Photo

Muscle And Fitness

1,344 replies to this topic
--CellTech--
  • --CellTech--

As Real As It Gets

• Members

Posted 19 March 2005 - 04:05 AM

QUOTE (Xcommunicated @ Mar 19 2005, 03:58)
QUOTE (--CellTech-- @ Mar 17 2005, 21:13)
QUOTE (Xcommunicated @ Mar 18 2005, 02:41)
It's actually far more effective to do decline dumbbell flys than to do decline barbell presses, although you should do both (not neccessarily in the same workout) for variety.  The reason flys are more effective for decline work is that the lower pectorial muscles are a bit harder to train, so flys allow for a better range of motion.

I see...good pointer dude. I don't do decline because it hurts my sholder and it does something to your nipple line makes it sag or something like that, that's what i heard anyways so i don't like doing it. I do regular bench,incline dumbbell and incline bar, free weight fly's and machine fly's. 2 Peck deck machines and the one where you sit down and push straight out on the machine. And that is basicly my chest workout.

Everybody's build is different, so not all exercises will be right for everyone. I have poor shoulder flexibility myself, so I can't do bench dips without putting too much stress on my anterior delts, for example.

As far as decline making your chest sag or "man tities", that only happens if you do a lot of decline, then you stop lifting for a long time. Otherwise, decline work just gives the pecs more of a cut look.

Same with me, i have very bad sholder's and decline just kills me and i can't do it for sh*t but if you can without problems then all the power to you.

SyphonPayne
  • SyphonPayne

E FOR EFFORT!!!

• Members

Posted 19 March 2005 - 04:37 AM

Thanks dude I like that guide.

Helps a lot now for my Weight Training class in school. My coach doesn't seem to know jack sh*t about weight lifting, so this guide should be helpful if I read it some more.

Gillette
  • Gillette

Arrested Development!!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 March 2005 - 04:41 AM

QUOTE (--CellTech-- @ Mar 19 2005, 03:34)
QUOTE (dublo_7 @ Mar 19 2005, 03:27)
QUOTE (Gillette @ Mar 19 2005, 09:17)
Cool, well Im 16 and pretty skinny for my age, but I keep eating and eating and eating (McDonalds, BK and KFC is what I eat the most), believe me I eat a lot, and still dont get any weight. This doesnt bother at all, but Im not doing ANY excersice at all, so I think that I'm living a very unhealthy life.

I wanna excersise, wich things do you recommend me?

You lucky prick. You must have a super fast metabolism.
I'm no pro, but running is a good place to start.

Well that depends on what your trying to do actually. Are you trying to get healthy? or try to gain weight and mass like muscle build up? Respond and i can help you.

both, most important, to gain muscle........ and size whatsthat.gif

EvilPenguin
  • EvilPenguin

Insufferable c*nt.

• Feroci

Posted 19 March 2005 - 08:32 AM

Oof. That body fat estimator gave me a low of 3.6% and a high of 6%. I run too much.

--CellTech--
  • --CellTech--

As Real As It Gets

• Members

Posted 19 March 2005 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE (Gillette @ Mar 19 2005, 04:41)
Cool, well Im 16 and pretty skinny for my age, but I keep eating and eating and eating (McDonalds, BK and KFC is what I eat the most), believe me I eat a lot, and still dont get any weight. This doesnt bother at all, but Im not doing ANY excersice at all, so I think that I'm living a very unhealthy life.

Well that depends on what your trying to do actually. Are you trying to get healthy? or try to gain weight and mass like muscle build up? Respond and i can help you.

Ok, well go to the guide and look under the ten ways to gain mass and size and follow that and it's everything you need.

Lithium
  • Lithium

Draugr

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 19 March 2005 - 10:18 PM

Nice guide man. Well I suppose you learned some stuff from the best! tounge.gif

noodles
  • noodles

R.I.P Bob Barker....oh, yeah, quality

• The Connection

Posted 20 March 2005 - 12:42 AM

Very nice guide. I was wondering if you knew of any forearm workouts using dumbells I could try? The one I'm doing now only works out a certain area and I'm trying to work both the back and front of my forearms.

