» «
Photo

Grand Theft Auto SA: mistake guide [Nitpicking]

486 replies to this topic
Vanzant
  • Vanzant

I check for Breast Cancer. Call me.

• United-States

Posted 06 March 2005 - 02:32 PM Edited by xox_vanzant_xox, 12 March 2005 - 10:44 PM.

This is the list of mistakes found in cutscenes and gameplay. This list does not repeat any glitches found in the above pinned thread.

Last Warning....NO SPOILER TAGS USED READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Mistakes

01. CJ is put into handcuffs and would have had to be handed the gun inside of the police car which would be quite difficult.
02. (plot hole) Maybe the biggest plothole in the history of video games if CJ is threatend with being framed with ONE police officer but by the end of just 10 missions would make this crime petty.
03. Tenpenny takes CJ's money but still ends up with 350 bucks and he hasnt many hiding places on hiself.
04. (entire game) Even when the trains going thu the light still turns green
05. (deliberate ) On missions where you have to drive Sweets or Ryders car a second one sometimes respwans when you bring them back.
06. Why would Big Smoke be in CJ's moms house at the beginning of the game?
07. There are bullet holes all the way around CJs Moms house thats not a drive-by thats a drive-all-around!
08. Big Smoke lights his crackpipe from the wrong side in 'end of the line'. -slostenracer
09. OG Loc forgets about his suitcase when they take them to Jeffreys.
10. (suppossed) In the mision "reuniting the familys" CJ pulls out a shotgun with 60 rounds from out of no where if you do not already have one.
11. CJ tells Ceaser to rent a trailor in Angel Pine ...funny....it's the one givin to CJ by C.R.A.S.H how does Ceaser know to pick that certain one?
12. When CJ and Catilina are robbing the bank CJ openly uses her real name.
13 ATM machines are bulletproof therefore impossible for CJ to just blast them open with a shotgun ( a safe inside ATM machines hold the money in )
14. In the mission "Farwell my love" the front two cars are 4 feet over the starting line.
15. In the mission" Wu Zi Mu" Claude Speed is behind Woozie but after the cutscene Claude and his car have dissappeared.
16. Claude speed also dissappears in the mission farewell my love he is replaced by a normal ped.
17. Catilina tosses a crowbar down to a dirt road but the sound effect is that of concrete.
18. catilina claims to have been in the car with Claude getting pleased...but she was in the car with woozie the whole time. ( picture on page 2 by ogf_ak )
19. When CJ calls "555-we-tip" on the DA he forgets to tell them where the DA is at he hangs up the phone.
20. After Mike ask CJ and T-Bone if theyre done goffin around in "outrider" you can clearly see a woman sitting in the passenger side but shes gone after the cut-scene (she appears on the over head view of the car it looks like the woman who wears all blue with a matching blue hat)
21. (other) In the commercial spots as shown on SpikeTV CJ is shoving a Desert Eagle into Jizzys face instead of the 9mm silenced pistol.
22. The truth says hes no good at driving yet getting the Mothership on top of that mountain in "black project" woulda taken some pure driving skill.
23. Nobody uses a P.I.T on a car if they plan on stealing it as demonstrated in "zeroing in"
24. CJ carrys a flaming molotov awfully close to his clothing.
25. The truth said nothing to CJ about kent Pauls band ..yet when he picks them up he asks where they are.
26. In "high noon" officer Polaskis gun changes from a 9mm pistol to a desert eagle.
27. CJ had to destroy Polaskis car in order for him to get out and fight after CJ kills polaski his white buffalo is in mint condition.
28. All the vehicles in Liberty City have Las Venturas licence plates.
29. (other) In commercial spots for San Andreas Sweet is pushing a guy up aginst the wall in a white tank top in B-dups apt. but in the final game its a Grove street member.
30 (entire game) The sawed off shotgun has no second gun flash.
31. (entire game) The sawed off shotgun ejects shotshells impossible since theyre ejected when you release the holding lock.
32. When Tenpenny hits Hernandez with the shovel he doesnt come close on the second attack but it still makes the sound efftect.
33. What ever happened in catilinas house wasnt counted in CJs stats menu under "# of times scored with a girl"
34 The same suitcase is used by FIVE different people CJ in the beginning , OG-LOC when he gets out of prison, Sweet when he gets out of prison ,Tenpenny in the middle of "end of the line" and CJ hands the truth the suitcase in "are you going to san fierro?" - 5th submitted by: adamcs
35. In the mission 'end of the line' Big Smoke picks up a combat shotgun to kill CJ with but after the cutscene he has an AK-47.
36. Tenpenny isn't carrying the suitcase full of cash when he blows up the Crack machine...he leaves without it!
37. In cutscenes of 'end of the line' CJ is weilding a Desert Eagle whether he brings one to the mission or not.
38. The trains only use one fricken track, no matter what direction they go! Special exceptions are when during a couple of train-related missions, you have to avoid oncoming trains. But if you follow those trains, they go through the ground and fly and stuff, crazy!- Kingjad
39. when you look at the front door of caligulas your will be facing east thats when your outside but when you are inside and you look at the front door your facing north when you should be facing west-method.man2
40. "The wrong side of the tracks" if you havent killed the 4 men on top of the train by the time the train reaches the blocked bridge, the train will go through the blockade- da gta master
41. Snail Trail mission, following the train - if you follow one of the ONCOMING trains, you will see that it will turn completely off the tracks at Cranberry station and FLY in a straight line, over the docks, and through the ground in LS countryside, and when it get to train tracks on East side of Los Santos it goes back on tracks like normal- Kingjad
42. In 'High Stakes, Low Rider' mission In the pre-mission cutscene, Kendyl is in the car with Cesar during the race it is just a generic female pedestrian. -Barguast
43. (spelling) The location name text onscreen when you enter the Atrium in Los Santos is spelled either "Attrium" or "Atrium" depending on the door you use -Mxyzptlk
44. CJ pulls the Cell out of his right pants pocket to talk then when he is done talking he shoves it into his invisible right shirt pocket? Then if you get a call within the next 3 seconds which does happen in cetain parts of the game he will pull it strangly right out of his right pant pocket again?
45. While CJ is riding on the mower when he changes the radio stations he reaches out into mid-air. -shady_eminem83@yahoo

