Chargr
  • Chargr

★★★★★

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:00 PM

all kindddzzz of gains

are you a miscer

aware

putting aside the political fights we have, whats your username over there?

memcop srs.

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:44 AM

all kindddzzz of gains

are you a miscer

aware

putting aside the political fights we have, whats your username over there?

memcop srs.

I want to be leaf. 

y u ban calisthenicsm8 tho?

In Bed With Jed
  • In Bed With Jed

=A=

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:13 PM Edited by Jedi., 23 June 2014 - 04:13 PM.

I tried finding a similar sort of thread using the search engine but couldn't find anything. I'm going to assume one either doesn't exist or its buried way into the pages. So, any gym enthusiasts on these forums? How long have you been going? What's your routine? What's your diet? Y'know, discuss gym stuff.

Arnie-body-duilder.jpg

Spadge007
  • Spadge007

Low-rider

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:30 PM

I waited for this one !

I'm practising sport since ever, tennis and swimming. Since 3 years I'm also in the gym.

Monday : Pectorals. 3 machines for all muscles types.

Tuesday : Leg day 4 machines for all muscle types + cycling, tennis or swimming. I hate the leg day, so I'll just do that stuff instead.

Wednsesday : Back 4 machines for all the back muscle types

Thurdsay : Shoulders and Trapeze. 3 exercises for each shoulder muscle + 2 different for the trapeze (one different each week)

Friday or Saturday : Abs. Crunch, plank, leg raises, side crunches + biceps.

Usually 5*10 repetitions.

Week-end : rest.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Trouble Man

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:18 PM

I stick to four days a week in the gym with weights, weekends off. I've done this ever since I got proper equipment two years ago.

Started messing around with weights when I was 13 or 14. We didn't have any proper gear so I learned the basics with some sh*t we took off a building site. Then I got one of those York barbell sets and away I was, buying extra weights as and when I needed them. Struggled with equipment when we moved, so I improvised for a while then put together our home gym.

Diet? Steak, potatoes, side of scrambled eggs with bacon, can of Guinness - three times a day. I'll slam a choccie milk with whey powder drink after finishing and spoon olive oil before bed.

My routine is pretty much Upper Body on Monday, Lower Body on Tuesday and then rinse and repeat on Thursday and Friday.

HUGOHL
  • HUGOHL

In my heaven, there are no gods.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:26 PM

Yep, there was a thread, it is buried now.
I've been going to the gym since February, last year.
My current routine is
Mon-chest/triceps
Tue-legs
Wed-back/shoulders
Thursday-full body
Friday-legs
Sat-back
Sun-couch day

It's kinda heavy cuz it's mostly supersets
Supersets on leg day are a heavenly hell

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu
  • Contribution Award [Sports]

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:29 PM Edited by Max, 23 June 2014 - 05:29 PM.

We actually have a thread already that just needed a bump. Here.

Sometimes the search function is a little hit and miss. :^:
  • HUGOHL likes this

In Bed With Jed
  • In Bed With Jed

=A=

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:54 PM Edited by Jedi., 23 June 2014 - 06:19 PM.

We actually have a thread already that just needed a bump. Here.

Sometimes the search function is a little hit and miss. :^:

Bastard.  :p Maybe we should just let that thread rest in peace? It'd be far too inhumane to post in it after all this time.  :pp I think my loophole is going to be that this thread is dedicated to the structure and architect of a gym itself. Definitely not about routines, health and fitness.  :whistle:

EDIT:

Fair dues. You win this time.  :lol:

Rhaegar
  • Rhaegar

The Last Dragon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:25 PM

Going to the gym is a waste of money, you can exercise perfectly well using your own body weight ;)

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:27 AM Edited by F4L?, 22 July 2014 - 11:27 AM.

I tried finding a similar sort of thread using the search engine but couldn't find anything. I'm going to assume one either doesn't exist or its buried way into the pages. So, any gym enthusiasts on these forums? How long have you been going? What's your routine? What's your diet? Y'know, discuss gym stuff.

Arnie-body-duilder.jpg

Love the picture, Schwarzenegger is my favourite.

