» «
Photo

COL Discussion

245 replies to this topic
Ryan_
  • Ryan_

Ryan_ aka 4:20

• Members

Posted 03 January 2006 - 10:20 PM Edited by Ryan_, 03 January 2006 - 10:23 PM.

Thanks Thomas, but it was NOT just me. DMA Blunted and I BOTH made the majority of the new colfiles, and don't forget Spaceinstien who is setting the surface materials for them aswell, thanks again Space!

About the building, go check it out! I'm going to have a look, but it took me ages to find your last buildings, and when I thought I did you made me doubt myself. So maybe another screen shot if you see an issue.

Thanks Thomas.

Edit: Well the first post in the bugs topic speaks of the issue like it's a model loading issue, not a model or col issue.
I will still have a look, but I don't think it's a col issue.

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 04 January 2006 - 07:34 PM

The latest versions are now available here.

Ryan_
  • Ryan_

• Members

Posted 04 January 2006 - 07:34 PM Edited by Ryan_, 04 January 2006 - 07:36 PM.

BUMP

A new pack of colfiles has been sent to Y-Less for hosting (colfiles2.rar), please download and install these files before making any more issues aparent.

There shouldn't be hardly any if any more issues to correct with the colfiles now.
Please everyone test them and report any issues.

Thank You

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 04 January 2006 - 07:36 PM

Sorry, I beat you to it tounge.gif .

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 04 January 2006 - 07:39 PM

I've got them in my image now as well. I'll likely give it another test in the next day or so.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 05 January 2006 - 10:50 PM

Thanks Ryan - these new colfiles are great. I have found one very tiny problem with them. See this pic:
user posted image

There's a tiny invisible piece of collision data sticking up there because I ran into it and went flying off my PCJ a couple of times! Just a minor fix - thanks.

Ryan_
  • Ryan_

• Members

Posted 05 January 2006 - 11:45 PM

Damn those invisable walls, thanks for spotting that. I'll go check it out.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 06 January 2006 - 12:26 AM Edited by Craig Kostelecky, 06 January 2006 - 12:52 AM.

There's also an issue with the col Ben pointed out, but right on the north intersection (on the sidewalk where it makes a triangle).

Also there's something in the 2nd floor of the car park which is causing some col issues. It appears that object may be dynamic though as it moves if you crash a car into it enough. Or I'm just crazy about that. Anyway, the exact spot where I saw that issue was at -20.83 -567.39 35.06.

And that issue I mentioned at the hospital still exists. Here is a picture. The white part is basically what's unsolid.

*I have no idea why I named that file SIAirportCol. blush.gif

Ryan_
  • Ryan_

• Members

Posted 06 January 2006 - 10:24 PM

Great, thanks guys. I'll get on them ASAP.
Ben, I cant read the co-ords on your picture, could you send them to me?

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 06 January 2006 - 11:16 PM Edited by Y_Less, 06 January 2006 - 11:16 PM.

I've seen a few people do that recently (link to the thumbnail rather than the image), it may be due to the disabled images. Delete the '.th' from his picture and you'll get this, you can see the co-ordinates there are:

Ryan_
  • Ryan_

• Members

Posted 07 January 2006 - 12:56 AM

Thanks Y-Less.
I have managed to reproduce the mentioned col issues. I assume 1 is an invisalbe face in flatiron1c, and the missing faces in com_hospital. But the parking lot one. Man, how did you find that? I found it but only with your co ords. did you find this col testing? anyways, i have no idea about that yet. i dont think either dma blunted or i ever edited the parking lot cols as there was no need. I will try to replace them with the original and see what happens, but i dont think it was caused by the col editing.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 07 January 2006 - 01:53 AM

Weird - the link on the thumbnail worked fine when I clicked on it.

Anyhow, sorry to be the bringer of more bad news Ryan_, but I've found another invisible wall, and this one's a biggie. Here's a pic:
user posted image

It's on Staunton, and the coord's are:

Sorry, the pic isn't real clear for some reason.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 07 January 2006 - 05:42 AM

QUOTE (Ryan_ @ Jan 6 2006, 18:56)
But the parking lot one. Man, how did you find that? I found it but only with your co ords. did you find this col testing?

I originally found it many moons ago when I was testing the missions. And I ran into that while doing the Multistory Mayhem mission. I had a hunch it was never fixed, so I started driving around the parking lot until I crashed.

Ryan_
  • Ryan_

• Members

Posted 07 January 2006 - 02:11 PM Edited by Ryan_, 07 January 2006 - 04:04 PM.

I just wanted to ask a question.
There are some really smart people here at the forums who know how to make programs.
My question, would it be possible to make a program which tells me what collision data the player is currently in contact with? This would make the issue of invisable walls much easier to deal with.
And, could someone explain to me why these invisable walls show up in game?

Edit: Well, I have an idea, but it's a lot of work. My idea is to start all over.
I thought it would be good if I did things a little different with the colfiles.
My idea is to make the new necessary collision data in SketchUp, but add it to the original collision file in 3DS Max. As a result, I am hoping not only to get rid of the invisable wall issue, but also keep all surface type data intact as well. Some original collfiles will need to be edited in MAX because some are too tall, aside from that all original collision data will remain intact but will have added collision as well.
It wont take too long because the new data is already there, I would pretty much need to cut and paste so to speak.

