Photo

BUGS, GLITCHES, and INCOMPLETES

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,280 replies to this topic
DarthSlurpee
  • DarthSlurpee

Don of all Liars

• Members

Posted 05 November 2005 - 04:09 PM Edited by DarthSlurpee, 05 November 2005 - 05:04 PM.

QUOTE (GTA_Thomas @ Nov 5 2005, 10:31)
thats wierd darth, btw did you get stuck on the subway?

I didn't on the subway in Portland. I don't know about the one in the tunnel, I've never unlocked it. And since my main file won't load up anymore, I'm even farther away from unlocking it. angry.gif

EDIT: In the mission 'I Scream, You Scream', I can't turn on the ice cream jingle in the Mr. Whoopee. Why?
And, just curious, since the car crusher doesn't work is it possible to do the mission 'Dead Skunk in Da Trunk'?

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 November 2005 - 06:50 PM

WTF!??!?! i get stuck every time! and it is required you do the dead skink in the trunk, only instead of the car getting crushed, it just dissapears and you win the mission.

right now im so freaking frustrated with the mission "kindom come", where you have to kill alll the "SPANKED up madmen" and blow there cars! they all gang up on me and i cant beat it!

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 06 November 2005 - 12:41 AM

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ Nov 5 2005, 23:13)
I don't want to be a bother, but... any thoughts on that SSV garage thing, Craig? I never had this problem before, and it seems that it doesn't happen to people who only put in the new vcopcode.asi - could it be that the new scm is somehow clashing with the new asi ?

I'm sorry, did I miss something? What garage thing? Is it the one that DarthSlurpee is talking about?

QUOTE (GTA_Thomas @ Nov 6 2005, 05:50)
right now im so freaking frustrated with the mission "kindom come", where you have to kill alll the "SPANKED up madmen" and blow there cars! they all gang up on me and i cant beat it!

Yeah that mission is just about impossible I've decided. I could never beat it in GTA3 without cheating to get a tank just before I got to the parking lot. I've only ever seen it done once without cheating, but my friend (who did it) used the Cheetah from Tourismo (BP, FP, EP)* and just did drive-bys on the vans.

Which reminds me - can you still get one of the Tourismo Cheetahs (by blowing one up and pushing it back to your hideout) or does it lose all of it's good features (BP, FP, EP) once it's "fixed" in your garage?

*=Bullet Proof, Fire Proof, Explosion Proof.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 November 2005 - 12:45 AM

i finally beat it, i did use cheats. i think i typed in the health cheat about a thousend times too! and they didnt even give me a fair sum of money for all that hard work, i was about to thow my monitor out the window!

pphheerroonn
  • pphheerroonn

Its better to be pissed off than on!

• Members

Posted 06 November 2005 - 03:51 PM

Am i invisible? why wont u help me???? sad.gif
3rd time here goes...

i was loading up the game for the first time and at the loading screen after you click 'new game' about half way through it cuts off and the following message is shown:

CODE

Exception at address: 0x00580F2E

Registers -----------------------------------------------------

EAX: 0x00000000 EBX: 0x00000000 ECX: 0x00175770 EDX: 0x00000569

ESI: 0x00001ECC EDI: 0x0013F609 EBP: 0x0013F5FC ESP: 0x0013F5DC

EFLAGS: 10000001001000110

Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Help!!! colgate.gif

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 November 2005 - 05:39 PM

did you manually install it?

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 06 November 2005 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (benisablink182fan @ Nov 6 2005, 02:41)
I'm sorry, did I miss something?  What garage thing?  Is it the one that DarthSlurpee is talking about?

This garage thing. It's a bug that was supposedly fixed long ago, but it reappeared to me when I made a fresh install of LC, put in all the files from Craig's latest LC_SCM.rar download (main.scm, vcopcode.asi, scm_vice.ini) and started a new game.

hday
  • hday

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 November 2005 - 07:58 PM

I'm having the same issue as pphheerroonn. I also get the 0x00580F2E error. I used the installer and replaced all of the missing audio files. Half-way through the process of loading a new game, this error runs. Maybe I'm just blind and missed something crucial that I need to do, or I'm a complete noob.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 06 November 2005 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (pphheerroonn @ Nov 7 2005, 02:51)
Am i invisible? why wont u help me???? sad.gif
3rd time here goes...

i was loading up the game for the first time and at the loading screen after you click 'new game' about half way through it cuts off and the following message is shown:

CODE

Exception at address: 0x00580F2E

EAX: 0x00000000 EBX: 0x00000000 ECX: 0x00175770 EDX: 0x00000569

ESI: 0x00001ECC EDI: 0x0013F609 EBP: 0x0013F5FC ESP: 0x0013F5DC

EFLAGS: 10000001001000110

Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Help!!! colgate.gif

The reason no-one's helping you is probably because no-one knows how to fix your problem. I really wouldn't have a clue where to start - my only suggestion is to wait for v6. Sorry - I know that wasn't much help, but it's the best I can do for you. Hopefully someone else can help out.