Gillette
  • Gillette

Arrested Development!!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 March 2005 - 02:11 AM

QUOTE (--CellTech-- @ Mar 19 2005, 20:41)
QUOTE (Gillette @ Mar 19 2005, 04:41)

Ok, well go to the guide and look under the ten ways to gain mass and size and follow that and it's everything you need.

Ok thanks....

This is the only excersice thing I have at home....
user posted image
user posted image

plus an Fitness Bike........

I think I can weightlift with that one right?

--CellTech--
  • --CellTech--

As Real As It Gets

• Members

Posted 20 March 2005 - 03:13 AM

Yes Gillette you could use that for basic workouts to keep yourself in shape. You could do quite a bit with that. You can also get handle extensions for it that you just snap on.

As for forarm workout i'll look it up and post a little something for you.

Gillette
  • Gillette

Arrested Development!!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 March 2005 - 03:33 AM

QUOTE (--CellTech-- @ Mar 20 2005, 03:13)
Yes Gillette you could use that for basic workouts to keep yourself in shape. You could do quite a bit with that. You can also get handle extensions for it that you just snap on.

Handle extension? You mean the bar on the top of the machine? The one you pull down?

--CellTech--
  • --CellTech--

As Real As It Gets

• Members

Posted 20 March 2005 - 05:33 AM

QUOTE (Gillette @ Mar 20 2005, 03:33)

Handle extension? You mean the bar on the top of the machine? The one you pull down?

Yes, right now your probly hooked up with a wide grip. You can by the rope extension for tricept workouts and the close grip bar handle for back. The one where you sit down and push the to handles out is a version of bench press and the way your leg machine is set up you got the leg press and the leg extensions where you sit down and raise your legs. You also probly have to hangin bar's you hold on to and do your abb workouts. I reccomend getting some free weights for curls and sholder's and back, getting some free weights would set ya right up.

Gillette
  • Gillette

Arrested Development!!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 March 2005 - 05:37 AM

QUOTE (--CellTech-- @ Mar 20 2005, 05:33)
QUOTE (Gillette @ Mar 20 2005, 03:33)

Yes, right now your probly hooked up with a wide grip. You can by the rope extension for tricept workouts and the close grip bar handle for back. The one where you sit down and push the to handles out is a version of bench press and the way your leg machine is set up you got the leg press and the leg extensions where you sit down and raise your legs. You also probly have to hangin bar's you hold on to and do your abb workouts. I reccomend getting some free weights for curls and sholder's and back, getting some free weights would set ya right up.

Ok! Cool.

Now, which type of food do you recommend me?

--CellTech--
  • --CellTech--

As Real As It Gets

• Members

Posted 20 March 2005 - 05:42 AM

Your trying to gain weight and mass and your only a small size right? Well your going to want to eat A LOT of protein and calories. These can be found in such thing's as:

Chicken
Fish
Lean Ground Beff
Bacon
Yogurt
Pasta's

and you can also by 100% Whey protein and a supplement store. Don't think that by eatin all the time your going to get fat because to gain size and mass u need fat then when you workout you can start leaning yourself out later on once you put the weight on. Eat your bacon and fats just not the bad kind like gressy fast food stuff. Rice is also very good for you and i reccomend eating it if you don't already. Also drink LOTS of water and milk as much as possible. Try eating more often and small meals 6 times a day is better then 3 huge ones.

Hamburger
  • Hamburger

Yes It's me

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 March 2005 - 05:48 AM

After a day my muscles hurt. Should I keep on working out or relax? And whats it mean when they hurt? Hurt as in sore.

