BUGS, GLITCHES, and INCOMPLETES

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,280 replies to this topic
K41N
  • K41N

Struggling Stunter/Mapper/Video-editor/Human

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 September 2005 - 02:47 PM

is there any way there may be problems in this version with the handling.cfg file? i remember in previous versions you couldnt wheelie properly on a pcj. Now you can wheelie like you should, but when i attempt to do stoppies in gta:lc i often end up impriting my face into the sidewalk... this doesnt happen in vice city :S just wondering if you could maybe look into it. When i do a stoppie the rear gets lifted way too much and i just do half a grounded frontflip...

thanks, and hope it was the right thread to post it in.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 13 September 2005 - 06:14 AM

Yeah maybe. I've heard that there are some problems with the handling of the PCJ - I've never really come across any. But that doesn't mean they don't exist.

I have noticed a few of the cars (like the Kurama) handle either very poorly, or are different to GTA3. It doesn't bother me that much though.

As for the stoppies, I never have any problem - the only thing I've noticed is that the distance ALWAYS comes up at 0 feet, which isn't right.

And yes, posting that in this forum seems fine wink.gif !

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 13 September 2005 - 10:50 AM

Has anyone else seen the 0 feet stoppie? That will just be a code bug, not too hard to sort out, handling though I know nothing about.

simonmpoulton
  • simonmpoulton

VC lover

• Members

Posted 13 September 2005 - 05:21 PM

After overcoming my first problems (thanks to whoever made the installer as this would not have happenned if you had made a decent installer)

I now have this prob when trying to load a save game:
Exception at address: 0x004624BA
Last opcode executed: 01AF is_car_near_point_3d
In thread: cesna_d

Registers -----------------------------------------------------
EAX: 0x00000002 EBX: 0x007E3C00 ECX: 0x000001AF EDX: 0x00000034
ESI: 0x007E3C88 EDI: 0x00000000 EBP: 0x000001AF ESP: 0x0012FCA4
EFLAGS: 1000010000001001000110

Never had this prob before today!!!

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 13 September 2005 - 08:16 PM Edited by Konstantinos, 13 September 2005 - 08:31 PM.

Oh dear. You are so out of date here.
Rewind to Page 10
For a solution, download an updated main.scm. It's around here somewhere, search the topic - that's what you should've done in the first place sly.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 14 September 2005 - 06:16 AM

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ Sep 14 2005, 06:16)
Rewind to Page 10
For a solution, download an updated main.scm. It's around here somewhere, search the topic - that's what you should've done in the first place sly.gif

Or, to save you searching (don't know why, you were pretty ungrateful about the installer simonpoulton), you can download an updated scm here - you'll need to start a new game though.

simonmpoulton
  • simonmpoulton

VC lover

• Members

Posted 14 September 2005 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ Sep 13 2005, 20:16)
Rewind to Page 10

I appreciate that you are trying your best to help but that hasn't solved the problem sad.gif
Still get same error message and strangely enough yes it happenned after I saved and quit the game once finishing the mission "decoy" for donald love. This happenned after I try to reload the game. The other save games work fine but unfortunately they are all from an earlier point in the game.

-Garrett-
  • -Garrett-

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 September 2005 - 03:48 AM Edited by -Garrett-, 15 September 2005 - 03:57 AM.

Yeah, that's because of a bug in the old main.scm. If you complete 'A Drop In The Ocean' and then save sometime after that mission, that save file will always, always crash. That's why you need to use the new main.scm, as it doesn't have that bug.

EDIT: to clarify, that post-Drop save will NEVER work, even with the new main.scm. However with the new file you can beat the mission and make a successful save.

simonmpoulton
  • simonmpoulton

VC lover

• Members

Posted 17 September 2005 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE (-Garrett- @ Sep 15 2005, 03:48)
Yeah, that's because of a bug in the old main.scm. If you complete 'A Drop In The Ocean' and then save sometime after that mission, that save file will always, always crash. That's why you need to use the new main.scm, as it doesn't have that bug.

