BUGS, GLITCHES, and INCOMPLETES

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,280 replies to this topic
Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 27 June 2006 - 01:50 AM

You don't have the latest LC files then. That problem was solved many moons ago.

LCSurvivor
  • LCSurvivor

X

• Members

Posted 27 June 2006 - 04:02 PM

Not really a bug, but something I miss;

In GTAIII and in Vice, the roads used to be 'wet' after rainfall, you could see all sorts of light being reflected on the surface. Why have you taken it out/not yet implemented it? I think it makes a nice detail, and should be added smile.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 27 June 2006 - 10:10 PM

Hmmm, not sure exactly how this would be done confused.gif.

But I'll add it to the list anyhow icon14.gif.

glenster
  • glenster

True

• Members

Posted 27 June 2006 - 10:15 PM

The height of the river bed below the Callahan Bridge is so high it messes up my favorite easy way to get from Portland early: give a PCJ600 a -1 for column H in handling cfg, then have Claude jump off into the water and appear on the other side of the bridge. Now, Claude wrecks and drowns when he lands if he jumps down there. The river could be deeper below the middle of the bridge.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 27 June 2006 - 10:24 PM

The depth of the river has nothing to do with it. As far as I know, your vehicle respawns whenever your z coordinates reach -100. There's nothing in the game that recongnizes the bottom of the river. There's no collision data down there. So if you go through the water, you'll keep going down until you hit -100. Then the game will respawn you at the path closest to where you were.

Does that make any sense?

Wait a second, it's possible that there is collision with the seafloor. If you drive off from normal heights, can you keep driving on the surface? If so, then just drive a PCJ from north Portland over to Staunton. But the seafloor has to be where it is otherwise you see the tunnels through the water.

Jasenko
  • Jasenko

“Resistance is futile”

• Members

Posted 28 June 2006 - 01:44 AM

Remember me? I posted that post about see-through problem.
Craig Kostelecky Posted on Jun 27 2006, 03:50
  You don't have the latest LC files then. That problem was solved many moons ago. 

Well if you check again, you will see that problem I was telling you about. It`s in SSV, that small "water pool" (straight away from hoods phone contact point)

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 28 June 2006 - 02:42 AM

That too is now fixed. But it hasn't been released yet. The next version will not have that bug anymore.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 June 2006 - 05:07 PM

A few things I noticed while playing GTAIII again.
•You get cash for finding hidden packages. Does LC do this?
•I think you get the ped's cash if you run them down in a car.
I also noticed some audio differences. Like when I'm in the redlight district you can here people arguing and this strange noise that sounds like a dragonfly. bored.gif

glenster
  • glenster

True

• Members

Posted 28 June 2006 - 11:35 PM

P.S. to my previous note: the high river bed caused Claude to wreck and fall from his PCJ600 when I tried a few more times. I tried an Ambulance with an H of -1, etc., so he couldn't fall off into the water, but he still drowned--he couldn't drive across.

I tried the gimmick of having him bail from a Banshee as it backs over the ledge in NW Portland, to get him onto the subway tunnel, and it didn't work, either--he drowned. Maybe there's a way to fix that one?

Without using a cheat code, that leaves jumping from the girder to the pipe of the bridge. Sometimes I get that one quickly, but the other ways are easier.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 June 2006 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (GTA_Thomas @ Jun 28 2006, 13:07)
I also noticed some audio differences. Like when I'm in the redlight district you can here people arguing and this strange noise that sounds like a dragonfly. bored.gif

Nevermind it wasn't peds you get money for, it's cars.
If you blow a car up you get like 100 bucks or something.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 June 2006 - 04:19 PM Edited by GTA_Thomas, 29 June 2006 - 04:19 PM.

QUOTE (GTA_Thomas @ Jun 28 2006, 19:42)
QUOTE (GTA_Thomas @ Jun 28 2006, 13:07)

Nevermind it wasn't peds you get money for, it's cars.
If you blow a car up you get like 100 bucks or something.

Okay nevermind the noise I was hearing was the music from the headphones PED. And it's more of a morocca(?).

oops double post, this topic isn't as popular as i thought lol

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 03 July 2006 - 08:39 AM Edited by Ben, 03 July 2006 - 08:47 AM.