Unless ofcourse this tool I speak of could easily be made.

Before I begin, tell me what you all think.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 07 January 2006 - 04:24 PM Edited by spaceeinstein, 07 January 2006 - 04:29 PM.

No, don't start over. I have a technique that can find invisible collision faces. I did it once with Catalina's mansion and it worked fine. I am almost done with the collision surfacing so expect an update today or tomorrow.

Update: No more invisible collisions near that Flatiron building.

Ryan_
  • Ryan_

• Members

Posted 07 January 2006 - 06:17 PM

c'mon space, please share with us how this is done?

Choofy
  • Choofy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2006 - 06:49 PM Edited by Choofy, 07 January 2006 - 07:14 PM.

Good work so far guys : ) The flatiron1c col file besides having the extra face that ben hits, and craig notices, also has a few minor allignment problems. The carpark 2nd floor is 2 invisible faces (1 each end between the posts, and on both 2nd floors). Simply delete them. The 1st island col files have a few serious issues. No need to redo the files from scratch , some of them look really good @Ryan_.

EDIT:I have those col files fixed if you need them, as well as 6 reedited cols for tempart. Some of the newcolfiles within the temppart col from the rar had gaps/mal alignment also a few to many faces. A few of the 1st island cols kind of look like the new collision faces have been stacked upon the original files mostly 'chinabuildings' i think. Not very good either way. The majority overall is good work still : ) Keep it up

Cheers Choofy

Ryan_
  • Ryan_

• Members

Posted 07 January 2006 - 07:30 PM

I'm glad you two know how to fix these issues, cause my alilities stop at what I have given you.
I have fixed the com_hospital.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 08 January 2006 - 05:18 AM

All I did was manually selecting every visible face that I can see with the Coll Editor. After that, I inverted the checkings to see if I left out anymore visible faces. After that, I deleted the faces that are checked (three faces checked in this one).

GTA: LC Collisions Update
Check if that invisible face is still there.

Choofy
  • Choofy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 January 2006 - 10:41 AM

The flatiron face is gone, as the last col bug also is. The carpark one is still there, to fix it just open the mscp_midlfloor.col from the lcgeneric.col. You will see the 2 invisible faces between the posts. The flatironic still has bad geometry, but if its ok with you all I shall go through the cols when they are final to fix any like it, and to save faces. Good work

Cheers Choofy

Ryan_
  • Ryan_

• Members

Posted 08 January 2006 - 01:13 PM Edited by Ryan_, 08 January 2006 - 02:18 PM.

That would be great choofy, as long as you don't feel overloaded with all that your doing with GTA:LC

Edit: Choofy, just so you know. I only added the roof to flatiron1c, so any other goemetery you speak of is what R* gave us.
Unless import/export had an effect aswell.

Space, good job! Are you doing the others aswell? I have com_hospital done, can I send it to you to surface?
The list of files in your readme, thats only the ones you touched right? Because, there are more files that were edited in those col archives than what you have listed. Maybe I will make a list.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 08 January 2006 - 04:46 PM

yes. Yes. Yes.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 January 2006 - 12:00 AM

Wonderful to see LC's buildings with the col files, wonder just wonderful (i actually mean it, not sarcasm). LC is looking to be the greatest Total Conversion mod ever! again, good work Ryan_, space, and DMAblunted (i hope i named them all this time).

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 29 January 2006 - 01:12 AM

Hey guys can we have an update on what's going on with these please? Curiosity has got the better of me tounge.gif !

Just wondering because space's last update was posted before Ryan said he'd done the com_hospital - do we have another update package on the way, or are we waiting till Choofy goes through and checks them all?

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 29 January 2006 - 03:06 AM

I think the cols that I have are final or at least very close to it.

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 29 January 2006 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Jan 29 2006, 04:06)
I think the cols that I have are final or at least very close to it.

So, how 'bout releasing them ?

Ryan_
  • Ryan_

• Members

Posted 31 January 2006 - 10:24 PM

i dont really think there is much more to do here.
i think i stand still until i get a colfile request.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 21 February 2006 - 06:26 AM

Here's something that you might like to check Ryan_ - I found it whilst going through the bugs topic. Some really dodgy collision data - hopefully it's already been fixed smile.gif .

Ryan_
  • Ryan_

• Members

Posted 20 March 2006 - 04:23 PM

WOW, it's been awhile........ Multiplayer in San Andreas in pretty fun I must say blush.gif

I must say, if that is the only building that needs fixing, I'll be amazed!
I can't believe there aren't more issues listed!

O.k. well, I'm going to install the software now, and fix that building (Thanks for the co-ord's benisablink182fan, and thanks for the image Konstantinos. Unfortunatly I was too late to see the image, but I appreciate the effort.).

Once the building is fixed I'll do a little checking around, I'm sure I will find atleast a few things....

Question: The colfiles included in v6test3 (That is the most recent right?). Are they all equiped with the proper surfaces?
This question i guess is directed at Spaceinstine and Choofy.

Anyways, Ill update in a short while.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 March 2006 - 04:11 AM

Haha nice to see you again Ryan_ biggrin.gif
I had another invisable wall picture I posted someplace, maybe i can get the coordes again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users