BUGS, GLITCHES, and INCOMPLETES

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,280 replies to this topic
Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 16 January 2006 - 04:35 AM

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Jan 16 2006, 13:33)
In my opinion, the credits really don't need changing. A lot of the GTA3 team worked on Vice City as well. And those that were added for the production of Vice City did have at least some input into GTA: Liberty City's design.

It's not important to me, but if someone wants to take the effort to do it, I'm not against it either.

Ok, so I've fixed up the cast bit (credits 111 through to 134 for those interested). Super easy, but boring, repetitive and ultimately mind-numbing tounge.gif . Nah, it's not that bad - I'll look into it more tomorrow because I'm happy to do it, at least fixing up the obvious things like the cast, etc. The more work I do on it, the more chance I'll get to look into the production side of it - perhaps I can just add the names from the GTA3 credits left out of the VC ones in the relevant places - it is a combined mod after all.

Craig - when I'm done, I'll just email my edited american.gxt file to you, and if I have any problems, I'll ask you about it since you're well qualified in that area. Tomorrow I'll also have a chance to check it out in-game as well.

ibreathdrpepper
  • ibreathdrpepper

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 January 2006 - 04:47 AM

the game starts the when i start a new game it loads a little and crashes

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 16 January 2006 - 10:20 AM

QUOTE (ibreathdrpepper @ Jan 16 2006, 04:47)
the game starts the when i start a new game it loads a little and crashes

Any details would help.

Which version are you running? Whats the output from the debug box that comes up when it crashes? Are there any mods etc? We can't help you unless you tell us as much as possible.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 17 January 2006 - 05:01 AM

Ok, the credits are done and I've sent them to Craig. They'll be included in the next update...

On another note, since testing the credits out required completion of The Exchange, I noticed a few things about it that might need to be addressed.
  1. The mission is activated before you reach the marker - near the edge of the driveway (where it meets the footpath). It needs to be moved back to the marker only, since it is in the correct position.
  2. After you've completed it, and you are spawned back at your hideout, your health is reset back to 100 (I was playing in debug mode) - what's the go?

Also, for those of you interested, I discovered the quickest way to complete The Exchange. Start the mission, blah blah blah, and drive to the entrance of the dam, but out of sight/range of the two cartel dudes guarding it. Get out of your car and move away from it and any other cars. Use the BIGBANG cheat - it destroys all the cartel cars, as well as Catalina's helicopter! Now just go to Maria and you're done - time to sit and watch those boring credits with that "doof doof" techno music which cuts in about halfway - yes, I have watched those credits in their entire-ity at least 10 times in the past 5 hours suicidal.gif !

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 January 2006 - 05:29 AM Edited by benisablink182fan, 19 January 2006 - 07:27 AM.

hahahahahah thats a REALLLLLY easy way to do that mission. ALOT simpiler than demarests idea, being good. nah, im sure ur the best player in the world.

*cough* *cough*

EDIT by Ben - Nah, I'm just a good cheater tounge.gif .

But I'm probably not as good as Darth Slurpee - cheater extraordinnaire biggrin.gif !

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 January 2006 - 07:21 PM

I found something that must must must be fixed. i could have posted this in the 2dfix topic but i havent heard anything out of choofy in a while. but the seacave near portland wont work anymore. you can go inside but its filled with water and the walls are invisable from the inside, if you dont know what the seacave is then look at this topic:HIDING PLACES
if anyone can fix this it would be GREAT! credits to demarests friend for finding the cave.
forget it ill just quote him.

Know what I love? I LOVE when somebody contests my knowledge of GTA3. I didn't even say I THINK there's one. I said there's one. While the community mocks you for your retardery, maybe they'll thank you for providing me with the motivation it takes to make the following. My apologies for the crappy pics. I recently reinstalled windows and didn't realize until after I made these the compression setting on my JPG wasn't optimum confused.gif
user posted imageuser posted image
There's also a rock formation just east of Salvatore's. If you get on it and stand correctly in the NE corner, you can look into a SECOND cave. But it's too water filled to go into. However, the one in the pics is perfectly viable for forever surviving a 6-star wanted level.

You were saying?

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 22 January 2006 - 09:47 PM

Nice find thomas ! icon14.gif
I didn't even know the cave existed. I'm anxious to explore it once this gets fixed, since I don't have GTAuser posted image

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 January 2006 - 11:59 PM

i found that yesterday and thought "hmm.. i bet you can get there in LC" but no. the water level goes inside the game and the walls are invisable. but it really was demarests friend who found it. and it was demarest who took the pics.

