BUGS, GLITCHES, and INCOMPLETES

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,280 replies to this topic
Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 04 October 2005 - 08:15 PM

I knew the answer would be somewhat similar to that.

We don't support getting this mod to work on pirated copies of VC. You'll have to buy the real thing if you want help here.

ThunderPower
  • ThunderPower

Prankster

• Members

Posted 04 October 2005 - 08:17 PM

Thanks a whole ****in' lot. -_-

ChrisGuy
  • ChrisGuy

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 October 2005 - 11:53 PM

K, well I have the same problem as him. Except my VC exe isnt cracked.

What I did:

I copied my entire Vice CIty folder -the Audio and MP3 folders, cause of the space they take up (for me anyways), and installed LC over that.

Now the only mods I do have on my VC is 3 vcms: one fordmagic wheels, one for bus shelters, and one for a delorean. Other than that, there have been no alterations.

HOWEVER, during the installing of LC, I got an error - audimp.exe. Hmmm but the installation continues.

Uh the version I downloaded I believe is version 5, or whatever what on page 1 as of a week ago lol

So to recap, I hit Start Game, bar moves about.. (--____________________) the two lines length and then takes me to desktop. Nothing more, nothing less.

Hopefully this helps lol

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 05 October 2005 - 01:22 AM

Hey I'm not sure if this will help, but have you tried installing LC over an unmodded version of VC?

meisterpk
  • meisterpk

Liberty City Lunatic

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 05 October 2005 - 07:40 AM

QUOTE (ChrisGuy @ Oct 5 2005, 01:53)
I copied my entire Vice CIty folder -the Audio and MP3 folders

that's your problem! LC needs the original VC audio folder including the radio stations to work.
audimp.exe is responsible for audio importing, it modifies the SFX.raw that contains the background noises. Because there is no file with that name in your install directory, the audimp.exe fails and likewise does the mod(VC tries to load the city ambiance sounds and can't find them)

In short:
Copy your orignal VC folder again(WITH Audio folder), make sure it contains the radio stations (WILD.ADF etc.) and install LC over this. This should make it work

ChrisGuy
  • ChrisGuy

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 October 2005 - 12:33 PM

See? Im a dumbass lol shoulda figured that out.

I'll try that now, and see if it works.

Daan17
  • Daan17

84's Vice City

• Members

Posted 05 October 2005 - 06:20 PM

Is there any "main.scm' with debug mode on to the latest version beta2 test 5b?

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 06 October 2005 - 04:49 AM

QUOTE (Daan17 @ Oct 6 2005, 04:20)
Is there any "main.scm' with debug mode on to the latest version beta2 test 5b?

Not sure - the latest scm keeps switching - sometimes its on and sometimes its not. You can download it from here and try it for yourself.

Or, you can turn it on with your own scm. Download MB 1.5 and use it to open up your MAIN.SCM.TXT file (in your LC/data directory). Search for $MASTERLCDEBUG = 0 and change the 0 to 1. Then recompile by pressing F7. Start a new game and it should be on. Have fun wink.gif!

Daan17
  • Daan17

84's Vice City

• Members

Posted 06 October 2005 - 02:03 PM

Ok. Thx for help.

Viper187
  • Viper187

Crazy Snake

• Members

Posted 09 October 2005 - 02:10 AM

Something I noticed just playing for a few minutes... I may be wrong, but I don't think the cops are supposed to get out of the car and run away when you punch in their windows??? This happened in Portland. I saw a list of car replacements, and I noticed you guys replaced he Vice Cheetah with a cop car (too bad too, I liked that car). Could this be a side effect of that?

Maybe it's just me, but I found it difficult to attain a wanted level at all when I first started a new game. I was walking around shooting people with a pistol, M4, you name it. I finally had to shoot a cop to get any attention. I haven't played Vice for quite a while, but I didn't think it took that much to get the cops' attention before. wink.gif

TRC_Shane
  • TRC_Shane

N/A

• Members

Posted 09 October 2005 - 07:36 AM

lol, i did the same thing as chrisguy did. it works ok now, thanks for the solution benisablink182fan biggrin.gif

Banditbond
  • Banditbond

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2005 - 02:22 PM

Moin !

