Photo

BUGS, GLITCHES, and INCOMPLETES

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,280 replies to this topic
LCSurvivor
  • LCSurvivor

X

• Members

Posted 08 August 2006 - 08:08 PM Edited by LCSurvivor, 08 August 2006 - 11:29 PM.

Hello,

I've been looking through this topic, but I haven't seen anyone with the problem I'm encountering:
In Vice, when you went to a/the menu, a flashy black edge appeared around the screens in funky shapes.
The problem is, this hasn't gone away in my LC. Does anyone know why this is? Before you ask, my .exe is legal wink.gif
Other than that the game is very playable, apart from the other bugs posted in this topic.

EDIT: Mousesteer does not seem to work with bikes. (Don't know if this also is this way in Vice.)

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Members

Posted 09 August 2006 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE (LCSurvivor @ Aug 8 2006, 21:08)
a flashy black edge appeared around the screens in funky shapes.
The problem is, this hasn't gone away in my LC.

That is still to be done. I'll be adding it to the IIItoVC package after the other more important modifications are completed.

LCSurvivor
  • LCSurvivor

X

• Members

Posted 09 August 2006 - 12:46 AM

Ok, thanks for the reply MM, didn't know that. smile.gif

*goes back to play LC*

marr0w
  • marr0w

aspiring maniac

• Members

Posted 16 August 2006 - 11:26 PM

Ok, downloaded the files from Updates for GTA:LC and now I've come accross this little annoyance. Everytime I try to pick up the hidden package behind the police department on Shoreside Vale the game crashes and I get this:

CODE
Exception at address: 0x00551E0D
EXE Version:          gta-vc.exe 1.0 US
Last opcode executed: 0001 wait
In thread:            ambul_m

Registers -----------------------------------------------------
EAX: 0x00001922 EBX: 0x00000000 ECX: 0x00000000 EDX: 0xFFE07FEB
ESI: 0x00709454 EDI: 0x0012F42A EBP: 0x00000000 ESP: 0x0012F05C
EFLAGS: 10000001000000110

Pleeeeease don't tell me I have to reinstall yet again! Someone else is having this problem, right? Please?
...can you at least lie and say you do?

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 18 August 2006 - 10:13 AM

QUOTE (marr0w @ Aug 17 2006, 01:26)
Ok, downloaded the files from Updates for GTA:LC and now I've come accross this little annoyance. Everytime I try to pick up the hidden package behind the police department on Shoreside Vale the game crashes and I get this:

CODE
In thread:            ambul_m

EAX: 0x00001922 EBX: 0x00000000 ECX: 0x00000000 EDX: 0xFFE07FEB
ESI: 0x00709454 EDI: 0x0012F42A EBP: 0x00000000 ESP: 0x0012F05C
EFLAGS: 10000001000000110

Pleeeeease don't tell me I have to reinstall yet again! Someone else is having this problem, right? Please?
...can you at least lie and say you do?

Does the pager work for you? It could be because you are supposed to get the "[weapon] delivered to hideout" message after every 10 hp's. My game crashes when it should display the pager, and it's driving me nuts. suicidal.gif

scalliano
  • scalliano

Ice Cold Killa

• Members

Posted 18 August 2006 - 07:11 PM

MAJOR problem!

I've installed all the components on the Updates thread, and v7 won't even get as far as the main menu before crashing. I've tried a fresh install of VC and still nothing. I'm out of options. Any ideas?

And yes, I am running a legit copy of VC, before anyone points the accusing finger.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 18 August 2006 - 09:55 PM

Did you delete the IIItoVC_VC6.asi file from your main LC folder?

scalliano
  • scalliano

Ice Cold Killa

• Members

Posted 19 August 2006 - 09:43 AM Edited by scalliano, 19 August 2006 - 10:38 AM.

D'oh! My bad. Missed the big "Delete the VC6.asi file!" text file. Sorry.

However, it doesn't end there. I have the hidden package/pager problem too. I got it when I picked up the package in the demolition site (where Toni's hideout is in LCS).