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 23 January 2006 - 12:41 PM

I didn't mean that you've found the cave, just the bug. Nevertheless - nice find biggrin.gif
All those invisible walls are an annoyance in v6, let's hope all the fixes will be done soon and added to update.

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 14 February 2006 - 02:06 PM Edited by Konstantinos, 14 February 2006 - 02:10 PM.

BUMP! Either the testers got lazy, or LC is nearing perfection.

The only previously unreported thing I found is this tiny texture glitch. It's present in all versions of v6, and possibly v5 too, I can't tell.
user posted image
Looks like a "Don't enter this door or you'll be sliced in half" sign smile.gif Can be seen in various places, like the pagoda-style fish factory in Chinatown.

Also, as with the rest of the map, the sea cave had been fixed in v6 test3. Well done Choof icon14.gif !
user posted image
Say hello to Spanky the Spanked-up madman. SPANK! SPANK SPANK! SPANK!

_-playero-_
  • _-playero-_

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 February 2006 - 06:58 PM

I'm having problems with CamHack V3.0c

I used to play with it, but now it randomly crashes. The worst thing is that it completely locks my PC to the point where I have to manually restart it. It's pretty annoying since I like to play with the 1st person cam.

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 14 February 2006 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE (_-playero-_ @ Feb 14 2006, 18:58)

I used to play with it, but now it randomly crashes. The worst thing is that it completely locks my PC to the point where I have to manually restart it. It's pretty annoying since I like to play with the 1st person cam.

Which version are you using? If it is v6x then we can't help you as it is not in support yet, and ALOT has been changed under the hood in v6 so the chances are if it doesn't work now it won't work.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 February 2006 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ Feb 14 2006, 10:06)
The only previously unreported thing I found is this tiny texture glitch. It's present in all versions of v6, and possibly v5 too, I can't tell.
user posted image
Looks like a "Don't enter this door or you'll be sliced in half" sign  smile.gif Can be seen in various places, like the pagoda-style fish factory in Chinatown.

... Check GTA3. It's already like that. ...

_-playero-_
  • _-playero-_

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 February 2006 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE (Y_Less @ Feb 14 2006, 14:07)
QUOTE (_-playero-_ @ Feb 14 2006, 18:58)

Which version are you using? If it is v6x then we can't help you as it is not in support yet, and ALOT has been changed under the hood in v6 so the chances are if it doesn't work now it won't work.

I think its v5, since I downloaded it a while ago.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 15 February 2006 - 12:59 AM

Can I just have something clarified please? I was reading some older posts a week or two ago, in which Craig stated that we might as well fix GTA3 bugs rather than leave them in LC. However, recently, it seems that no-one wants to even consider fixing GTA3 related bugs - the see-through-back-of-the-police-car as posted somewhere in the Unofficial Mods topic (meant to be here, but there by mistake) is a prime example of something that we have been told doesn't need to be fixed.

I know it's extra work, and I personally won't be contributing to it (because I don't have the skills), but I really think it should be done. Obviously, the final decision is Craig's, but that's just my opinion - if you've found it, and it can be fixed, then fix it. icon14.gif

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 15 February 2006 - 01:42 PM

True - what reason could you possibly have for keeping GTA3 bugs ingame? Nostalgia, perhaps ? tounge.gif
Especially when it's as easy to fix as this...
user posted image
@ben: You mean this post? Actually, that does belong to the Unofficial mods thread, since it's from GTA3 Beta Police Vehicle . The regular police car doesn't have it. So this really doesn't need to be fixed, unless Monitor57 wants to do it. But all the bugs in the official release should be fixed.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 16 February 2006 - 07:27 AM

Hahahaha biggrin.gif ! I think we owe it to ourselves to make LC as good as possible - we aren't making an exact port of GTA3, so there is no reason why we can't correct Rockstar's mistakes tounge.gif !

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. This post from GT-1 (17 below the link Kon gave) is exactly what I was talking about with bugs not being fixed. But, seeing as it's from the Beta Police Vehicle (which I only noticed when you pointed it out), that's a case where it doesn't need to be fixed, since it's unofficial. Judging from the original report from scalliano though, I'm assuming he didn't notice either wink.gif .

fareed
  • fareed

FaF

• Members

Posted 20 February 2006 - 05:48 AM Edited by benisablink182fan, 21 February 2006 - 02:55 AM.

during the mission cutting the grass when i reach near the luigis club and curly gets in the taxi the taxi doesnt
moves and although the spookey metre is empty but still it says you have been spooked by curly and mission fails. : confused.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 20 February 2006 - 06:17 AM

What version are you using?

