Photo

My site!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic
elliooo
  • elliooo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 March 2005 - 09:12 AM Edited by Dalpura, 21 April 2005 - 07:30 AM.

Hi all,

I've been working on no advertising site for the past few months with a friend and I was wondering what everyone thought of it!

It has heaps of exclusive screenshots and info, downloads other game reviews and such. I'm pretty pleased with.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated tounge.gif

rahkstar2.gif

Barbaneez
  • Barbaneez

Boss

• Members

Posted 20 March 2005 - 09:19 AM

Welcome to GTA Forums.

Well, to be honest - your site is using PHP Puke. Not to sound like a third world trashbag scum or anything - but the PHP Nuke deal is starting to turn back traffic for sites than it is helping. Everyone and their dog uses PHP Nuke, it's very very overwhored. The features of PHP Nuke are nothing new, you can achieve the same type of features by compiling a site using several different PHP scripts, plus it will look more realistic, less GPL-ish, and have a more definate template to it. In PHP Nuke you don't really have control over what it looks like unless you're some PHP Nuke master who knows how to edit their "themes". Basically what I am saying is: dump the PHP Nuke, it's old stuff - and get a great layout and put several different scripts into it, it will have the same effect and people like me will stop bitching. tounge.gif

Sorry for all the yammering above. The positive points of your site (considering it is using Nuke cry.gif ) is that it seems to be content-rich (considering the pages of content you do have). I'm not saying you have a ton of pages, but I am saying that of the pages you do have - they seem to have richly put content in them. It is slightly unorganized however, you say "Now when you go into the San Andreas section all of the sections (except cheats) have pics!". What I don't get is why not have a screenshot gallery and take the pictures out of the other sections? For the overall part - your site is okay, but it would be way better if you organized it better and dumped the PHP Nuke.

Just my honest opinions - I clearly didn't mean to offend you or anything. Great luck with GTA Ranch.
cool.gif

elliooo
  • elliooo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 March 2005 - 09:45 AM

The pictures compliment the sections they are in, providing better information. We will also be having a screenshots section, of just everything and anything in SA. We are in the process of getting our Vehicle pictures database back on the net, and that will be great once it is back up.

The PHP nuke is the best we can use at the moment, we arent great with scripting and such. The focus of our site is our content (screenshots etc) and is what we work the hardest on. Many other sites screenshots don't come even close to the quality of ours, and if they do they are production shots.

What exactly do you mean by better organisation? As in more sub-heading for section for easier navigation?

Thanks for the feedback, we greatly appreciated it! tounge.gif

Roald
  • Roald

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 March 2005 - 09:52 AM

QUOTE (elliooo @ Mar 20 2005, 09:45)
The pictures compliment the sections they are in, providing better information. We will also be having a screenshots section, of just everything and anything in SA. We are in the process of getting our Vehicle pictures database back on the net, and that will be great once it is back up.

The PHP nuke is the best we can use at the moment, we arent great with scripting and such. The focus of our site is our content (screenshots etc) and is what we work the hardest on. Many other sites screenshots don't come even close to the quality of ours, and if they do they are production shots.

What exactly do you mean by better organisation? As in more sub-heading for section for easier navigation?

Thanks for the feedback, we greatly appreciated it! tounge.gif

Well...the header just sucks. The layout is kinda plain, but not bad.
Keep working on it, the content is nice...BUT...I don't think you have anything to offer to the public. This GTA network will always overshadow any GTA site, no matter what.

elliooo
  • elliooo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 March 2005 - 09:56 AM

What do you mean by having nothing to offer to the public?

We have great content, downloads......

Roald
  • Roald

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 March 2005 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE (elliooo @ Mar 20 2005, 09:56)
What do you mean by having nothing to offer to the public?

We have great content, downloads......

Yeah, I know. But, just about Úvery GTA site has good content and downloads. What makes you think your site is better? You have to think of something exclusive that no one else has... wink.gif

elliooo
  • elliooo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 March 2005 - 11:07 AM Edited by Barguast, 21 April 2005 - 06:22 PM.

We have hundreds of exclusive screenshots that we are in the process of getting back up onto the site. So they will be up there soon, they are the best quality screens that ive ever seen (except production shots) and we have heaps of them

We are also going into the movie business. Making exclusive gameplay movies. Things such as movie guides, and some action ones.

Exclusive screens and movies. And we usually get secrets and such before other sites. For example i havent found any other site that covers the sex toys as well as us, we have the latest developments, and update regularly to keep people interested.

Thorpe
  • Thorpe

Luke

• Members

Posted 25 March 2005 - 07:22 PM

Bad news for people with smaller screens - especially 800x600. Consider changing it.

elliooo
  • elliooo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 April 2005 - 07:08 AM Edited by Dalpura, 21 April 2005 - 07:31 AM.

We've now got our picture databases online!

On the old site, we had comprehensive databases of screenshots of amlost every vehicle in the game, and now they are back, and better than ever before.
We have all the planes, helicopters and bikes. And the boats and cars are almost completed! These pictures are the BEST you can find anywhere on the internet and are 100% exclusive to GTA Ranch!

You can view them at the following links:

No advertising.

So go on, check them out!

Note: We don't have the names of the vehicles on the page yet, but if you view the full sized image, you will see the name at the top of your window (eg: car_admiral)

No advertising.

Dalpura
  • Dalpura

• Members

Posted 21 April 2005 - 07:32 AM

You kind of went from wanting a bit of C&C to just plain advertising, which is NOT allowed. I'll thank you to not have it happen again.

Closed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users