Muscle And Fitness

1,671 replies to this topic
Ari Gold
  • Ari Gold

Suck a bag of dicks

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 13:05)
Also drinking milk after workout is great, Milk contains a fast absorbing protein and a slow absorbing one which makes it ideal for bodybuilding if it is actually true that muscles need protein right after a workout. If not, well a slower absorbing protein will be good anyway, it'll help fuel those growth spurts you get through the night I suppose.

As soon as I come home from the gym (which is usually in the morning) I have a bowl of four cans of tuna mixed together with some herbs with a side of bread, and it acts as my breakfast. That's about 110g of protein right there and the rest is consumed throughout the rest of the day rather evenly (breast chicken, some more fish, egg etc). I used to have a glass of milk with that bowl of tuna but they don't mix that great, so now before I go to bed (both on days I work out and on days I don't) I have a glass before I go to bed. Full-cream 'cause f*ck that beta skim crap.

@Music, my gym plays mainly electro house. I like it that way.

LewisMiller
  • LewisMiller

Luton Tannnnnn

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:00 PM

I've been going to the gym less and less since I started my new job, I need to get back on it before I get stuck in a rut.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:09 AM

So I have a membership here at a gym that opens on friday. I have a goal, a plan, and motivation. I haven't worked out in ages lol. Well as I sit right now I am 6'0" 205lbs 12% bodyfat. I think this run I will refrain from using protein supps. I've noticed that I can build muscle quickly without it. My goal is to have that body I want for my wedding/honeymoon.

Never had a six pack so I'm going to try to get that checked off. biggrin.gif

I'm ready to make it happen. I will catalog my progress.

afk4ever
  • afk4ever

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:11 AM

All I do is eat healthily and sit on my ass.

20 pounds lost in 3 months, BITCHES!!!

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE (afk4ever @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 02:11)

Well I'm not looking to lose any weight. Most people think I weigh 170-180 when they look at me.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:02 AM

QUOTE (ryuclan @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 11:09)
So I have a membership here at a gym that opens on friday. I have a goal, a plan, and motivation. I haven't worked out in ages lol. Well as I sit right now I am 6'0" 205lbs 12% bodyfat. I think this run I will refrain from using protein supps. I've noticed that I can build muscle quickly without it. My goal is to have that body I want for my wedding/honeymoon.

Never had a six pack so I'm going to try to get that checked off. biggrin.gif

@stefche, Suss out the house song in my last post.

I have found the same thing, near as I can tell protein supplements don't help me at all, I think a lot of that extra protein stuff going around is bullsh*t. Unless you're working out several hours a day perhaps.

That said though,I generally have about 750 g of steak daily which theoretically is 175 g of Protein daily depending whereyou read. Number of calories and getting.your recommended number of vitamins and minerals is more important IMO.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:08 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 04:02)
QUOTE (ryuclan @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 11:09)

Never had a six pack so I'm going to try to get that checked off.  biggrin.gif

@stefche, Suss out the house song in my last post.

I have found the same thing, near as I can tell protein supplements don't help me at all, I think a lot of that extra protein stuff going around is bullsh*t. Unless you're working out several hours a day perhaps.

That said though,I generally have about 750 g of steak daily which theoretically is 175 g of Protein daily depending whereyou read. Number of calories and getting.your recommended number of vitamins and minerals is more important IMO.

Exactly. I am back taking my multis. Only supplement I take now is creatine. It gives me that little buzz.

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:13 AM Edited by Nah Tso Gud, 21 August 2013 - 01:07 PM.

Eh I've been taking 2 scoops a day lately just because I'm so damn sick of meal prep..... I can't stand drinking it, but it's over with quickly and it's a good 50g of protein I wouldn't have gotten otherwise.

I rocked my newly gotten V ( Five ) shirt to the gym last night biggrin.gif

afk4ever
  • afk4ever

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE (ryuclan @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 03:07)

people think I weigh 170-180

Too frat.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE (afk4ever @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 17:22)
QUOTE (ryuclan @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 03:07)

people think I weigh 170-180

Too frat.

Not even. If you're not gonna contribute anything constructive to the topic the please show yourself out.

