Muscle And Fitness

1,828 replies to this topic
SCUMBODY
  • SCUMBODY

Polly want to kick some a$$.

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 March 2005 - 02:12 AM

NO! not fitness

I shall die before i exercise.....which then could be soon.

--CellTech--
  • --CellTech--

As Real As It Gets

• Members

Posted 14 March 2005 - 02:20 AM

Well Atomtic those are really nice number's. The ansewer is people you don't NEED to take supplements however they will help you grow better and faster. It will take a lot less time if your taking the right products then it would if you weren't taking anything. For people who have patients and great amounts of time can get the same results not taking anything. Some people like myself need Protein and such supplements because of our bodies, no matter how much we eat or train gainging size just isn't a easy thing for us that's why the Protein is a must for me. Yes i do get the forarm joke lol.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Administrator
  • Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 14 March 2005 - 03:08 AM

@Atomic: 225 for bench, 375 for squat (I've had knee and back problems for a while), never measured dips really, and 200 power clean, 4.4 40m. Not too bad considering I hovered around 175-180 at the time. I probably couldn't even rep my own weight now for bench; I haven't done it for a long time. I've never taken any suppliment either, and I've been fine.

Atomic
  • Atomic

teh PC chat rapist....

• Members

Posted 14 March 2005 - 03:13 AM

The question was actualy directed at -CellTEch--....

--CellTech--
  • --CellTech--

As Real As It Gets

• Members

Posted 14 March 2005 - 03:19 AM

QUOTE (Atomic @ Mar 14 2005, 03:13)

Well i can bench 110% of my body weight which isn't that great and i can squat 300 or so. Im not a huge muscle built machine if that is what your asking. I am actually only a fair size guy but i know the facts and im currently putting them into action on my own workouts and im seeing the results. You seem to be doing very well for yourself and all i can say is keep it up man and never quit.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Administrator
  • Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 14 March 2005 - 03:29 AM

QUOTE (Atomic @ Mar 13 2005, 22:13)

Eh, whatevs.

Atomic
  • Atomic

teh PC chat rapist....

• Members

Posted 14 March 2005 - 04:01 AM

QUOTE (Moonshield @ Mar 13 2005, 22:29)
QUOTE (Atomic @ Mar 13 2005, 22:13)

Eh, whatevs.

lol, i mean no disrespect. your input is appreciated.

EvilPenguin
  • EvilPenguin

Insufferable c*nt.

• Feroci

Posted 14 March 2005 - 04:56 AM

You know what's absolutely great? Weighing 140lb's, standing 5' 11" tall, and weightlifting.

I'm a scrawny mother f*cker, but I'll be damned if I can't bench 180lbs.

As far as lifts go, I'd like to point out to --CellTech-- a few ... not so much errors as details in his guide. On the leg exercises, any lift involving lifting weight while bringing your leg from an extended position towards your butt (as in a running motion) is a Ham Curl and works your hamstrings. The opposite motion is a Leg Extension and works the quadriceps. Also, a calf raise is basically standing flat footed and lifting your body up by lifting the heel of your foot off the ground. AKA Toe raisers.

These are the lifts as I know them.

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

A Stitch in Time C9

• United-States

Posted 14 March 2005 - 05:42 AM

QUOTE (--CellTech-- @ Mar 12 2005, 23:57)

• CellTech

• Whey Protein

• Creatine Monohydrate

• Nitro-Tech

• Tribulus

• T3

• Animal Stacks

• Glutamine

• Thermo Gain

Eh, why list Celltech and creatine monohydrate when Celltech HAS 10mg of creatine monohydrate?

It's just a matter of my opinion, but I don't like Celltech. Way too much dextrose per serving not to mention the ascorbic acid burns the throat.

In fact, about the only creatine monohydrate formulation that I've found to be highly effective is Vitargo CGL. I haven't used it for a while now, but when I do supplement with creatine, it's the only kind I'll use, until something better comes along.

The problem with the supplement business is, most of it's crap. That's not to say all supplemnets are worthless by any means. It's just that some companies have the money for R&D and a lot of them don't. It's best to do a lot of research on a supplement and read reviews, otherwise it can be a costly game of trial and error.

