» «
Photo

Topic for other problem causing glitches

50 replies to this topic
System Error
  • System Error

Oh yeah.

• Members

Posted 19 March 2005 - 02:46 AM Edited by System Error, 12 August 2005 - 04:47 AM.

Although the Gym, Basketball and Pool glitches are the ones people seem to complain about the most, what about the other glitches that can piss you off? I've noticed most topics about these seem to be very scattered. This is what this topic will cover. Here is the format that will be used.

Problem: This is a description of the effects of the glitch.
Cause: What caused the glitch to occur.
Explanation: If possible, explains what causes the glitch to occur in further detail.
Solution: Tells you how to fix the glitch.
Workaround: Explains how to work around the glitch, if possible.

----------------------

Peds Riot Glitch
Problem: You cannot pass certain missions. Something abnormal occurs, and you end up failing. The most common issue is with the "Madd Dogg" mission. This also causes problems with other missions.

Cause: You have used the "Peds Riot" cheat and saved.

Explanation: The "cannot be disabled" bit of the Peds Riot code is misleading. It really means "cannot be fully disabled." What this means is that even though the rioting is turned off in most places, it will still continue on with certain peds and certain interiors. Sometimes, you will find that you cannot complete a mission because of this, because one of the NPCs goes berserk. Examples include Madd Dogg jumping to his death right away on the "Madd Dogg" mission, and Catalina shooting the RS Haul owner on the "Tanker Commander" mission.

Solution #1: Do some random crap. Try doing some Taxi missions, some gambling, try many things. And try again. If it doesn't work, keep trying. This is the method you'll want to use if you are too far into the game to restart.

Solution #2: Start all over again, this time, without using the 'Peds Riot' cheat. Only use this solution if you are early on in the game or as a last resort.

Workaround: If you used peds riot on the street races to win easily, try this. Instead of using the 'Peds Riot' cheat, use the 'Peds hate you' cheat instead. It DOES get fully disabled, despite what they say. This is speaking from personal experience.

----------------------

Paintjob Eating Glitch
Problem: Garages eat your custom paintjobs. It will simply revert back to the base color, which is usually white. If you mixed color with paintjobs, however (put the paintjob on first, then the color), it'll become that color.

Cause: Random, but it seems to happen more often if you have a car with a custom paintjob on it in a garage with other cars.

Explanation: Ever notice how the loading of the paintjobs is lagged up sometimes? This glitch is the result of when it gets so lagged up that it actually forgets to load the paintjob. Also, see the next glitch.

Solution: Simply re-apply the paint. Unfortunetly, this won't work for the Mothership if you have happened to acquire it in a mission.

Workaround: Give said vehicle its very own garage. This should reduce the chances the paintjobs messing up on you.

----------------------

Garages won't open
Problem: Garages will not open, or at least take an inexcuseable amount of time to open.

Cause: This usually seems to crop up when having modded cars in garages. Color seem to be fine, as are the other minor upgrades such as Nitro and Bass Boost. However, everything visual, especially paintjobs, seems to trigger this. Tires don't seem to do it as much.

Explanation: When you approach your garage, it checks for the cars inside. However, the modded effects slow the opening process down as the game checks to see what mods the cars have. The mods are stored seperate from the vehicle. Sort of like the lightless taxi glitch in GTA3 and Vice. If there were too many Taxis and/or Cabbies (and any other Taxi vehicle) on screen at once, then some might be spawned without the light. This is basically what the game is trying to prevent from happening (by taking a long time, just to be sure).

Solution: Give it a minute. If it hasn't opened by then, go away for a while and try again later. Somebody says to pause for about three seconds and unpause.

Workaround: To minimize the loading time, give any modded cars you might have their very own garage. Or you could just not mod at all.

----------------------

Car Eating Glitch
Problem: Garages eat your cars.

Cause: You have overstuffed a garage. Typically, you shouldn't store three or more vehicles in a garage.

Explanation: Some garages, such as the San Fierro garage's garage, seem to be unstable for some reason. Said garage is extemely unstable: I've had an FBI Rancher vanish when it was the only vehicle in there.