OK, I don't see the need for redundancy anymore, and I can't be bothered updating two lists, so the complete list of bugs now appears in the CHECKLIST topic. There is a list of fixed bugs in the first post of this topic, and any general bugs will be listed here too. The checklist topic, the first post of this topic, and the rules topic have all been updated to reflect this change icon14.gif.

Also, I have a theory on how to fix the floating train bug. This bug occurs if you hit the train with a car (in GTA3, the train just barged through the car), although I don't know if it's going to be possible to implement confused.gif. I was thinking that we might be able to use a make_car_heavy opcode for it - this would fix the problem as far as I can tell, but whether or not we can do that is something else. Any thoughts? smile.gif

EDIT - random's post inspired me tounge.gif.

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Members

Posted 03 July 2006 - 01:04 PM

I was able to recreate some of the pager functions of GTAIII, so if I can do that then maybe it'll be possible for the train code also. There is 15 listed functions for the train in GTAIII, hopefully 1 or 2 of them were left in by R* in VC. If you want me to do this just give me the green light and I'll add it to my todo list.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 03 July 2006 - 10:08 PM

Green light given. But only if your feeling that ambitious. I don't want to wear you out over your summer break cool.gif

As good as the scm code is for that, it would be so much better if it was handled internally.

Jasenko
  • Jasenko

“Resistance is futile”

• Members

Posted 04 July 2006 - 01:38 PM

Toyz vans are spawning on 2 wheels, so when you try to enter them they flip over and explode.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 04 July 2006 - 03:31 PM

Open up your default.ide and look for the Toyz line (ID 189) Change it to this:
CODE
189, toyz,      toyz,      car,     PONY,      TOYZ,       van,     ignore,      10,    7,    0,         252,                0.7

The only difference is changeing the 3rd TOYZ entry to PONY.

Note to Ben, make sure you change your default.ide files (that you sometimes send me). This is the way it's supposed to be. In GTA3 there was no handling data for the Toyz van. We could use the Top Fun one and change its name in the ini like the others, but I'll just stick with the way GTA3 did it.

Jasenko
  • Jasenko

“Resistance is futile”

• Members

Posted 04 July 2006 - 05:40 PM

Will v7 release "patch" this problem? If yes, I`m going to wait for v7 rather than fixing ide file...

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 04 July 2006 - 09:52 PM

v7 will be a complete download to update all of the LC files. It'll be at least 80 MB and it could take a long time before it's released.

The ide fix is extremely easy. Just open the file in Notepad and change that one line.

Jasenko
  • Jasenko

“Resistance is futile”

• Members

Posted 04 July 2006 - 10:39 PM

Yes, I know how to edit ide file, but since I`m wainting for v7 anyway it`s pointless to repair v6 errors.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 05 July 2006 - 12:00 AM

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Jul 5 2006, 01:31)
Note to Ben, make sure you change your default.ide files (that you sometimes send me). This is the way it's supposed to be. In GTA3 there was no handling data for the Toyz van. We could use the Top Fun one and change its name in the ini like the others, but I'll just stick with the way GTA3 did it.

Done icon14.gif. The next SFX update I send to you will have that fix, and the vehicles section of the default.ide (linked in the first post of the Vehicles topic) has been fixed too smile.gif. Thanks.

QUOTE (Jasenko @ Jul 5 2006, 08:39)
Yes, I know how to edit ide file, but since I`m wainting for v7 anyway it`s pointless to repair v6 errors.

Not really - v7 may still be a few months off, so it doesn't really hurt to fix errors, especially easy ones like this smile.gif. But it's up to you.

Diamond Joe Quimby
  • Diamond Joe Quimby

Square Civilian

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 06 July 2006 - 02:32 AM

Here's a fix to the glass shopfronts in Staunton near Broadway. At least two of the windows along this street had bad windows since GTAIII.