I don't konw if this helps, but I have 2 PCs, one with a Radeon x600 and the other with a GFX 5500. I'm getting the pager problem on the GFX machine, meaning I can't get off the bridge in debug mode. The pager works on the ATI machine, but the game randomly causes a hardware crash out of sheer badness. Talk about Catch 22 confused.gif

marr0w
  • marr0w

aspiring maniac

• Members

Posted 20 August 2006 - 04:18 AM

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ Aug 18 2006, 10:13)
Does the pager work for you? It could be because you are supposed to get the "[weapon] delivered to hideout" message after every 10 hp's. My game crashes when it should display the pager, and it's driving me nuts. suicidal.gif

Actually in my case so far the pager does work! I don't hear any sounds from it but it displays and the text scrolls like it's supposed to. Technicly, as soon as I jump up to the roof where the package is and take about two steps towards it, it crashes. Otherwise it seems to be running fine.

Ministry
  • Ministry

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 August 2006 - 07:56 AM

I’ve downloaded everything from the first post and installed it. Works fine. But I wanted to have access to all the missions from the beginning so I renamed “debug” mission file DBUG.SCM into MAIN.SCM. The game starts but crashes after about 10 seconds. No matter what I do in game. Even if I stand still.

marr0w
  • marr0w

aspiring maniac

• Members

Posted 21 August 2006 - 09:34 AM

Hmmm... I'm running debug as well, could that possibly be the issue? Oh, and on further inspection going -under- the roof with the hidden package and into the garage has crashed the game as well.

CODE
In thread:            noname

EAX: 0x00005822 EBX: 0x00000000 ECX: 0x00000000 EDX: 0x002D000F
ESI: 0x0070940C EDI: 0x0012F290 EBP: 0x00000000 ESP: 0x0012F094
EFLAGS: 10000001010010110

Y'know, if someone would just say "No, Marr0w. I can pick up the package just fine on my copy." I'd be completly happy and would shut up about the whole thing. It's just really annoying...

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 21 August 2006 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE (Ministry @ Aug 21 2006, 17:56)
I’ve downloaded everything from the first post and installed it. Works fine. But I wanted to have access to all the missions from the beginning so I renamed “debug” mission file DBUG.SCM into MAIN.SCM. The game starts but crashes after about 10 seconds. No matter what I do in game. Even if I stand still.

Your problem is the renaming. Rename it back to DBUG.SCM and put the original MAIN.SCM back. Then, go into the Show Config utility (see the first post of the FAQ if you don't have it) and under the first tab, tick "Use Debug SCM". It should all work fine after that smile.gif .

QUOTE (marr0w @ Aug 21 2006, 19:34)
Hmmm... I'm running debug as well, could that possibly be the issue? Oh, and on further inspection going -under- the roof with the hidden package and into the garage has crashed the game as well.

CODE
In thread:            noname

EAX: 0x00005822 EBX: 0x00000000 ECX: 0x00000000 EDX: 0x002D000F
ESI: 0x0070940C EDI: 0x0012F290 EBP: 0x00000000 ESP: 0x0012F094
EFLAGS: 10000001010010110

Y'know, if someone would just say "No, Marr0w. I can pick up the package just fine on my copy." I'd be completly happy and would shut up about the whole thing. It's just really annoying...

It could be, although I doubt it. It is true though, that there are some bugs that exist only in debug mode. I'd test it out for you, but I don't have LC installed at the moment confused.gif . Best of luck with it - I'm sure someone will figure it out soon smile.gif .

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 21 August 2006 - 12:16 PM

QUOTE (Ben @ Aug 21 2006, 13:02)
QUOTE (Ministry @ Aug 21 2006, 17:56)

Your problem is the renaming. Rename it back to DBUG.SCM and put the original MAIN.SCM back. Then, go into the Show Config utility (see the first post of the FAQ if you don't have it) and under the first tab, tick "Use Debug SCM". It should all work fine after that smile.gif .

Renaming is not the problem. Raplacing main.scm with dbug.scm yields the same result as ticking the option in config - that's just more user friendly.
It looks like the pager crash I'm having - because in debug mode, you are supposed to get the "El Burro wants to offer you an opportunity" message after cca 10 seconds.

@marr0w:
No, Marr0w. I can pick up the package just fine on my copy. tounge.gif
But my copy has a much worse screwup, so it's no win.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 22 August 2006 - 05:46 AM

Ah yes, that'd make sense. blush.gif

I do have a theory on the pager crash though, and it's the only thing I can think of. I think we can safely eliminate the SFX and the SCM as potential causes because other people have those and experience no problems. MM also tested his ASI on a wide range of EXEs (not sure if he did all, but I think he implemented the functions through Hammer's VC versioning module, so all EXEs should be fine) - that should rule that out too.