Solution: Get another one. If it's something you can't replace, literally, such as a bulletproof, reload your last save that had it. If it was a modded car, get a new one and re-mod it.

Workaround: Keep the number of cars you store in a garage down to around two.

----------------------

Girlfriends never home glitch
Problem: Your girlfriends simply aren't at home, even when they are supposed to be. People complain about Millie the most.

Cause: This may or may not be intentional, and it is hard to explain. If you don't take a girl on a date on a day she is available on, she won't be there until the same day next week.

Explanation: Say you date a girl on Monday, and again on Tuesday. On Wednesday, you decide to go get pimped-out, and change your appearance entirely. Your decisions take up the entire day. Now, when you go back on Thursday to date your girlfriend, she will not be there. In fact, she'll be gone until next Wednesday (in game).

Solution: Save until a day passes, then go back and check. If she is there, great. If not, repeat until she is. Be sure you are actually arriving at a time when she is normally home.

----------------------

Katie/Barbara Weapon Save Glitch
Problem: Your weapons and cash are saved when you get Wasted/Busted, even if you are not dating Katie or Barbara.

Cause: Starting a new game from a file where you were dating Katie or Barbara

Explanation: Think the Purple Nines glitch from GTA3. When you decide to restart from the menu, certain flags are not unchecked. This is the result.

Solution: If you insist on playing the proper way, then take out your memory card and reset the game. When a new game starts, re-insert your memory card. You should now be playing an unglitched save. Save as soon as you can.

----------------------

Fire Extinguisher Glitch
Problem: Fire Extinguishers don't show up in the backs of resturaunts. Strangely enough, ones like the extinguisher outside the 24/7 near Angel Pine still spawn. This doesn't seem to nuke them from the interiors either, as the one in the meat factory in "The Meat Business" will still show up. However, the one in the Rusty Brown Donuts hidden interior will not show up.

Cause: Starting a new game via the menu screen

Explanation: The Fire Extinguishers seem to be on a timer respawn. This means they will respawn based on time passed. You can collect the extinguisher, wait, and it'll come back eventually. All without leaving the resturaunt. Other weapons will only respawn after saving (or perhaps travelling a long distance away). When a new game is started, the timer screws up, so they never get a chance to spawn.

Solution: If you want the fire extinguishers there, take out your memory card and reset the game. When a new game starts, re-insert your memory card. You should now be playing an unglitched save. Save as soon as you can.

----------------------

Michelle Glitch
Problem: Michelle doesn't show up at the driving school to start dating her. Normally, she is almost always there. This isn't a result of not being up to her standards.

Cause: You completed driving school before you began to date her. For some reason beyond me, this makes her show up a hell of a lot less often.

Explanation: Can't think of any reason why this would happen.

Solution: Just keep trying. She'll turn up eventually. Just make sure you have all the oysters beforehand, as this will shatter all the girlfriend's standards. To quote the game (from memory), "All oysters collected! Katie, Helena, Michelle and Barbara will always want you back, no matter how undesirable you are!" It also means instant sex. It'll be worth it, and is a nice way to pass the time as you wait for her to spawn.

Workaround: Begin to date her before you finish driving school.

----------------------

Tattoo/Haircut Glitch
Problem: For some reason, your sex appeal takes a dive after getting a haircut.

Cause: When you get a haircut, all the stat bonuses you recieve from Tattoos are nullified, regardless of whether or not you are wearing a shirt when you get the cut. The Tattoos themselves physically remain, however.

Explanation: Unknown. My best guess would be that the Tattoos "add on to" the Haircut boosts. When you get a haircut, the game forgets about the Tattoos boosts.

Solution: Remove all your Tattoos, then re-apply them.

Workaround: Settle with a permanent haircut prior to getting inked up.

----------------------

Two-Player Brass Knuckles Glitch
Problem: Your brass knuckles vanish.

Cause: Playing a two-player game.