EDIT: to clarify, that post-Drop save will NEVER work, even with the new main.scm. However with the new file you can beat the mission and make a successful save.

Well guess what the post drop save DOES WORK after changing the main.scm so please dont give me information that is totally inaccurate

-Garrett-
  • -Garrett-

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 September 2005 - 02:21 AM

Well it didn't work for me, but I tried that with a much much earlier patch than the one you just downloaded which was no doubt the cause.

Dude, I was quick to provide whatever help I could, but you were quick to make sweeping accusations. Take that attitude of yours elsewhere. Sheesh. dozingoff.gif

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 18 September 2005 - 10:52 AM

No save games should work after you save, you have changed the SCM and without an advanced method which we don't employ (darkpact) save games are not compatible with a different SCM (unless all thats changed is a mission).

Toreno
  • Toreno

• Members

Posted 24 September 2005 - 12:02 PM

I've got loads of crashes in the 'Payday for Ray' mission from Asuka.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 25 September 2005 - 11:31 PM Edited by benisablink182fan, 26 September 2005 - 06:06 AM.

QUOTE (Toreno @ Sep 24 2005, 22:02)
I've got loads of crashes in the 'Payday for Ray' mission from Asuka.

Post the debug output info (from your GTA-LC-SCM.txt file in your LC folder) so the LC team can work out exactly what the problem is and fix it.

EDIT - Just came across a funny glitch I've never seen before. I was speeding along through Staunton on a PCJ when I lost control and went crashing into a building. Yes, into a building. Funny thing was, I couldn't get out.

I've come across this before in GTA3, but that involves sprinting into a building/wall, not crashing a vehicle into it.

The approx entry point was at:

I'm pretty sure it's just a random, one-off glitch (the game didn't crash), but I thought I'd better report it anyway.

mjndrum
  • mjndrum

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2005 - 02:07 AM

Hey guys, first post. blush.gif

I came here to tell you guys I have found a new glitch. It isn't anything crucial, in fact it's nothing you guys should even sweat over, just something I thought was funny. Here's what you do:

-While in-game, type in 'IDONTHAVETHEMONEYSONNY'. For those of you who don't know, that changes your skin to Sonny. But surprise surprise, it looks like the GTA:LC team changed Sonny's IMG file to some other character. Looks like the guy that you meet during the first few missions.
-Once your character has changed, walk around. You will notice that the character's right leg is glitched. It's cut up into segments and it wobbles around funny everytime you move. It looks like your foot is floating in mid air. For those of you who are too lazy to try this out, check out the movie I made about it:

http://media.putfile.com/LCGlitch

I uploaded it to PutFile so it would stream - you guys wouldn't have to download anything.

Cheers. turn.gif
-mjndrum

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 27 September 2005 - 05:20 AM

Haha, yeah, I noticed this too. I'm pretty sure that all of the peds for the cutscenes are being recreated, so this problem may be fixed for the next release. We'll have to wait and see.

Also, congrats on your first post. I'm sure it'll be the first of many! Welcome to the GTA:LC forum - have some cookies!
cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 27 September 2005 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (benisablink182fan @ Sep 26 2005, 01:31)
EDIT - Just came across a funny glitch I've never seen before.  I was speeding along through Staunton on a PCJ when I lost control and went crashing into a building.  Yes, into a building.  Funny thing was, I couldn't get out.

I've come across this before in GTA3, but that involves sprinting into a building/wall, not crashing a vehicle into it.

I'm pretty sure it's just a random, one-off glitch (the game didn't crash), but I thought I'd better report it anyway.

