Photo

[WIP] Myriad Public Library

46 replies to this topic
spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 30 March 2005 - 07:20 PM

Decay, his library is nothing like yours, and you scrapped your library.

Decay
  • Decay

Blind Pimp

• Members

Posted 31 March 2005 - 05:47 AM

QUOTE (spaceeinstein @ Mar 30 2005, 13:20)
Decay, his library is nothing like yours, and you scrapped your library.

The exterior is exactly identical to mine. The interiour.. no.

WTF!? blink.gif

I hope your joking, right?
After a lot of work I put into this lot, I take that as an insult.

If you wish to take it as an insult, then you may, but I was just stating the obvious.

mickarrow
  • mickarrow

---

• Members

Posted 31 March 2005 - 02:10 PM Edited by mickarrow, 31 March 2005 - 07:17 PM.

WTF?! 'If you wish to take it as an insult...'

Yes I take that as an insult. You basically call me a thief!!

Over the past 4 months I've put A LOT of my spare time in this lot. I made sketches, basic drawings, I have over 500 Zanoza files, over 200 textures , and you, AFTER 4 monts, come in and the only thing you gotta say is: you copied my design. WICH I HAVE NOT. I never seen your design. Then how can I copy it.

What strikes me odd is that 4 months ago, the first quick (very quick) model was shown in the lot request. You said nothing. Over the past 4 months there have been pics in the PPT. Again you said nothing. Now, when it's done, you say: 'you copied..' and that's it. That's just lame, man. Very lame...

Man, I had respect for you for all the work you've done for Myriad.
Well, that's gone..

Basically, I think you very much regret the fact that someone made what looks like something you wanted to make once. You're just jealous cause I did what you didn't.

PLUS, now look what you've done. This was supposed to be about the library. MY library. You couldn't handle that or what? Throwing dirt on my name.......
...tsss....that's just said.

@ Everyone else: I apologize for my language. I never intented this to be a bash-topic. Just ask yourself: how would you react if this happened to you.

Vercetti Gangsta
  • Vercetti Gangsta

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 31 March 2005 - 02:23 PM

Easy, easy Mickarrow!
I personally don't think that Mickarrow has stolen Decays design.

I don't remember Decays library being like this one. It's alot different!
Decay, can you please post a picture of your old library??

Then well see who is wrong.

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 March 2005 - 03:42 PM

To be honest Decays library was similar, however it was scrapped and it's obvious Mickarow did not steal the design

So all i gotta say is amazing work Mick and stfu decay bored.gif

Decay
  • Decay

Blind Pimp

• Members

Posted 01 April 2005 - 03:09 AM Edited by Decay, 01 April 2005 - 04:14 AM.

QUOTE (caponester @ Mar 31 2005, 09:42)
To be honest Decays library was similar, however it was scrapped and it's obvious Mickarow did not steal the design

So all i gotta say is amazing work Mick and stfu decay  bored.gif

Your pointless comments amuse me.

@ VG- Sure... I will post pics as soon as I find them.

@ mick- I don't really care what you think. I rarely come online anymore due to working plus working. Oh.. and having a life outside of the intraweb. And as I said.... The exterior is exactly the same... exact structure plus the glass dome on the roof.

Oh, and if you don't believe me, Rk backs me up. Not that it really matters because hes my bro.

EDIT- Couldn't find a pic but I found the beta version. Install it as you please.

Library

EDIT 2- Mick, your library looks great, dont get me wrong.. except that with that many windows.. theres no support and it would collapse if someone sneezed.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 01 April 2005 - 04:23 AM Edited by spaceeinstein, 01 April 2005 - 04:26 AM.

Hmmm...
user posted image

AH CRAP! I spent HALF AN HOUR trying to find the library on my discs. The only similarity is the dome. Nothing else.

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 April 2005 - 11:01 AM

Decay your an idiot

Nuff said bored.gif

Vercetti Gangsta
  • Vercetti Gangsta

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 01 April 2005 - 12:08 PM

QUOTE (caponester @ Apr 1 2005, 11:01)
Decay your an idiot

Nuff said bored.gif

Decays is not an idiot!

Anyway, if i look at the screens the only thing that seems familiar with mickarrows library, is the dome.

Thanks for the screens Spaceeinstein!

mickarrow
  • mickarrow

---

• Members

Posted 01 April 2005 - 12:40 PM

I'm not going to say if Decay's an idiot or not. Fact is he acts like he's superior or something, saying one-liners and then leaves. He just did that again with Caponester by saying 'Your pointless comments amuse me'.
Jeez, how far away can you be.

Thanks for the screens Spaceeinstein.

You may believe it or not, it's the first time I see this. And the only resembling things are:
-the sign saying: 'Public Library'. Mmmh, since that's the name for such buildings, maybe we should all be more carefull. Next thing you know you can't make a police office with the word 'police' on it 'cause anyone who ever made a police office can say you copied that word from his/her design.
-the dome: I guess we can't use domes anymore now. That's a shame.
I got an idea: maybe Decay stole the idea for using a dome from Odies lot. And I must say, people are using very similar cube-like shapes around Myriad. That's suspecious I think. They're all copying from each other.

As for the rest, your library has got NOTHING to do with mine. Where's the transparancy? The big stairs? The light colors? The open-spaced conference room?....For short: where's the concept??

You know, now I've seen it the only thing I can say about you is you were acting stupid. That's why I gave this stupid reply.
I edited out the cuzz words in my previous post, 'cause well, I got way too upset with something that now, now I've seen what your talking about, appears very trivial.

As for the people who await the library: I guess I got some things messed up by making new cols for it after it was prelit. Gforce has said he'll look into it.
Don't worry. You'll get it xmas.gif

Decay
  • Decay

Blind Pimp

• Members

Posted 01 April 2005 - 01:45 PM

Your taking this way too serious. It doesnt matter how identical they look. I scraped mine, and I just think that the exteriour looked similar. I was not accusing you of stealing... well.. not exactly... and I apologize for offending you.

Gforce
  • Gforce

"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 April 2005 - 03:59 PM

Chill pills all round i think lol.gif

anyway i smell a release coming, Mick you have a PM wink.gif

mickarrow
  • mickarrow

---

• Members

Posted 01 April 2005 - 06:24 PM Edited by mickarrow, 01 April 2005 - 06:27 PM.

@ Decay: (took some chill pills smile.gif ) Apologies accepted.

@Gforce: Thank you! biggrin.gif

@Everyone: RELEASE!

Myriad Public Library

There are two or three lamppost wich should be removed, but that'll be something for monday. This weekend I haven't got access to my files or my Myriad installs. So I haven't really tested the download myself, but I have every faith in Gforce who put it all together and also gets credit for the prelighting.

Hope you like it.
Why don't you post some screenshots so I myself can see how it looks smile.gif

Edit : can someone change the topic title to 'release'. thank you smile.gif

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 01 April 2005 - 06:26 PM

I would recommend starting a new topic for a release, it will be more noticeable.

mickarrow
  • mickarrow

---

• Members

Posted 01 April 2005 - 06:28 PM

You posted just when I edited, damn that's close. smile.gif

If the topic title was changed, don't you think that'll do the trick?

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 01 April 2005 - 06:30 PM

As the topic has got to 3 pages I think it would be more noticeable to have a new topic, but if you want me just to change the topic name of this one 'tis your call?

mickarrow
  • mickarrow

---

• Members

Posted 01 April 2005 - 06:40 PM

Yeah, briefly thought about, 'guess you're right. New topic coming up in a moment.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users