--CellTech--
  • --CellTech--

As Real As It Gets

• Members

Posted 14 March 2005 - 11:30 AM

Well first of all penguin the calf rasies at our gym have a special machine where you can sit down and use your calfs to push up on a batted bar. We also have another workout where you stand straight up and do 5 calf raises on every stair in the gym which will bring your calfs near death by the end of it, but thanks for the info.

As CGL yes it works and yes it is a really good supplement to use, and the reason i listed Creatine Monohydrate is for the people who do not want to take celltech. It is loaded with sugar and for diabetic people and such that is not what you want to be taking so you are going to need some alternetive supplements. I personaly don't take CellTech, i take Creatine,Glutamine,Tribulus,Whey Protein and that's it. Nothing really fancy pantsy to make you get huge in a week like On/Off Cycles.

Kotsudaira
  • Kotsudaira

The Wanderer

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 March 2005 - 12:04 PM

Thanks Cell. I already knew some of that, but you've kinda explained things in more detail. I didn't know much about supplements, I've been lookin' at gettin' some for a while. I have to join a gym first though. I reckon you deserve karma for this.

I'm only a little guy really, about 175lb, I think, 78kg last time I checked. Never benched or anything, I've used one of those home gym things, I lifted 90kg on that, was about to do it again but I got told off, it wasn't our gym.

I bought a dumbell free weight set, only 20kg, I used that for about six months, but I wasn't increasin' the weight each set so not much happened. That's what started me thinkin' about supplements. Like I said though, I need to join a gym.

Cheers. cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

-Kotsudaira

Dublo 7
  • Dublo 7

Trying Your Luck

• Members

Posted 14 March 2005 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE (--CellTech-- @ Mar 14 2005, 01:27)
QUOTE (dublo_7 @ Mar 13 2005, 14:48)
I've been doing heaps of working out/exercise lately. I do half an hour of running a day, and 3 days a week I do about half an hour of weights. I've been eating heaps of protein (supplements, tuna, egg whites etc). If you do the right thing, you will notice results straight away.

What are you looking for in your workout? the way it seems is that you wana stay a nice size a smaller size with no fat like athletic build?

Yeha pretty much. I've gained abit of excess weight thanks to this PC, and now I'm losing it again. In the past two weeks I've lost 5 kilos, which is pretty dope.

I've heard not much research has been done on Creatine, and my mate thinks it could cause liver damage in the long run.
Any truth to this sh*t?

Snik
  • Snik

SnikČ

• Members

Posted 14 March 2005 - 02:42 PM Edited by Snik, 20 April 2005 - 06:45 PM.

tounge.gif

ZeroBomb
  • ZeroBomb

Death to the False Emperor

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 March 2005 - 02:46 PM

This reminds me of Rexkwondo wow.gif

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

anti-pasto

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Australia

Posted 14 March 2005 - 03:02 PM

Nice tips over there. I should have done these when I started building up my body. But anyways now I am fully built up cool.gif . I shall follow your workout tips as well.

--CellTech--
  • --CellTech--

As Real As It Gets

• Members

Posted 14 March 2005 - 04:39 PM

Kotsudaira, 175 isn't a horrible weight because im only 178 but mostly muscle figure. I have a home gym also but i never use it, they are nice for keeping in shape but not for people who really want to get into it.

Dublo, Well i am not possitive on that. Creatine is a pure substance and is sent to your muscles and push through by water to hydrate your muscles during workout, basicly for energy and to return the burnt electrolights back to your body. Im not sure if it has any effects on liver but i haven't heard anything on it. And im sure that even if it is treu it's probly something like 40 years of use.

Snik, Well man i gotta say start eating. If you have a good deit and eat a lot your body will have no choice but to grow. However you don't want to gain fat so make sure your eating the right things that contain good amounts of protein. Always workout you can do many little things that can help you at home on your own. PushUp's are great for the chest and tricepts just doing pushup's everyday you can gain some nice strength. Get a free weight bar and do your curls with alternating hands. Chin up's are also good, sit up's and crunchs for your ab muscles and basic running or biking for leg's and cartio. Those are a few home tips i can give you however they will never meet the workout of going to the gym.