I think that's an scm glitch - try downloading the latest one from here . If you're using v5b, use the one in the v5 folder (for info on the difference between main.scm and debug.scm, check out the first post of the FAQ topic), but if you're using v6test, then use the ones that are not in the v5 folder wink.gif .

Good luck - I hope that fixes your problems.

If it doesn't, there is a workaround I think - try getting in the taxi and drive-by'ing the driver, then drive Curly to the docks (I don't think it affects your spookometer). Anyway, it should fix your problem, so you probably won't have to worry about this.

I'm going through this entire topic to create a complete list of bugs soon, whether or not they have been fixed, and where to get the fixes, so you won't have to look too far in future icon14.gif .

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 20 February 2006 - 07:32 AM

hahahaha good luck with that ben! tounge.gif
I fixed my email, too late but yay!
ontopic: Try the mission again, other GTAs have problems similar to this too. Ive done that mission personally with the newest scm and runs fine, didnt finnish, i suck at lc. Is the cab driver BP in that mission ben? if not then snipe him and hop a ride with curly. after i typed that it is the exact same thing you said ben. notify.gif
umm... try the scm. i hate it when you beat me to topics ben, i want to help too! biggrin.gif

fareed
  • fareed

FaF

• Members

Posted 20 February 2006 - 03:25 PM Edited by benisablink182fan, 21 February 2006 - 02:57 AM.

WHENEVER I AM RUNNING MY GTA LC THAN AFTER I HAD PLAYED FOR 10-15 MINUTES THE GAME IS INTERRUPTED BY A BUG AND EVERYTIME THE THREAD IS DIFFERENT confused.gif

EDIT by Ben - Removed the first post quote from this post and the one three up.

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 20 February 2006 - 04:15 PM

Uhh... any particular reason for quoting the bug list in your every post ?? notify.gif
Did you use the updated scm AND start a new game? Because any previous saves you might have will not work.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 February 2006 - 02:32 AM

I would quote the whole list of rules but I can't be arsed to do so. But I will tell you this: DO NOT quote long posts, and DO NOT post in a capitals. Also, this mod is beta so expect crashes every so often. And posting the error threads would be a good start for us to help you. sigh.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 21 February 2006 - 09:41 AM Edited by benisablink182fan, 23 February 2006 - 10:45 AM.

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Mar 21 2005, 15:36)
Bugs, Glitches, and Incompletes

As this mod is released to the public before it's finished there are often a lot of bugs in it.  Here is the place where you can tell us what we need to fix before the final version is released.

Before you post a new bug, please ensure that you have the latest version of GTA:LC - that is, v6test.  Also, please read through this post - it is a list of all of the bugs that we know about, but haven't been able to fix yet.  Please do not report on these as we already know about them.  If you have the solution to any of these problems, then by all means feel free to help us out.

When reporting a bug, please try to be as specific as possible because it makes it easier for the team to recreate it if we know exactly what you did.  If you received a debug output, please post the first seven lines (up to and including the numbers after the "EFLAGS" heading).  Any information in a debug output is saved to gta-lc-scm.log in your main LC folder.

Any bugs with unofficial mods should be posted in the Unofficial Mods topic or PM'ed to the author.

Mission Bugs
Bug
Mission marker for The Exchange is positioned wrong
When you complete "Luigi's Girls" Misty walks the wrong way during the mission passed segment sometimes
There's a missing armour pickup in Arm's Shortage mission – IMAGE
Arms Shortage - it's like an Uzi spawns at the same place as shotgun and shotgun does the same with rocket launcher – after the mission is over, it fixes itself (only in debug mode)
Claude pauses slightly in mission Luigi's girls when you first arrive at the club and get out of the Kurama
The blue mission marker sometimes hangs in mid-air, and only sticks to the ground when you come close to it
Cutscene actors – almost always get stuck running into a vehicle trying to enter/exit it to go somewhere (will normally figure it out eventually).  (eg – Catalina being unable to get into her chopper)
You can complete Sayonara Salvatore very easily by shooting a flamethrower through the front wall of Luigi's – you will fry the Don and his boys on the other side
Taking Out The Laundry is very buggy – the markers sometimes stay long after the vans are dead and the bomb marker stays after the mission
Dead Skunk in the Trunk - can't complete because crushing car brings up car destroyed mission failed message (may also exist with Marty Chonks missions)
After completing The Exchange, your health is reset back to 100 (in debug mode from 250)
The Mafia guys in 'Sayonara Salvatore' do not walk out to the street
When the guys arrive during the mission 'Uzi Rider', Claude turns away and quickly turns toward them again
During the mission Cutting The Grass, if you kill the taxi driver before Curly comes out, the game crashes
Grand Theft Aero crashes upon attempting to return to Staunton
Sometimes when saving right after 'A Drop In The Ocean', you can’t load from that save
Marked Man mission icon coordinates wrong – IMAGE
In The Getaway, and some of Salvatore's missions (Chaperone, etc.), marker to drive into doesn't appear on screen - it's on the radar though
S instead of T icon for Toni's missions after you get missions from Salvatore
After you complete Waka Gashira Wipeout, Kenji's missions are still available