Explanation: I have no idea why this happens. They are there as normal in the duration of the two-player game, but only on the first player, yet mysteriously vanish afterwards. It may read the weapon data from player two, but that's still no excuse for the brass knuckles not being on player two.

Solution: Just pick up another set.

----------------------

End of the Line Save Glitch
Problem: If you save the game after completing "End of the Line", the save may become corrupted for no apparent reason.

Cause: This one is a little hit and miss. It happens to some, but does not happen to others. I personally didn't have this happen to me.

Explanation: Perhaps on some games, the game becomes unstable after the long end sequence. Completing a mission or a race causes the game to snap itself back together.

Solution: If you find out you have this problem, load your latest save that is not glitched. Complete "End of the Line" again. After the end sequence, complete a street race or a mission.

----------------------

Two Wheel Glitch
Problem: The "longest 2 wheels distance" stat is absurd, with a value of something such as 252,665,456.00 feet. The "longest 2 wheels time" stat remains the same, however.

Cause: Unknown.

Explanation: Unknown

Solution: One could try and use a cheat device to reset the value.

----------------------

Hunter/Leviathan Spawn Conflict Glitch
Problem: The Hunter or the Leviathan never shows up, only the other one.

Cause: Only one of them can spawn at a time for some strange reason.

Explanation: The only reason I can think of would be that said helicopters spawn very close to one another. The blades of one probably get in the way of the other one's blades.

Solution: Just keep trying. Try approaching the airstrip from another direction.

Workaround: If you're having trouble, you can get the Leviathan at an airport, and the Hunter from the Naval Base - considering you have obtained it at the airstrip. If you choose to get the Hunter from the Naval Base, stay low and try to collect two police bribes to get the Hydras off your back.

Mxyzptlk
  • Mxyzptlk

Misanthropic

• Members

Posted 19 March 2005 - 02:54 AM

Dude, that's pretty good, better than the pinned glitch topic, if I may be so bold....

Please include the following:

Basketball glitch, for unknown reasons, saving at Madd Dogg's Mansion makes the balls disappear from all the courts.

Gym Glitch, if you don't eat enough every game day, or if you die/get wasted too much; you can't work out at gym.

Pool glitch, if you kill people in the bar too many times, you are no longer able to play pool.

bignothing
  • bignothing

Hawg

• Members

Posted 19 March 2005 - 03:12 AM

This one was my beast. Don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but it froze my game multiple times.

AmmuNation Game Freeze Glitch

Problem: System freezes inside AmmuNation. Audio continues to play. Have to restart PS2. Bummer. Doesn't matter which AmmuNation.

Cause/Explanation: As best I can figure, this glitch occured for me whenever I moved too quickly toward the red marker at the AmmuNation counter. In other words, my joystick was pushed all the way forward. The game would freeze just before CJ entered the red marker.

This glitch also occured way back when I was in "GTA Marathon" mode, and would have the PS2 running for 6-8 hours at a stretch on a Saturday afternoon and another several hours later that evening. That may have been a factor.

Solution: Eventually I learned to move a little more slowly inside AmmuNation. I haven't experienced this glitch in (months?). I also play PS2 for a few hours a week now, instead of whole weekend jags.

Workaround: There is no workaround. Once the game freezes, you pretty much have to reset the console.

Mxyzptlk
  • Mxyzptlk

Misanthropic

• Members

Posted 19 March 2005 - 03:14 AM

Some people have a problem like bignothing's, when they go to a private dance in the Pig Pen strip club.

Officer Pulaski
  • Officer Pulaski

Li'l G Loc

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 19 March 2005 - 03:31 AM

nice topic have a cookie.gif
you should mention the car munching garages angry.gif

this seems to commonley happen in some garages
but ONLY when you have more then one in there
and these are also paint drinkers too
they are the following:
the Palomino Creek Save point
the doherty garge
the paradiso safehouse
the safehouse in northern LV (forgot wat its called)

also paint drinkers include:
all of the above
Calton Heights safehouse
rockshorewest safehouse

for the paint drinkers i am unsure about
santa maria safehouse
fort carson safehouse
that one north west of rockshore safehouse
the one in southern LV
Mullholand safehouse (north of madd Doggs)

Mxyzptlk
  • Mxyzptlk

Misanthropic

• Members

Posted 19 March 2005 - 03:33 AM Edited by Mxyzptlk, 22 March 2005 - 07:04 PM.