Spanx
  • Spanx

Sneaka Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 March 2005 - 03:53 PM

I like mistakes. Not because I want to scrutenize what the gaming industry has done, but because it's interesting to see what they overlooked. Nice job! biggrin.gif

Gta Master.
  • Gta Master.

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 March 2005 - 04:26 PM

WOW! That's a lot of mistakes!

Themanwiththeplan
  • Themanwiththeplan

I'm so not a raper!

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 06 March 2005 - 04:42 PM

Good job. This is looking good.

blindsk8er6d9
  • blindsk8er6d9

Z

• Members

Posted 06 March 2005 - 04:58 PM

Wow, good job finding all them. I also love looking at screw-ups like that.

GroveStGangster
  • GroveStGangster

Peon

• Members

Posted 06 March 2005 - 05:19 PM

wow how did you find all that out?
good job in finding them.

adamcs
  • adamcs

Pixelante

• United-Kingdom

Posted 06 March 2005 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (xox_vanzant_xox)
34 The same suitcase is used by four different people CJ in the beginning , OG-LOC when he gets out of prison, Sweet when he gets out of prison and Tenpenny in the middle of "end of the line"
Also in the mission 'Are you Going to San Fierro?', when CJ gives Truth the cash. smile.gif
QUOTE (xox_vanzant_xox)
36. Tenpenny isn't carrying the suitcase full of cash when he blows up the Crack machine...he leaves without it!
lmao..

Nice list.

Kingjad
  • Kingjad

The laziest Scotsman

• Members

Posted 06 March 2005 - 06:09 PM

19. When CJ calls "555-we-tip" on the DA he forgets to tell them where the DA is at.

Nah, it fades out. He probably does give details, but to save time just shows the start of the phonecall.

04. (entire game) Even when the trains going thu the light still turns green

The trains only use one fricken track, no matter what direction they go! Special exceptions are when during a couple of train-related missions, you have to avoid oncoming trains. But if you follow those trains, they go through the ground and fly and stuff, crazy!

23. Nobody uses a P.I.T on a car if they plan on stealing it as demonstrated in "zeroing in"

I P.I.T. cars all the time to steal them, it's fun!

Other than that, a decent list you got there. Brush up on spelling mistakes if you got time lol.