A J
  • A J

Aggressively Honest

• BUSTED!
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (Stefche @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 15:39)

As soon as I come home from the gym (which is usually in the morning) I have a bowl of four cans of tuna mixed together with some herbs with a side of bread, and it acts as my breakfast. That's about 110g of protein right there and the rest is consumed throughout the rest of the day rather evenly (breast chicken, some more fish, egg etc). I used to have a glass of milk with that bowl of tuna but they don't mix that great, so now before I go to bed (both on days I work out and on days I don't) I have a glass before I go to bed. Full-cream 'cause f*ck that beta skim crap.

@Music, my gym plays mainly electro house. I like it that way.

how the hell can you eat that much tuna in the morning? monocle.gif 4 tins? mercie_blink.gif

Irviding
  • Irviding

If we're talking body, you got a perfect one so put it on me

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:56 PM

deadlifted 500 last week yeaaa buddy
  • Prometheus likes this

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:41 AM Edited by finn4life, 15 September 2013 - 11:46 AM.

That is pretty f*cking impressive. I should get into deadlifting again, I haven't done them for a long time because i'm a pussy basically. 
Lol you mentioning deadlifts reminds me of this though, lol.

People who f*ck their backs up deadlifting are doing something wrong. Either using too much weight, or not paying attention to their form. It's entirely their fault. You don't f*ck your back up lifting with a straight back and tight core. By your logic, you shouldn't drive either because all it takes is one tiny mistake to crash and burn. Hell, you don't have to be the one in the wrong to get f*cked up.

It's entirely worth the 'risk' because there is no other lift that compares to it. Sure, if you just want to look pretty there's little point to it. You can work your core with a thousand crunches and your lower back doing retarded cobra sh*t and look the part. But where's the fun in being all show and no go? - Fnorg

What do you even mean by go? Are you running through the streets saving women and children from over turned cars with your bare hands. - Deffpony

Also earlier I was lacking motivation, earlier, I mean like 15 minutes ago or so because I went out Friday, got home at 8AM and went out Saturday, got home at 5AM and didn't go home with anyone, there was definitely some action, but not enough to wake me up the next day feeling motivated as f*ck, and to be honest, right now I want a g/f, not a hookup and a bang, yeah yeha, I know I sound like a jackass, I don't really care to be honest. 
I've been typing this on my rests. Anyway, during this no motivation period, an Idea came to mind, I haven't watched this in a long time, and I forgot how f*cking good it was, how motivational it can be, if you've never watched it, I recommend it.

And this one. Similar content some of the stuff is recycled, but still worth watching.

yakuza warlord
  • yakuza warlord

Always outnumbered, never outgunned.

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:20 AM

I just got 195x5 last weekend, gonna stay at 195 one more week, then try to go over the 200 mark.

Not bad for 5'11 and weighing in 142lbs hah.

Irviding
  • Irviding

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:59 AM

Yeah dude take it slow. I increase the weight very slowly. I wait until I can hit a certain amount of reps with a certain weight before I add again. On PHAT with reverse pyramids right now and the gains are slow and steady.

yakuza warlord
  • yakuza warlord

Always outnumbered, never outgunned.

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:34 AM

Yeah DLs scare me so I like to make sure I have a solid foundation before I up the weight.  How do you usually warm up for them?  Ive been doing supermans and some light back extensions.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:13 AM

Yeah DLs scare me so I like to make sure I have a solid foundation before I up the weight.  How do you usually warm up for them?  Ive been doing supermans and some light back extensions.

I usually just look at photos of Beta phaggots while blasting Bangarang by skrillex, then I watch Zyzz for da boiz and I'm good to roll.
  • Irviding likes this

Mr.Mister
  • Mr.Mister

Capt. Downtown

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:16 PM Edited by Mr.Mister, 07 October 2013 - 06:18 PM.

Let's talk supplements for a minute.

Recently I picked up something called 'MusclePharm Re-Con' It's a powder you put in water post-workout. It contains BCAAs, Vitamin C, E and B-6, Selenium, Phosphorus and some others, but mostly those. I got the orange mango flavor and my god it tastes amazing. It's a nice supplement but I need more. 