As for an update there is a new product out called Maximum Pump and it is a pretty good looking supplement. Check It Out

9jkearse3
  • 9jkearse3

I dont sign autographs

• Members

Posted 14 March 2005 - 06:40 PM

looks pretty good i will def read it when i get teh chance

Icarus
  • Icarus

[C9] Orthonormal

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 March 2005 - 09:23 PM Edited by Icarus., 14 March 2005 - 09:29 PM.

QUOTE (Atomic @ Mar 13 2005, 21:38)
260 on power cleans

Heh, I've been going to the gym for 19 months and I have no idea what a power clean is. Can you explain what it is, Atomic? I may have been doing it all this time, just calling it by a different name.

I've benched 225 three times, but I've never been able to do it for a while.

I've squatted 500 pounds five times; if anything, that's one thing I can clean up on. smile.gif

As for supplements, I just take Whey Protein, two or three times a day, depending on how much protein I take in from the food I eat that day. I'm not on any fancy stuff like Tribulus, T3, NO2, etcetera.

--CellTech--
  • --CellTech--

As Real As It Gets

• Members

Posted 14 March 2005 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (9jkearse3 @ Mar 14 2005, 18:40)
looks pretty good i will def read it when i get teh chance

You should because there are lots of nice tips in there that can really help you, it will also be updated on a regular basis.

I must say for your everyday Joe that isn't really hardcore Icarus is pretty strong and does things right in the gym.

Icarus
  • Icarus

[C9] Orthonormal

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 March 2005 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (--CellTech-- @ Mar 14 2005, 17:24)
I must say for your everyday Joe that isn't really hardcore Icarus is pretty strong and does things right in the gym.

Meh, I've worked hard to do some of those weights. I remember when I started the gym, I couldn't even do 85 pounds on the free-weight benchpress. blush.gif If you keep at it and don't quit for long period, you will get results.

I hate doing legs the most, but hey, it's got to be done. smile.gif

Shobewaka
  • Shobewaka

God

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 March 2005 - 09:52 PM

Can somebody PLEASE explain the concept of calories to me.
i've always been taught that they're bad and make you fat. i just looked at the nutritional value of some Whey protein and per serving it was something like 250 cals!!

Atomic
  • Atomic

teh PC chat rapist....

• Members

Posted 14 March 2005 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE (Icarus. @ Mar 14 2005, 16:23)
260 on power cleans

Heh, I've been going to the gym for 19 months and I have no idea what a power clean is. Can you explain what it is, Atomic? I may have been doing it all this time, just calling it by a different name.

I've squatted 500 pounds five times; if anything, that's one thing I can clean up on. smile.gif

As for supplements, I just take Whey Protein, two or three times a day, depending on how much protein I take in from the food I eat that day. I'm not on any fancy stuff like Tribulus, T3, NO2, etcetera.

Its where you have a bar on the ground (or usualy a mat) and you throw it up to below your neck with your arms under it. It uses alot of fast twich muscle fiber and alot of shoulder, back, and legs.

Oh and lemme clarify, I consider a squat when you have a bar with weight on it resting on your shoulders, you squat down to a position where you legs are parrelle to the ground and you raise up. Many people think of leg press which is where you lay on your back and press on a large metal plate with alot of weight on it. I have never maxed on leg press but I'm sure I can get 900-1000 pounds. Squats are much more impressive in my opinion.

--CellTech--
  • --CellTech--

As Real As It Gets

• Members

Posted 15 March 2005 - 12:00 AM

QUOTE (Shobewaka @ Mar 14 2005, 21:52)
Can somebody PLEASE explain the concept of calories to me.
i've always been taught that they're bad and make you fat. i just looked at the nutritional value of some Whey protein and per serving it was something like 250 cals!!

Calaroies are IMPORTANT to growing size and mass. You need to be eating things with lot's of calories to gain size so your ansewer is no, calories are not directly FAT and you DO need them.

Atomic
  • Atomic

teh PC chat rapist....

• Members

Posted 15 March 2005 - 12:50 AM Edited by Atomic, 15 March 2005 - 12:54 AM.

a calorie is the amount of energy it takes to heat 1gram of water by 1 degree celcius at 1 atmosphere from an initial starting temperature. Its basicaly energy, without it, you die. your body stores it (in sugar and fat) and if you dont use it, the supply outgrows the demand and you get fat.

