a version without
the extra faces. Also, I think I'll be able to get to producing a better version of Claude (hips area). Some time ago I did some testing for my GTA:FPS mod in standard controls mode and realized that the animations don't look quite good while running diagonally ahead as they do when moving straight ahead or to the side. So that's something I would like to see fixed. Also I would like to work over the civi_sprint animation; it was the 2nd animation I converted and it shows (at least when viewed while looking backwards). The reason that its imprecise nature isn't all that apparent is because the animation goes so fast.
So I'll do some fixing on that too. smile.gif

Alex

PS Ben, if you ever get to work through my guidelines to creating a basic version of prison claude, don't forget that everything related to the creation of backsides of certain faces is now obsolete. smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users