I'm looking for a vitamin but not sure which one. Omega-3s are supposed to be highly important, especially if you dont eat enough seafood. Anchovies carry the most of these apparently. Any supplement out there that you gentlemen suggest?

Right now I am tighting up my diet. Peanut butter, bananas, baby carrots, artichokes, yogurt, mixed berry assortment, pineapple, scrambled eggs, chicken, quinoa, bran cereal are my main food sources. 

Irviding
  • Irviding

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

Any multi vitamin and a fish oil is really all you need dude.

I have to walk about 5 blocks to the gym, so that warms me up in terms of lower body mobility somewhat. If you don't walk to the gym I would ddo like 5 mins on the treadmill walking on an incline. Then I usually do some hip circles, dynamic leg movements,  and some back extensions with no weight, just really focus on getting blood into the lower back. You don't even need an extension bench for that actually,. I consider my warmup ultimately to do the warmup sets I do. Right now my working weight is 470 so I hit 135 for like 5-8, 225 for 5-6, 315 for 3-4, 365 for 2, 405 for 1, and 425-435 for 1, then wait aout 5 mins, then hit my working sets. I attribute my lack of oinjuries deadlifting to the amount of time I put into warming up.

Cheat
  • Cheat

the only people for me are the mad ones

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:11 PM Edited by Cheat, 29 October 2013 - 09:12 PM.

How important is it to keep your workouts tied to specific weekdays? Every now and then I'm forced to move my workouts from one day to another, for example last week I had my workouts on mon-thu and sunday but I'm probably going to have to postpone tomorrow so that I'm hitting the gym on mon, tue, thu, fri and sun. Should I feel sorry or is this roughly irrelevant? Am I good as long as I'm getting each workout done within the week or should I be focused on getting them done on the same days week after week?

lionofjudah7
  • lionofjudah7

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:19 PM

How important is it to keep your workouts tied to specific weekdays? Every now and then I'm forced to move my workouts from one day to another, for example last week I had my workouts on mon-thu and sunday but I'm probably going to have to postpone tomorrow so that I'm hitting the gym on mon, tue, thu, fri and sun. Should I feel sorry or is this roughly irrelevant? Am I good as long as I'm getting each workout done within the week or should I be focused on getting them done on the same days week after week?

NEVER MISS A MONDAY !!!!!!!!! NEVER !!!!!!!

Irviding
  • Irviding

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:18 PM Edited by Irviding, 29 October 2013 - 10:18 PM.

check out this video about the gym my friend made

Lochie
  • Lochie

darkness washed over the dude

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Member 2014

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:43 AM

Does anyone here f*ck with kettlebells? I've been using them for around a month and I have to say they're quite a lot of fun and also provide a challenging workout. I'm currently doing;

10 snatches each arm
20 slingshots
10 triangles each arm
20 swings to thrusters

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:29 PM

all kindddzzz of gains

Irviding
  • Irviding

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:37 AM

all kindddzzz of gains

are you a miscer

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:17 PM

all kindddzzz of gains

are you a miscer

aware

Irviding
  • Irviding

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:05 AM

all kindddzzz of gains

are you a miscer

aware

putting aside the political fights we have, whats your username over there?

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:48 AM

So on the subject of overtraining, i've been starting to feel it's bullsh*t. I dropped a of kilos, I haven't been lifting in a while, been working out pretty much everyday, just different areas and it's working way faster than your 1 day on 1 day off stuff, plus I feel more energised and motivated, been doing this for like a month and I seem to just be improving more and more.

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:55 PM

all kindddzzz of gains

are you a miscer

aware

putting aside the political fights we have, whats your username over there?

xoLiaJTktjoZxxMdFwriLYXLjqphOfcvTZIgp.jp

srs

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:54 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 03 December 2013 - 10:55 PM.

Squats or Deadlifts for legs? Or both? Currently, I'm doing squats only. I've gained 13 kg since I started gym last September, but I was sh*t at working out till december. So you can say I started properly in January. Bulking up by the way. I'm 6 ft 0 and I am now 66 kg and started at 53.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users