BUGS, GLITCHES, and INCOMPLETES

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,280 replies to this topic
Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 12 March 2006 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE (bloodyskies @ Mar 12 2006, 19:51)
Lord Perez - not all of the cutscene audio is included in the mod (because that would make the download enormous), try copying all of the audio files from your gta3\audio folder to gtalc\audioLC

There's an option to copy GTA3 audio during installation. You'll need your GTA3 Play CD - just follow the installer's instructions.

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 12 March 2006 - 07:05 PM

I think he said he didn't have GTA3. There used to be a separate audio download, which was ace but it was stopped sad.gif .

Lord_Peres
  • Lord_Peres

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 March 2006 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (Y_Less @ Mar 12 2006, 19:05)
I think he said he didn't have GTA3. There used to be a separate audio download, which was ace but it was stopped sad.gif .

Yeah, I only have it for Playstation... confused.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 12 March 2006 - 09:24 PM

The PlayStation audio can be converted. After all I did it with one of the Asuka missions as they changed the audio between the PS2 and PC version and I wanted to restore the original. I don't remember which program I used, but it can be done. A quick google search for PS2 audio converter might help you out.

Lord_Peres
  • Lord_Peres

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 March 2006 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Mar 12 2006, 21:24)
The PlayStation audio can be converted. After all I did it with one of the Asuka missions as they changed the audio between the PS2 and PC version and I wanted to restore the original. I don't remember which program I used, but it can be done. A quick google search for PS2 audio converter might help you out.

Thank you, maybe I'll give a look on this wink.gif Well, I think I leave this forum until I have another problem lol.gif

Congratulations to everybody that has participated in the creation of this mod. I'd like to thank you all when I finnish my stunts vid in LC smile.gif

LCSurvivor
  • LCSurvivor

X

• Members

Posted 13 March 2006 - 12:02 AM

When playing the firefighter missions in Portland I spotted something strange: I had to put out a cheetah, so it's possible to get a cheetah in the beginning of the game.

Just thought to let you know.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 13 March 2006 - 12:36 AM

I won't add this to the list just yet because there might be a reason for it, and it might not even be able to be fixed.

I guess then that might exist with the Infernus, and whatever other cars are available only after Staunton is unlocked. But you can get the Cheetah twice whilst only being on Portland - once during Turismo if you cheat to get a tank (you can do it later without cheating if you steal a tank), and once during Chaperone (there's one parked at the docks at Atlantic Quays).

On another note, just out of curiosity, are the Sentinels used by the Cartel Death Squads in Bait Dent Proof if you steal them, because they're supposed to be?

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 March 2006 - 02:14 AM

QUOTE (Lord_Peres @ Mar 12 2006, 17:49)

Thank you, maybe I'll give a look on this wink.gif Well, I think I leave this forum until I have another problem lol.gif

Congratulations to everybody that has participated in the creation of this mod. I'd like to thank you all when I finnish my stunts vid in LC smile.gif

Well if you only want LC for stunts than I suggest downloading v1 instead. no missions, a few cars converted and the replay feature works. Replay does not work in the newer versions, you probably will figure that out sooner or later.

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 13 March 2006 - 09:57 AM

QUOTE (LCSurvivor @ Mar 13 2006, 01:02)
When playing the firefighter missions in Portland I spotted something strange: I had to put out a cheetah, so it's possible to get a cheetah in the beginning of the game.

That's not a bug. Firefighter and Vigilante are a way to obtain cars that don't normally appear in Portland - including the elusive Mr Whoopee.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 14 March 2006 - 06:50 AM

Cheers Kon - I thought that might be the case.

Anyone got some time to spare to test if the sentinels from Bait are dent proof once you steal them and put them in your garage? Or perhaps Craig could tell me for sure whenever he's next on?

That's supposed to be the case, so if it's not what happens in LC, I'll add it to the list icon14.gif .

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 March 2006 - 05:24 AM

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ Mar 13 2006, 05:57)
QUOTE (LCSurvivor @ Mar 13 2006, 01:02)

That's not a bug. Firefighter and Vigilante are a way to obtain cars that don't normally appear in Portland - including the elusive Mr Whoopee.

on an off topic note: If that is correct than in theorie, you can obtain certain cars from the west island of VC while only the east island is unlocked, let's say the sucuricar.
@ben- I am guessing 'Bait' is a mission, and if it is than sorry bud, I don't have the paitence to go back through the game. Oh wait, DEBUG... wow.gif

Lord_Peres
  • Lord_Peres

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 March 2006 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE (GTA_Thomas @ Mar 13 2006, 02:14)
QUOTE (Lord_Peres @ Mar 12 2006, 17:49)

Well if you only want LC for stunts than I suggest downloading v1 instead. no missions, a few cars converted and the replay feature works. Replay does not work in the newer versions, you probably will figure that out sooner or later.

