Photo

Grand Theft Auto SA: mistake guide [Nitpicking]

486 replies to this topic
SloStenRacing
  • SloStenRacing

Crawlin' S-10

• Members

Posted 07 March 2005 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE (xox_vanzant_xox @ Mar 7 2005, 03:49)
Slostenracing Hernandez doesn't have the gun tenpenny does.
If you are in a car while your friends are shooting guns out of the window youre still in on it by the lawbooks. I come from Terre haute Indiana thats why I know red lights flash at train crossings they do in the game...just not in the beginning thats what i was pointing out. You said Big Smoke was in CJs house to clear evidence Theres no evidence inside of a house that was a victim of drive-by. Claude IS behind woozie in the wu-zi-mu mission he's leaning in the front of the car ,it's not as obvious as the next race. Claude ISN'T in any of the cars during the race enter peds riot before it starts...he's replaced by a normal ped. The only one i'm taking out is #24 you were right on that one.

You are so wrong I will point out the other ones I was right about. Most of these are not mistakes at all they are just omissions of not so important parts to make sure that the gameplay is smooth, to fit everything on one disc, and so that you arent bored to death with 200 more hours of cutscenes.

1. Once again you tried saying it was in someone elses hands. Where do you get this information?
3. Like truth stated above in a later mission Carl himself says Man all crash left me with was chump change (the $350)
4. In the last post you made to me did you not even think through trying to read your original post (go change it now cause you proved yourself wrong)
ORIGINAL
04. (entire game) Even when the trains going thu the light still turns green

NEW ONE
I come from Terre haute Indiana thats why I know red lights flash at train crossings they do in the game...just not in the beginning thats what i was pointing out.

So which one is it the beginning or the entire game? Hell you cant even make up your own mind at what to say.
5. Once again here 100% positive since I just played through Los Santos again that I have come back on a ryder mission with an empty driveway and that not everytime I come back to the Grove on a mission Sweet's car is parked out front.
6. Like tiptoe just said above forensics teams could have fun with that house. Bullets, turkey sandwichs, fingerprints and footprints. It is so obvious that that was what he was doing there was covering up/making sure there werent any tracks that could lead back to them.
7. I am going to stick by this one seriously dude 200 bullets (guesstimate based on the clip size of machine guns in SA) during a drive-by will put alot of holes in whatever is there.
8. Someone else pointed stuff out above about bullet animations so I am not going to go into anymore details just read what I wrote before and their post.
9. This one should definately be taken out seeing as how you go to kill some dude that was messing with him in jail. What the hell, why would he take his suitcase with him to kill someone? Is he going to beat them to death? This is obviously some of that 200 hours of cutscenes you wish they had included with the game (it probably was never acutally made but it would "help" you with the storyline sarcasm.gif ) where OG LOC goes to big smokes house after the mission and grabs his suitcase out of the car and then goes to his house on grove street.
10. I cant really remember I think they talk about being loaded (having a gun) during this mission. Maybe it is given to him by smoke or something.
11. Why would you keep this one up if you cannot prove that he is given a trailer by crash like i said last time as of right now he just takes missions there until proven otherwise.
13. Either way the small portable ones can be dropped and break open so I think shooting them with buck shot can do a little damage to them wink.gif
16. Ok so enter your peds riot cheat and do that the fact still remains that based on the storyline rockstar set out HE races against you losing and giving you his garage.
17. Alot things could have been buried just under the dirt.
19. Like was said above it fades out not to waste your time with the phone call details. Yet another one of the 200 hours of extended cutscenes you obviously needed to progress you through the storyline.
21. beta/pre release no mistake here just something taken out of the final cut so shouldn't be on a list of final cut sh*t
22. Like I stated above or maybe truth went to Turning Tricks driving school in the time you spent taken missions in SF. Another 200 hours of extended cutscenes you are needing to advance through the storyline. rolleyes.gif
23. The onscreen prompt specifically says keep damage to a minimal using the P.I.T. So obviously your buyer wants the car intact. This is another one that should be removed for sure.
24. You changed this one to another retarded one. Molotovs although highly flammable are extremely controllable no alcohol will seep through the rag that is plugging the hole so in turn until you through it you're NOT going to catch on fire.
25. Truth is the one that leaves them on top the mountain after eating peyote so it would make sense he is wondering where they are. Unless you are talking about a mission before in that case he is probably just making conversation. So which were you talking about? Either way it is not a mistake.
26. List another mission where he has his gun out and it is not a Desert Eagle. Until then this one should be removed because he could have always had an eagle.
29. beta/pre-release no mistake here just something taken out of the final cut so shouldn't be on a list of final cut sh*t
33. Catalina also says you were her first. She also said you dated (which you do say something about breaking it off I think) and she never showed up in the current girlfriends, number of girls dated, or girls dumped (whatever this one is) stats either. It's not a mistake it is just not part of the girlfriend part of the game since those are all missions you have to pass to proceed with the game. Should be removed.
34. Like I said last time why make 4 different ones? It isnt a mistake. Why dont your families and ballas have different 9's? I mean there are so many different kinds why not? Because it would be retarded for R* to customize everything for different people. Should be removed.
35. Does he? I remember tenpenny tried shooting you with one but I cant recall what smoke grabs I was paying too much attention to him lighting the crack pipe on the wrong side of his piece. Go back to it the bowl piece is facing him while he lights the opposite side. <------This one can be added with credit if you want.
36. I always thought he had something in his hand but I never payed much attention. I was always concentrating on getting the f*ck out.