It's not an one-time glitch. That building definitely has some bad collision. If you drive a car into it, its front will sink in, like half of Claude if you sprint into it. Seems like you need a bike to get in. Once inside, you can't get out, but you can exchange fire with the world if you stand close to the "invisible wall" bbq.gif

I've marked the location on the map:
user posted image

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 28 September 2005 - 05:56 AM

Ok, that's interesting. I wonder if there are any other buildings like that with bad collision files. I guess the only way to know for sure would be test each one individually - that's a lot of work though. Maybe someone else has a better suggestion.

I could do it - it's gonna take some time though. Hopefully some people might be willing to help out - if so, I can divide up sections of the map for each person to do. This isn't exactly a hard job and you could earn some credit for it. PM me if you are interested and I'll get back to you ASAP. Unless there is a simpler way of doing it, in which case I'll be glad to know just the same.

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 28 September 2005 - 11:50 AM Edited by Konstantinos, 01 October 2005 - 10:15 AM.

QUOTE (mjndrum @ Sep 27 2005, 04:07)
-While in-game, type in 'IDONTHAVETHEMONEYSONNY'. For those of you who don't know, that changes your skin to Sonny. But surprise surprise, it looks like the GTA:LC team changed Sonny's IMG file to some other character. Looks like the guy that you meet during the first few missions.

Just for interest, here are the other Vice City identity cheats that will result in characters different than in VC (not exactly a bug, but what the hell smile.gif )

LOOKLIKELANCE (Lance Vance) -> 8Ball
WELOVEOURDICK (Love Fist's Dick) -> Joey Leone (badly messed up)
FOXYLITTLETHING (Mercedes Cortez) -> Misty

If you type CHEATSHAVEBEENCRACKED (Ricardo Diaz), the game crashes. (Well, this IS a bug of sorts smile.gif )

EDIT: 2 car spawn cheats also give different results:

GETTHEREFAST (Sabre Turbo) -> Diablo Stallion
THELASTRIDE (Romero's Hearse) -> "Dead skunk in the trunk" Manana (cool!)

Oh, and that guy in black suit who gives you the first missions is called Luigi Goterelli

--Cole--
  • --Cole--

stfu n00b lol

• Members

Posted 28 September 2005 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ Sep 27 2005, 21:32)
QUOTE (benisablink182fan @ Sep 26 2005, 01:31)
EDIT - Just came across a funny glitch I've never seen before.  I was speeding along through Staunton on a PCJ when I lost control and went crashing into a building.  Yes, into a building.  Funny thing was, I couldn't get out.

It's not an one-time glitch. That building definitely has some bad collision. If you drive a car into it, its front will sink in, like half of Claude if you sprint into it. Seems like you need a bike to get in. Once inside, you can't get out, but you can exchange fire with the world if you stand close to the "invisible wall" bbq.gif

I've marked the location on the map:
user posted image

Y'know, I came across a similar collision glitch one time in standard, unmodded Vice City. I was in Ocean Beach, running through an alley with the cops chasing me. Then, a cop car came up behind me and knocked me through the wall. I was stuck, and the cops could shoot at me thru the wall untill I died. So collision glitches aren't a specific LC problem, I think.

KaosOverride
  • KaosOverride

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2005 - 03:18 AM

Hi! I have tried that building bug, and i think I know what's happening smile.gif Most of the building's colision is above the floor like "half a meter" (in-game measures). I was able to enter and exit a couple of times with the "debugger" DeLorean. It looks like only the front of the car gets into, and stops, but if keep pressing the acceleration, you will slowly enter... Some of the walls have the colision well deffined, like the building's door and a pair of little walls. The rest is like having the building floating half a meter. Nice found!!! smile.gif

Other thing... I was playing a little with the SCM code about the Salvarore's mission (Uh.. I'm taking it as something personal???) I found something in the tests... The mafia guys that get out of the club, starts running to the outside street like crazy when some triads are near the club... Can't be defined an area for the mission for not spawnning the triads or something like that? this could be very nasty for gameplay even if you found a correct code for the mision... sad.gif