In my case it works perfectly, the only thing that doesn't work are some useful mods for stunting like the teleport or the water respawn, but it doesn't matter... Otherwise maybe I'll download the first version because people who has that one can't see my reps with the last version so... confused.gif

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 March 2006 - 12:53 AM

I know you, you are in the new ATS vid icon14.gif
But yeah, nobody on the team knows what happend to the replay feature. A line must have accidentaly got deleted when the missions were being made confused.gif
All mods work that aren't map or SCM changes, and i'm guessing the teleport and water respawn changes the scm. LithJoe's trainer works with LC, or WIAT! there is modelingman's built in trainer... it has teleport and vehicle spawn things, check the official thread. Although i'm still confused as to whether or not it's released yet. bored.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 16 March 2006 - 07:53 AM

It hasn't been released yet AFAIK. But check the thread later as I asked how the progress is going wink.gif .

Y_Less was looking into exactly why the replay feature didn't work, but I don't think he got very far before his computer died nervous.gif cryani.gif .

Lord_Peres
  • Lord_Peres

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 March 2006 - 08:08 AM

QUOTE (GTA_Thomas @ Mar 16 2006, 00:53)
I know you, you are in the new ATS vid icon14.gif
But yeah, nobody on the team knows what happend to the replay feature. A line must have accidentaly got deleted when the missions were being made confused.gif
All mods work that aren't map or SCM changes, and i'm guessing the teleport and water respawn changes the scm. LithJoe's trainer works with LC, or WIAT! there is modelingman's built in trainer... it has teleport and vehicle spawn things, check the official thread. Although i'm still confused as to whether or not it's released yet. bored.gif

OK, thank you, I'll give it a look wink.gif And yeah, now I'm in ATS, so I have to make cool stunts for the new vid and making it in LC would be nice smile.gif

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 16 March 2006 - 06:30 PM Edited by Y_Less, 16 March 2006 - 06:38 PM.

QUOTE (benisablink182fan @ Mar 16 2006, 07:53)
It hasn't been released yet AFAIK.  But check the thread later as I asked how the progress is going wink.gif .

Y_Less was looking into exactly why the replay feature didn't work, but I don't think he got very far before his computer died nervous.gif cryani.gif .

Nope, definately not been released.

And unfortunately I didn't get very far before and it's very difficult to do it without Vice City so I can't do it atm as I don't have it (although my Mum should have sent me it days ago so when I check my post in half an hour the situation may be very different, woo).

Edit: OK, the office opens earlier that I thought, so I have it now, woo.

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 20 March 2006 - 10:07 PM Edited by Konstantinos, 20 March 2006 - 10:19 PM.

V6 Test3 bug report Part III (Shoreside vale)
Note: I played with the mission script that comes with Test3, not any Craig might have released since then.

1. Bug list update:

Grand Theft Aero crashes upon attempting to return to Staunton
- FIXED

Pogo The Monkey music (from Kaufman cabs in VC) plays in a Wichita Gardens parking lot where a Toyz van is located
- FIXED

SSV IE Garage Bug
- FIXED

Good citizen bug awarded for hitting random cars with a baseball bat (eg - Ambulance and Bobcat)
- probably FIXED (bashed only about a hundred Ambulances and Bobcats turn.gif )

All stoppies are 0 feet – check wheelies and two wheels as well
- True for wheelies and two wheels as well.

2. New Bugs

Game crashed when I deliver the last vehicle to the EV crane (a Rhino... probably irrelevant).CRASH LOG

SSV Garage bug: Actually, this is an old bug, but it isn't on the list. LINK TO POST (images are no longer there)

Parked police car at the Airport - is that normal? SCREENSHOT

3. Other

In Silence The Sneak, the mission passed segment does not appear, even though you have completed the mission properly (that is, killed the guy)
- I've seen it on 'Love's disappearance' and possibly other missions, too. Should probably be generalised.

Ambulance bug (look left and there's a building falling)
- Not sure what this is supposed to mean, but I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary.

"On another note, just out of curiosity, are the Sentinels used by the Cartel Death Squads in Bait Dent Proof if you steal them, because they're supposed to be?" (asked by ben)
- No.