method.man 2
  • method.man 2

Va fungool

• Members

Posted 07 March 2005 - 09:42 PM

why are you trying to prove him wrong. nobody cares if theres a four paragraph scientific explanation for one mistake why cant you just enjoy them like the rest of us in stead of being a skeptik but most of what you put is probaly just gueses anyway hope you didnt take any offence during that butsome of them a could agree on but most are just guesses or completly wrong

SloStenRacing
  • SloStenRacing

Crawlin' S-10

• Members

Posted 07 March 2005 - 09:45 PM Edited by SloStenRacing, 07 March 2005 - 09:47 PM.

You are also wrong along with him. None of those are wrong they are all that I have expierinced while playing this game 4 times through.

And simply because we dont need false mistakes on something that everyone will see. How can I enjoy something I know is wrong?

method.man 2
  • method.man 2

Va fungool

• Members

Posted 07 March 2005 - 10:00 PM Edited by method.man 2, 07 March 2005 - 10:04 PM.

well a lot of what you put had nothing to do with the game and if you dont enjoy at least let other peeps if you know there wrong pm him or summet but i got to admit some of wat he put wasnt mistakes in any way shape or form like the bullet thingys
but like i sed just guesses how many times did you give an explanation then say i dont know or maybe or what if ect

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

I check for Breast Cancer. Call me.

• United-States

Posted 08 March 2005 - 01:20 AM

Notice I put (other) for the ones mentioned in the beta versions only because I was looking for some cutscene differences. I did'nt add Big smokes shirt because it's been mentioned sooo many times. I think Slostenracings just tryin to be helpful and i'm glad people are getting involved. Big thanks to ogf_ak for posting that picture that helped out heres a cookie cookie.gif

SloStenRacing
  • SloStenRacing

Crawlin' S-10

• Members

Posted 08 March 2005 - 01:26 AM Edited by SloStenRacing, 08 March 2005 - 01:29 AM.

I am not talking about his shirt.....Can you not read? I never once mentioned anything about his shirt. EVER. Here is what you can add though.....
I was paying too much attention to him lighting the crack pipe on the wrong side of his piece. Go back to it the bowl piece is facing him while he lights the opposite side.

And in thinking that I am being helpful you are half right half wrong. I am being helpful in telling you which ones to remove with detailed explanations. This list should MAYBE be like 10 or 15 things. Definately not 40+ because in both my posts I have listed reasons why ALOT of them are not mistakes and should not be included in your original list. I would re-read my posts and edit your first one.

