Photo

COL Discussion

245 replies to this topic
Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 21 October 2010 - 01:14 AM

I like that fix (at least in the pictures you've provided). It always bugged me that you could see through them like that. I'll trust your judgement on whether it's better with possibly losing the lighting data (or other stuff).

silver007
  • silver007

Homie

• Members

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:03 PM

I was going to wait and release a batch of files that had cull problems, but after a quick tour around Liberty I can't seem to find any other models that need fixing.
So here's the 2 fixed models from outside the staunton hideout.
http://matt3d.exofir...-21_cullfix.rar

If you take a close look at the before/after shots, you'l notice that my fixed models are slightly darker. I was able to fix that by choosing the correct settings unpon export, therefore the models look exactly the same to my eyes, except for the obvious culling issues I fixed.

jcab42
  • jcab42

Custom Planet Builder

• Members

Posted 15 December 2010 - 02:55 AM

That's a great tip about putting the alpha materials at the bottom of the list. Nice work Silver!

I modded the COL for the stadium so you can go in and drive on the field and seating area. Not sure if yall are interested in making it official. We could even re-export the stadium DFF to make the front gate disappear.

link to stadiumcolmod_gtalc.zip

This is what is looks like now.
user posted image

Also, my last post in this thread pertains to COL's, so I figured I better post it here as well:

Just found a COL problem that's new to me.

Illco and McOdd are the gas station and fast food buildings in Odie/Illspirit's Intercity Highway. They have always had a capitalization mismatch:

Illco and Mcodd in the COL
illcol and mcodd everywhere else

This never caused a problem in GTA3 and it didn't cause a problem in earlier versions of GTA:LC. With LC 3.1 those buildings don't have any collision (you can't even drive up to them). I've confirmed that the problem is solved by using Steve's tool to rename the cols to illco and mcodd. Has anyone else seen this issue?

lord_lc93
  • lord_lc93

IGI 2 COVERT STRIKE CHAMP

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:19 PM

Whats that bike jcab?Looks like Cheverolet Camaro.

jcab42
  • jcab42

Custom Planet Builder

• Members

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:49 PM Edited by jcab42, 20 December 2010 - 02:42 AM.

If I'm not mistaken, that was the first ever motorcycle for GTA3. So far I haven't found it, and I don't remember anything else about it. That's actually a very old GTA3 screenshot. I like the Camaro theory.

*edit, I found it. It's the Harley Chopper aka Diablos Chopper by Skizot Enigma.

Apparently it really was the first motorcycle for GTA3, according to this download site at least: http://www.gtagaming...nstall-mods/876

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:17 PM

Updated industNE.col - modified collision of the gas station model because it contained a misplaced collision box.

Grab it here. In case there were any updates to that file since the release of Beta3.1 (which this file is taken from), please extract the 'petrolstation' col from the file.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users