Gillette
  • Gillette

Arrested Development!!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 March 2005 - 05:50 AM

QUOTE (--CellTech-- @ Mar 20 2005, 05:42)
Your trying to gain weight and mass and your only a small size right? Well your going to want to eat A LOT of protein and calories. These can be found in such thing's as:

Chicken
Fish
Lean Ground Beff
Bacon
Yogurt
Pasta's

and you can also by 100% Whey protein and a supplement store. Don't think that by eatin all the time your going to get fat because to gain size and mass u need fat then when you workout you can start leaning yourself out later on once you put the weight on. Eat your bacon and fats just not the bad kind like gressy fast food stuff. Rice is also very good for you and i reccomend eating it if you don't already. Also drink LOTS of water and milk as much as possible. Try eating more often and small meals 6 times a day is better then 3 huge ones.

Fine........ douhg! I love fast food, and I hate milk......... Well, guess I'll start on monday.... thanks --CellTech--

--CellTech--
  • --CellTech--

As Real As It Gets

• Members

Posted 20 March 2005 - 05:51 AM

QUOTE (Hamburger @ Mar 20 2005, 05:48)
After a day my muscles hurt. Should I keep on working out or relax? And whats it mean when they hurt? Hurt as in sore.

Well depends on how soar, if it is so soar u can't move you probly pulled your muscle and put to much strain on it. If it is just a normal soar then it means your muscle got a good workout and is growing or you haven't done your workout right and you hurt something. If you think you did everything right and you didn't pull anything then yes keep training because after a good workout you are always goin to feal it. There is also a supplement you can get for that called Glutamine.

No prob Gillette glad i could help you, good luck with your workout's man.

Hamburger
  • Hamburger

Yes It's me

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 March 2005 - 05:58 AM

QUOTE (--CellTech-- @ Mar 20 2005, 05:51)
QUOTE (Hamburger @ Mar 20 2005, 05:48)

Well depends on how soar, if it is so soar u can't move you probly pulled your muscle and put to much strain on it. If it is just a normal soar then it means your muscle got a good workout and is growing or you haven't done your workout right and you hurt something. If you think you did everything right and you didn't pull anything then yes keep training because after a good workout you are always goin to feal it. There is also a supplement you can get for that called Glutamine.

No prob Gillette glad i could help you, good luck with your workout's man.

Ok, thanks. I'm pretty sure I didn't pull anything but it is sore. Thanks again for the info. smile.gif

--CellTech--
  • --CellTech--

As Real As It Gets

• Members

Posted 20 March 2005 - 06:03 AM

No prob Ham, just being a helpful member of the forums tounge.gif

--CellTech--
  • --CellTech--

As Real As It Gets

• Members

Posted 21 March 2005 - 12:10 AM

Updates: I went through the guide and put in some tables and new information so it should be a lot easier to read and look for what you want.

parry
  • parry

• Members

Posted 21 March 2005 - 09:56 PM

Great guide with lots of information, im kinda confused what to have for breakfast,dinner and my evening meal. Im afraid that ill eat the wrong things and waste my time, im trying to get a six pack at first.

jersiq
  • jersiq

Division By Zero

• Members

Posted 21 March 2005 - 11:46 PM

Kudo's Cell-Tech lots o' great stuff.

For losing weight though, I know 20 minutes is good, but I would encourage people to excercise at 60 - 70 % Max Heart Rate for 50 minutes.

Studies have shown that when you go beyond the 20 minute marker when you are in your "Target Zone" your body selects it's energy sources differently. For example at the 20 minute mark, your body is taking 20% of calories from fat sources, and 80 % of calories from glucose. As you go further toward the 50 minute mark, at minute 45 for example, your body selects it's fuel sources accordingly: 65 % fat sources, and 35% glucose sources. It works as a sliding scale. The longer you go the higher percentage your body selects fat as a primary fuel source. Depending on your own level of fitness, it isn't hard to maintain this level. I am able to walk at a semi-steep incline, at 3.4 MPH to stay in my zone.