He sort of touched on the paint eating garages... my surefire advice is to give each modded car its own exclusive garage, guaranteed you won't lose a paintjob or entire car.

bigdani
  • bigdani

GTA addict

• Members

Posted 24 March 2005 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE (Mxyzptlk @ Mar 19 2005, 02:54)
Dude, that's pretty good, better than the pinned glitch topic, if I may be so bold....

Please include the following:

Basketball glitch, for unknown reasons, saving at Madd Dogg's Mansion makes the balls disappear from all the courts.

Gym Glitch, if you don't eat enough every game day, or if you die/get wasted too much; you can't work out at gym.

Pool glitch, if you kill people in the bar too many times, you are no longer able to play pool.

Cheers to that.

And you forgot to put the pool glitch workaround: Playing blackjack like a maniac at 4 dragon's

Mxyzptlk
  • Mxyzptlk

Misanthropic

• Members

Posted 24 March 2005 - 11:54 PM

QUOTE (bigdani @ Mar 24 2005, 18:50)
Cheers to that.

And you forgot to put the pool glitch workaround: Playing blackjack like a maniac at 4 dragon's

Thanks for bumping this topic, I think it's a really good one...

So you can play pool again if you go blackjack for awhile?

Mr. Someguy
  • Mr. Someguy

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 25 March 2005 - 12:17 AM

QUOTE (Mxyzptlk @ Mar 19 2005, 03:33)
He sort of touched on the paint eating garages... my surefire advice is to give each modded car its own exclusive garage, guaranteed you won't lose a paintjob or entire car.

Doesn't always work, the Mothership lost it's cool paintjob.
Now it's just a camper sad.gif

Luke2004
  • Luke2004

You wanna leave? k. gtfo.

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 March 2005 - 09:30 PM

Link posted on the first page of the pinned glitch topic in gameplay. smile.gif

Mxyzptlk
  • Mxyzptlk

Misanthropic

• Members

Posted 28 March 2005 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (Luke2004 @ Mar 28 2005, 16:30)
Link posted on the first page of the pinned glitch topic in gameplay. smile.gif

Good looking out Luke! I really like this topic....

shotupcrackdealer
  • shotupcrackdealer

so much moneys you can drop that! rollout

• Members

Posted 30 March 2005 - 01:17 AM

i've had a problem with private dances in strip clubs. for some reason when i get 2 dances in a row it's fine but when i get a 3rd dance my game crashes. why does it do this? is this some sort of glitch?

Mxyzptlk
  • Mxyzptlk

Misanthropic

• Members

Posted 30 March 2005 - 01:19 AM

QUOTE (shotupcrackdealer @ Mar 29 2005, 20:17)
i've had a problem with private dances in strip clubs. for some reason when i get 2 dances in a row it's fine but when i get a 3rd dance my game crashes. why does it do this? is this some sort of glitch?

It's an inconsistent problem with some peoples' games but not others. I've never had it so I can't suggest a solution, sorry.

GTABAG
  • GTABAG

Playa

• Members

Posted 30 March 2005 - 02:11 AM

This topic should be pinned so that it doesn't keep falling out of the 1st page. When I first saw this topic, I thought it was just created today, but it was created way before that.

You shud also include the car disappearing from garage glitch. My cars disappear and i get pissed.

Mxyzptlk
  • Mxyzptlk

Misanthropic

• Members

Posted 30 March 2005 - 02:13 AM

QUOTE (GTABAG @ Mar 29 2005, 21:11)
This topic should be pinned so that it doesn't keep falling out of the 1st page. When I first saw this topic, I thought it was just created today, but it was created way before that.

