COL Discussion

245 replies to this topic
spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2005 - 08:26 PM

After few days of hard work, I'm finally finished GTA3izing the landne.col. There were many skinny collisions on Catalina's mansion.
GTA: LC Landne.col v1
There are still more non-solid roofs in this area so it's not final.

Kurropt Antagonist
  • Kurropt Antagonist

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 April 2005 - 02:59 PM

space, how is it that you only have 4 karma stars?

Great work as always. I dare say, without you, these mods would be nowhere.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2005 - 06:25 PM Edited by spaceeinstein, 15 April 2005 - 11:23 PM.

blink.gif / biggrin.gif
My karma too low or too high?

GTA: LC Landsw.col v1

Kurropt Antagonist
  • Kurropt Antagonist

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 02:44 PM

Oh, I meant too low. biggrin.gif And that was not meant to be a disrespect to those of you who are also working on these col issues.

Also, I don't know if this has been mentioned, but the building that's used in the mission THE FUZZ BALL, is a bit strange.

When you're not on the mission, go to the building's entrance and try jumping around. You'll see that you can't. Also, the camera zooms out like when you're in a garage. But maybe that's an issue with the main.scm?

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 April 2005 - 03:33 PM

It suppose to do that, even in GTA3.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 17 April 2005 - 07:50 PM

Yeah, that's the way it's supposed to be. But I think that action is defined in the cull.ipl. That controls the static camera angles.

[DMA]Blunted
  • [DMA]Blunted

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 08:30 PM Edited by [DMA]Blunted, 17 April 2005 - 08:44 PM.

ryan the only way your col's wouldn't be solid other then faces being on the wrong side is if it was scaled wrong and doesn't properly fit the buildings dimensions, like I said before import your work from sketchup to 3ds max highlight the model right click select scale and for any one of the three values enter 8.335.

Ryan_
  • Ryan_

Ryan_ aka 4:20

• Members

Posted 18 April 2005 - 11:21 PM

yes charles, that was indeed my issue, not with all my col's only 2 i know of. either way, that prompted me to redo ALL my colfiles, i now have a goal of making proper colfiles with LESS faces than the original. im on my way and doing well. I will shortly have comNbtm complete for release.

[DMA]Blunted
  • [DMA]Blunted

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 April 2005 - 12:14 AM Edited by [DMA]Blunted, 22 April 2005 - 11:59 PM.

space in my game using my col's none of the building's I worked on have unsolid roof's, there are some items that are not solid that I didn't do simply because it's either a) impossible to land a heli on or b) is almost pointless gameplay wise (observatory in shoreside,underside pillars of bridge going to the mansions are examples) but if you say I missed some then alright this is what you can do for me, go into moomapper and double click the item with an unsolid roof, then copy the item name down and post them here, and I'll col them up np.

I just finished IndustSE & IndustSW I'll zip them and email you them in a little.

I must say china town needed extensive work, so I assume little italy is the same, so good luck with that ryan.

ryan since I'm finished with my portion (until space gives me those notes) feel free to point out some object's in your area of portland that need coling and I'd be happy to do them.

Ryan_
  • Ryan_

• Members

Posted 23 April 2005 - 01:51 AM

Well, comNbtm is complete, 77 faces under par. Finally. Anyways, I sent them to Craig. Charles, feel free to go ahead with Portland. Leave me with the middle island until/if you complete portland before I am done.

[DMA]Blunted
  • [DMA]Blunted

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 April 2005 - 04:23 AM

alright I'm going to email you the work I have done so you don't redo anything I've already got done that's part of temppart or making.

Ryan_
  • Ryan_

• Members

Posted 23 April 2005 - 06:15 PM Edited by Ryan_, 23 April 2005 - 07:22 PM.

That would be great Charles. Well, I'm not as far off as I thought I was. Seems I can use most of my old cols with a few tweaks, only 4 cols need real editing. What this means is that comSE and comSW are not far from completion.

While flying around last night I flew into a invisable wall in the sky. It was over a building I did not edit. I have used optimize on 4.0 as Charles has said to do. I dont know why its there. I don't believe it is from me on any way. Are there any others that have mentioned this?

Do we know what the official heli hight will be? One of my buildings is higher than current heli height, so i changed it in the launcher. Seem the helis fly very well with higher max fly height so I wondered. Either way I will make the building solid for modders and stunters.

edit. for anyone who wants to try, snipe_build_kb is in comSE. it will be rough to make this one solid. I will attempt it again, my, but anyone else feel free to give it a shot aswell.

[DMA]Blunted
  • [DMA]Blunted

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 April 2005 - 07:45 PM

where was this invisable wall? I could check and see if it's in my game, and since your progress is quicker then you thought I'll do that sniper building.

Ryan_
  • Ryan_

• Members

Posted 23 April 2005 - 10:47 PM Edited by Ryan_, 23 April 2005 - 10:57 PM.

comSE complete, sniper building and all. there were a lot of multi level buildings which resulted in me being over by 160 faces in comse which can be recovered if we get a descent count with snipe build kb, which i dont think is really that bad (160 faces over). sniperbuilding is at 394 faces, i hope you can get a bit better than me, but remember, this building is in a mission where you need to shoot the guys up there, so you can not just put a flat wall or anything. anyways good luck.
comSW will arrive shortly.
I was flying aroung today after i finished comSW and the wall seems to be gone. must have been something from an original col, or maybe its still there and i just cant find it anymore. was over comsw area by the largest building.