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

• United-States

Posted 08 March 2005 - 01:30 AM

I added it slosten I changed #8 to it. I know you didnt ask about the shirt I was just clearing that up so everyone knows.

ogf_ak
  • ogf_ak

JEG VIL DØMMES I VALHALLA

• Members

Posted 08 March 2005 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE (xox_vanzant_xox @ Mar 8 2005, 01:20)
Notice I put (other) for the ones mentioned in the beta versions only because I was looking for some cutscene differences. I did'nt add Big smokes shirt because it's been mentioned sooo many times. I think Slostenracings just tryin to be helpful and i'm glad people are getting involved. Big thanks to ogf_ak for posting that picture that helped out heres a cookie cookie.gif

thanks ;D

maybe we can get Kingjad to post the vid for the trains "derailing"?

xplicit188
  • xplicit188

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 March 2005 - 04:31 PM

4get about it being a good find that was the most hilarious stuff ive ever read hahahahahahahaha cookie.gif

Mxyzptlk
  • Mxyzptlk

Misanthropic

• Members

Posted 08 March 2005 - 04:34 PM Edited by Mxyzptlk, 08 March 2005 - 04:40 PM.

Kingjad's Flying Trains Topic, video was a yousendit file, so it's expired. confused.gif

Someone else can verify for me, I can't play now:
-The location name text onscreen when you enter the Atrium in Los Santos is spelled either "Attrium" or "Atrium" depending on the door you use.
-A theater in northern LS spells "humor" in the British way "humour"

Kingjad
  • Kingjad

The laziest Scotsman

• Members

Posted 08 March 2005 - 04:39 PM

Argh, it was on yousendit, and it's expired. LUCKILY, I have it saved and will re-upload it on TGA, name the guy who done it in description so it doesn't get passed off as my work, and people can revel in this weirdness.

Barguast
  • Barguast

Thy next foe is...

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 08 March 2005 - 04:56 PM

On the 'High Stakes, Low Rider' mission I noticed that the pre-mission cutscene, Kendyl is sat in the car with Cesar but whilst you follow him to the race (and possibly during the race), it is just a generic female pedestrian.

Since she doesn't get out of the car during the cutscene and no reason is given to explain why another girl would be in the car, I'd say it qualifies as a mistake smile.gif

Kingjad
  • Kingjad

The laziest Scotsman

• Members

Posted 08 March 2005 - 04:59 PM

Do we ever see Kendl ever, except in cutscenes? confused.gif

Kingjad
  • Kingjad

The laziest Scotsman

• Members

Posted 08 March 2005 - 06:27 PM

Again, sorry for double-post but I have made a video of the flying train as requested, just saving it now and then I'll get to uploading it. I've included ne14a6t9r's photos he took of the train as well!

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

• United-States

Posted 08 March 2005 - 08:08 PM

Good find Barguast il be back later to check the Video Kingjad. Mxyzptlk did you want the spelling ones added? If you think it's done for humor they probally shoudnt be. Which reminds me Mxyzptlk it's up to you entirely but if you want...when this topic is totaly dead and not getting traffic we could merge it with secrets and easter eggs. Its up to you though.

Mxyzptlk
  • Mxyzptlk

Misanthropic

• Members

Posted 08 March 2005 - 08:12 PM

I don't see the funny in "atrium" and "attrium," but "humour" (UK spelling) could be a joke as Rockstar is UK based. You don't need to add anything, I was just sharing what I had noticed. If this topic ever dies you can have a mod merge it to secrets and eggs, wouldn't hurt anything. It's a good list you have here.

Kingjad
  • Kingjad

The laziest Scotsman

• Members

Posted 08 March 2005 - 08:12 PM

I got the video up, it's on the HMT topic. Hang on, I'll get it...

The Flying Train!

ogf_ak
  • ogf_ak

JEG VIL DØMMES I VALHALLA

• Members

Posted 08 March 2005 - 09:41 PM

hha good to see this topic "back on tracks" with the videos and stuff biggrin.gif

but i dont think i can find any "mistakes" rigth now cry.gif

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

• United-States

Posted 09 March 2005 - 04:15 AM

Il half to register so I can see kingjads Vids but just to be on the safe side I can't register any e-mails right now until my Virus protectins been upgraded. Yes i'm afraid of that new virus goin around. ph34r.gif

My MSN was packed full of spam mails and i'm gonna wait till I can use my updated spyware on it. I'm gonna take a few more days off from GTA. If anyone was wondering how long I was at this project it was 6 weeks straight for all GTA games. Half of it was on San Andreas since it was a longer game.

System Error
  • System Error

Oh yeah.