You shud also include the car disappearing from garage glitch. My cars disappear and i get pissed.

Well Luke2004 linked this topic into the pinned glitch topics (but I think this is better than the pinned topic), and the garage glitch is mentioned in the thread, guaranteed way to keep cars/paintjobs: one car per garage.

I'll also mention here that NSX suggests pausing for two seconds if your garage won't open when you walk up to it.

DidierSucks
  • DidierSucks

Prophet of Trashcat

• Members

Posted 30 March 2005 - 02:33 AM

Problem: Madd Dogg won't enter vehicles on the Cut Throat Business Mission

Cause: No idea. Cheats, possibly?

Explanation: No matter which vehicle you try to get into, Madd Dogg will not enter tha vehicle. He will, however, enter other vehicles near the vehicle you have stolen, and will try his damnest to follow you in whatever vehicle you have. If you get out of your vehicle, so will he.

Solution: Not that I know of

Workaround: The only vehicle I could get Madd Dogg to enter was a spawned Quadbike. Nothing else would work. When I crashed the bike and had to find a new car, the glitch remained. Still, a spawned quadbike was the only vehicle he would get on. Its possible the game loaded the later game data where CJ and Madd Dogg must not be in the same vehicle, but somehow it doesn`t apply to the quadbike.

PimpPanda
  • PimpPanda

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 11:37 PM

There also are some other crazy glitches that I have had. During Catalina's mission Tanker Commander the people in the store are fighting each other and also in Against All Odds. When I first beat Tanker Commander the guy started punching Catalina and she shot him and Ive never used the Peds Riot cheat.

Also the last time I played when I clicked R1 I couldnt lock on. And when I put in another controler everything was opposite.

Lastly, I went to the san fierro martial arts place and I could not learn any new moves because right when I went in he started attacking everyone else.

Help please

Here are the cheats that Ive used:

Infinite Health
Jetpack
Full Health and Armor
Weapon Cheats
Spawning Vehicles cheats
Cars Fly
Vehicles of Death ( a good way of winning races tounge2.gif )
Lose Wanted level
6 star wanted level

Also for some reason I can't get more then 4 stars unless I use a wanted cheat.

Mxyzptlk
  • Mxyzptlk

Misanthropic

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 11:40 PM

Despite what you've said I'm pretty sure you have used the pedestrians riot cheat. You have the exact symptons which aren't associated with any other cheats. Might as well restart now since you can't beat "Madd Dogg" when you get to Las Venturas.

You can't get 6 stars wanted level until you unlock the third island.

PimpPanda
  • PimpPanda

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 April 2005 - 12:06 AM

I know it's really weird but I haven't used the cheat. I vowed never to because I heard about what it does. Maybe its becaused I used too many cheats?! And Im covered for mad dog because I have a friend who doesent use cheats and is close to that mission so Ill get their file and put it on my memory card. Trust me I have never used Peds riot.

HiImTimAndImAnAddict
  • HiImTimAndImAnAddict

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 April 2005 - 12:17 AM

I use to get that game-freeze glitch all the freakin' time! It's not quite from having it running too long, but from not having it properly ventilated for that kinda running time. I use to have mine in an entertainment center cabinet with a closed glass door. After about two hours it locked. 2 hours!!

When you're doing 6-8 hour stretches (like I do after some speed pills!), keep the PS2 out in the open....on a table (but NOT the floor, too much dust gets sucked in, & static risk), and if need be, keep a fan going in the room that either sucks hot air out a window or brings the cooler air in. Running my TV, PS2, computer and monitor all day, I keep my window fan going 24/7 tounge.gif

MAcSandNinEs
  • MAcSandNinEs

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 April 2005 - 12:32 AM

I never let myself do any stupid cheats (pedestrian cheats) so I don't have problems like that. When Millie wasn't home, I took a road-trip and when I got back to Venturas, she was home at the correct time.

srg
  • srg

Bored Ass

• Members

Posted 18 April 2005 - 07:34 AM Edited by srg, 18 April 2005 - 07:50 AM.

