Adrenalist
  • Adrenalist

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

^
Lol

Looking good HD. I'm about to get back to it. Been a while....
  • HeavyDuke likes this

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted A week ago

^
Lol

Looking good HD. I'm about to get back to it. Been a while....

Thanks man, good luck with rebooting! IMO its always hard when you've got to start pretty much over again. The loss of power can be quite a lot even if you've been out of the game a couple of months.

Aussie_Hunter
  • Aussie_Hunter

All hail our Lord and Savior the Hunter!

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

I noticed that loss of power and had to start back a fair bit when I fell off my bike and broke my ribs a few months ago. Didn't go near the gym for a good portion of that...even well after when I was doing things like chest fly's i could feel things pulling in the ribs and was bloody awkward. Riding was tough too, not been able to breath deeply properly (i started riding within a few weeks otherwise I would've gotten as big as a house).

Started doing PT again with my wife with her trainer who just doesn't let up. Its good though, I haven't done PT for a few years and I was in a good mood that I hadn't felt for awhile as I had beehn feeling a bit flat. Riding is my thing though, I'll do about 26 k's a day to and from work. Looking to do a bit more at the gym strength wise.

• Audi and HeavyDuke like this

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted A week ago Edited by HeavyDuke, A week ago.

ll :). Day one - 71KG, Today 78KG. I havent been this happy in years.[/spoiler]

Good going man, Now its just a matter of keeping it up along with a healthy as possible diet and you'll get better and better.

I was doing things like chest fly's i could feel things pulling in the ribs and was bloody awkward.

What you felt was the damaging of muscle tissue and you should have stopped doing that right away. Fly's are one of the most dangerous exercises to pull off. You're way better off simply doing dumbell presses. Especially if you've been out of the game for even a short amount of time. Doing flies will stretch the muscle way to much and in a very prone to injury angle as well. If you did the fly any more heavy, that pulling things in the chest would have gone into a full tear and they would have had to gut your chest open and reattach the entire peck muscle and you would have been out of the game for well over a year before even being able to do anything upper body related.

I had a partial pec tear, its disguisting how it feels. Trust me, breaking a bone feels better then this, heals faster to.

Aussie_Hunter
  • Aussie_Hunter

All hail our Lord and Savior the Hunter!

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

Don't know why I called them chest fly's...it was actually barbell chest presses I was doing with the machine, not free weights ( I remember now that it was the act of laying down flat on the bench that was doing the pulling...I stopped shortly after). Not sure how I got those two mixed up! I haven't done chest fly's in so long, precisely because of the potential for such injuries. 

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted A week ago Edited by HeavyDuke, A week ago.

Don't know why I called them chest fly's...it was actually barbell chest presses I was doing with the machine, not free weights ( I remember now that it was the act of laying down flat on the bench that was doing the pulling...I stopped shortly after). Not sure how I got those two mixed up! I haven't done chest fly's in so long, precisely because of the potential for such injuries. 

When you do them on a machine to heavy, you often put stress on the muscle fibers the wrong way because you force a weight thats being guided into a direction slightly off with your own strenght. This then causes fibers to tear and thats what you feel. You will feel/hear tears mostly in between the pecs or at the outsides.

I had a chest tear and boy did it suck. Lost so much gains. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users