General Bugs
Bug
Floating Train – LINK TO POST
Many weapons icons are wrong - the VC ones that are to be included in v6 need to be changed back to yellow, or new icons made
The Wanted level system works differently in VC compared to GTA3
The Stats are incomplete – they need to be changed to make them relevant to LC
If you get on a boat in Staunton, you can go around the back of the mountains and get to SSV early – if you go from SSV, you sometimes fall into the blue death (collision data needs to be added to the base of all the mountains, but only high enough so that you can’t get a boat through)
The cheat codes are all messed up at the moment - the change skin cheats will cause a crash, and the weapons cheats will give you a mixture of GTA3 and VC weapons
The fire from the flamethrower is still yellow - it was more orange in GTA3 (like with the LC molotovs)
The army is still incomplete - corrupt txd
The Francis International Airport model apterminalfront.dff doesn’t load in-game, it stays as the LOD model
Pogo The Monkey music (from Kaufman cabs in VC) plays in a Wichita Gardens parking lot where a Toyz van is located
All stoppies are 0 feet – check wheelies and two wheels as well
SSV IE Garage Bug – LINK TO POST
AM parking lot model bug – IMAGE
Some of the collision data for buildings is incomplete
Building Shadows bug (Belleville Park) – IMAGE
Ambulance bug (look left and there's a building falling)
Not all drivers are aggressive as per GTA3 - can this be changed?
Dodocopter – IMAGE
The pager hasn't been converted
Prostitutes in the middle of the day - should only be there at night (not sure of exact time)
Staunton Lift Bridge alarm doesn’t work
Cars are missing from the opening cinematic/cutscene
You cannot turn the Securicar in at the port for cash, the doors will not open for it
The subway path (or model) needs updating
Either the path or the model of the 747s need changing as they sink into the ground
Many peds are either unfinished conversions or temp actors from VC
The "Insane Stunt Bonus" message sometimes pops up when rolling upside down or falling off a bike
The Yardie Lobo has a glitch where most of the time the car will hop by itself and eventually flip over
At the moment the "Replay" feature does not work, the team has no idea why and it might never work
It seems that the mission 'bling bling scramble' will only start if you drive with a bike into the blue marker
At the moment the Yardies don’t hang around in groups, this is because they replaced the PIGS from VC - LINK TO POST
Several of the cars handle differently (eg – the Manana and the Kurama)
The actors in the cutscenes have a few bugs with their heads
The lower arm bones on Maria and a few other female peds don’t attach to the upper arm
Some of the sound effects are still from VC (including ped dialogue)
Luigi's right lower leg bone is also separated from the upper one
Some textures of the buildings on Staunton Island don’t load fast enough and they turn white – IMAGE
The 2-star wanted level limit is still there

Fixed Bugs
BugUpdate
There is a crash when the van explodes during 'I Scream, You Scream'
v5b
The first audio file in 'Arms Shortage' loops endlessly
v5b
Waka-Gashira Wipeout' crashes a lot towards the end of the mission
v5b
The Shoreside Vale bridge does not animate
v5b
During the mission 'I Scream, You Scream'. If you press the fire button to blow up the van, the game crashes
v5b
The platinum in 'Bullion Run' doesn't work
v6test
There is a problem with 'S.A.M.', the game always seems to crash
v6test
You have to pay 500,000 to do 'The Exchange', but the game says you only need 50,000
v6test
The destroyed Callahan Bridge needs a 2D-Fix
v6test
The destroyed Fish Factory needs a 2D-Fix
v6test
The back of the garage in Saint Mark's (the one used in 'Rigged to Blow' is transparent and it has no collision
v6test
Inside of 8-Ball's shop needs a 2D-Fix as well
v6test
The car crusher doesn’t work
v6test
There is no animation with the emergency vehicle crane
v6test
The gate at the army base won’t open for any vehicles, even with an army vehicle. It will however open from the inside to let you out
(That's not a bug. It's not supposed to open for Army vehicles. It opens after completing 'Arms Shortage')
Car-jackers will steal your helicopter, but they don’t know how to fly it
(It's the same way in VC)

There are likely to be more bugs that haven't been discovered yet, so if you find any, please report them - it helps us to fix them and improve the overall quality of GTA:LC.  As more bugs are reported, they will be added to the list so that it is up-to-date.

