Photo

MISSION CODING IV

520 replies to this topic
spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 April 2010 - 11:37 PM Edited by spaceeinstein, 24 April 2010 - 11:54 PM.

I have spent all day condensing the Delorean code. Five threads are condensed into one. Here's the code. I have used the new coding format for the condensed thread and added many comments to it. Major fixes include the radio station is only fixed while in the Delorean and you can't "morph" while your car is flipped.

Here's an update to the "FinishInstall.bat" file. It should delete Vice City's map files.
CODE
cscript ShortcutSetup.vbs
cd audio
AudioCleanup.bat
cd ..\
cd data\maps
rmdir /s /q airport
rmdir /s /q airportN
rmdir /s /q bank
rmdir /s /q bar
rmdir /s /q bridge
rmdir /s /q cisland
rmdir /s /q club
rmdir /s /q concerth
rmdir /s /q docks
rmdir /s /q downtown
rmdir /s /q downtows
rmdir /s /q generic
rmdir /s /q golf
rmdir /s /q haiti
rmdir /s /q haitiN
rmdir /s /q hotel
rmdir /s /q islandsf
rmdir /s /q lawyers
rmdir /s /q littleha
rmdir /s /q mall
rmdir /s /q mansion
rmdir /s /q nbeach
rmdir /s /q nbeachbt
rmdir /s /q nbeachw
rmdir /s /q oceandn
rmdir /s /q oceandrv
rmdir /s /q stadint
rmdir /s /q starisl
rmdir /s /q stripclb
rmdir /s /q washintn
rmdir /s /q washints
rmdir /s /q yacht
cd ..\..\

I have played "Bait" and it's the worst mission ever in the GTA series. The Cartel entered the area, and then LEFT THE AREA. Then they spent driving all over SSV and ended up like this:
user posted image

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 25 April 2010 - 12:26 AM

space, I love you. inlove.gif Keep up the good work. The animation for the DeLorean is subtly different, but I'm okay with it. On the upside you can now save yourself when you're in water by hovering. The downside is I don't hear DEL_03 or DEL_04 play during the transitions and the camera didn't use to force itself behind the player before. But like I said, I'm okay with it if you don't want to spend any more of your valuable time on this.

And I also agree the effects that they've done with the DeLorean are amazing. I did not successfully copy all of their effects. And you should see it time travel. I wonder what else we'd need to grab from their code to get that working.

And I agree about Bait. I just love how you can fail the mission for killing the guys, but in a different way than the Yakuza want you to kill them. They're still dead, what's the problem?

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2010 - 02:50 AM

The original code didn't check if the audio loaded so it should also sometimes not load with the original code. I don't understand what you said about the camera forcing behind the car. It does that with the original code.

Here's an updated code with super smooth wheel transition animation and fixed audio problem.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 25 April 2010 - 03:20 AM

Perfect! It's just like before, including what I was saying about the camera. Well done.

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2010 - 09:12 AM Edited by SteaVor, 25 April 2010 - 09:30 AM.

Nice to see I'm not the only one who thinks this way about BAIT.

The FinishInstall script included with Beta3 is not the latest one released by me as my scripts had taken care of cleaning the /maps dir.

Here's a package with the latest batch files I foudn on my hard disk (they applied cleanly to Beta3 when executed):
Download

Replace or add:
<GTA LC dir>\FinishInstall.bat
<GTA LC dir>\audio\AudioCleanup.bat
<GTA LC dir>\data\maps\ClearMapsDir.bat

(This could also easily be condensed into one batch file.)

This also deletes the map*.dat files inside of \data\maps\. If they need to be kept however, just open up ClearMapsDir.bat and delete the first line.

Next week I'm going to do a DIFF between my old WIP folder and the latest beta3 code to find out whether there was anything else omitted. (My WIP install also had the BISTRO audio properly included in the INI file, for example.)