Window Fix (area5b.txd)

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 12 July 2006 - 11:42 AM

Came upon a bug in v7:
When I try to get a car resprayed, the game crashes.
CODE
Exception at address: 0x00000000
EXE Version:          gta-vc.exe 1.0 US
Last opcode executed: 0001 wait
In thread:            import2  (VARIES)

Registers -----------------------------------------------------
EAX: 0x007E0030 EBX: 0x00000000 ECX: 0x00000028 EDX: 0x00000001
ESI: 0x0078D718 EDI: 0x0000001A EBP: 0x00000000 ESP: 0x0012FD8C
EFLAGS: 10000001000000010

FULL DUMP

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members

Posted 12 July 2006 - 12:04 PM

I got the same error, Konstantinos. A file seems to be corrupted/missing.(possibly a sound, because the game quits right before text and sound show that respraying was successful)

Further info: I installed craigs "latest files" and afterwards the sfx update. Did you also install the SFX update, Konstantinos?

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 12 July 2006 - 03:37 PM Edited by Konstantinos, 12 July 2006 - 04:33 PM.

I got the sfx, but I don't think that's the problem. My guess is that it's some incompatibility between the exe and IIItoVC_VC6.asi - when I deleted it, respraying worked. But that's not a solution - the file is needed for the pager functionality and game will crash without it.

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Members

Posted 12 July 2006 - 05:05 PM Edited by ModelingMan, 12 July 2006 - 05:45 PM.

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ Jul 12 2006, 16:37)
I got the sfx, but I don't think that's the problem. My guess is that it's some incompatibility between the exe and IIItoVC_VC6.asi - when I deleted it, respraying worked. But that's not a solution - the file is needed for the pager functionality and game will crash without it.

You are right about it being a problem with the IIItoVC ASI. Craig has included the wrong version in the latest files. The most recent version is compatible with all versions of VC but unfortunately the crash still occurs. Thanks for bringing it to our attention, I'll have a fix for it soon...

EDIT: It appears there is something wrong with my audio hack. So please use this version of IIItoVC until the problem is resolved. (Don't forget to delete IIItoVC_VC6.asi)

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 12 July 2006 - 09:12 PM Edited by Konstantinos, 11 September 2006 - 09:43 AM.

ok, now that my game's working, I have two more bugs:

- How the hell am I supposed to get up there? smile.gif
Happens in both "The Crook" and "Dead Skunk...". The cars get crushed normally.

- During the Firefighter mission (in Portland), one of the burning cars was a Hotring Racer!

EDIT:

Another strange thing: the Taxi seems to have two variants of the roof sign as model extras. The GTA3 front black&white sign, and the VC sideways yellow&black sign. Why is that??

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 13 July 2006 - 04:59 AM Edited by Ben, 13 July 2006 - 08:37 AM.

The Hotring Racer bug would probably be a result of me shifting the vehicle slots around. The game must still read it for some reason confused.gif. Probably the only fix for that will be to blank that car out of the game.

The only other reason would be if Craig didn't recompile the scm with the most up-to-date default.ide file in place, although I'd doubt that smile.gif.

EDIT - Actually, this might be able to be fixed through the scm somehow, although I don't really have any idea tounge.gif!

Anyway, I've added these issues to the checklist (except for MM's audio hack error - no point if a fix is on the way wink.gif) and I've updated it. Let me know if there's any other things that need to be crossed off and I'll see to it - this should make testing a bit easier icon14.gif. Well, more straight-forward anyhow smile.gif.

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 13 July 2006 - 01:56 PM Edited by Konstantinos, 13 July 2006 - 10:14 PM.

yeah, I wasn't following the process of "shifting vehicle slots around", as I was on a break from LC.

It's really easy to fix. But it raises an alarming question: in how many more places does the SCM refer to wrong vehicle IDs?? sad.gif

Dylan2112
  • Dylan2112

I'm quite aware; my screen name SUCKS...

• Members

Posted 13 July 2006 - 11:08 PM

i have a bug and an incompletion

1.bug. when you come out of the staunton island safehouse you will find cars stoping for the red light way to early.
user posted image

2.incompletion. at the end of the Callahan bridge you can find an area by the bridge that isnt finished.
user posted image
you can fall right through it
user posted image

please tell me if any of those two have been discovered.

P.S. i was useing a vc trainer when i found these and took the screenshots. when i went back the problems were still there.

lord fido
  • lord fido

Retired gangbanger

• Members

Posted 13 July 2006 - 11:29 PM

If you step over the AMco building you fall thru blue hell.

When you f*ck the white, blond prostitutes the cars flip. ( biggrin.gif )

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users