1,847 replies to this topic
El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 11 July 2016 - 04:53 PM

dunno if y'all noticed, but Eddie Hall just smashed the deadlift world record.

500kg, about 1100 pounds.

• epoxi, 018361, Triple Vacuum Seal and 1 other like this

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Shum Shum, Schlippity Dup.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2016 - 12:42 AM

That's insane.. the most I've ever deadlifted was 320 lbs back in high school, and he's doing more than three times that weight. Bravo.

I gotta say, it's been a pretty good month for me. Last month I was up to 198 lbs, but after playing basketball for two straight days and getting back into a groove after recovering from some tenderness, I'm down to the mid to lower 180's. I tore my shoes apart today during basketball from cutting and slashing too much, but that was really my fault since they weren't basketball shoes to begin with. :p

Something I plan on doing more is ladder drills. I was doing them quite a bit last year before school took my time up. These workouts are really fun, and my personal favorite is the Ickey Shuffle. If you play basketball or any sports on grass, I recommend these as it'll help tremendously with your agility, plus they're insane for cardio.

In full action:

Randall-Cobb.gif

• UshaB and TaylorTheCreator like this

X S
  • X S

80's Baby

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Miss Los Santos Host Extraordinaire

Posted 14 July 2016 - 04:37 AM

Holy sh*t, my asshole hurts just watching it.

• 018361 and Sir Michael like this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 14 July 2016 - 06:17 AM Edited by El Diablo, 14 July 2016 - 06:20 AM.

a better angle.

you can see where the blood begins to stream out of his nose when he goes for the lockout. he just collapses and passes out from the pressure within moments of dropping the weight. ridiculous.

• Sir Michael likes this

Bondi Blu
  • Bondi Blu

"god f*cking damnit bondi you got weird im out bye"

• Zaibatsu
  • Indonesia

Posted 14 July 2016 - 02:59 PM

I got painful cramps after I did four set of sit-ups (1 set = 100) and then coughed while I was standing up. The pain still lingers until now. Is there any way to reduce the chances of cramps after doing sit-up?

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Love For Sale

• The Lost MC
  • Unknown

Posted 14 July 2016 - 03:18 PM

I got painful cramps after I did four set of sit-ups (1 set = 100) and then coughed while I was standing up. The pain still lingers until now. Is there any way to reduce the chances of cramps after doing sit-up?

100 reps of sit-ups? Thats great man. (Assuming you were doing them right).. :p

Where are you getting the cramps? I think if you are feeling pain and you're coughing then you should go easier and lower the reps or the sets.

Bondi Blu
  • Bondi Blu

"god f*cking damnit bondi you got weird im out bye"

• Zaibatsu
  • Indonesia

Posted 14 July 2016 - 04:30 PM

Sorry, I mean 10, not 100.

I usually get cramps in my abdomen after sit-up, and it's painful enough to make me scream.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Love For Sale

• The Lost MC
  • Unknown

Posted 14 July 2016 - 05:56 PM Edited by Majestic81, 14 July 2016 - 06:06 PM.

I think you should ask a doctor if it's that serious. Because that's definitely not normal.

"Bad characteristics covered in Christs blood"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2016 - 11:56 PM

After weeks of seeing no progress I am happy to report that I have lost a whopping 9 pounds. It isn't much but it's a step in the right direction. I WILL keep this progress going and lose the extra weight! I was able to lose over 150 lbs before and I know I can do it again and lose even more. I am determined, I am willing, and I am willpower!

• UshaB and Midnight Hitman like this

Buckminsterfullerene
  • Buckminsterfullerene

JOHNNIE TEE IN THE HOUSE

• Members
  • Senegal

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:25 AM

After weeks of seeing no progress I am happy to report that I have lost a whopping 9 pounds. It isn't much but it's a step in the right direction. I WILL keep this progress going and lose the extra weight! I was able to lose over 150 lbs before and I know I can do it again and lose even more. I am determined, I am willing, and I am willpower!