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 25 April 2010 - 01:40 PM

I'd prefer just one batch file called cleanup.bat or whatever else you'd like to call it. And I'm sure there's more I've missed, so I look forward to you going through your files.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:04 PM

Oh no, I didn't tell you to replace ALL breifcases with floatpackages. I said there were six to replace for A Drop in the Ocean. Can you revert all of them back?

More fix

Replace
CODE
00D6: if 0
0038:   $MASTERLCDEBUG == 0  // integer values
004D: jump_if_false @LabelCHAPERONEReturn
02A7: $TONI_MISSION_MARKER = create_icon_marker_and_sphere 22 at 884.5601 -321.0 32.375
004F: create_thread @LabelTriadsAndTribulationsMonitor

with
CODE
004F: create_thread @LabelTriadsAndTribulationsMonitor
0038:   $MASTERLCDEBUG == 0  // integer values
004D: jump_if_false @LabelCHAPERONEReturn
02A7: $TONI_MISSION_MARKER = create_icon_marker_and_sphere 22 at 884.5601 -321.0 32.375

Debug mode was preventing me to play Triads and Tribulations.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:28 PM Edited by Craig Kostelecky, 29 April 2010 - 09:09 PM.

My updates will have to wait a day or two while I get my computer sorted out. I finally made the update to Windows 7, but I preserved my old hard drive completely. So if something doesn't go right, I can simply swap a cable and it's back to the way it was.

I will update those as soon as it's ready again, which hopefully will be soon.

EDIT: Win7 is up and running as are all 3 of my GTA3 games. I just have to install Sanny Builder, IMG Tool, and maybe a few other tools. Then I can get back to work on integrating files.

And in case you haven't noticed, things are slowing down here a bit again. Outside of ped conversion and some behind the scenes exe work, this thing is virtually done. So we're waiting on MM to finish his university commitments and for him to get caught up.

However, outside of a few placeholding peds and a proper installer, this mod is 99.9% complete. Enjoy it.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:25 AM Edited by spaceeinstein, 30 April 2010 - 12:27 AM.

Feels like there are still much to be done. At least the mod can enjoy a "final" status at last. I have never seen a total conversion mod this close to completion before.

For the fix for the Lift Bridge,
Find
CODE
0001: wait 40000 ms

Replace with
CODE
end_thread_named 'SSVAUD'
0001: wait 40000 ms
create_thread @SSVBRIDGE

Remove all 018E: stop_sound $BRIDGEALARM# (6) and 018D: $BRIDGEALARM# (6)
And add the code from this post below the bridge movement code.
The coordinates and radii would need to be edited in order to be heard correctly.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:14 AM Edited by Craig Kostelecky, 30 April 2010 - 02:19 AM.

I got around to testing the bridge audio and my first impressions are good. I adjusted the X coordinate to -604 (about where the hidden package is, or the center of the bridge) and you can hear it from both sides of the bridge. I haven't tested III lately since I don't have a save file (or modded scm) at this time.

I also moved the Triads and Tribs trigger to before the debug check and fixed the briefcase pickups so they're not the float packages.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2010 - 12:56 AM

Opcode 0135 seems to behave exactly as 020A. I'm not sure why Rockstar needs two opcodes that do the same thing. You can safely replace all 0135 with 020A.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:19 AM

Done.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2010 - 06:36 PM Edited by spaceeinstein, 11 May 2010 - 06:49 PM.

Find and remove
CODE
053F: set car $FORELLI_CAR1 tires vulnerable 0

CODE
053F: set car $FORELLI_CAR2 tires vulnerable 0

Find
CODE
8185:   NOT   car $FORELLI_CAR1 health >= 999
004D: jump_if_false @LabelLC04005C

Replace with
CODE
00D6: if or
8185:   not car $FORELLI_CAR1 health >= 999
8184:   not actor $FORELLI1_CHAR health >= 99
0496:   vehicle $FORELLI_CAR1 tire 4 deflated
004D: jump_if_false @LabelLC04005C

Find
CODE
8185:   NOT   car $FORELLI_CAR2 health >= 999
004D: jump_if_false @LabelLC040095

Replace with
CODE
00D6: if or
8185:   not car $FORELLI_CAR2 health >= 999
8184:   not actor $FORELLI2_CHAR health >= 99
0496:   vehicle $FORELLI_CAR2 tire 4 deflated
004D: jump_if_false @LabelLC040095

This will make the Forellis react to tire popping and car headshots.

