Muscle And Fitness

1,896 replies to this topic
Synthol
  • Synthol

Credit:purevil101

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 March 2016 - 12:36 AM

No it wont. What kind of logic is that? Its not just a one time process. Not even steroids are a one time process. Once you're off whatever you are taking. You're deflated. Whatever "edge" they were giving you is over.

So? Your actual strength and lean muscle mass will be 100% the same, so long as you're still eating properly and continue to work out.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Big Homie

• The Lost MC
  • Unknown

Posted 07 March 2016 - 12:40 AM

No it wont. What kind of logic is that? Its not just a one time process. Not even steroids are a one time process. Once you're off whatever you are taking. You're deflated. Whatever "edge" they were giving you is over.

So? Your actual strength and lean muscle mass will be 100% the same, so long as you're still eating properly and continue to work out.

You cant be serious..

Go figure out how they work then start talking about them mate. You've got no idea how creatine or steroids function.

Synthol
  • Synthol

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 March 2016 - 12:48 AM

You cant be serious..

Go figure out how they work then start talking about them mate. You've got no idea how creatine or steroids function.

Your OP said "creatine and protein supplements", you dense egghead. 

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Big Homie

• The Lost MC
  • Unknown

Posted 07 March 2016 - 12:53 AM Edited by Majestic81, 07 March 2016 - 12:54 AM.

You cant be serious..

Your OP said "creatine and protein supplements", you dense egghead. 

"Creatine and protein supplements", "Creatine and steroids". Regardless. You've got no idea how any of them work and you're just playing expert on the internet.

I tire of this conversation. Take care now mate.

Synthol
  • Synthol

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 March 2016 - 12:57 AM

Hey, guys, if you stop supplements all da muscle mass go poof.
  • epoxi and Payne Killer like this

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 07 March 2016 - 03:10 PM

Totally. 

Seriously though, supplements IMO are overrated. They are only worth it if you can't get enough proteine out of your regular food.

• Distrom likes this

krypt0s
  • krypt0s

Ice-Nine

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2016 - 04:00 AM Edited by Mr.Monk, 08 March 2016 - 04:01 AM.

While cycling, the pedals look like a furious swimmer back stroking.

Didn't know where to post and this thread seemed optimal.

OT: I do workout my arms and shoulders regularly with the dumbbell and cycle for 30 minutes. It's a good boost to the day along with the meditation.

Synthol
  • Synthol

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2016 - 11:35 AM

Totally. 

Seriously though, supplements IMO are overrated. They are only worth it if you can't get enough proteine out of your regular food.

They're not overrated. It's very difficult getting enough creatine without supplements.

drifter.
  • drifter.

eh.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 March 2016 - 11:10 PM

I've noticed I'm losing muscle in my arms, but not weight from areas I want to lose weight.

So instead of cutting I guess I have try the cut and bulk at the same time method

Hell No..
  • Hell No..

OG

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Wales

Posted 27 March 2016 - 10:34 AM

Got a new PB on the half marathon yesterday. 2:17:14. Happy. 11 mins quicker than I was last October. Working for a sub 2 hours.

12417730_10156736557920215_2813696462642

• epoxi, Triple Vacuum Seal and UshaB like this

drifter.
  • drifter.

eh.

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 March 2016 - 04:21 AM

I've been getting skinnier and it's been translating to my face. Yet my nose is staying the same size. I feel like snuffleupagus.

Also, my right knee really starts to hurt when I run.

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

I'm lost at sea, don't bother me.

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 March 2016 - 04:34 AM Edited by MikeMyth, 29 March 2016 - 04:45 AM.

A healthy, consistent diet is too costly for me. Unless someone has cheap alternatives or options, I was wondering which supplements I should start using? I was thinking about Bulk 1340, I tried my friend's and it tasted amazing... probably not a good reason to use it though, but he put on some weight (both lifting and mass lol) and seeing as I'm pretty light I've been considered it.

Dealux
  • Dealux

Goddess Of Light

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 31 March 2016 - 04:58 PM

What are your thoughts on protein powders and stuff like that? I think milk based protein powders are useless for me since I am almost certain I have lactose intolerance and the powder I was using was giving me symptoms similar to those I had while consuming milk.