Officer Pulaski
  • Officer Pulaski

Li'l G Loc

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 06 March 2005 - 06:34 PM

half of those mistakes are explicable
a few examples
1. you do realize Hernandez was in the back of the car with Carl
8. your not supposed to see bullets that well
10. rahkstar2.gif just wanted to give you a gun for that mission
at Saint Marks Bistro my desert eagle magically transformed into a 9mm
37. they needed Carl pointing a gun so they just gave him one besides
in Vice City when you kill Diaz you magically have a revolver

SloStenRacing
  • SloStenRacing

Crawlin' S-10

• Members

Posted 06 March 2005 - 07:35 PM

1. Seeing as he is tossed from the car without them on you do not know how long he has been without them on his arms. They dont show the whole drive from the airport to balla country so you dont have enough proof for this point. Plus there isnt really a point. All they needed was his prints on the gun which hernandez who is sitting in back could have rubbed on there easily. CJ does not have a gun when tossed from the car.
2. During the first ten missions: CJ rides back to his house from balla territory, meets up with his family at the cemetery and has to run from ballas on a bike, get his haircut and eat some food, spray paint some tags, "beat up" a few crack dealers and a couple ballas, protect himself with self defense seeing as his life is being threatended with a drive-by, take some target practice and get some colors, driver for a drive-by(note unless you have a machine you dont have to participate in the killings), save his brothers life by killings a Seville boys, and mod out a lowrider to compete in a game. Granted he commits a few murders here but like 5 of them he does NOTHING bad. Comparing killing a cop to murders happening in what is supposed to represent compton and ingelwood is nothing.
3. I am almost 100% sure that tenpenny gives him cash back
4. Not all cities have implemented lights flashing red ( I think thats what it does) when a train rolls through some just operate normally.
5. I am almost positive that during a few ryder missions I have come back to an empty driveway
6. What do you mean why he was obviously cleaning up evidence. People find this out as they progress through the storyline. This isnt a mistake.
7. Take 3 friends with sub-machine guns and do a drive-by on a house. See how banged up it is.
8. This isnt a mistake I am sure. I would much rather them had worked in some of the features they left out then worry about bullet animations. I am glad he can swim and climb instead of having great bullet animations.
9. Maybe he left it in the car and got it later. You never actually take him to his house you take him to burgershot. Do you think he is going to take his suitcase to work?
10. I cant really remember I think they talk about being loaded (having a gun) during this mission. Maybe it is given to him by smoke or something.
11. He is never "given" a trailer by CRASH he is simply dropped off in Angel pine and given mission outside of it. If you were supposed to be given it dont you think you could have saved INSIDE it instead of outside.
12. If catalina's dialogue didnt call him stupid names like baby and sh*t then she would probably have been saying his name too. Thats just bad scripting for a mission. But a mistake on his part no doubt.
13. Shoot a few rounds into the same spot on a small ATM machine and "bulletproof" or not I would think it would make a small hole. I dont know though seeing as how I never shot at an ATM machine. Either way the small portable ones can be dropped and break open.
14. Good find.
15. I dont recall seeing claude during that mission but its possible.
16. He races against you. How would he be watching AND racing at the same time?
17. Maybe it hit a rock. I dont know alot things could have been buried just under the dirt.
18. I dont really remember these missions I would have to go back. If so good find.
19. Like was said above it fades out not to waste your time with the phone call details.
20. I will have to check this out the next time through. Good find.
21. beta/pre release
22. Or since the thing is so damn slow on flat ground it crawled up the mountain making it possible for an armless phil cassidy to make it up driving with his gut.
23. Well I sure would want to keep minimal damage on a car I would make more money on undamaged. It seems like the most logical way.
24. Some would. I remember Ford was going to have nitrous installed in a from the dealership version of the bronco. You dont think if a customer asked Yenko or Baldwin Motion or Shelby to put a nitrous tank in their muscle car they wouldnt have done it? They were all about performance machines.
25. Truth is the one that leaves them on top the mountain after eating peyote so it would make sense he is wondering where they are. Unless you are talking about a mission before in that case he is probably just making conversation.
26. Does he ever have it out in any other mission? Maybe he has always had a desert eagle.
27. I noticed this too. Odd but definately faster way to get to a save point so I am not complaining.
28. I heard this before but I never tried to escape to the city so I wouldnt know.
29. beta/pre-release not a mistake
30. Good find.
31. Good find.
32. Must have typed in the wrong coordinates.
33. Catalina also says you were her first. She also said you dated (which you do say something about breaking it off I think) and she never showed up in the current girlfriends, number of girls dated, or girls dumped (whatever this one is) stats either.
34. When it isnt a big part of the game why make 4 different ones when instead you can make on interchangable one?
35. Does he? I remember tenpenny tried shooting you with one but I cant recall what smoke grabs I was paying too much attention to him lighting the crack pipe on the wrong side of his piece. Go back to it the bowl piece is facing him while he lights the opposite side.
36. I always thought he had something in his hand but I never payed much attention. I was always concentrating on getting the f*ck out.
37. Notice a pattern with R* using the desert eagle. They are just saying find one and use it here and here and here cause it is so bad ass