Find
CODE
if
 $crushreturn == @LabelCRUSH007    //173280 // integer values
jf @LabelCRUSH006

Add below
CODE
$IS_CAR_PICKED_UP = 1

This will prevent the "Get back in the vehicle" message when the car is picked up by the crane. I only tested it on Dead Skunk in the Trunk but it should work for all other missions.

Find
CODE
015A: restore_camera
0373: set_camera_directly_behind_player
0249: release_model #DELUXO

Add above
CODE
01C3: remove_references_to_car 0@

Releases the car, it wasn't released before so there were a lot of Deloreans lying around after a while of playing.

EDIT: The SSV Bridge fix was incomplete. I forgot to stop the sound when the thread stops so the sound stayed permanent.
Find
CODE
018D: 7@ = create_sound 40 at 3@ 4@ 5@

Replace with
CODE
018D: $BRIDGEALARM = create_sound 40 at 3@ 4@ 5@

Find
CODE
018E: stop_sound 7@

Replace with
CODE
018E: stop_sound $BRIDGEALARM

Find
CODE
end_thread_named 'SAUD'

Add below
CODE
018E: stop_sound $BRIDGEALARM

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 15 May 2010 - 06:28 AM

After a short vacation in San Andreas and Vice City, I've come back to Liberty City and added space's new code fixes (and OnePiece's new icons).

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:49 AM Edited by Craig Kostelecky, 11 June 2010 - 05:52 PM.

I've fixed a major bug in Gone Fishing. The Rat would often keep throwing grenades in the boat and the next part of the mission would never be triggered. Well, never is the wrong word, but sometimes it took well over 10 minutes for the right conditions to be met. There was probably a better workaround, and if someone else wants to take a shot at it, I'm all for it. This does work though.

I fixed it by adding a timer that will skip to the next step after 5 seconds if the grenades don't explode in the water. I'm not going to release anything yet, because my scm is set up for the next major release and would not be compatible with the current image. Hopefully I'll have an upload soon. If you want to fix it yourself, you can find this section of code:

CODE
0009: $GFRAT_Y += 1.0  

:LabelLC07193F  
82EE:   NOT   projectile_in_cube_keep $GFGHOST_X $GFGHOST_Y $GFGHOST_Z $GFTEMPVAR_X2 $GFRAT_X $GFRAT_Y
004D: jump_if_false @LabelLC0719BC

And replace it with this:
CODE
0009: $GFRAT_Y += 1.0  
01BD: $GF_START_TIME = current_time_in_ms

:LabelLC07193F  
01BD: $GF_CURRENT_TIME = current_time_in_ms
0084: $GF_TIME_ELAPSED = $GF_CURRENT_TIME  // integer values and handles
0060: $GF_TIME_ELAPSED -= $GF_START_TIME  // integer values
00D6: if 1    
8018:   NOT  $GF_TIME_ELAPSED > 5000  // If the grenades don't work after 5 seconds, this skips to the next step
82EE:   NOT   projectile_in_cube_keep $GFGHOST_X $GFGHOST_Y $GFGHOST_Z $GFTEMPVAR_X2 $GFRAT_X $GFRAT_Y
004D: jump_if_false @LabelLC0719BC

Now my next step is getting the audio to work for the car crusher. After that, my work with the scm is done (I think).
Car crusher audio is working. It's not perfectly synced, but it's close enough for my standards. I think to truly sync it up the audio needs to be split into two files and I don't want to bother with that. But like anything else, if someone else out there wants to do it, go ahead. If it works, I'll use it.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2010 - 10:35 PM Edited by spaceeinstein, 04 July 2010 - 11:36 PM.