What other non-milk based alternatives are there? (I tried some vegan protein stuff but it wasn't the kind that you could mix in your drinks, at least not successfully so)

krypt0s
  • krypt0s

Ice-Nine

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2016 - 05:20 PM

Milk,banana and
wRyqfcu.jpg

Works great for me.

X S
  • X S

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Miss Los Santos Host Extraordinaire

Posted 31 March 2016 - 10:54 PM

Try GNC's Wheybolic 60.  Almost no dairy in it, and good for lean muscle building if you buy the Ripped version instead of the Power version, which is for bulk mass.

http://www.gnc.com/G...oductId=3509954

Dealux
  • Dealux

Goddess Of Light

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 01 April 2016 - 04:02 AM Edited by Kristian., 01 April 2016 - 04:03 AM.

Pretty sure everything whey based is off limits for me. I tried something similar to that and I think I did get some stomach problems from it (it's not always obvious but being unable to digest the stuff means that it is useless for me).

X S
  • X S

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:26 PM

I'm telling you, I had the same problems.  I would be sitting in class at night and my f*cking guts kept making noises.  It was embarrassing and hilarious at the same time, but once I switched over to Wheybolic, I never had a problem again.

I was doing the vegan protein for a period of time, but that sh*t is garbage.  You're better off eating a teaspoon of peanut butter, to be honest.  Wheybolic is made from whey, but it's very high quality, so you don't have to worry about it giving you gastrointestinal issues.  Just try it.

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

If you ♥ the $, then prepare to die for it.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 01 April 2016 - 10:40 PM

Peanut butter is definitely the way to go if you're too lactose intolerant for dairy and too $plurge intolerant for constant meat intake.  It sucks to eat it everyday but I guess you just have to treat it like a chore.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Big Homie

• The Lost MC
  • Unknown

Posted 01 April 2016 - 11:09 PM

Vegan protein is good (Beans for example). Animal protein you can get from eggs. Chicken eggs are really helpful and are packed with protein and nutrition. Meat/Fish are also good.

ArmyRaidFail404
  • ArmyRaidFail404

Welcome to the Union

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 April 2016 - 12:17 AM

I recently joined the low-carb crusade. This includes the massacre of all things bread. Sadly though, I've never realised just how much we use bread.

When I refer to bread, I mean grains in general (unless otherwise specified by me saying a loaf or slice of bread.)

Think about how many burgers and pizzas you eat. They have many things in common, including that they are both classified as fast food, generally unhealthy etc. etc. but the one thing that they have in common is that you don't generally pick the toppings off of the pizza to eat the base, nor do you take out the patty from a burger to eat the buns.

I miss these foods. Mainly because they can be healthy if given the chance. Now if you believe the same thing I believe (fact for all you straightforward people who don't like sugar coating) you'd know that the most unhealthiest part of the burger and the pizza is bread. But in order to have them, it needs to include the platform for the toppings. That is, bread.

So then. What can substitute for bread in the sense of an edible platform food?

X S
  • X S

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 02 April 2016 - 05:42 AM

I've been there, but the problem with low carb diets is that you begin starving yourself of much needed carbohydrates.  You will have to find alternate sources of energy, which is why I did the Keto diet for 6 months a while back.  Loaded up on fats for 5 days a week and then binged on carbs and low fats during the weekend.  I had some good results, but you risk your cholesterol health, so it's definitely not something you can do forever.  It's a temporary weight-loss technique.

Here's a good primer on it: http://www.ruled.me/guide-keto-diet/

You want my opinion from experience, though?  Just lower your fats and caloric intake to lose weight.  Carbs won't matter when you're depriving your body of calories.  Period.  When you don't eat, you lose weight.  That's a fact.  The problem is that many people will lower their caloric intake and eat pizza/burgers when they do eat.  This defeats the purpose, because then your body will begin to store the fats for energy instead of burning it.

TC.
  • TC.

Player Hater

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 April 2016 - 08:22 AM

I recently joined the low-carb crusade. This includes the massacre of all things bread. Sadly though, I've never realised just how much we use bread.

When I refer to bread, I mean grains in general (unless otherwise specified by me saying a loaf or slice of bread.)

Think about how many burgers and pizzas you eat. They have many things in common, including that they are both classified as fast food, generally unhealthy etc. etc. but the one thing that they have in common is that you don't generally pick the toppings off of the pizza to eat the base, nor do you take out the patty from a burger to eat the buns.