Do you still have pager.txd in your LC\TXD directory? A while ago (actually, July 26) I was talking to MM over MSN and he linked me to what was then his latest ASI package, and said that pager.txd was no longer needed as the pager graphics were now in hud.txd. If you don't have pager.txd and you have a txd viewing program, open up hud.txd and make sure that you have brassk and screw in there (those are the pager files).

I wouldn't assume that this would make any difference, although not removing the VC6 ASI causes problems, so this might be on the right track confused.gif . I don't have the update package so I don't know whether pager.txd was removed from it, or whether there are instructions to remove pager.txd with it, but you might as well give it a try.

Please post and let us know either way smile.gif .

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 22 August 2006 - 02:43 PM

I do have this updated hud.txd with pager textures - it's in the 2.7up package. My IIItoVC.asi file is from that, too - dated August 5. Anyway, deleting pager.txd doesn't help. sad.gif
What's really puzzling me about this whole thing is that an early version of the asi file worked for me - pager, loading screens and all that. But any version since that crashes. If only I'd kept the working one. mad.gif It was posted by ModelingMan here on July 12. That download link is dead now, but I don't think he kept the old version, anyway.
I could work this around by changing all the text_pager opcodes in the scm back into text_box, but it's a real pain in the ass.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 22 August 2006 - 10:03 PM

Hmmmm, that's about the only thing I can think of. I'd say it's safe to assume that it's a problem with the asi file being incompatible with something on your end, otherwise it'd be happening to everyone else as well. But in saying that, I don't think it's something exclusive to you because it sounds like Ministry is having the same problem as well - I was under the impression you were using VC 1.0 US, right? If so, that doesn't really help either because that's the most common EXE confused.gif . I really don't know. Furthermore, if MM can't recreate it, then fixing it is going to be quite difficult. I wish I could be more help - I'll grab LC at some stage over the next few weeks (I've got one assignment left to do and then I'm free for a while) and see if I can recreate it.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 23 August 2006 - 11:58 AM

Hey I have a few bugs to report, sorry if they have been mentioned

user posted image

When you approach the garage at your Portland Safehouse, you can see a small gap between floor and garage door. It only fixes itself when you opn the garage.

user posted image

Joey's neck is screwed up, small model problem

user posted image

When you park a car in Portland Safehouse Garage and hop on it, you can see through roof like picture above.

One I couldnt get a picture of was when you ran in to save your game (Portland Safehouse) the garage would open.

Sorry to nitpick, but I want this to be BEST VC Mod alien.gif

LCSurvivor
  • LCSurvivor

X

• Members

Posted 30 August 2006 - 02:16 PM

I too have a bug to report,

The sound of the Shoreside liftbridge can be heard when driving past the laundrette, don't know if this is only my version playing up.

Also, I've heard the vanishing building bug in south Staunton was repaired, but my building still vanishes. Does anyone know a solution?

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 31 August 2006 - 08:04 AM

Sorry, I've been a bit slack with getting these up on the checklist - I'll add them soon blush.gif .

As for the Shoreside audio problem, it sounds as though Craig might have put the wrong create_sound number in for Wong's Laundrette. I haven't tested this, so it could just be your version, but Craig could check that in his SCM and then you'd know for sure wink.gif .

I'm not sure about the vanishing building problem - I too remember it being reported as fixed. I think the fix was in the ordering of the IMG files - I think DFFs get loaded before TXDs (or vice versa - I can't remember exactly). It might still occur for you, but that might be more of a performance issue for your PC. I'm not sure - can someone who knows more about this then me please explain smile.gif . Cheers.

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 31 August 2006 - 10:31 AM

The vanishing building is definitely fixed in the 2.7up setup. As for the laundrette, maybe you did something wrong during the SFX import process. I get the correct sound (washing machine noise).

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Members

Posted 31 August 2006 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ Aug 31 2006, 11:31)
The vanishing building is definitely fixed in the 2.7up setup. As for the laundrette, maybe you did something wrong during the SFX import process. I get the correct sound (washing machine noise).

Does that mean that the IIItoVC asi works for you now?

LCSurvivor
  • LCSurvivor

X

• Members

Posted 31 August 2006 - 03:50 PM Edited by LCSurvivor, 31 August 2006 - 06:49 PM.