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

• United-States

Posted 06 March 2005 - 08:10 PM

biggrin.gif Thank you all so very much for your input tonight after work il add the ones you all subbitted and credit you I gotta get to work il be back later.

method.man 2
  • method.man 2

Va fungool

• Members

Posted 06 March 2005 - 08:56 PM

i got a mistake for ya when you look at the front door of caligulas your will be facing east thats when your outside but when you are inside and you look at the front door your facing north when you should be facing west strange if you dont understand justgo see for yourself

The Truth.
  • The Truth.

Some kind of super-genius

• Members

Posted 06 March 2005 - 09:02 PM

StolSten Racing, for point 3, in one of the very early missions, I think tagging up turf, CJ says to Sweet, "C.R.A.S.H took all my paper, left me with nothing but small change."

da gta master
  • da gta master

Pocoyo rocks! Oh yes.

• Members

Posted 06 March 2005 - 09:10 PM

Add this one, in the mssion "The wrong side of the tracks" if you havent killed the 4 men on top of the train by the time the train reaches the blocked bridge, the train will go through the blockade

Kingjad
  • Kingjad

The laziest Scotsman

• Members

Posted 06 March 2005 - 09:13 PM

I got a better one.

Snail Trail mission, following the train - if you follow one of the ONCOMING trains, you will see that it will turn completely off the tracks at Cranberry station and FLY in a straight line, over the docks, and through the ground in LS countryside, and when it get to train tracks on East side of Los Santos it goes back on tracks like normal. Now THAT'S some fecked-up crap!

MI7
  • MI7

NYCC

• The Connection

Posted 06 March 2005 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (Kingjad @ Mar 6 2005, 21:13)
I got a better one.

Snail Trail mission, following the train - if you follow one of the ONCOMING trains, you will see that it will turn completely off the tracks at Cranberry station and FLY in a straight line, over the docks, and through the ground in LS countryside, and when it get to train tracks on East side of Los Santos it goes back on tracks like normal.  Now THAT'S some fecked-up crap!

OMG!!!111 MAYBE IT WAS A GHOST TRAIN DRIVEN BY LEaTHERFACE AND TEH BIGFOOT!!!!1111ROFLAMAO!1!!!!1!! bored.gif

Seriosly, the guy who did that was probably just lazy. He couldn't be arsed to keep the coding so the train is on the tracks, so he gives us this spazzed-up
coding for the train.

Kingjad
  • Kingjad

The laziest Scotsman

• Members

Posted 06 March 2005 - 09:22 PM

I saved the video. I will re-upload it on my account on TGA, and credit the guy who filmed it in the description. You can see for yourself then how screwy the glitch is.

SloStenRacing
  • SloStenRacing

Crawlin' S-10

• Members

Posted 06 March 2005 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE (The Truth v2.0 @ Mar 6 2005, 15:02)
StolSten Racing, for point 3, in one of the very early missions, I think tagging up turf, CJ says to Sweet, "C.R.A.S.H took all my paper, left me with nothing but small change."

I knew I remembered hearing him say it somewhere/sometime but I couldnt remember when. Thanks Truth.

LibertyCityMugger
  • LibertyCityMugger

Big Cajones

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 March 2005 - 11:01 PM

Oh well no ones perfect but have a cookie.gif for your effort.

Guided
  • Guided

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 March 2005 - 01:40 AM

also at the end of the game when the girl is trying to get Sweet to take crack, she is in the metting with the GSF the next couple of missions O_O!

SimMaster
  • SimMaster

San Andreas Explorer

• Members

Posted 07 March 2005 - 02:56 AM

The Mothership isn't ontop of Mount Chilliad, a normal Camper is...

Kuiosikle
  • Kuiosikle

Who?

• Members

Posted 07 March 2005 - 03:21 AM

QUOTE (SimMaster @ Mar 6 2005, 21:56)
The Mothership isn't ontop of Mount Chilliad, a normal Camper is...