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ Nov 7 2005, 06:29)
This garage thing. It's a bug that was supposedly fixed long ago, but it reappeared to me when I made a fresh install of LC, put in all the files from Craig's latest LC_SCM.rar download (main.scm, vcopcode.asi, scm_vice.ini) and started a new game.

Oh, yeah I remember reading that now. My bad suicidal.gif !

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 November 2005 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE (hday @ Nov 6 2005, 19:58)
I'm having the same issue as pphheerroonn. I also get the 0x00580F2E error. I used the installer and replaced all of the missing audio files. Half-way through the process of loading a new game, this error runs. Maybe I'm just blind and missed something crucial that I need to do, or I'm a complete noob.

then i would suggest waiting for v6 like pphheerroonn. go to the config tool located in the lc directory, click advanced... co to audio, click Verifly paths, click restore for every path it says is not verified, try that...

nitzero
  • nitzero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 November 2005 - 04:38 AM

Well, this project is awesome, its beta, OK, but I played GTA3 for a long period and I noticed some differences like:

Manana is hard to control, its easy to roll up.
The bobcat is a lil weird, dunno why, look at its front.
In the mission "Van Heist", the van should be damaged with a weapon too.
Sometimes is very hard to see cars on the street.
The gang members are harder than original GTA 3, its easy to die with 15 triads arround.
I placed a Rhino in my garage but I can`t figure how I get it out...
Sometimes the car get stuck on other parts of cars, like doors.
In some missions, on cutscenes, the guy wont enter in when have a door.
The police is weak, sometimes I have 3 stars and I see no police cars.

Well, I think its just it.

Ah, and sometimes the game close without reason.

Thanks

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 November 2005 - 04:54 AM Edited by GTA_Thomas, 07 November 2005 - 11:29 PM.

yes there are quite a few bugs in the game, but you gotta give em a break. i mean they did all this in under 2 years. and only 40 or so people contributed. its good that your pointing out giltches because it makes it easier for the team to fix them. but.... next time dont make your own thread, post in other ones. thank you wink.gif

user posted image and the bobcat looks alot like the one in GTA3

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 07 November 2005 - 07:37 AM Edited by benisablink182fan, 07 November 2005 - 07:40 AM.

QUOTE (nitzero @ Nov 7 2005, 15:38)
Well, this project is awesome, its beta, OK, but I played GTA3 for a long period and I noticed some differences like:

1. Manana is hard to control, its easy to roll up.
2. The bobcat is a lil weird, dunno why, look at its front.
3. In the mission "Van Heist", the van should be damaged with a weapon too.
4. Sometimes is very hard to see cars on the street.
5. The gang members are harder than original GTA 3, its easy to die with 15 triads arround.
6. I placed a Rhino in my garage but I can`t figure how I get it out...
7. Sometimes the car get stuck on other parts of cars, like doors.
8. In some missions, on cutscenes, the guy wont enter in when have a door.
9. The police is weak, sometimes I have 3 stars and I see no police cars.

Well, I think its just it.

Ah, and sometimes the game close without reason.

Thanks

Thanks for pointing out some stuff that needs to be fixed - it can get added to the long list of stuff already pending correction. As GTA_Thomas said, please look at the other topics and post in them before starting your own. This will most likely be merged with the bugs topic or locked. Being new is not really an exception - there is a search function, but I think that there needs to be somewhere at GTAForums that teaches new people about the format of the forums (no, I'm not going to post it in the forum suggestions - someone else can), however, most of it is common sense.

A few things about your list too (I numbered each point for easier reference):
1. Several of the cars handle differently because they're not the same. Another is the Kuruma. I think this may be getting fixed, but I'm not sure.
2. Like GTA_Thomas, I don't see anything wrong with the Bobcat - looks the same to me.
3. There are still several issues with that mission, but if I remember correctly, the van is bullet proof and you have to bump it to damage it. I could be wrong though.
4, 5, 9. These are all issues to do with the game engine being different to GTA3's. For example, to expand on your point about the police, there are way more police around for 1 and 2 stars than in GTA3, and they are smarter too (as a result of LC being played on VC's game engine). The wanted level system is different - I enquired about it several months ago, but I was told by Craig that he wasn't sure it could be changed.
6. That's just your stupidity for putting it in there in the first place (just kidding tounge2.gif ) - which garage is it in?
7. I'd assume this is related to the game engine as well, although I've never seen anything like this on my LC (doesn't mean it doesn't happen though).
8. You'll have to be a bit more specific - like which particular mission?

And, with the game closing without reason, you'd have to be more specific - what were you doing, where were you, post the debug output (if there was one), etc.

DarthSlurpee
  • DarthSlurpee

Don of all Liars

• Members

Posted 07 November 2005 - 01:07 PM

In the mission 'Van Heist', the only way to damage it is ramming it with a car, because the van is bulletproof.

DarthSlurpee
  • DarthSlurpee

Don of all Liars

• Members

Posted 07 November 2005 - 10:02 PM Edited by DarthSlurpee, 07 November 2005 - 10:16 PM.