Not sure if this qualifies as a bug, but it's an interesting thing... An easy way to complete The Exchange, without firing a single shot. After the "Follow the chopper" cutscene, take a heli and land it next to Catalina's Maverick on the dam building. Get in the Maverick (it's unlocked and there's no one inside), land it on the raised border of the roof, get out and push it over to the reservoir. That's the only way to destroy it, as it's impervious to damage. As soon as it's swimming, mission timer will disappear and Maria will appear on the roof. Go to her - Mission passed. Shouldn't the Maverick be locked to prevent this?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right, I guess that's all. I haven't done vehicle missions or other odd jobs, but I believe they are bug-free. I'm officially taking a break from LC, as this must've been the third time I completed the game suicidal.gif !

ThunderPower
  • ThunderPower

Hasn't Played GTA in 3 Years

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2006 - 11:00 PM Edited by ThunderPower, 20 March 2006 - 11:17 PM.

Parked police car at the Airport - is that normal? SCREENSHOT
This should be parked there, as a police car is parked there in GTA3.

Not sure if this qualifies as a bug, but it's an interesting thing... An easy way to complete The Exchange, without firing a single shot. After the "Follow the chopper" cutscene, take a heli and land it next to Catalina's Maverick on the dam building. Get in the Maverick (it's unlocked and there's no one inside), land it on the raised border of the roof, get out and push it over to the reservoir. That's the only way to destroy it, as it's impervious to damage. As soon as it's swimming, mission timer will disappear and Maria will appear on the roof. Go to her - Mission passed. Shouldn't the Maverick be locked to prevent this?
Maybe it's unlocked so Catalina can get inside?

Dylan2112
  • Dylan2112

I'm quite aware; my screen name SUCKS...

• Members

Posted 21 March 2006 - 03:49 AM

Is there a way to install GTA: liberty City on an edited version of gta vc.
if not, where can I get a copy of gta vc un edited.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 21 March 2006 - 05:08 AM

You can buy it. And then you can read the forum rules before posting next time.

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 21 March 2006 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE (ThunderPower @ Mar 21 2006, 00:00)

The chopper should be locked until the cutscene where Catalina gets in ("Get this thing airborne!"), and then replaced by an unlocked version. This would prevent the player from jacking it and yet allow C. to enter.

ThunderPower
  • ThunderPower

Hasn't Played GTA in 3 Years

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2006 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ Mar 21 2006, 12:33)
QUOTE (ThunderPower @ Mar 21 2006, 00:00)

The chopper should be locked until the cutscene where Catalina gets in ("Get this thing airborne!"), and then replaced by an unlocked version. This would prevent the player from jacking it and yet allow C. to enter.

I'm no modder. I wouldn't know how to help you. I did see two "MAVERICK" when I looked in the main.scm.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 21 March 2006 - 03:58 PM

It's a simple matter of adding a set_door_status opcode to that part of the mission. In GTA3 you never had to worry about that (because they used a custom helicopter and you could not get there without triggering the rest of the mission) but it is something that I'll have to add to the next code update. Thanks for pointing that out.

Steve...
  • Steve...

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 March 2006 - 05:47 PM

Umm, there's way too many bugs to read through to see if mine is there, but, my game is laggy-as-f*ck. Seriously. When I run the game by the disc, it's really lagging, and when I run the game without disc*, it lags also. When I say lag, I mean, really-pissing-off-laggy.

*I have a program called MagicISO maker, so I made an .ISO out of the disc, and used Daemon Tools to mount the image.

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2006 - 05:54 PM Edited by SteaVor, 29 October 2007 - 05:28 PM.

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ Mar 20 2006, 23:07)
Note: I played with the mission script that comes with Test3, not any Craig might have released since then.
[...]
Game crashed when I deliver the last vehicle to the EV crane (a Rhino... probably irrelevant)

I am not entirely sure, but the latest code update should fix at least this particular problem:
QUOTE (Your crash log)
00015714: create_forsale_property_pickup          1236.1830, -701.3201, 18.1400, 0, "FBICAR", 13

QUOTE (Latest SCM Update)
0518: 13@ = create_available_asset_pickup "FBIRANC" at 1236.183 -701.3201 18.14 price 0

So it shouldn't be an issue anymore if you use the latest files.