[DMA]Blunted
  • [DMA]Blunted

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 April 2005 - 12:07 AM

don't worry about going over the orginal col's this is all about adding detail while keeping the counts as low as can be. smile.gif and remember space will be making occulusions for LC so framerates should be better then before.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 24 April 2005 - 04:40 AM

QUOTE (Ryan_ @ Apr 23 2005, 13:15)
Do we know what the official heli hight will be? One of my buildings is higher than current heli height, so i changed it in the launcher. Seem the helis fly very well with higher max fly height so I wondered. Either way I will make the building solid for modders and stunters.

I think the official default height will be left at 300. But since each user can change it, we may as well make the buildings solid all the way up.

[DMA]Blunted
  • [DMA]Blunted

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 April 2005 - 08:51 PM Edited by [DMA]Blunted, 25 April 2005 - 01:03 AM.

snipe_build_kb is done 1450 vertices / 506 faces all details included

I'll email you it shortly ryan

uh I didn't save my work and now the scale factor's horribly f*cked up. so sorry for getting your hopes up but no this is unusable.

too bad it was perfect except for one mistake and now I've wasted 4 hours of my times for nothing

EDIT1 - I rebuilt it with the wrongly scaled model as a blueprint, it's currently 1476 Vertices / 542 Faces all details included, I'm going to go test it ingame verify it's perfect and then email it your way ryan.

EDIT2 - ok I isolated some issues and fixed them the col model is now 1432 Vertoces / 519 Faces with all details included. tested ingame and sent to Ryan.

next I'll start on the other sections of portland but not right away that building took alot out of me especially with the setbacks, peace

Ryan_
  • Ryan_

• Members

Posted 26 April 2005 - 12:17 AM

sorry for wasting your time charles, last night i got it at 690 verts and 394 faces.
i had begun with comSW. craig/space, what do you guys think of these cols me and charles are sending you? are they usable?

[DMA]Blunted
  • [DMA]Blunted

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 April 2005 - 12:20 AM

wow send me yours I want to see how you accomplished that

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 26 April 2005 - 04:10 AM

QUOTE (Ryan_ @ Apr 25 2005, 19:17)
craig/space, what do you guys think of these cols me and charles are sending you? are they usable?

I honestly haven't had a chance to try it yet. The time I've been able to dedicate to LC the last few weeks has been very limited. Hopefully that'll turn around soon.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2005 - 07:36 PM

GTA: LC IndustSE.col
And I got to go 'cause my phone bill is $80!

Ryan_
  • Ryan_

• Members

Posted 27 April 2005 - 08:16 PM

Well, with a clear head and 5 minutes I have produced snipe_build_kb at a sweet 493 verts and 257 faces.
I just wanted to say, all I did was copy the needed peices of my model and placed them on the original. I did NOT and any other detail to the model.
Me and Charles may have a misunderstanding here. He critisized my model for lack of detail, but at that point it had more detail than the original. Now, I want to make it clear that I am indeed editing the original colfiles with ONLY the necessary faces.
Before when I spoke of detail, what I was referring to was the decimation process and how you lose detail with that method. However now, we dont even use polygon cruncher cause we got a bit better. LOL.
I will send the file to replace the first.

[DMA]Blunted
  • [DMA]Blunted

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 April 2005 - 09:37 PM Edited by [DMA]Blunted, 27 April 2005 - 09:53 PM.

well nevermind refer to newest post.

Ryan_
  • Ryan_

• Members

Posted 27 April 2005 - 09:46 PM

No Charles, the cols I spoke of were from the very beginning of this topic. They were never sent to anyone and are long gone. Unfortunatly, I began work on the cols before ever mentioning I was, which is ofcoures my fault only.
either way. this is the way I see it. if the original col did not have the small walkway that has nothing to do with the roof, then my final col wont either.

[DMA]Blunted
  • [DMA]Blunted

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 April 2005 - 09:52 PM

that's fine, you do it your way I'll do it mine. I've been doing quality work and so have you so I'll continue to do so. smile.gif

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2005 - 01:29 AM

Don't worry about the cols being too simplified or too complicated. I'll do the manual work to make it nice and smooth.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2005 - 08:51 PM Edited by spaceeinstein, 28 April 2005 - 09:19 PM.

GTA: LC IndustSW.col & Temppart.col

[DMA]Blunted
  • [DMA]Blunted

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 April 2005 - 11:19 PM Edited by [DMA]Blunted, 29 April 2005 - 04:16 AM.

yeah I don't like the idea of people altering my work after I've released it though. I'd rather you tell me what the issues are and I'll do it.

you know what I've thought about it and nevermind edit it if it helps the project.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2005 - 06:44 PM

Ah crap! cry.gif Anyone who isntalled IndustSW.col please replace with the original because it's corrupt! I'll try to redo that col later.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 29 April 2005 - 06:48 PM

No offence but teh LC mod is a community modification there is no one person in charge really, everyone can help and if it's beneficial to the modification then I don't particularly see why you would question one's work. Anywho keep up the good work guy, it's been a while since I've popped in here and it appears to be still progressing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users