Ok - here it is... The complete and (almost) up-to-date bugs list. I've been through the entire topic, but I've only got the bugs that haven't been fixed yet (and perhaps a few that have). I didn't see the need in adding bugs that were fixed a while back and making more work for myself tounge.gif !

The list of fixed bugs at the bottom are ones from the old first post which have been fixed - there are links to when they were "first" (either v5b or v6test) updated.

Craig, you'll probably need to go through the list when you get a chance and move any that have been fixed that I missed into the fixed table (just cut and paste the {tr}{/tr} bit).

One that I did change is the map limits one - you said that it doesn't matter how big the map is, but I just tested it and you fall into the blue death in a boat sometimes, so I figure this can easily be fixed with a small amount of collision data at the base of the mountains, just high enough so that a boat can't get over it, but no higher than that (it should be added to the already existing collision data there). I know it's not part of ordinary gameplay, but the blue death is quite annoying when you fall into it, and some people love exploring wink.gif .

I think that's about it - now we'll be able to keep the list up-to-date easily icon14.gif .

EDIT - Oops, almost forgot. I've updated the checklist too. So guys, do what you do best and let's fix some of these bugs smile.gif !

EDIT 2 - The info in the quote of this post is "old" now, see the first post for the most up-to-date info

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 21 February 2006 - 10:12 AM

Thanks Ben. Most of that looks about right. I'll go over it in detail a little later. I'm starting to get back into GTA right now. I'm currently playing a bit of Vice City right now (as that is my favorite GTA game catspider.gif ) for the first time in a LONG time. But when I'm done with that, I'll probably head back north to Liberty and fix up the easy bugs that exist (like the car crusher ones).

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 21 February 2006 - 11:01 AM

Holy crap, that's a lotta bugs! I think some have already been corrected in test3. I only tested that briefly in debug mode, gotta take a closer look. Good job on compiling that list ben icon14.gif !

About this bug:
At the moment the Yardies don�t hang around in groups, this is because they replaced the PIGS from VC

Has anyone seen this post?

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 21 February 2006 - 09:50 PM

Yeah, I saw it (along with 741 others during my 5 hour marathon yesterday tounge.gif !). I've added a link to that post in the list (thanks, I forgot), but for some reason I thought that the Yardies only went around individually anyway confused.gif . I haven't played GTA3 for a while, but I'll look into that on the weekend probably.

If someone wants to, try checking out the bugs at the bottom of the lists because they're the ones I'm not sure of. And I have no idea about the 2 star wanted level one - I thought I saw some vague reference to Portland, but I just got that one of the old list (I think it's probably been fixed).

I think though that the majority of these will be easy to fix, and hopefully shouldn't take too long smile.gif .

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 22 February 2006 - 06:01 AM

Ideally, I'd like to find the information in the exe that controls that type of behavior and override it (and the one that makes the Vercetti gang pussies). In fact, it would be nice if the launcher could be expanded a little bit to overcome almost all of the exe specific features. That way, we could remap any engine sound to any car, or give hydraulics or convertible flags to any car we choose. There's other things that I've thought about, but have no idea how to do. And I don't think Hammer has the time to do something so drastic with the launcher either.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 22 February 2006 - 09:17 AM

Would it be possible for Hammer to send you some sort of a guide, bit-by-bit when he gets a chance?

Or is there someone else (on the forums perhaps) that you know that could do something like this?

It would fix all of the sfx problems, and many others, like th opening cutscene problem, cheats, etc.

@Alex - have you had a chance to look at making your cheat thing work with MB 1.5 yet (like you said in your PM)?

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 22 February 2006 - 11:31 PM

Found 3 brand new bugs after a quick testing in Portland (Test3, debug):

1/ After "Salvatore called a meeting", S's mission marker and map icon don't appear. You must enter his house to start "Chaperone". After completing that, marker and icon appear.
2/ In "Turismo", there is no sound when passing a checkpoint.
3/ Cutscene actors placement needs tweaking. For example, Maria levitates a few centimeters above ground in "Chaperone" (the scene where she buys stuff from Chico and when she says bye to Claude).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users