If your serious about losing weight, purchase a heart rate monitor to help you stay in the "Target Heart Rate Zone", it is very easy to over-exert yourself and push your actual heart rate higher than your zone.

To calculate your "Zone"

220 - (your age in years)=X
Multiply X by .7 this is your upper limit for your heart rate
Multiply X by .6 this is you lower limit for your heart rate

I swear by this method, because by using it and strength training I lost 60 lbs.

Be wary of using calorie counters on the machines at the gym. They are estimations based upon weight. The only true way to measure calories burned is to measure the amount of air a person is using while exercising. They found that on average the counters on the machines at the gym can be at least 20% over-exaggerated.

Guest_Suction Testicle Man_*

Posted 22 March 2005 - 12:27 AM

I took a body fat percentage test and got 49%. That's not very good, is it? Oh dear.

<3D

--CellTech--
  • --CellTech--

As Real As It Gets

• Members

Posted 22 March 2005 - 02:02 AM

QUOTE (parry @ Mar 21 2005, 21:56)
Great guide with lots of information, im kinda confused what to have for breakfast,dinner and my evening meal. Im afraid that ill eat the wrong things and waste my time, im trying to get a six pack at first.

Well man ab's are like any other muscle if you work them right they will grow, however they won't just pop over night. You will need at least 2 months or maybe a little less to get the figure your looking for and that is if you do everything right.

Food that is healthy for you:

Skinless Chicken
Rise
Lean Ground Beat
Fish
Pasta's

just stay away from the bag of chips and macdonalds and if you work your ab's and excersize you won't have any trouble. Do you have an abb workout or do you want me to provide you with one?

parry
  • parry

• Members

Posted 22 March 2005 - 07:10 AM

Thanks for the info, i eat a lot of pasta already.

IF thats possible cold you provide me with an abb workout

--CellTech--
  • --CellTech--

As Real As It Gets

• Members

Posted 22 March 2005 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE (parry @ Mar 22 2005, 07:10)
Thanks for the info, i eat a lot of pasta already.

IF thats possible cold you provide me with an abb workout

Sure thing.

1 day on 1 day off is probly the best thing to do.

Sit up's 3 sets of 20 reps

Crunchs sets 3 reps 30

Oblique workout- this is a regular sit up but you turn your body to the side as you reach the top to work the love handles. 3 sets 20 reps

Hanging Leg Raise- Sit down or hang from the bench at the gym and straighten your legs up.

Knee raise. Sit on the edge of a bench and bring your kness in to your chest.

Also running and biking and such will help burn the fat off them so they show up.

parry
  • parry

• Members

Posted 22 March 2005 - 06:20 PM Edited by parry, 22 March 2005 - 06:31 PM.

Thanks for that biggrin.gif

Do press ups increase your shoulder muscles?

--CellTech--
  • --CellTech--

As Real As It Gets

• Members

Posted 23 March 2005 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE (parry @ Mar 22 2005, 18:20)
Thanks for that biggrin.gif

No prob, and if your talking about sholder press, which would be done on machine or by free weight with your bench straight and you have 1 bumbbell in each hand and you push straight up.

parry
  • parry

• Members

Posted 23 March 2005 - 07:02 AM

QUOTE (--CellTech-- @ Mar 23 2005, 02:49)
QUOTE (parry @ Mar 22 2005, 18:20)
Thanks for that  biggrin.gif

No prob, and if your talking about sholder press, which would be done on machine or by free weight with your bench straight and you have 1 bumbbell in each hand and you push straight up.

I know that increases your shoulders but i don't have much access to weights at the moment but with press up i mean these:

user posted image

--CellTech--
  • --CellTech--

As Real As It Gets

• Members

Posted 23 March 2005 - 11:33 AM

Ah that is called a Push Up. Very good workout, it works the chest and tricept area's very well.

parry
  • parry

• Members

Posted 24 March 2005 - 06:56 AM

Thanks for all that....Ill post results if theres any improovements

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users