--CellTech--
  • --CellTech--

As Real As It Gets

• Members

Posted 15 March 2005 - 01:17 AM

QUOTE (Atomic @ Mar 15 2005, 00:50)
a calorie is the amount of energy it takes to heat 1gram of water by 1 degree celcius at 1 atmosphere from an initial starting temperature. Its basicaly energy, without it, you die. your body stores it (in sugar and fat) and if you dont use it, the supply outgrows the demand and you get fat.

Well thats as simple as it gets...good job.

muitobrodaman
  • muitobrodaman

HUMAN or HITLER?

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 March 2005 - 01:20 AM

QUOTE (--CellTech-- @ Mar 13 2005, 08:16)
QUOTE (muitobrodaman @ Mar 13 2005, 08:10)
why, how nice of you to do that!

where did you learn it?
where are you from?
are you a professional wrestler?

I am like such a fan now!!!

blush.gif

[/jk

HaHa no man i am just your average 17 year old who remembers what it was like to know nothing about something you really needed to know. I was given false information many times in my muscle building days and now that i have the correct information i figured why not take the time to help other's and pass the word on because going to the gym is something im really in to and i just basicly love it.

oh my.... you take this stuff seriously don't you? - oh golly.

I find that way of thinking unhealthy. That kind of body ugly. veins popping is nOT good for you.

but hey, whatever. I played quake too.

please remember though "just because you defy your destiny doesnt mean it'll pass you by"

Icarus
  • Icarus

[C9] Orthonormal

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 15 March 2005 - 02:23 AM

QUOTE (Atomic @ Mar 14 2005, 18:55)
QUOTE (Icarus. @ Mar 14 2005, 16:23)
260 on power cleans

Its where you have a bar on the ground (or usualy a mat) and you throw it up to below your neck with your arms under it. It uses alot of fast twich muscle fiber and alot of shoulder, back, and legs.

Oh and lemme clarify, I consider a squat when you have a bar with weight on it resting on your shoulders, you squat down to a position where you legs are parrelle to the ground and you raise up. Many people think of leg press which is where you lay on your back and press on a large metal plate with alot of weight on it. I have never maxed on leg press but I'm sure I can get 900-1000 pounds. Squats are much more impressive in my opinion.

Alright, I think I understand the power clean now.

As for the squat, I do know it's with the bar on your back, however, before, I used to do squats on the machine. It was a bit easier than doing it with free weight, but goddamn, it was still hard to do, providing you did it with good form. user posted image

--CellTech--
  • --CellTech--

As Real As It Gets

• Members

Posted 15 March 2005 - 02:27 AM

QUOTE (muitobrodaman @ Mar 15 2005, 01:20)
QUOTE (--CellTech-- @ Mar 13 2005, 08:16)
QUOTE (muitobrodaman @ Mar 13 2005, 08:10)
why, how nice of you to do that!

where did you learn it?
where are you from?
are you a professional wrestler?

I am like such a fan now!!!

blush.gif

[/jk

HaHa no man i am just your average 17 year old who remembers what it was like to know nothing about something you really needed to know. I was given false information many times in my muscle building days and now that i have the correct information i figured why not take the time to help other's and pass the word on because going to the gym is something im really in to and i just basicly love it.

oh my.... you take this stuff seriously don't you? - oh golly.

I find that way of thinking unhealthy. That kind of body ugly. veins popping is nOT good for you.

but hey, whatever. I played quake too.

please remember though "just because you defy your destiny doesnt mean it'll pass you by"

That's not the kind of bodybuilding im talking about dude. Those are pro's who do nothing all day but train.

--CellTech--
  • --CellTech--

As Real As It Gets

• Members

Posted 15 March 2005 - 04:24 PM

Has anyone seen the big Russian guy off of Rocky 4? man that guy is huge. 7 feet tall and290 poundsof tank, he's built off steroids like crazy but man is he ever big.

Mr.Miffusle
  • Mr.Miffusle

Holy Cats

• The Precinct

Posted 15 March 2005 - 04:31 PM

Somehow I don't think taking suplements is good for you. And is it not considered cheating your way to getting..uh..large? Plus I doubt your testicles are in the best of shape, and that's all that really matters in the end.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users