I found a small error with the coordinates code. When the player is located between 0.0 and -1.0, the coordinates will display the value as a positive instead of a negative. The problem is that there is no negative 0

045B: text_draw_2numbers 4@ 5@ 'POS1' 0@ 1@ // ~1~.~1~

0@ displays the negative value. For example, in -100.4, 0@ would be -100 and 1@ be 4. In -0.4, 0@ would just be 0, making it positive. It seems like all coordinates mods that uses text opcodes have this error. The generalized fixed code is here but it's my custom code, not based off LC's.

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:34 PM

Just so I don't forget about it - I think I found a bug in "The Crook" that I couldn't reproduce in GTAIII, so should probably be fixed in LC:

1. Enter the Perennial and drive to the Bank of Liberty to pick up the bank manager.
2. As soon as the manager starts walking towards your car in order to enter it, exit the car.
3. Wait until the lawyer has entered the car.
4. Re-enter the car.
5. The lawyer will leave the car as soon as you've entered it and cannot be persuaded to re-enter it, so there's no way for you to pass the mission.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:55 PM

I remember having to use two opcodes together to stop actors from getting out in the VC engine. After a quick peak at the code, I'm thinking it's 039E and 01D4 need to be used together. Try seeing how it was used in other missions compared to the GTA3 code. Or maybe there's a reference to it in an old mission coding thread.

S. Partrick
  • S. Partrick

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:27 PM

What can should be added for time travelling? I mean you have that DGLSPWN thread but is it possible to add time travel in GTA LC with those opcodes? Pl show me how.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:49 AM

I wasn't able to figure out how to activate the time circuits in the time I spent studying the code.

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:29 AM

Hey guys, I'm seriously sorry for bumpin' all the topics here but I just love the mod and can't resist.

What I wanted to invent in GTA III was properties, but it was very hard to do - cooldude invented something like that in his mod, altough it's still pretty unstable. So I just want to ask, could I just copy a random asset script from original VC's main.scm, change it abit of course and past it in GTA:LC's main.scm? Would that work out? And if yes, I wonder if there is an exact place where I should paste it in? tounge.gif
I have sanny builder and all, I just guess implementing a new asset would be pasting VC's code and changing things such as coordinates. At least, I hope so.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:02 AM

Adding assets should be done just as they were in Vice City. Why don't you give it a try and if it crashes, post your code and maybe we can troubleshoot the problem.

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:29 AM

I will try, thanks alot Craig.

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:35 PM

Reviving the thread.

Find

CODE
004F: create_thread @LabelDontSpankMaBitchUpMonitor
004F: create_thread @LabelMarkerHelpMonitor
004F: create_thread @LabelLuigiHelpMonitor

add below

CODE
004F: create_thread @LabelBikesHelpMonitor

Find

CODE
//#####################################################################################
//#####################################################################################
// END BUILDING WARP / BEGIN LUIGI HELP

[some older code I've lost now]

// END LUIGI HELP / BEGIN AMMUNATION PISTOL MONITOR

replace with

CODE
// END BUILDING WARP / BEGIN LUIGI HELP

:LabelLuigiHelpMonitor
03A4: name_thread 'LUIHELP'
0001: wait 1000 ms
if
   0256:   player $PLAYER_CHAR defined
then
   if
       0038:   $LC36 == 0
   then
       if
           0038:   $LUIGIS_GIRLS_COMPLETED == 1
       then
           03E5: text_box 'LM1_8'   // You can go and see Luigi for more work or check out Liberty City.
           0004: $LC36 = 1
       end
   end
   if
       0038:   $LC36 == 1
   then
       0006: 16@ = 0
       0004: $LC36 = 2
   end

while true
       if
           001B:   6000 > 16@
       jf break
       0001: wait 0 ms
   end

if
       0038:   $LC36 == 2
   then
       if
           0038:   $ONMISSION == 0
       then
           03E5: text_box 'LM1_8A'   // To earn some extra cash why not 'borrow' a taxi...
           0006: 16@ = 0
           0004: $LC36 = 3
       end
   end

while true                
       if                    
           001B:   10000 > 16@
       jf break              
       0001: wait 0 ms      
   end  