Anyway, My workouts vary quite often, I am somewhat of a hard-gainer, or I was, but lately it's been getting easier, which is good because I stopped working out for quite some time and was worried that I'd have to bust my ass at work to pay for the ridiculous amounts of food I ate, and bust my ass in the gym too!, but often it will go like this:

Monday = Back + Biceps day, warm up is usually some upside down sit-ups and unweighted pull-ups, I can currently do between 20 and sometimes even 40 on a really good day.

• Weighted Pull-ups (Wide, close, middle) and a few other variations 4- 8 sets, I avoid Chin ups because they stress my wrists too much.
  • Deadlifts, just the regular kind, one of my favourite exercises, the other forms I don't like so much - 5 x 5
  • Bent over Dumbell Rows 3-4 sets which also nail the rear delts, Serratus Anterior and the rhomboids which are good for shoulder health.
  • Shrugs 4 sets
  • Bicep Curls with an ez-curl bar, I probably only do two sets of these, my biceps have always responded very quickly to any kind of workouts, and I don't want to look like a body attached to two arms instead of the other way around. Plus Pull ups and rows hit the biceps pretty hard.

Lately I've been cutting down the pull-ups and doing some more trap work, I occasionally throw in an overhead press for that purpose on my back day because the lats tend to overpower the lats and then give you a baseball posture as shown here: 

shoulders.jpg

​Tuesday Or Wednesday = Chest + Forearms. I do Chest on Tuesdays because Monday I have a lot of Pulling movements and will still be tired from that, Chest is a lot of Pushing movements and I can really pump those out well after back day. Plus I like to do Deadlifts on my leg day as well sometimes and I don't want to do two days worth of deadlifts because they deplete the CNS pretty hard. I warm up for chest day with some shadow boxing, and clapping push-ups.

• Weighted Push-ups with Grips (Save the wrist) I keep grip towards the middle because wide grip then to aggravate the rotator cuff, that's an injury I do not want. I do 6- 8 sets of this.
  • Scapula Push-ups to keep my serratus anterior nice and strong to keep my scapulae pressed against my back, I've had some winging in the past. 4 sets.
  • Dumbell Press, Dumbells are so much gentler on the Rotator Cuff area I've found, So i've ditched the barbell for the most part, I'll bring it back later on when I am confident my shoulder joints are rock solid, I haven't had an injury and intend to keep it that way. I do about 6 sets of these.
  • Dumbell Pullover. My favourite chest and triceps excercise, you lie down flat on a bench, and pull the dumbell over your head with both arms, it also hits the lats, rear delts, abs, and traps a bit (don't quote me on the traps).
  • Forearm curls, both directions, I do 3-4 sets of these generally, I used to have a hand strengthener too but I lost it.

Wednesday or Thursday = Legs + Shoulders I pair these two up because Shoulders don't really need their own day, at least not every single week, people do too much shoulder work (usually in the form of shoulder press, Front raises, and and chest pushing excercise) and I find they can get overworked in the wrong way quite often, I never do front raises because pretty much all my chest excercises hit it, and shoulder press I leave out sometimes to focus on the medial, and rear deltoid heads, they are too often neglected , and because they're small I can easily fit them in with legs.

• I usually start with a steep uphill bike ride, my bike is a single speed as well, so it really hammers my calves and legs.
  • Deadlifts 5 x 5
  • Squats or Leg Press. 5 x 5 for squats, about 8 reps for the leg press. Now this depends, If I do squats, I often skip the deadlifts, but I really prefer deadlifts and Leg Press, squats put so much stress in the middle of your spine it's ridiculous, it always worries me, I love the burn I get from it though.
  • Uphill running. I live on a steep hillside, with plenty of rocks to get decent footing, sprinting up there really hits the calves, and as ridiculous as it sounds, adding a little push to the end of every step when walking around normally during the day to make your calves helps a lot as well, Schwarzenegger said himself he did it to build his calves, I believe repetition throughout the whole day every day really does add muscle.
  • Shoulder press (optional) only 4 sets
  • Bent over rear deltoid raises. I drop the pride and do about 6 sets of these, keeps your shoulders pinned back and rotate your hand ( and shoulder, not just at the wrist) so your thumb faces the roof right at the end of the lift, and these often get neglected.
  • Side deltoid raise. Shoulders pinned back, squeezing the dumbells just lifting straight up the sides, I do about 5-6 sets of these.

