|QUOTE (nitzero @ Nov 7 2005, 15:38)|
| Well, this project is awesome, its beta, OK, but I played GTA3 for a long period and I noticed some differences like:|
1. Manana is hard to control, its easy to roll up.
2. The bobcat is a lil weird, dunno why, look at its front.
3. In the mission "Van Heist", the van should be damaged with a weapon too.
4. Sometimes is very hard to see cars on the street.
5. The gang members are harder than original GTA 3, its easy to die with 15 triads arround.
6. I placed a Rhino in my garage but I can`t figure how I get it out...
7. Sometimes the car get stuck on other parts of cars, like doors.
8. In some missions, on cutscenes, the guy wont enter in when have a door.
9. The police is weak, sometimes I have 3 stars and I see no police cars.
Well, I think its just it.
Ah, and sometimes the game close without reason.
Thanks for pointing out some stuff that needs to be fixed - it can get added to the long list of stuff already pending correction. As GTA_Thomas said, please look at the other topics and post in them before starting your own. This will most likely be merged with the bugs topic or locked. Being new is not really an exception - there is a search function, but I think that there needs to be somewhere at GTAForums that teaches new people about the format of the forums (no, I'm not going to post it in the forum suggestions - someone else can), however, most of it is common sense.
A few things about your list too (I numbered each point for easier reference):
1. Several of the cars handle differently because they're not the same. Another is the Kuruma. I think this may be getting fixed, but I'm not sure.
2. Like GTA_Thomas, I don't see anything wrong with the Bobcat - looks the same to me.
3. There are still several issues with that mission, but if I remember correctly, the van is bullet proof and you have to bump it to damage it. I could be wrong though.
4, 5, 9. These are all issues to do with the game engine being different to GTA3's. For example, to expand on your point about the police, there are way more police around for 1 and 2 stars than in GTA3, and they are smarter too (as a result of LC being played on VC's game engine). The wanted level system is different - I enquired about it several months ago, but I was told by Craig that he wasn't sure it could be changed.
6. That's just your stupidity for putting it in there in the first place (just kidding
) - which garage is it in?
7. I'd assume this is related to the game engine as well, although I've never seen anything like this on my LC (doesn't mean it doesn't happen though).
8. You'll have to be a bit more specific - like which particular mission?
And, with the game closing without reason, you'd have to be more specific - what were you doing, where were you, post the debug output (if there was one), etc.
Edited by benisablink182fan, 07 November 2005 - 07:40 AM.