// No $LC36 == 3 check to prevent from bike help box not being showed if player skipped LM1_8A                    
   0004: $LC36 = 4
end
004E: end_thread

// END LUIGI HELP / BEGIN BIKE CONTROLS HELP

:LabelBikesHelpMonitor
03A4: name_thread 'BIKHELP'

while true
   0001: wait 1000 ms
   if
   then
       if
           047E:   player $PLAYER_CHAR driving_a_motorbike
       then
           if
               0038:   $LC36 == 4
           then
               0001: wait 2000 ms
               if
               then
                   0293: $CURRENT_CONTROLS = current_controls
                   if
                       0038:   $CURRENT_CONTROLS == 0
                   then
                       03E5: text_box 'HELP27'  // Press the ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_TURRETUP~~w~ button and the ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_TURRETDOWN~~w~ button, to shift your weight on a bike.
                   else
                       03E5: text_box 'HELP28'  // Press the ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_TURRETUP~~w~ button and the ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_TURRETDOWN~~w~ button, to shift your weight on a bike.
                   end
                   004E: end_thread
               end
           end
       end
   end
end

// END BIKE CONTROLS HELP / BEGIN AMMUNATION PISTOL MONITOR

Since all vehicle controls get help messages for III, and LC has bikes added, this VC help could be re-enabled too.

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:44 PM

Grand Theft Aero & Give Me Liberty cutscenes fixes.

Find

CODE
039D: scatter_particles 18 1.0 0 0 0 0 at $PARTICLE_X $PARTICLE_Y $PARTICLE_Z $PARTICLE_TARGET_X $PARTICLE_TARGET_Y $PARTICLE_TARGET_Z

Replace with

CODE
058A: create_gun_flash_from $PARTICLE_X $PARTICLE_Y $PARTICLE_Z to $PARTICLE_TARGET_X $PARTICLE_TARGET_Y $PARTICLE_TARGET_Z

Find

CODE
0005: $PARTICLE_TARGET_X = 34.0  // floating-point values
0009: $PARTICLE_TARGET_X += 2.375  // floating-point values
0005: $PARTICLE_TARGET_Y = -327.5  // floating-point values
000D: $PARTICLE_TARGET_Y -= 4.0625  // floating-point values
0005: $PARTICLE_TARGET_Z = 24.4375  // floating-point values
0009: $PARTICLE_TARGET_Z += 47.3125  // floating-point values
0086: $TEMP_VAR = $PARTICLE_TARGET_X  // floating-point values only
0086: $PARTICLE_TARGET_X = $PARTICLE_X  // floating-point values only
0061: $PARTICLE_TARGET_X -= $TEMP_VAR  // floating-point values
0086: $TEMP_VAR = $PARTICLE_TARGET_Y  // floating-point values only
0086: $PARTICLE_TARGET_Y = $PARTICLE_Y  // floating-point values only
0061: $PARTICLE_TARGET_Y -= $TEMP_VAR  // floating-point values
0086: $TEMP_VAR = $PARTICLE_TARGET_Z  // floating-point values only
0086: $PARTICLE_TARGET_Z = $PARTICLE_Z  // floating-point values only
0061: $PARTICLE_TARGET_Z -= $TEMP_VAR  // floating-point values
0061: $PARTICLE_TARGET_X -= $PARTICLE_X  // floating-point values
0061: $PARTICLE_TARGET_Y -= $PARTICLE_Y  // floating-point values
0061: $PARTICLE_TARGET_Z -= $PARTICLE_Z  // floating-point values
0011: $PARTICLE_TARGET_X *= 0.0  // floating-point values
0011: $PARTICLE_TARGET_Y *= 0.0  // floating-point values
0011: $PARTICLE_TARGET_Z *= 0.0  // floating-point values
0437: scatter_particle 5 0.0 at $PARTICLE_X $PARTICLE_Y $PARTICLE_Z $PARTICLE_TARGET_X $PARTICLE_TARGET_Y $PARTICLE_TARGET_Z
0437: scatter_particle 5 0.0 at $PARTICLE_X $PARTICLE_Y $PARTICLE_Z $PARTICLE_TARGET_X $PARTICLE_TARGET_Y $PARTICLE_TARGET_Z
0437: scatter_particle 65 0.1875 at $PARTICLE_X $PARTICLE_Y $PARTICLE_Z 0.0 0.0 0.0