• Members

Posted 10 March 2005 - 12:32 AM Edited by System Error, 10 March 2005 - 05:34 AM.

QUOTE (Barguast @ Mar 8 2005, 08:56)
On the 'High Stakes, Low Rider' mission I noticed that the pre-mission cutscene, Kendyl is sat in the car with Cesar but whilst you follow him to the race (and possibly during the race), it is just a generic female pedestrian.

Since she doesn't get out of the car during the cutscene and no reason is given to explain why another girl would be in the car, I'd say it qualifies as a mistake smile.gif

Actually, it IS Kendl. Look at the female ped closely. Although she looks like the standard homegirl, her jersey has white lettering. Now, go to Carl's house. Look at the picture on the wall across from the video game. You'll see what appears to be Sweet there, and that same ped. This is presumably Kendl's beta sprite, but it ended up being left in the mission. In fact, if you use the peds hate you cheat and start the Lowrider race street race, "Kendl" will emerge from the car. If you enter "Recruit Anyone" and can manage to recruit her without having her shoot you, you can roll with her! You can do the same thing in Badlands B, except it is Catalina who emerges from Woozie's car. Sadly, you cannot keep them recruited. They vanish after the race is over.

Here's one: Girlfriends sometimes mention Carl's name in their list of random quotes (such as being bumped). This is a problem because you can cause them to address you by name before you even meet them. For example, if you drive up to Katie before meeting her and drive towards her, but stop at the last second, she will sometimes say "Look out, CJ!"

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

• United-States

Posted 10 March 2005 - 04:16 AM

I'm not too sure about either System if anyone has any other info relating to either of systems topics let me know so I can change them.

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

• United-States

Posted 12 March 2005 - 10:13 AM

I'm only bumping this up because i'm still adding to it, some of the mods should't mind since they've helped out with it here and there, and the biggest part is because there is 15 Locked topics above mine which I belive is unfair to some of us that started good topics.

Anyway Madman made a topic which went: Carl's cell phone is apparently a flip phone, yet in 1992, they were no where near as reliable and looked as good as they currently do. Same thing happened with Vice City.

At Carl's house, there's a video game that's available to play. Do you see a console?

Well I have checked and checked on cell phone info on yahoo's search engine and found absolulty nothing about them at all I have a friend that works at Cingular wireless so il ask him later.

I got an e-mail from [email protected] about a mistake concerning the use of the Banshee in the rain. I checked the official Dodge Viper website and found out he was correct on the very fact that it is almost impossible to drive one in rainy conditions no matter what kind of tires you have on it. Now i'm sure that many cars in Grand Theft Auto such as the infernus and the super GT could'nt handle rainy conditions but is worth mentioning.

I also got another e-mail from shady_eminem83@yahoo stating that either the Mower or the Tractor when CJ is driving it if you change radio stations CJ will reach out into thin air to change them.
I'm pretty sure the tractor does not have a radio but Il check about the mower later.

If either one of you that sent the e-mails did it because you are not members to the forum SIGN UP! It's easy and it is alot of fun thanks for the contribution.

I just remembered somthing speaking of cell phones earlier anyone ever notice that CJ pulls the Cell out of his right pants pocket to talk them when he is done talking he shoves it into his invisible right shirt pocket? Then if you get a call within the next 3 seconds which does happen in cetain parts of the game he will pull it strangly right out of his right pant pocket again? ph34r.gif

Sixdust
  • Sixdust

April 2nd, V2

• Members

Posted 29 April 2005 - 08:21 PM

When driving a train, all the flashing red signs come down too late. In real life, the red lights are down at the crossing before the train is even there. In the game the sign starts to come down as you already are passing by.

Raindancer
  • Raindancer

Beer monster

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 29 April 2005 - 09:32 PM

user posted image

thank you

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 13 January 2006 - 06:18 AM Edited by Mainland Marauder, 09 March 2006 - 07:14 PM.

***SPOILER WARNING***

Before reading, know that this topic is invariably going to contain some spoilers and they are likely not to be marked as it is mainly intended for players who have completed the storyline segment of the game. This is the only warning on this subject.

