Photo

MISSION CODING IV

520 replies to this topic
Bebop
  • Bebop

GTA LC Peds Converter

• Members

Posted 09 April 2005 - 01:57 AM

General Lee and Delorian never appeared on gta3 and they even have a space on the main .scm to make the general lee play the horn and Delorian fly, i would call thats a unofficial mod but it is on the official isnt it? And the code that spawns a Hunter and PCJ shouldnt be there cause normal cheat codes lower statistics of VC. That is just my opinion.

PresidentKiller
  • PresidentKiller

Anger Manager

• The Connection
  • Mexico

Posted 09 April 2005 - 01:59 AM

QUOTE (Bebop @ Apr 8 2005, 20:57)
General Lee and Delorian never appeared on gta3 and they even have a space on the main .scm to make the general lee play the horn and Delorian fly, i would call thats a unofficial mod but it is on the official isnt it? And the code that spawns a Hunter and PCJ shouldnt be there cause normal cheat codes lower statistics of VC. That is just my opinion.

I think Craig said a while ago that the DeLorean and the General Lee won't be on the "final" Beta 2 release.

Bebop
  • Bebop

GTA LC Peds Converter

• Members

Posted 09 April 2005 - 02:03 AM

That changes my opinion about this lol.gif

Next time ill post on the unofficial mods thread. tounge.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 09 April 2005 - 04:34 AM

Yeah, the DeLorean and General Lee are just a fun (un)official mod for the public test releases. It's really not an issue unless you want to use those files. Meaning unless you spawn those cars, it shouldn't even be noticed. But for the final release I will remove all references from the code that deal with those cars. I'll also have another code posted in the unofficial mods section that would have those cars in them. Also, with the final release, the Hunter/PCJ spawn code will only be activated if the LCDEBUG variable is on.

As far as a 100% reward, right now I'm leaning towards removing the hardcoded Vice City rewards and having it just like GTA3.

Toreno
  • Toreno

• Members

Posted 09 April 2005 - 11:42 AM

How do you pass the BAIT Mission? I can't pass it sad.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 10 April 2005 - 03:29 AM

Right now you can't. Me, Hammer, and Patrick have all looked at the code and we can't figure out why yet. Hopefully it will work in the near future though.

EDIT: Me and Hammer found the bug (almost at the exact same time as well). And it was a dumb mistake on my part. I forgot to increase the z coordinates of the trap by 6 units. Now you can pass this mission:
user posted image
Code uploaded at the usual place.

KoLSPD2
  • KoLSPD2

The Lurker

• Members

Posted 10 April 2005 - 08:27 AM

Guess what? Another pedestrian needs to be converted for a specific mission, this one's b_man3 (WMOGO) for "Marked Man," they're the CIA agents that Ray mentions. Once this mission is converted, I'm going to go on the PCJ-600 and be shot by the CIA agents with M-16's and see if I can survive. It's rather easy to bypass them with the Rhino. I also think b_man3 is also used for "Two-Faced Tanner," if I remember correctly, for Tanner himself.

How do I know this? Investigating the .scm for GTAIII, and I also played Marked Man just a few minutes ago. Time for bed, and some updates on not converted pedestrians used in storyline missions later.

[DMA]Blunted
  • [DMA]Blunted

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 April 2005 - 12:04 PM

barring in mind this isn't the newest unrelease mission scm (the one with big and veiny working is forthcoming) I played TONI CIPRIANI: "SALVATORE'S CALLED A MEETING" and I noticed a second limo outside during the cutscene, and when the limo with joey in it drives out it's there plus there's a purple dot from inside where I assume joey should be, ok so I drive to luigi's and the cutscene hit's luigi tries to walk over to the car but his right leg is not moving while the foot is so it makes the middle of his leg disappear he hits a pole ok I wait 30 seconds ok he's in the car, ok cutscene fades pop's luigi on top of the car standing there and the limo is now stuck in the wall at the entrace for luigi's missions, I kill luigi and exit to desktop since this mission like this is unpassable.

as for rewards, the idea here is to be as GTA 3 as possible while adding VC's features. so I would argue we should make the reward for achieving 100% in LC the same as VC (250 health & armour, inf ammo, double damage in cars) + the cash reward from 3, that way we'll all feel satisfied for completing it (leave out the I completed vice city and all I got was this lousy t shirt tshirt) or someone could edit it to say I completed liberty city and all I got was this lousy t shirt. there you go I like it that way. it's easier to keep in the rewards (inf sprint for level ten paramedics, fireproof for level ten firemissions, jump for level ten taxi missions) Craig I hope you agree this is a good reward for completing things and there's no reason it can't be offcial, it'd just be considered part of making 3 a more rewarding experiance.

on another note craig's delorean is invaluable to collision testing so it's needed for the time being, and I do agree the spawn codes should all be removed from the final product.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 10 April 2005 - 01:49 PM Edited by spaceeinstein, 10 April 2005 - 01:51 PM.

Vice City's rewards is like adding clothes pickups around the city. I didn't even want a Packer in LC but meh.
Craig's DeLorean is just a dumb Sparrow. There's nothing special about it since there's a lot of other helis around the city.