Any progress in fixing the S.A.M or Bullion Run Mission ?

I have the newest SMC and vcopcode files.

Daan17
  • Daan17

84's Vice City

• Members

Posted 09 October 2005 - 07:33 PM Edited by Daan17, 09 October 2005 - 07:36 PM.

1. I can't do any replays. It's a bug or incomplete?

2. The file "VICESCM.INI" in archive "LC_SCM.rar" must I replace with "scm_vice.ini" in the main directory? (these are the same files?)

meisterpk
  • meisterpk

Liberty City Lunatic

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 09 October 2005 - 08:21 PM

1. Replays don't work for unknown reasons. (You should however use the search feature next time)

2. The vicescm.ini is not supposed to replace the scm_vice.ini. The vicescm.ini is included solely for those who want to modify the mission script themselves and don't use the latest mission builder files.

bloodyskies
  • bloodyskies

lick my Ballers

• Members

Posted 15 October 2005 - 11:45 AM

Hi, I don't know about anyone else, but I've actually managed to finish Syonara Salvatorre - it's just a lot more difficult in LC than GTA3 - I found that blowing out the tyres on all of the Mafia Sentinals outside Sex Club 7, and then walking round to the back door of the club after the green triangle for Salvatorre appears on the radar and shotgunning everyone (I recommend starting the mission with full health and armour really helps here as you're obviously an easy target doing it this way) is the best way..

you don't necessarily have to shoot out the tyres but it does mean you can do a drive by on the car Salvatorre gets into more easily if you end up needing to do this for whatever reason...

If anyone wants a save game with this mission done in a locked city please PM me

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 16 October 2005 - 02:50 AM

Yeah that's cool. For anyone else wanting more info, there's another topic somewhere in the forum to do with completing Sayonara Salvatore - search for it if it's not on the main LC page.

Someone (can't remember who) posted a work-around for it, so I guess there's two now.

@Craig, can you give us any insight into how the progress on that mission is going - is it anymore complete that it was a month or two ago or is there still major problems?

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 16 October 2005 - 03:57 AM

I still haven't experienced any major problems with my game. I only experience the minor issues of the mafia guys running into each other (and not going out to the street). But it's still basically where it was 2 months ago.

bloodyskies
  • bloodyskies

lick my Ballers

• Members

Posted 17 October 2005 - 03:36 PM

I don't know if anyone is having trouble with a Drop In The Ocean, but it ALWAYS crashes right after I finish it, but with different opcodes every time.. I'm playing in story mode (not debug) and compiled with the latested ini file in MB 1.5..

Banditbond
  • Banditbond

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2005 - 11:04 AM

Please take a look at the S.A.M Mission.
It is impossible to finish the story without playing it, but the game always crashes when i shoot down the plane.

I have the newest SMC and vcopcode files.

Greetings from Germany !

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 24 October 2005 - 01:14 AM Edited by Craig Kostelecky, 24 October 2005 - 01:16 AM.

Okay, S.A.M. now works. This was fixed a while ago, but I had the wrong file uploaded (and on my computer). I've now uploaded the correct ones. You can grab them here. To fix the S.A.M. bug, all you need to replace is the vcopcode.asi file. Then you can try your current save and pass the mission. I also included a debug and a stripped script in this package in case anybody wants to test anything. The debug script is set up so you can play S.A.M. right away.

Please let me know if anybody can't play S.A.M. with this update. I tested it on multiple exes so it should work for everybody.

Bullion Run is still unplayable though.

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 26 October 2005 - 03:41 PM

YES! It works now. Thanks Craig.
Anyway, there's one thing that troubles me... I've reinstalled LC (over a fresh VC copy, as before) to try this out, and the Launcher didn't work. It was the same problem I describe here for Long Night. Strange, since it worked the 1st time I installed LC. Isn't there a fixed version of the launcher available as a separate download?