I miss these foods. Mainly because they can be healthy if given the chance. Now if you believe the same thing I believe (fact for all you straightforward people who don't like sugar coating) you'd know that the most unhealthiest part of the burger and the pizza is bread. But in order to have them, it needs to include the platform for the toppings. That is, bread.

So then. What can substitute for bread in the sense of an edible platform food?

If you're looking to drop weight then combine a heavy weight training session with roughly 20 mins HIIT. 

Do not cut fat completely from your diet as then your body will begin to burn muscle as a primary source of energy - giving you an unhealthy, gaunt, depleted appearance.

I've cut from 13.2st in January down to 12st doing both weights & HIIT. I get my fats from fish and snack on almonds or brazil nuts in between meals. Meals need to have a large protein base served with greens as a side. I also drink about 4 litres of water a day as well as 2 cups of green tea (as well as numerous trips to the toilet..). I always eat enough to ensure I'm about 80% full after meals.

I only follow my "clean" diet Mon-Fri and relax and treat myself to a pizza or burger on a weekends without overdoing it.

Preferably - if you can - train in a fasted state first thing in the morning to kick start your body's fat burning.

I've only been hitting the gym since January, so I am still a novice when it comes to dieting & training, so I can only recommend the training routine & diet that I followed for the past few months.

• UshaB likes this

MyName'sJeff
  • MyName'sJeff

Schmidt f*cked the Captain's daughter!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 April 2016 - 09:45 PM

Depends on the definition of losing weight. Do you just want to simply lose weight without any additional hassle? First cut down your calorie intake significantly, and then start doing cardio. When you start off cardio, go slowly and increase the resistance and time overtime. You'll lose weight as well as the fat you have around your belly. If you want to lose weight AND get ripped, you have to train at the same time. High reps and low weights is the basic fundamental of the definition of getting ripped. Just search it up and you'll find the workouts you need to do and the one's that you want to do if you want.

• Majestic81 likes this

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2016 - 02:49 AM

I started using Bulk 1340, and I'm really liking it. Looking forward to seeing some progress.. hopefully.

Synthol
  • Synthol

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2016 - 03:49 PM

I started using Bulk 1340, and I'm really liking it. Looking forward to seeing some progress.. hopefully.

That looks like some pretty intense sh*t lol. What's your current overall mass and muscle mass?

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2016 - 07:47 AM

That looks like some pretty intense sh*t lol. What's your current overall mass and muscle mass?
I honestly don't know how to tell. I'm right under 140 lbs rn though. My gym buddy used it and put on a good 10-15 pounds and he obviously gained more muscle as well, he went up around 20 lbs average on every machine. I'm using it because I want to bulk up so it's easier to put on muscle. I've always had a fast metabolism so I'm used to being skinny.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Jo Nškyvi Pohjan Portit

• European-Union
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 26 April 2016 - 08:22 AM

Anyone got any tips on stretches and exercises to help alleviate rotator cuff injuries? I broke my left shoulder a few years ago, and since then I've had intermittent rotator cuff issues, usually when I'm working out more frequently. I've been getting guidance on technique to make sure I'm not doing stuff wrong so that side of things is covered.

UshaB
  • UshaB

Nacho Libre - "I wanna weeeeeen!"

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 April 2016 - 10:17 AM

Anyone got any tips on stretches and exercises to help alleviate rotator cuff injuries?

There are the basics like just resting the shoulder and taking anti-inflammatory drugs. But the ones that really help me is using the ice and heat method.

I ice it first for like 10 mins and wait like an hour and do it again, and then later on the day I'll use hot water to heat up a small towel (whatever works for you ) and place on the area. That's the only thing that's helped me heal quickly in that situation. 

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

If you ♥ the $, then prepare to die for it.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 28 April 2016 - 12:39 AM

During cardio, I feel more oxygenated when I periodically take a half exhalation and then deeply inhale again before fully exhaling.  Am I onto something or is this just a placebo?

krypt0s
  • krypt0s

Ice-Nine

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2016 - 03:32 AM

I got calluses (of the guitar fingers type) on my palms and I wear gym gloves for them too. They still hurt pretty bad. Any way to not worsen those?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users