Playing a little with the code I have found how to get the first 3 mafias to their final locations without problems. I noticed they appear too fast one after another. There is an "status" variable for each mafia (with 0 to 4 values as I have understand). One of the condition for spawning the next mafia is that the status of the actual mafia is bigger that "0". I changed to bigger than "1" and looks like working pretty nice... but the fourth mafia gets out and stops ath the 550,-417 "intermediate navigation point", turns 180 and goes into the club hitting against the next mafia, and they don't came outside... I don,t know if they should need an intermediate navigation point to get stright to the alley and then to their final destiny near the cars or what... I will have a look to coding tutorials and lear a little more (I'm just starting), and if I found a solution I will post. But I don't promise anything sad.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 01 October 2005 - 03:29 AM

Hey excellent work - I haven't had a chance to get back and do anymore testing on that building yet.

As for Sayonara Salvatore, I wish you good luck with getting it to work properly, and I have a feeling that it won't be too long before a solution is found (either by you or someone else). Again, good work:
cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

RedDevill
  • RedDevill

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2005 - 05:40 PM

just asking , l dont have any audio or subtitles during cutscenes.

Is this supposed to happen?

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 01 October 2005 - 06:22 PM

For the audio you will need to copy the files fom you original copy of GTA 3. For the subtitles, go into options and turn them on.

bloodyskies
  • bloodyskies

lick my Ballers

• Members

Posted 03 October 2005 - 06:38 PM

I've had a scan through the last few pages and not spotted this. I'm playing with debug mode off (normal games, with intro etc) and every time I try to do the Cutting the Grass mission for Salvatorre, the game crashes with the following message:

Exception at address: 0x00462423
Last opcode executed: 01AE is_car_near_point_still
In thread: frank2

Registers -----------------------------------------------------
EAX: 0x00000001 EBX: 0x007E1F68 ECX: 0x000001AE EDX: 0x00000000
ESI: 0x007E1F58 EDI: 0x007E1F68 EBP: 0x000001AE ESP: 0x0012FCC8
EFLAGS: 10000001010010011

The opcode and thread are always the same, not sure about the rest. I happens regardless of whether I'm parked down the road from Sex Club 7 or if I've jumped in the taxi Curly Bob is waiting for to drive him down to the docks myself..

It's been a while since I played with debug off, but I'm sure I passed this mission as I remember doing Bomb the Base in LC..

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 04 October 2005 - 12:03 AM

Yeah the bug has been fixed for v5b. Unless you're playing with silver007's Marco's Bistro Interior installed. You need to get the latest set of opcodes (I think) to fix it. It's the scm_vice.ini file that (I think) comes with the latest version of the main.scm - you can get it here.

Perhaps someone can confirm this for me...

If you don't have the Bistro Interior installed, then I'm not sure exactly how to fix it - you could try the latest set of opcodes I guess, anyway.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 04 October 2005 - 12:23 AM

That error is caused by compiling the LC code without having the latest ini files for MB. If you download MB from my site, you will have the correct ini files.

bloodyskies
  • bloodyskies

lick my Ballers

• Members

Posted 04 October 2005 - 05:05 PM Edited by bloodyskies, 04 October 2005 - 05:08 PM.

cool thanks Craig & Benisablink, I'll try that

ThunderPower
  • ThunderPower

Hasn't Played GTA in 3 Years

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 October 2005 - 05:11 PM

I start up the game, then I do "Start New Game". The loading bar goes about half an inch then it's at my desktop and GTA: Liberty City is closed. Is there a solution to this?

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 04 October 2005 - 07:37 PM

There's more information that we need. With your description, I have no idea what could have caused that problem. How exactly did you install the game? Which version did you download? What country is your original gta-vc.exe from? Answering these questions may help us to solve your problem.

ThunderPower
  • ThunderPower

Hasn't Played GTA in 3 Years

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 October 2005 - 08:11 PM

It's a cracked version. Even with the blood cracked 1.1 exe it doesn't work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users