(Konstantinos @ Aug 31 2006, 11:31) (How to put dates+names in correctly?)
The vanishing building is definitely fixed in the 2.7up setup.

Well, I've downloaded and installed the 2.7up.rar, but the building still vanishes confused.gif I also don't think it's a performance issue, as the rest of the game works perfectly fine, graphics-wise.

As for the laundrette, maybe you did something wrong during the SFX import process.

On the subject of the laundrette sound, I think that's just probably it, I'm sure it will fix itself when I install LCfinal.
In the mean time, I can live with the 'bug'.

EDIT: But the 2.7up update somehow did cover my audio problem turn.gif smile.gif

Thanks for the help!

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members

Posted 31 August 2006 - 05:49 PM Edited by SteaVor, 31 August 2006 - 05:53 PM.

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ Aug 31 2006, 12:31)
The vanishing building is definitely fixed in the 2.7up setup.

You should use 'definitely' carefully, because that problem is still existent und annoying. It's no 'performance issue' either (at least in my case).

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 31 August 2006 - 07:01 PM

I'm pretty sure (I'm away from my computer so I cannot test it) that it appears fine in my version. And Konstantinos is one of our better bug reporters. So I'm sure he knew which building was the issue. And if he said it works properly in his version now, I would believe him.

You said you installed 2.7up, but are you sure you started with the 2.7 base package?

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members

Posted 31 August 2006 - 08:32 PM Edited by SteaVor, 31 August 2006 - 08:42 PM.

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky - Highlighted by me)
I'm pretty sure (I'm away from my computer so I cannot test it) that it appears fine in my version. And Konstantinos is one of our better bug reporters. So I'm sure he knew which building was the issue. And if he said it works properly in his version now, I would believe him.

You said you installed 2.7up, but are you sure you started with the 2.7 base package?
LC is haunted by user-specific bugs. tounge.gif
It disappeared for me just once. The building vanished while I was doing the taxi fares in Staunton Island. (ironically, I should drop my passenger off right at the AmCo-Building and as soon as I stopped the car in the circle the model (and its COL-data suicidal.gif ) vanished. Its back again after I restarted the PC and I couldn't reproduce it.

Version: Latest (2.7t + 2.7up, SFX-Update)

LCSurvivor
  • LCSurvivor

X

• Members

Posted 01 September 2006 - 01:37 PM

Oh, wow, I can't believe I've forgotten something that stupid confused.gif ...

The building now appears, thanks for the help Craig! But now I have the same bug Konstantinos is having: my game crashes as soon as the pager is supposed to appear... So it's from one problem to another...

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 01 September 2006 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE (SteaVor @ Aug 31 2006, 22:32)
It disappeared for me just once. The building vanished while I was doing the taxi fares in Staunton Island. (ironically, I should drop my passenger off right at the AmCo-Building and as soon as I stopped the car in the circle the model (and its COL-data suicidal.gif ) vanished. Its back again after I restarted the PC and I couldn't reproduce it.

The "Staunton vanishing building" wasn't AMCO. It was the one at the very south of SI, next to the glass monument. You can see screenshots of it in this post.
What you describe is another known bug:

3If you walk over the blue AMCO building, you will fall into the blue death.

This hasn't been fixed yet and occurs randomly.

QUOTE (ModelingMan)

Nope, at least not the pager part. I had to edit my scm, changing all the text_pager opcodes back into text_box to be able to get further in the game.

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Members

Posted 01 September 2006 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ Sep 1 2006, 17:24)
QUOTE (ModelingMan)

Nope, at least not the pager part. I had to edit my scm, changing all the text_pager opcodes back into text_box to be able to get further in the game.

Well here's hoping that the revised ASI I'm coding right now works. Although I have still haven't figured out what is causing the crash in the current ASI.

kiwidesign
  • kiwidesign

GTA:LC kiwi :)

• Members

Posted 01 September 2006 - 08:25 PM

I'm waiting for it hotly colgate.gif

...thanks MMan smile.gif

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Members

Posted 02 September 2006 - 12:31 AM

Quick update. The error is caused by a call to CFont::DrawFonts (which basically draws the current string buffer on the screen), I still have no idea why the crash occurs, but that doesn't matter now since I know how to manually print a string on the screen, so that means I don't have to call CFont::DrawFonts which is good news.

I'll have the new version ready in a day or two so watch this space.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users