22. The truth says hes no good at driving yet getting the Mothership on top of that mountain in "black project" woulda taken some pure driving skill.

He didn't say it was on Mt. Chilliad, don't you remember the "Black Project" mission?

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

• United-States

Posted 07 March 2005 - 03:58 AM Edited by xox_vanzant_xox, 07 March 2005 - 09:49 AM.

Ok I added a few of the submitted ones if you all don't already know I have completed ones for III and Vice.

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

• United-States

Posted 07 March 2005 - 06:29 AM Edited by xox_vanzant_xox, 07 March 2005 - 09:29 AM.

QUOTE (Guided @ Mar 7 2005, 01:40)
also at the end of the game when the girl is trying to get Sweet to take crack, she is in the metting with the GSF the next couple of missions O_O!

I noticed this too...but I belive it's to be sweets girl so maybe in the story she has changed her ways. I might add it if anyone else has a different opinion.

Sorry for the double post i'm runnin MYIE2 which causes that to happen if i'm not payin attention.

SloStenRacing
  • SloStenRacing

Crawlin' S-10

• Members

Posted 07 March 2005 - 07:51 AM Edited by SloStenRacing, 07 March 2005 - 07:54 AM.

Dude how the hell did you get a start when you dont even follow forum rules? Use the edit button.

EDIT : Didnt my list of 37 disprove ALOT of those? I think so. Also 38 and 40 (I think those are the numbers the ones from king) are pretty much the same.

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

• United-States

Posted 07 March 2005 - 09:49 AM

Slostenracing Hernandez doesn't have the gun tenpenny does.
If you are in a car while your friends are shooting guns out of the window youre still in on it by the lawbooks. I come from Terre haute Indiana thats why I know red lights flash at train crossings they do in the game...just not in the beginning thats what i was pointing out. You said Big Smoke was in CJs house to clear evidence Theres no evidence inside of a house that was a victim of drive-by. Claude IS behind woozie in the wu-zi-mu mission he's leaning in the front of the car ,it's not as obvious as the next race. Claude ISN'T in any of the cars during the race enter peds riot before it starts...he's replaced by a normal ped. The only one i'm taking out is #24 you were right on that one.

ogf_ak
  • ogf_ak

JEG VIL DØMMES I VALHALLA

• Members

Posted 07 March 2005 - 12:35 PM

QUOTE (xox_vanzant_xox @ Mar 7 2005, 09:49)
Slostenracing Hernandez doesn't have the gun tenpenny does.
If you are in a car while your friends are shooting guns out of the window youre still in on it by the lawbooks. I come from Terre haute Indiana thats why I know red lights flash at train crossings they do in the game...just not in the beginning thats what i was pointing out. You said Big Smoke was in CJs house to clear evidence Theres no evidence inside of a house that was a victim of drive-by. Claude IS behind woozie in the wu-zi-mu mission he's leaning in the front of the car ,it's not as obvious as the next race. Claude ISN'T in any of the cars during the race enter peds riot before it starts...he's replaced by a normal ped. The only one i'm taking out is #24 you were right on that one.

well youre right about both, Calude is in the back ground of "wu zi mu" entrance video... but only the seconds where carls looking around, his cleaning his ZR- 350.

And in race "farewell my love" he isnt in the car, or he just changes clothes blink.gif

user posted image

Thanks to Photobucket.com for image hosting and www.gtasanan.com for pic.

black_halo
  • black_halo

Your Worst Nightmare/ T-virus Specialist

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 March 2005 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE (The Truth v2.0 @ Mar 6 2005, 21:02)

pft yeah, 350 dollars in small change has to weigh a hell of a lot don't you think?

ogf_ak
  • ogf_ak

JEG VIL DØMMES I VALHALLA

• Members

Posted 07 March 2005 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (black_halo @ Mar 7 2005, 14:07)
QUOTE (The Truth v2.0 @ Mar 6 2005, 21:02)

pft yeah, 350 dollars in small change has to weigh a hell of a lot don't you think?

haha yeah, maybe he even got to keep some 1 - dollar bills? wink.gif

tipt0e
  • tipt0e

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 March 2005 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE (xox_vanzant_xox @ Mar 7 2005, 09:49)
You said Big Smoke was in CJs house to clear evidence Theres no evidence inside of a house that was a victim of drive-by.

There would be evidence the police would be interested in:
Any recoverable bullets -- for ballistics if they went through the house.

Not saying Big Smoke was in there for that, though, cuz I don't know.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users