-----------------------

EXE issues:
- Claude's fighting animations need to be converted
- Animations with weapons need tweaking, especially with AK-47 (which replaces MP-5)
- Lip-sync animation needs to be added to the cutscenes (should be an automated process).
- f*cku animation needs to be converted - see this post for a potential solution.
- Replay doesn't work all the time, and never saves.
- incorrect stats values - see this post and this package.
- Different wanted level systems
- Cheat codes need to be altered.
- Cars missing from the opening cinematic (JB cutscene) - potential solution.
- Handling Conversion
- Banshee, so it's SFX ID will have to be reconfigured in the EXE
- Some of the gang roaming areas are out
- Weapons differ from GTA3 to LC (especially in number of slots)
- Comprehensive GXT support
- ZON errors
- Camera positioning needs a slight adjustment
- In GTA3, criminal PEDs steal money from other PEDs
- If you turn the sound on and leave the Mr.Whoopee, the sound stops
- GTA3 has a retro top-down camera mode
- In GTA3, player skin is saved.
- There's some issues with the way the EXE handles/plays some of the SFX WAVs
- Opcode emulation issues
- An EXE hack is required to display the text used for the Securicar reward correctly
- There are 3 rampages where only headshots are supposed to count
- Particle Emulation Issue: After completing Grand Theft Aero, black smoke lingers
- PEI: the Chaperone warehouse should have smoke in the door
- PEI: In the mission “Bomb Da Base Act II”, the explosion particles are different from GTA3
- The amount of money you receive for delivering a car to the crusher is incorrect
- 'Danger! Keep Out' texture on the building south of fire station in Portland is not displayed correctly
- Most of the particles are not rendered correctly (eg. fire hydrant fountain)
- Several EXE hacks need to be implemented to make the SFX work completely
- An EXE hack is required to make the audio play for the train
- More trains need to run on the tracks
- The Italian flags around Toni's restaurant don't move
- when you damage/blow up a car, you should earn a certain amount of money
- The traffic lights in LC don't display the WALK or DON'T WALK text.
- If you get wasted on the east side of Staunton, you'll recover in Portland Hospital
- You can only get 2 wanted stars in Portland

Non-EXE issues:
- Multiple PEDs still to be converted
- Cutscene actors need to be done
- The army.txd file is corrupt
- cutscene actors having buggy heads/necks
- problems with the placement of some actors in some cutscenes
- Claude pauses slightly in mission Luigi's girls when you first arrive at the club and get out of the Kuruma
- Sayonara Salvatore
- weapon icons
- convertibles need to have their windows removed
- transparent windows
- missing textures
- COLs missing
- L Train Glitch

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 21 March 2006 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (Steve... @ Mar 21 2006, 17:47)
Umm, there's way too many bugs to read through to see if mine is there, but, my game is laggy-as-f*ck. Seriously. When I run the game by the disc, it's really lagging, and when I run the game without disc*, it lags also. When I say lag, I mean, really-pissing-off-laggy.

*I have a program called MagicISO maker, so I made an .ISO out of the disc, and used Daemon Tools to mount the image.

Hmm, I've never had a problem and never really heard of anyone have too much trouble with running it, what specs are your computer and what else do you have running at the same time which may interfere?

Also, if you can't be bothered to read through the help we've already tried to give by listing the bugs and answering FAQs, why should we bother to help you?

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:22 PM

It more than likely runs laggy because GTAIII's city had alot of Polygons and faces compared to LC. Try playing GTA3, a ton more laggy than San Andreas for me! wow.gif
But please share your system specs, maybe we have so sugestions.
Mine are:
Intel P4 3.1 GHz
256 MB Gfx card.
512MB Ram
And I keep my settings as high as possible for taking screens and low as possible for GamePlay.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE (SteaVor @ Mar 21 2006, 11:54)
QUOTE (Konstantinos @ Mar 20 2006, 23:07)
[...]
Game crashed when I deliver the last vehicle to the EV crane (a Rhino... probably irrelevant)

I am not entirely sure, but the latest code update should fix at least this particular problem:
QUOTE (Your crash log)
00015714: create_forsale_property_pickup          1236.1830, -701.3201, 18.1400, 0, "FBICAR", 13

QUOTE (Latest SCM Update)
0518: 13@ = create_available_asset_pickup "FBIRANC" at 1236.183 -701.3201 18.14 price 0

So it shouldn't be an issue anymore if you use the latest files.

With the latest files, that line should be FBICAR, not FBIRANC.

LCSurvivor
  • LCSurvivor

X

• Members

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:52 PM

I think I got some bugs:

Firstly, if you get wasted on the east side of Staunton, you'll recover in Portland Hospital, don't know if this also happens when you get busted

Secondly, if you save in any of the safehouses, your health doesn't get topped up. I always thought your health got maxed out after saving?

Dylan2112
  • Dylan2112

I'm quite aware; my screen name SUCKS...

• Members

Posted 21 March 2006 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE (benisablink182fan @ Mar 21 2006, 05:08)
You can buy it. And then you can read the forum rules before posting next time.

where canI buy it because I don't want to go geting one that is the same thing as the one I got.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users