Bebop
  • Bebop

GTA LC Peds Converter

• Members

Posted 11 April 2005 - 01:20 AM

QUOTE (KoLSPD2 @ Apr 10 2005, 08:27)
Guess what? Another pedestrian needs to be converted for a specific mission, this one's b_man3 (WMOGO) for "Marked Man," they're the CIA agents that Ray mentions. Once this mission is converted, I'm going to go on the PCJ-600 and be shot by the CIA agents with M-16's and see if I can survive. It's rather easy to bypass them with the Rhino. I also think b_man3 is also used for "Two-Faced Tanner," if I remember correctly, for Tanner himself.

How do I know this? Investigating the .scm for GTAIII, and I also played Marked Man just a few minutes ago. Time for bed, and some updates on not converted pedestrians used in storyline missions later.

There is a tanner model on the gta3 img i am not sure if it was used.
Maybe a 100% acheiving reward could be the VC minigun.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 11 April 2005 - 08:36 AM Edited by Craig Kostelecky, 11 April 2005 - 07:25 PM.

Tanner.dff and Tanner.txd were used in GTA3 and will need to be converted for LC. If it's not converted by the time I start that mission, I'll probably use cgoona as a placeholder (no particular reason why either).
QUOTE (KoLSPD2 @ Apr 10 2005, 02:27)
Guess what? Another pedestrian needs to be converted for a specific mission, this one's b_man3 (WMOGO) for "Marked Man," they're the CIA agents that Ray mentions. Once this mission is converted, I'm going to go on the PCJ-600 and be shot by the CIA agents with M-16's and see if I can survive. It's rather easy to bypass them with the Rhino.

Like this?
user posted image
Or you could do it with a helicopter making it super easy. I think I officially shattered all of the records with this time.
user posted image
As shown by the pictures above, the rest of the Ray missions have been converted. There are some issues with some of them still, so they're not available for download yet. Plus there's some opcodes that I might need enabled before they play right (00AC, 02F1, 03F8, and 02EF if you're reading this Hammer)

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 11 April 2005 - 09:52 AM

According to the front page 03FB has been converted.

Is 00AC actually only when the car is on land, or just when its not in water? I.e. if it was airbourne above land, is that true, or if you were on top of a building, would that evaluate to true, although I can't see how the game could tell the difference? I may need to do a bit of experimentation as there are suggested alternatives on the first page, but Im not exactly sure what it does so I don't know if they will work.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 11 April 2005 - 07:25 PM

00AC is used to determine when the boat in the Gone Fishing mission is on land. I don't know if negating other opcodes would work properly. And there was a typo in my list above. The 03FB opcode should be 03F8 (I guess I can't read my own writing)

KoLSPD2
  • KoLSPD2

The Lurker

• Members

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:03 PM

Craig: Like that. Thanks for coding that mission, and any one care to give BDB:A1/BDB:A2 a shot? I'm going to be MIA of GTA:LC until I can find a job to help give my parents some money for a new computer. Any plans to increase traffic activity? Because in those two screens, they're not like in GTA3, where there'd be 5-6 peds, and a few cars. I'll let Hammer figure that out, as to my knowledge, is hardcoded into the exe.

Bebop
  • Bebop

GTA LC Peds Converter

• Members

Posted 12 April 2005 - 02:23 AM Edited by Bebop, 12 April 2005 - 05:21 PM.

Tanner

Download

I havent tested it yet but it should work fine, report me of any bug.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 12 April 2005 - 03:29 AM

That link isn't working for me right now. I tried left clicking and saving the target as well.

@KoLSPD: I'll probably do the remaining Asuka missions (minus SAM) next. I don't know when I'll get to it though, but those will probably be next. Then I'll look at the remaining Salvatore missions.

Bebop
  • Bebop

GTA LC Peds Converter

• Members

Posted 12 April 2005 - 05:22 PM

It works now, i forgot to capitalize the first letter. bored.gif

[DMA]Blunted
  • [DMA]Blunted

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 April 2005 - 02:18 PM

I was playing with the normal scm (not the debug version) and SALVETORES CALLED A MEETING (in debug mode there's two limos and you get stuck in the wall when you pick up luigi) works perfectly.
other then the cutscene problems.

I was also able to pinpoint when Toni's T turns into an S, it's just after completing CIPRIANI'S CHAUFFER
the icon changes from Toni's T to Salvetores's S

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 13 April 2005 - 08:08 PM

Thanks for that Charles. That pointed me to the exact location in the scm where the problem existed. It's fixed now.

[DMA]Blunted
  • [DMA]Blunted

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 April 2005 - 07:00 PM

=) cool glad to help, I'm working on audio now craig and if you read this please please please point me to the tool to blank out tommy's voice's as blanking out 1100+ files by hand is insane to comtemplate.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 14 April 2005 - 11:48 PM

That blanks out all of the unused Vice City files in the audio folder. If you want to modify it to blank out sounds inside the SFX archive, then you would have to modifyt the batch file with the new names. Let me know if you have any issues.