I focus more the smaller shoulder exercises that the larger ones, stable shoulders are the base of all gains I think, the shoulders are involved in every kind of upper body lift.

Friday = Smaller movements and strengthening exercises. I throw in some Ab work on this day sometimes, Abs I used to focus on, but I found it pointless, deadlifts really hit them, and pull ups and rows.

• Scapula Push-ups.
  • Wall slides
  • Face pulls
  • Med ball throws 
  • limited pullovers
  • Standing cable pull
  • Various stretches.

With all that said, I find it annoying how many people neglect their shoulder health, we have a hoarde of poor form, crucially weak lifters everywhere creating more problems than they are fixing, it's frustrating to watch.

Marwin Moody
  • Marwin Moody

u in da mood?

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Norway

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:50 PM

Is walking at a medium-fast pace for an hour 2 times a day good for you in a 'noticable' way?

J-B
  • J-B

Two Faced

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:10 PM

Is walking at a medium-fast pace for an hour 2 times a day good for you in a 'noticable' way?

As long as your nutrition is on point then yeah.

You could climb a mountain everyday, but if your nutrition is garbage then you're still gonna look like sh*t.

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:00 PM Edited by kipakolonyasi, 22 July 2014 - 11:28 PM.

what's the best workout for losing belly fat?

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:55 PM

As long as your nutrition is on point then yeah.

You could climb a mountain everyday, but if your nutrition is garbage then you're still gonna look like sh*t.

Yeah It is good for you it will give you some leg strength, a little endurance, and a little energy burning. Do you feel puffed after walking? If so then that's a good thing and means it's of benefit. If not, up the ante, powerwalk, that's pretty hard

Eat less food, eat really healthy, count your calories, and do a crap-ton of cardio. Lot's of running, cycling (Much better for joints) swimming, hill climbing, anything that makes you really tired, do it for as long as you possibly can, and do it every day. Along with healthy eating, you will lose belly fat.

There are no secret exercises that target the belly fat though, you just gotta eat less and exercise a lot, and it will be gone in no-time, you have to stick with it though, if you fail, try again, and again and eventually, you will have learned how to keep going, how to never quit.

• kipakolonyasi likes this

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:39 AM

Eat less food, eat really healthy, count your calories, and do a crap-ton of cardio. Lot's of running, cycling (Much better for joints) swimming, hill climbing, anything that makes you really tired, do it for as long as you possibly can, and do it every day. Along with healthy eating, you will lose belly fat.

There are no secret exercises that target the belly fat though, you just gotta eat less and exercise a lot, and it will be gone in no-time, you have to stick with it though, if you fail, try again, and again and eventually, you will have learned how to keep going, how to never quit.

and is it true that your body will start burning fat only after the 45 minutes mark throughout your workout? like if i started working out, say i did running for 30 minutes then i quit, my body didn't burn any fat. is it true?

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:33 PM

and is it true that your body will start burning fat only after the 45 minutes mark throughout your workout? like if i started working out, say i did running for 30 minutes then i quit, my body didn't burn any fat. is it true?

No it isn't, you could be burning fat the minute you start exercising. There are two main ways to exercise, it's more complex than this, search krebs cycle if you like, but in a nutshell, going off memory, aerobic and anaerobic. The latter is used for things like sprinting, high intensity basically, we have stores of this energy already (Or the building blocks anyway, creatine, tri-phosphate, ect.), sprints and such deplete it quite quickly, but also make you feel tired quickly and build up lactic acid, you can burn a lot of fat with interval training, but it's very easy to quit early because you're always stopping.

The Aerobic (Oxygenated) system uses the same fuel source, however it is made differently, what you want to do is use your stores of ATP that's ready to go, but not tire yourself out, then you want to keep on going, and pretty quickly your body will tap into your lactic acid, glucose, and fat store to synthesize the ATP, the trick is to pace yourself so you don't get lactic build up and have to stop.

So it's not quite true that it take X amount of time to start burning fat, your body usually uses a mix of fuel sources, but the longer you go, the more you deplete the initial stores, the more you have to move into fat, since you have large stores of it it can fuel you for a long time, when you're jogging start out at a fast pace, then slow it down for a while, speed up for 20 metres, jog another 100, speed up slow down, kinda like interval training, but less intense so you can keep the pace for a long time. Avoid all fast food, give yourself one day a week to cheat, and just keep clean, healthy food sources, meats are okay, go for something like pork/fish/chicken, plenty of vegetables, and simple cereals like oats. 