One possible safety measure to make sure cars don't vanish or paintjobs not eaten, could be checking on the garages every mission or two passed.

I never had any problem with my garages so far and have finished all the core missions. Most my garages are stuffed to the max with vehicles. One mothership over at Calton Heights is with an Admiral, the other one in Paradiso with an FCR 900 & BF Injection. No problem at all so far. Doherty has 4 bulletproofed vehicles, Hashbury same thing no problem at all either. There was one weird occasion though in Paradiso when I checked on my mothership one time, that the camper was white for a few seconds when the garage door opened then back again to its paintjob after that. Maybe shuffling some vehicles from one garage to another from time to time might solve the glitch also.

srg
  • srg

Bored Ass

• Members

Posted 18 April 2005 - 07:46 AM

QUOTE (Mxyzptlk @ Apr 17 2005, 23:40)
You can't get 6 stars wanted level until you unlock the third island.

But you can get 6 stars even in Los Santos can't you? This happened after all the core missions ( & end credits) were passed.

regards

YoungCity
  • YoungCity

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 April 2005 - 11:13 AM

i got two strange glitches in my game, there like the ones you posted

first one is a garage glitch, i put 4 cars into the garage at the 'garage' in san fierro, 3 were lined up in the back, and i had a slamvan horizontally at the end (blocking the 3 cars in)

it wouldnt let me open the garage, i had to stand there for like 3 mintes, and anytime cesar phoned me to tell me about that vehicle you gotta rob, you know? there would just be a weird sound, noone would talk and i couldnt get off the cellphone, so i had to restart

i fixed it by only keeping one car in that garage, and now when i get wasted, i still lose some money, but i keep my weapons... and im not dating either of the girls you mentioned... im only on the 'jizzy' mission

PimpPanda
  • PimpPanda

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 April 2005 - 05:14 PM

Can anyone help me with my problem. Also Alex the hot dog guy always attacks me and attacks the other hot dog guy.

I just played again and my R1 button doesent work and for my other controller when I play up is down and down is up when Im walking. It's really screwed up.

blazing
  • blazing

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 April 2005 - 11:56 PM

i cant take over a territory at the bridge 2 the 3rd island in san fierro no matter what any ideas???????????????

Mxyzptlk
  • Mxyzptlk

Misanthropic

• Members

Posted 25 April 2005 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE (blazing @ Apr 24 2005, 18:56)
i cant take over a territory at the bridge 2 the 3rd island in san fierro no matter what any ideas???????????????

Does the turf overlap the Gant Bridge? If so, I think you have to take ballas out past the toll booths and kill them there. Why's it so important for you to get that turf, though?

MAcSandNinEs
  • MAcSandNinEs

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 April 2005 - 12:43 AM

Hey, I got my paintjob back! I kept the mothership in my garage for a long time. For the past few weeks, I had a plain white camper in my garage. But now, the painjob is back. I totally changed my appearance, but I don't think that that's the reason. Try it.

tommy vercetti guy
  • tommy vercetti guy

A fellow canadian

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 April 2005 - 01:20 AM

This topic is WAY better than the pinned one.
remove the pinned one and put this one instead

oh, and the fire extinguisher glitch, your right, it is caused by starting a new game from the start menu. Today i started a new game (i dislike the retarded territorty glitch). I started from the start menu and when i did the first ryder mission, i noticed no fire extinguisher. I was like wtf, so i deleted the save file and restarted from the opening of the game. And guess what, the fire extingusher was there!

tmotu
  • tmotu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 July 2005 - 08:41 AM

There is also the taxi glitch

Problem: Cannot do the taxi mission because there are "no fares" around, even if you drive the whole state with it.

Cause: unknown

Solution: well unknown...so far

Workaround: I think it's the sprays... if you get 50 of them done before finishing the taxi missions you get the glitch.

I can live with the b-ball glitch or the gym one (which can be fixed now by using a special program. yey..) but this one is really getting on my nerves. I just can't get 100% without finishing the taxi missions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users