Oh sh*t.
I tried putting in silver007's VC Marco's Bistro, and being the novice I am, I messed something up. When I try to load a file, it gets halfway and then I get this:

CODE
Exception at address: 0x0048944C

EAX: 0x00721714 EBX: 0x03FCCC8C ECX: 0x00000000 EDX: 0x00000000
ESI: 0x00000010 EDI: 0x0012F350 EBP: 0x0012F3BC ESP: 0x0012F33C
EFLAGS: 10000001000010110

And, stupidly, I didn't back-up the files. So, I guess I need the originals, or help on fixing the problem.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 07 November 2005 - 11:28 PM

I'm pretty sure that silver007's Marco's Bistro Interior changes the main.scm. So, save games will no longer work. Try starting a new game and see if that helps.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 November 2005 - 11:32 PM

i think ben is right, when i downloaded it i had to restart. try that.

DarthSlurpee
  • DarthSlurpee

Don of all Liars

• Members

Posted 08 November 2005 - 12:22 AM

No, it edits the main.scm if you make it enterable from the front. I put in the Marco's Bistro from SA and everything works fine now. I can't enter it from the front, but I can either use jetpack mode to get in or use jetpack mode/helicopter to get over a wall and enter through the back into the kitchens.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 November 2005 - 03:43 AM

glad you figured it out, although i got mine to work fine with the entrance...

nitzero
  • nitzero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2005 - 04:03 AM Edited by nitzero, 08 November 2005 - 04:09 AM.

How I get it out? It goes in without problems lol.

user posted image

When I was playing 100% 4fun killing everyone and running arround, these guys went to kill me all the time, with or without cars, I never seen it before.

user posted image

Dunno, I just was looking for a car had some minutes, no cars...

user posted image

I killed a lot of people and exploded cars with a Rhino, no police, I killed a police guy, two, three, got 2 stars and no more than it, I exploded a lot of police cars...

user posted image

The bobcat was my fault, my vga was overclocked and the bobcat bugged hehe.

This game crashes frequently when Im using a Radeon 9600xt, with a Geforce 5200 runs fine without crashing. (I have 2 computers with both vga cards).

Sry my english... blink.gif

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 November 2005 - 04:55 AM Edited by GTA_Thomas, 08 November 2005 - 05:02 AM.

Those are cool pictures you used to describe the bugs, BUT.
since this is not a screenshot topic, please make them 800x600 or small, so we dont have to scroll sideways when reading topics.
thank you

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 08 November 2005 - 04:59 AM

I've got no problems with pictures being used in this thread. It would be nice if they were 800x600 (or smaller) though. But those don't really look like bugs. I think it's just the way that Vice City reacts to certain situations. For example, the Rhino is not a bug at all. You can exit a car (in GTA3 or VC) when there's no room by the doors. But you cannot enter it. So if you left the tank there without room to get to the doors, then there's no way to remove it.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 November 2005 - 05:01 AM

when i said "provide links" i ment the thumbnails you can make when you upload to imageshack. sorry for the confusion

nitzero
  • nitzero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2005 - 06:15 AM

HE HE HE, sorry, I use 1280x1024, next time ill use the those links for forums.

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 08 November 2005 - 09:42 PM Edited by Konstantinos, 08 November 2005 - 09:44 PM.

I noticed a funny thing... If you land a helicopter in a publicly accessible area, car thieves will try to take it. But since they don't know how to fly, they'll just sit on the ground with rotor running, until the end of time (or until you pull them out) biggrin.gif
This is a logical outcome of putting helis into GTA3, but it looks kinda stupid... Maybe they should be either taught to fly, or prevented from entering helicopters (I dunno if it goes for planes, too).

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 November 2005 - 03:31 AM

Thomas Says... "lol, i never tried to see what they would do!
i think it might be possible to teach them how to fly, if peds can be taught to drive boats and cops are taught to fly choppers then why cant the peds be taught. it sounds really hardcodded, so maybe somebody with that kind of talent can give it a try" ...Thomas Was Here

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 09 November 2005 - 04:21 AM

Haha, yeah I agree it'd be funny, but I don't really think that's a good option having peds flying around in choppers. I'd like it removed if possible - some other people please post feedback on this.

It'd be kinda funny as an unofficial mod though if peds flew choppers, and one took a Hunter and started wreaking havoc on the city!

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 09 November 2005 - 04:34 AM

The ped behavior as far as it relates to helicopters is exactly the same as it was in GTA:VC. I don't think we can change that.

pphheerroonn
  • pphheerroonn

Its better to be pissed off than on!

• Members

Posted 09 November 2005 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE (GTA_Thomas @ Nov 6 2005, 22:46)
QUOTE (hday @ Nov 6 2005, 19:58)

then i would suggest waiting for v6 like pphheerroonn. go to the config tool located in the lc directory, click advanced... co to audio, click Verifly paths, click restore for every path it says is not verified, try that...

Yeah i tried that, but thanks anyway. I used the installer to instal it. id say the best bet is to wait for v6!
thnx alien.gif

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 November 2005 - 03:07 AM

Thomas Says... "sorry we couldnt fix your problem. v6 should fix your problems, and from what ive seen it could be released very soon tounge.gif or not...
if you couldnt get any of our solutions to work that i suggest getting a older version in the mean time, its still fun to go around and act CRAZY!" ...Thomas Was Here

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users