OK, here's another exercise for everyone. There's no point system here per se; this is just an exercise in finding small, abnormal things in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

Let's exclude well-documented glitches and such. Yes, we know about the pool, basketball, vigilante, gym glitches etc. However, things that can be mentioned here could be located in any portion of the game - the main game map, the interiors and interior "heavens" and even Blue Hell.

Here's a brief FAQ.

Q: What's the point of this thread?

A: Honestly, it's an effort to find more oddities in the greatest game ever made, even two-plus years after its original release. You don't have to like this thread, and you don't have to participate. But if you like it and want to participate, then feel free to do so. Of course this is open to everyone.

Despite a great deal of us having played through the game, with the second release of the game there are likely to be a lot of SA newcomers on here as well. As such, please use Spoiler tags like this as necessary if your nitpick must give away a plot element or something else you wouldn't want to already know before playing for the first time. For SA veterans, think back to what you knew about the game when you first got it and if your post deals with something you wouldn't want to have been told then, cover it up

Although I don't have the wherewithal to post pictures from my PS2, posting pictures of your SA oddities is welcome.

I'll get this started. Here are a few things that have popped into my mind.

-In the Los Santos cemetery, toward the northeast side with the so-called ghost graffiti, there's what appears to be an empty grave. But you can walk over it like it's solid ground and there are grass textures over it. (While standing in this spot, rotate the camera at about a 45-degree angle from the ground to see a kinda weird kalaidoscopic effect with the grass textures.)

-One of the signs in Red County directing you to various locations spells "Dillimore" as "Dillimmore"

-When you enter the west entrance of the Atrium in Los Santos, the location name onscreen is spelled "Attrium" but when you enter on the north side it's spelled "Atrium"

-The (rather effeminate sounding) clerk in the Pro-Laps stores is of the same voice as the one in the Didier Sachs store.

-Large portions of northeastern Flint County are labeled "Red County" on the radar and on the on-screen locations. However, the signs that say "Welcome to Red County" only appear as you cross over the bridges from the second "island" to the first. Similarly, there is other isolated dodginess scattered throughout when it comes to location names on the radar. This, though, is the one that sticks out most to me.

-In Blue Hell under a building in East Los Santos is a floating yellow entrance marker suspended in nothingness. This is the location of the Crack Palace run by a certain "large" character in the game, and the path to the entrance forms at the final mission of the game which is located here.

-Atop the Burger Shot buildings, if you climb up around the burger there are apparently invisible solid ledges that make CJ appear to be levitating if he climbs up on them.

-Customers in Burger Shot at the tables eat burgers while those at Well Stacked Pizza are eating pizza. But at Cluckin' Bell? They're burgers! (Or maybe they're chicken sandwiches?)

There's a few for now. Now happy picking!

EDIT, 3/9/2006 - I will be revising this first post soon to comprise the major finds gleaned from this topic. I thank everyone who's participated.

Mxyzptlk
  • Mxyzptlk

Misanthropic

• Members

Posted 13 January 2006 - 01:31 PM

I think all these things were covered between the Secrets and Easter Eggs topic, and Vanzant's mistakes guide; but his topic has been archived so I guess more power to ya. Maybe if he has a back up copy he can post his finds here for you.
My contribution:

On PS2 (maybe other versions) The DFT-30 truck is missing a rear wheel on one side.

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 13 January 2006 - 02:10 PM

Like I say there are likely to be newcomers to the game with the rerelease that may not see archived threads. I personally don't see anything wrong with starting something over that lived and died nearly a year and a half ago with the original release.

If the admins wanna lock it, it's their call. I'm not one of them. I was just hoping to encourage people to try to find new things. Post anything and it might have been found....or not. There's no cash or medals at stake. It's all in fun.

i_am_da_man86
  • i_am_da_man86

Don

• Members

Posted 13 January 2006 - 02:34 PM

Keep em' coming I like to read up on little hidden things there is so much for me to learn.

jj807
  • jj807

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 January 2006 - 07:39 PM

This is probably a well known thing but if you walk arround the Back of Beyond there is a hill near the freeway that you can walk partly into. If you angle the camere you can see under the map.

thats all:(

-jj-

Holmes
  • Holmes

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 January 2006 - 07:45 PM

Another spelling mistake: Montgomery is spelt Montgomary on one of the highway signs. - Holmes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users