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 27 October 2005 - 05:36 AM

Interesting. I'd assume it's related to the Insert CD Problem where people click on Restore and the computer won't find WILD.ADF even though it's there - perhaps you've found a lead into fixing that problem which no-one seems to know how to fix. It'd be nice if there was an updated version of the launcher to test out before v6 is released so that hopefully everyone can play.

I'm glad S.A.M. now works - thanks Craig. When I get some free time, I'll finally be able to finish all of the storyline missions (except Bullion Run, but that's not a storyline mission anyway!) in v5b. Sweet!

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 27 October 2005 - 03:48 PM

OK this is just plain weird... I opened the config again, it couldn't find them audio files. So I clicked another tab, explored some of the other settings (unimportant), then tried Audio again... and it miraculously started to work! That Launcher is really buggy... either that, or my PC is possesed by the devil.gif !

BloodyHook12
  • BloodyHook12

Angel of Death

• Members

Posted 27 October 2005 - 09:24 PM

I have a problem, using the 1st version of the mod. Not sure if it belongs in this topic, but anyways.

I saved a replay, but when I look in the user files folder, it's not there. I can continue to view the replay with F3, but everytime, it gives me an unhandled exception. I try inserting a new replay.rep into the user files folder to see if it would play, but the same replay from before keeps playing. I've deleted and reinstalled everything plenty of times. And everytime I press F3, the same lost replay continues to load and crash the game. Does anyone know why this keeps happening?

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 28 October 2005 - 04:32 AM

Not really. Replays don't even work in the latest version of LC (v5b). It's probably something in the main.scm that conflicts with the replay function because they work without any problems on stripped scm's.

If you want a stripped scm (one that contains the bare minimum information for gameplay without missions, etc.) then you can get one with MB 1.5.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 28 October 2005 - 06:09 AM

I now include an LC specific stripped script in the LC_SCM download. I haven't tested replays with that yet though.

DarthSlurpee
  • DarthSlurpee

Don of all Liars

• Members

Posted 28 October 2005 - 08:58 PM

I am sorry if this has been said before, but I'm really not in the mood to read 21 pages of posts.

My cutscenes have no sounds. I don't know why.

[not a bug]
How do I get motorcycles if they're not traffic spawned?

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 28 October 2005 - 10:44 PM

Heres a problem with mine (I think)

Every time I install a mod, my PCJ600 mod to be precise, the game just locks up during loading with an unhandled exception. There is no data on the error in the little text box.

I didn't want to post a topic, so thats why it's here. Can anyone help? I really want to get back to making vehicle mods for this great city.

joeyss
  • joeyss

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2005 - 11:35 PM

the characters just stand there. if i use the tank spwinmg code ir it hits the car and tells me the car was fliiped. then it lets me move into it resets. ihave the newest version.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 October 2005 - 01:02 AM Edited by GTA_Thomas, 29 October 2005 - 01:15 AM.

answers to a few questions:

Darthslurpee: the only way to get the cutscene audio is to buy gta3 and reinstall LC, then when it asks you if you want to install the gta3 sounds (radio and cutscene) check the box and follow the instructions.
and as for the bikes: they wont spawn in the streets until you open up staunten island, but there are some PCJs scatterd around in parking lots. there is one at the building by the bridge to get to staunten (the building you take the girls to after you pick them up in one of the missions). i cant remember the other place but if you look for them you can find them.

BCSpeed: there are other topics for mods in this forum or go to the mods forums. it may be on topic (because this tread is for LC crashes) but im not sure. dont think so, and as for your question: i dont know why it does that after you install the PCJ, it worked when i installed VC cars over the LC ones. you should try posting your problem here: "Unofficial Mods"

::EDIT:: joeyss,
can you be more specific with you post? or when you start a new game, dont type the "panzer" code, im not sure what u are trying to say.
are you trying to say that the only way it will let you move or do the mission is if you "Fail (by blowing the car up)" then when it restarts the mission you can play it?!?!? huh?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users