I love the enthusiasm, keep at it.
  • 018361 likes this

Marwin
  • Marwin

Cyclical Shtick

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Norway
  • Kenny G Enthusiast [All Time]
    Contribution [Music]

Posted 24 September 2016 - 10:39 PM

I've lost between 85 and 90 lbs in the last year which has left some areas, especially the chest, pretty flabby. Is there something I can do to "tighten" stuff up? 

• Midnight Hitman likes this

Midnight Hitman
  • Midnight Hitman

No Time To Bleed

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Unwanted Medal 2016

Posted 25 September 2016 - 02:42 AM Edited by Midnight Hitman, 25 September 2016 - 02:45 AM.

I've lost between 85 and 90 lbs in the last year which has left some areas, especially the chest, pretty flabby. Is there something I can do to "tighten" stuff up? 

May wanna try to join the YMCA? You just have to work out some more and get rid of the extra body mass. i know some people who did this and they look pretty good.

Oldman_Jenkins
  • Oldman_Jenkins

I'm glad I gave up farming

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 September 2016 - 06:12 AM

Lift more... do lighter weight with 2-3 sets of 10-12 then do your last set until failure. This builds muscle endurance and tones you up. Make sure you take little rest in between sets to up your stamina, but keep your form proper, that's everything.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Love For Sale

• The Lost MC
  • Unknown

Posted 25 September 2016 - 11:12 AM Edited by Majestic81, 25 September 2016 - 11:12 AM.

Just do pushups if its the chest area you wanna tone. There is no magic pill for that stuff other than exercise. Do 10, or whatever your maximum number is right now.. and then gradually up that number.

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Best Poster [Vehicles] 2015
    Best Poster [Vehicles] 2014

Posted 25 September 2016 - 05:48 PM Edited by epoxi, 25 September 2016 - 05:49 PM.

The only thing I can think of is increasing your muscle mass to fill the extra skin, but I hope the heavy diet involved in muscle building wouldn't risk you making mistakes and undoing all your hard work to get this far. I guess creatine puffs up your muscles as they are (due to increased water retention) but I don't know if creatine supplements should be used by someone not on a bodybuilding exercise and diet regime.

If it's that serious you could look into surgery to tidy up what's there, it would be a good incentive to you to keep up the good work and a formal confirmation of what you have achieved (assuming you still haven't got more weight to lose). Surgery is expensive of course and should be avoided if you can simply make lifestyle changes to fix it. I would speak to your usual doctor, show them your situation and ask them what options you have to address the exact degree of your transformation.

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Neon_Dreaming, A week ago.

Going to bump this because I found this online strength and conditioning booklet. It contains a few sample workouts which are similar bar the rep amounts per set, however what appeals to me is the diagrams showing correct form for numerous exercises. Several of the exercises are bodyweight and the others only require basic equipment.
It's supposed to be a guide to reach a certain benchmark of fitness within the military but I think it's a useful resource for any fitness level.
Here's the link.
http://www.uscg.mil/sapr/docs/pdf/SFASprep book.pdf

Edit: End of link acting up, if you're interested copy and paste the entire link into your search engine, it should be the first result.
  • UshaB likes this

UshaB
  • UshaB

"Pain is only temporary. Quitting lasts forever."

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago Edited by UshaB, A week ago.

The weight training workouts themselves look alright, I assume there is little to no rest between each set. My only problem is, it has like 3 major muscle body parts targeted (Chest, back and legs) in one day and then you train them just 2 days later. One's recovery period would feel pretty sh*tty. Although, it is the Army so it should be pretty intense so no excuses I guess.

I reckon I'd just be sh*t at the running part. I can only sprint, I can't do long distance. Would be rough.

• Neon_Dreaming likes this

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Love For Sale

• The Lost MC
  • Unknown

Posted A week ago

Anything army related isn't usually very scientific or well thought out. Usually they want soldiers to endure for long periods of time, and so that's the goal of most military workouts and training. There are no considerations for having injuries or overtraining the body or any of that. A lot of it is to develop mental toughness. And they usually have the "push it to the limit" mentality.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users