No snacking, the longer you stay off sugary foods, the easier it is to avoid it, it's chemically addicting so stay away from it. I know this post is very scattered, but I just played indoor soccer without subs for 50 minutes, and i'm working out currently. 
Feel free to do your own research on the subject though, find what works for you. This is just a little guideline.

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:37 PM

thank you man very informing stuff for a noob like me.

qzance88
  • qzance88

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:42 AM

weights and eating right

Webster.
  • Webster.

THR Prospect

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:23 PM

So, any gym enthusiasts on these forums? How long have you been going? What's your routine? What's your diet? Y'know, discuss gym stuff.

Yep - obsessed with my health and my muscles.

2 months now.

I enjoy benching, or better known as "lifting", so I mainly do that. I occasionally use the dumbbells, which covers the muscles just at the top of the shoulder blade and around the neck. And I usually go to the gym about once per week to work on my stamina and my running, which improves and makes my pack stronger, and I go for a long 20-30 minutes jog on the treadmill without stopping (it will literally ruin you  :lol: and you will need a long duration of rest)

My diet mainly contains of chicken, fish and meat/turkey sandwiches. To gain more muscles, you NEED to eat those food items and a large amount of meals throughout the day, especially atleast 3 meals per day. Apart from that, I just eat as much as possible and I work it all out.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:11 PM

I've been having some pain in the forearm, close to the wrist, since some days ago. It began when doing barbell curl but it now hurts doing other weight lifting exercises as well.

I heard it's quite common but do you guys have any advice to make it stop and prevent it from happening again? So far I've changed to the EZ bar, which eases the pain to some extent but still hurts.

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu
  • Contribution Award [Sports]

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:43 PM

I've been having some pain in the forearm, close to the wrist, since some days ago. It began when doing barbell curl but it now hurts doing other weight lifting exercises as well.

I heard it's quite common but do you guys have any advice to make it stop and prevent it from happening again? So far I've changed to the EZ bar, which eases the pain to some extent but still hurts.

Give yourself the week off from exercises which are causing you pain. As a general rule, while the 'burn' pain is normal, If it actually hurts, you should stop. Its likely that you've just strained something and a bit of rest should allow that to heal.

@Webster, do some homework man. Dumbells can work a number of things depending on how you use them, not just your shoulders and neck. Furthermore, if you focus on simply benching you'll imbalance your body which will not only look weird from an aesthetic point of view but could also lead to injury. If you're just starting out it is worth looking up some beginner routines which aim to bring your whole body along at a reasonable pace.

• Slave Boy likes this

Slave Boy
  • Slave Boy

Minion

• The Connection
  • Finland
  • Most Talented GFX Artist 2013

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:10 PM

Finally broke 30 reps barrier in pullups last weekend.

3x 20 reps with 2-minute brakes.

Time to add extra weight.

@kipakolonyasi, if You want to burn fat effectively, anaerobic intense workout is the way to go. Muscles burn Fat.

@RoarRunner71, take a break and see what happens. Do You train forearms and wrists?

Ruuussia
  • Ruuussia

VW Lover

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:58 PM

7 months progress :)

d6e9a24d857aed8c0fa4e50f019431e8.png

• epoxi likes this

Hell No..
  • Hell No..

Dad.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Wales

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:26 PM

Well done mate, that's awesome.

I'm no longer embarrassed  to post myself as I know I am going in the right direction. I take progress pictures to keep me focused. Here's a clicky:

Progress.jpg

Coming up to 5 months now dieting. It's hard work I tell you.

Yep, that's a R* Tattoo.

• epoxi, Vanzant, Shah Sam and 2 others like this

Irviding
  • Irviding

Can you move it like this?

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 29 November 2014 - 05:03 AM

Nice work brahs

Gematria
  • Gematria

Don't Trust Anyone

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 3 weeks ago

Well done mate, that's awesome.

I'm no longer embarrassed  to post myself as I know I am going in the right direction. I take progress pictures to keep me focused. Here's a clicky:

Progress.jpg

Coming up to 5 months now dieting. It's hard work I tell you.

Yep, that's a R* Tattoo.

How Much KG/LBS you lost ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users