[DMA]Blunted
  • [DMA]Blunted

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 01:13 AM

I was playing with debug scm and I went and did kenji's mission grand theft auto and every time I brought the second car to the garage regardless of order I brought them their the garage would not accept the second car, it never popped up the text to get out of the car and I failed the mission multiple times even though I had delivered both the other cars and was in the third car right infront of the garage.

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 12:23 PM

That mission is known to be buggy - its random on what it will and won't accept. the best way is just drive in and out and mess about abit until it takes it (try respraying). I may have to have a look at it as it was my conversion (although there was a missing important OpCode).

Kurropt Antagonist
  • Kurropt Antagonist

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 02:39 PM

According the Main.scm.txt, "The Exchange" is supposed to work fine, but it won't even start up for me... upon getting near the blue marker (by the way, you should 'shorten' the radius, because if you just walk across the sidewalk you'll 'start' the mission), the screen fades as usual, but stays that way.

I'm supposing we're missing the animation for that mission? Possibly. I should have a look right now....

QUOTE (main.scm)

anim = c1_tex

QUOTE (cuts.img)

c1_tex... NOPE

By the way (again), are you just extracting the animations directly from the original GTA3's cuts.img?

If so, I can go ahead and save myself some downloading time.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 03:32 PM

GTA3's animations doesn't have "bones" for the characters so you need to convert. The latest cuts.img/dir should have that animation because "The Exchange" worked fine for me.

[DMA]Blunted
  • [DMA]Blunted

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 03:33 PM Edited by [DMA]Blunted, 17 April 2005 - 03:36 PM.

Y-Less I tryed as you suggested to respray and reenter the stolen cars garage at least 8 times in a row and then the time ran out, now I already noted this is the second car have the issue, the garage was not picky about allowing either the first car got over the third, just the second car had this issue. so if you can look for the a referrance that somehow makes the second car reactive differently then #1 or #3.

- Mission Problem in Debug Mode, I noticed in the mission "Arms Shortage" that Phil Cassidy's first line of dialog would loop over and over until the columbian's arrived, it's not so much a major bug as a very annoying one.

kurrupt, craig could answer that for you he's in charge of the scm package.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 17 April 2005 - 07:48 PM Edited by Craig Kostelecky, 18 April 2005 - 01:51 AM.

The latest download package should have a complete cuts.img. However one of the Ray cutscenes is the wrong file, but that mission's not coded in anybody's scm but mine right now anyway. And no the files cannot be directly used from GTA3. They need to be updated with a tool that Hammer programmed.

EDIT: I just downloaded a new updated package which should have all cutscene issues resolved. I also fixed the garage doors in 'Grand Theft Auto' and 'Don't Spank Ma Bitch Up.' More details are in the Current Status of the Mod thread.

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 18 April 2005 - 12:55 PM

Blunted, what order do you do the cars in? It's all well and good saying the second, but you can do them in any order - which do you get second. Or does it do it whichever you do second? It can be done as I have done it.

[DMA]Blunted
  • [DMA]Blunted

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 April 2005 - 01:57 PM

Y-Less I did them in all order's and it didn't matter it was always the second car the garage wouldn't accept, no matter how many times it was resprayed, craig's v3 beta files fixed this issue now Grand Theft Auto works perfectly.

"Don't Spank Ma Bitch Up" in my mind didn't need to be "fixed" as having to run that far away from the garage door is exactly how the mission works in GTA3 , but it's been modified which I have no issue with other then it was fine how it was.

"I Scream, You Scream" game locks up when you detonate the Mr Whoopie, here's the info DebugView reports

[1048] M3D provider requires AIL_USE_WAVEOUT==NO
[1048] Request Ped BFORI
[1048] Remove Ped BMYRI
[1048] Start loading bobcat
[1048] Finish loading bobcat
[1048] treeshads05 has not been pre-instanced
[1048] ind_customroad060 has not been pre-instanced
[1048] ind_custroad060_rev has not been pre-instanced
[1048] ind_land104 has not been pre-instanced
[1048] Request Ped BMYRI
[1048] Remove Ped WMYGO
[1048] Start loading peren
[1048] Finish loading peren
[1048] Request Ped HFYRI
[1048] Remove Ped BMYRI
[1048] Start loading cabbie
[1048] Finish loading cabbie
[1048] Request Ped BMYRI
[1048] Remove Ped WMOBU
[1048] Trying to damage component 7 of mrwhoop
[1048] Trying to damage component 8 of mrwhoop
[1048] Trying to damage component 17 of mrwhoop
[1048] Trying to damage component 18 of mrwhoop
[1048] Trying to damage component 16 of mrwhoop
[1048] Trying to damage component 12 of mrwhoop

VGF
  • VGF

Torrente en persona

• Members

Posted 18 April 2005 - 06:54 PM

Hey there, two bugs on Joey's missions:

On Dead Skunk in the Trunk, there is one subtitltle missing (The second one).
On The Getaway (The bank job), the position of the marker is somewhere up the true location of the ground.

I've also had a crash when I finished Salvatore's Called a Meeting, just when I finished I got into Salvatore's house to do Chaperone, and bang.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users