Replace with

CODE
0437: scatter_particle 76 0.1 at $PARTICLE_X $PARTICLE_Y $PARTICLE_Z 0.0 0.0 0.0
0437: scatter_particle 7 0.0 at $PARTICLE_X $PARTICLE_Y $PARTICLE_Z 0.0 0.0 0.03
0437: scatter_particle 7 0.0 at $PARTICLE_X $PARTICLE_Y $PARTICLE_Z 0.0 0.0 0.03
0437: scatter_particle 8 0.0 at $PARTICLE_X $PARTICLE_Y $PARTICLE_Z 0.0 0.1 0.03
0437: scatter_particle 8 0.0 at $PARTICLE_X $PARTICLE_Y $PARTICLE_Z 0.0 0.1 0.03
0437: scatter_particle 41 0.0 at $PARTICLE_X $PARTICLE_Y $PARTICLE_Z 0.0 0.0 0.03
0437: scatter_particle 41 0.0 at $PARTICLE_X $PARTICLE_Y $PARTICLE_Z 0.0 0.0 0.03

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:19 PM

No new functionality has been added, but I've done quite a bit of work to the scm and I thought it would be a good idea to upload it. As I convert more missions to the high level code, I'll update this file. This could be very useful to people who may want to attempt to convert missions for the SALC mod as they have their map offset the same as ours.

Here is the script file.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

I've been doing a TON of recoding in the last several months to make our mission script look more like Rockstar's. As of now, I'm 62% through with the entire code. But since I've changed so much, it's very possible I messed up something that was previously working. I haven't had the time to fully test everything either, so I'm asking for help in that area. There's very little that you'd notice differently from playing the game, but if you look a the script, you'll see it's much easier to understand now.

You can get the latest script files (I also included Rockstar's sources in case anyone is interested in seeing them) from the link in the previous post or on the first page.

Dylan2112
  • Dylan2112

I'm quite aware; my screen name SUCKS...

• Members

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:01 PM Edited by ITBTD, 11 April 2013 - 10:04 PM.

For some reason, I haven't been able to get my mouse to work at all no matter what I do. I tested it with Vice City and it gets stuck sometimes but when i either pause or alt+tab out then back in, it finally works but here I can't seem to do anything. When I set the VC exe to compatibility mode, gta-lc.exe fails to load it properly and comes up with an error. Same goes with Administrator mode.

Also, I get to the point where 8-Ball is supposed to say "I know a place at the edge of the red light district where we can lay low" But all i see is the text for that line with no audio and then the game doesn't go any further. It's completely stuck at that point.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

Is pepsi okay?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (ITBTD @ Thursday, Apr 11 2013, 22:01)
For some reason, I haven't been able to get my mouse to work at all no matter what I do. I tested it with Vice City and it gets stuck sometimes but when i either pause or alt+tab out then back in, it finally works but here I can't seem to do anything. When I set the VC exe to compatibility mode, gta-lc.exe fails to load it properly and comes up with an error. Same goes with Administrator mode.

Also, I get to the point where 8-Ball is supposed to say "I know a place at the edge of the red light district where we can lay low" But all i see is the text for that line with no audio and then the game doesn't go any further. It's completely stuck at that point.

Huh, do you have MVL installed? These happen to me when I have MVL installed on VC/LC.

Dylan2112
  • Dylan2112

I'm quite aware; my screen name SUCKS...

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE (theNGclan @ Thursday, Apr 11 2013, 17:57)
QUOTE (ITBTD @ Thursday, Apr 11 2013, 22:01)

Huh, do you have MVL installed? These happen to me when I have MVL installed on VC/LC.

Nope. It's a fresh install. I cannot determine the problem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users